Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:40:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VR is back. New album & Tour!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR is back. New album & Tour!!  (Read 27893 times)
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« on: May 14, 2012, 11:54:37 AM »

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-news/2012/5/14/frontman-scott-weiland-back-with-velvet-revolver-band-to-tou.html
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 11:57:51 AM »

let's take it with a grain of salt, but it wouldn't suprise me if they were back together.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 11:59:42 AM »

My guess is they have been writing songs this whole time going back to the songs they wrote with that hack corey taylor so Slash's parts are done.  Once Slash is done touring  with  the consprirators they will hit the studio and put out a third record by the end out the year then tour!
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 12:00:20 PM »

Grain of salt? This is not a twitter rumor is abcbews
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 12:01:35 PM »

Sorry just don't want people suprised if it weren't happening...
it's just abcnews that's reporting it. haven't read other journals or blogs or whatever.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 12:03:56 PM »

I hear ya I just dont think abcnews would make something lioe this up. What do they care
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 12:18:07 PM »

Just off the heat of the RNRHOF.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 12:40:04 PM »

That is weird.  According to this interview Slash did this morning prior to his show in Minneapolis tonight -- he shot down the rumors of a Velvet Revolver reunion started by Scott. Huh

Slash - May 14, 2012

The legendary guitarist joined the guys LIVE IN-STUDIO at 8:15... ok 8:25, you know, Rock Star Time and all, to answer a listener's question, talk about what his road life has been like, and to talk about his show tonight at The Brick. And he shot down the rumors started by Scott Weiland about the reunion of Velvet Revolver. ...Read More

http://www.93x.com/allnews.asp?c=2

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 01:09:38 PM »

ok....(deep breath)   WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON??  Huh

id love a velvet revolver reunion! but this slash thing is really weird
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 01:12:51 PM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 01:11:25 PM »

Slash says this "reunion" with Scott is not happening.

Blabbermouth.net has the audio of him being asked about what Scott says...they even play it to him.  He says no way...

During an appearance on this morning's (Monday, May 14) edition of the "Half-Assed Morning Show" on the Minneapolis, Minnesota radio station 93X, Slash shot down Weiland's reunion comments, explaining, "I have absolutely no intention of going back to that. . . I'm on tour all year. I'll call Duff, but I serious doubt [there is any truth to Weiland's comments]. We have no intention of going backwards."

Audio of Slash shooting down Weiland's comments (scroll down): http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=173967

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 01:24:25 PM »

another fucking genius move by Slash.  First Corey now Scott, this guy  sucks.  I mean I am still a fan of his music, but this dude fucking sucks.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 01:26:42 PM by Bodhi » Logged
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 01:37:49 PM »

Wasn't expecting to see that headline.

I can see where Slash would be reluctant, unless Scott decided he wanted to rock again.
He's one of the best frontmen in the biz, but has trended softer and softer every album since Core.
Contraband got him closer to that early amazing hard rock sound he burst on the scene with, but Libertad, while not a bad album trended softer again.
Last STP album was cookie cutter neutered rock. Slash doesn't seem interest in that, and that's cool by me.
You can tell he took a step back and adapted to Scott's direction on Libertad. It's a cohesive album, but doesn't showcase Slash's strength, whereas Contraband did a good job of showcasing both Slash and Scott.

If Scott decided he wanted to create an aggressive rock record, I'b be psyched to hear it.
I'm more excited by what I've heard of the new album w/Myles from an artistic standpoint. I'll take any chance I can to catch Scott live though, whether it's with STP, VR or solo.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 01:45:06 PM »

They'll fire slash Wink
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 02:48:08 PM »

It would be good news if this is true, Scott belongs in VR if VR are to get back together....But it's good news if it's not true too. Duff writing new stuff with his buddies in Loaded is pretty damn exiting too.

I have to say I wonder why Slash prefers his current band. Because he got all control, and there's no "danger" element to it? They bragged quite much about that danger and chemistry when VR were rollin'. And no, danger is not necessarily the same thing as drugs.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
overmatik
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 03:17:23 PM »

The only meaning all this talk has is that there will be no Slash. I mean, Scott sounds absolutely positive about it and Slash seems positively unaware. Perhaps they will get another lead guitar player...

What about Steve Stevens? Duff and Matt are friends with him, and in my opinion it would work out great.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 03:27:10 PM »

The only meaning all this talk has is that there will be no Slash. I mean, Scott sounds absolutely positive about it and Slash seems positively unaware. Perhaps they will get another lead guitar player...

What about Steve Stevens? Duff and Matt are friends with him, and in my opinion it would work out great.

just like VR doesn't really work with Scott, it certainly doesn't work without Slash who is the bands biggest star. 
overmatik
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 03:30:07 PM »

just like VR doesn't really work with Scott, it certainly doesn't work without Slash who is the bands biggest star. 

Well, this is the only thing I could think of, because the way Slash talks he is absolutely against the reunion.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 03:32:49 PM »

Well, this is the only thing I could think of, because the way Slash talks he is absolutely against the reunion.

yeah I agree with you , I was thinking the same thing.  I just don't know how they are gonna pull it off. 

It seems clear that Slash has been holding things up for quite some time, he was apparently the only one against the Corey Taylor thing, and now he is against Scott.  Matt, Duff, and Dave should just get a new singer and guitar player and do their own thing at this point.

Also I have no idea what he is holding VR up for,  besides this uninspired  Snakepit 2.0 thing he is doing now.  Don't get me wrong I liked the first Slash album with all the guest vocalists, he should have done that again.  Slash and Myles for a full record???  So far, not awesome.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 03:33:52 PM »

Or Slash has been kept out of the loop or hasn't responded to a mail of some sort he might have gotten but had no time to read because he is on tour...or his manager has kept it low but knows about it and hasn't informed his client....
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 03:38:36 PM »

Slash touring with Myles throughout the middle part of summer... Weiland touring with STP in August and September... how will this work? haha

I would go see them since I love VR with Scott, but how is this going to work?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: