Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 09:33:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy: "More of an expanded setlist than last time"
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy: "More of an expanded setlist than last time"  (Read 15282 times)
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2012, 08:37:37 AM »

kind of offtopic  but this just crssed my mind yesturday.

how amaizing would breakdown sound with the current lineup  Cheesy

lots of guitars, lots of keys. that epic song woud match the set set list perfectly! ... imagine the clip from vanishing point in screens... drool

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2012, 11:57:33 AM »

I would love to hear dead horse for me that would fucking rock I sure hope they come back to Saskatoon that was a truly epic show

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 07:16:49 AM »

BAD OBSESSION!! and DOUBLE TALKIN' JIVE M/F!!

Axl needs to pull his balls out and crank some more ILLUSION!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2012, 10:25:09 AM »

How about finally playing "Don't Damn Me"? I never understood why that song was never played in concert. It's one of the best rockers that GNR has.
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2012, 02:27:39 AM »

Pretty Tied Up, Back Off Bitch... One In A Million

CATCHER IN THE RYE!!!

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2012, 01:45:55 PM »

catcher in the rye what a amazing song live!

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2012, 02:00:20 PM »

How about finally playing "Don't Damn Me"? I never understood why that song was never played in concert. It's one of the best rockers that GNR has.

Slash song, not gonna hear it

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2012, 08:46:00 PM »

dont they play any SLASH songs?? hihi

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Regibold
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2012, 10:26:03 PM »

I don't know or even think that's the case of why they haven't played 'Don't Damn Me' or other songs for that matter. Axl's never come right out and said he would never play any Slash songs, nor can I ever see him doing so. There's the fact that he's at peace with the past (for the most part). Several other major facts are that he's had such a tight group of players for several years now who want to do the majority of the catalog from night to night, go out and kick ass, and look to the future and beyond. Maybe he'll break it out, like he did with 'Estranged' last year when he found out or saw how many wanted to hear it again? I'm sure there's a lot more that goes into making a seamless set list that works from start to end than any of us even know...so I'm sure if it works for Axl and it works for the rest of the band...we'll see some more of the proverbial dark horse songs of GNR! 
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2012, 01:10:57 AM »

good luck nailing the Don't Damn Me solo. I don't even think Slash could ok I'm sure Buckethead would have a killer take at it
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2012, 09:35:29 PM »

Maybe that's the reason why "Don't Damn Me" was never played? Because of that solo. It really is one of the most underrated songs that GNR has.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2012, 10:03:00 PM »

I could swear that I read somewhere (and I could certainly be wrong) but I've always thought the reason this song, along with Get in the Ring (which I've always thought was cool) were never played was because Axl said that those songs were essentially all he had to say about critics or whatever, and there was no need to play them. Again, maybe this is just something someone told me. Not trying to start rumors or shit.
imcrazy
Headliner

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2012, 10:21:40 PM »

I could swear that I read somewhere (and I could certainly be wrong) but I've always thought the reason this song, along with Get in the Ring (which I've always thought was cool) were never played was because Axl said that those songs were essentially all he had to say about critics or whatever, and there was no need to play them. Again, maybe this is just something someone told me. Not trying to start rumors or shit.

He said something to that effect during a concert regarding GITR... he got a lot of flack for that song and of course One in a Million, but I don't recall any controversy about Don't Damn Me.

I got a headache like a mother - twice the price of my thrills
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2012, 09:43:46 AM »

He said something to that effect during a concert regarding GITR... he got a lot of flack for that song and of course One in a Million, but I don't recall any controversy about Don't Damn Me.

He said that about Get in the Ring and One in a Million only

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2012, 10:46:36 AM »

When did Axl say he was not playing Slash songs?

libertad
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2012, 10:48:10 AM »

I wish they would go into more Chinese Democracy songs-I would drop Estranged and bring back Prostitute.

libertad
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2012, 02:07:16 PM »

He said that about Get in the Ring and One in a Million only

That's cool. Thanks.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2012, 10:13:05 PM »

To say that they would not play Slash songs is ridiculous since all old GNR songs are "Slash" songs and they've been playing them for years.  That obviously has no bearing in song selection, otherwise they'd play nothing but Chinese Democracy tunes, or maybe stuff from The Spaghetti Incident.   hihi  They certainly wouldn't play songs like "Sweet Child o Mine" and "Estranged".

FYI.... while "Don't Damn Me" and "Get in the Ring" have never been played live, GNR did indeed play "One in a Million" live on January 31, 1988.  That said, I seriously doubt it will get added into the current band's setlist for obvious reasons.

ALSO..... In the Q&A with Axl (which is posted on this board), he was asked about adding old songs to the set and people asked about Use Your Illusion era songs.  Axl's response was that he wanted to try to move away from older songs and focus on newer material.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:16:03 PM by Bridge » Logged
imcrazy
Headliner

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2012, 12:32:13 PM »

ALSO..... In the Q&A with Axl (which is posted on this board), he was asked about adding old songs to the set and people asked about Use Your Illusion era songs.  Axl's response was that he wanted to try to move away from older songs and focus on newer material.

Great - so we should be expecting some new songs any day now - HAHA!!!!

I got a headache like a mother - twice the price of my thrills
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2012, 03:33:40 PM »

I would love to see the band continue to move away from older songs like Axl said he would like to do...

but that is the majority of the GNR catalog.... so at this point i dont see how they can do that

and naturally it would end some of the old vs new comparisons...if they played less of the old songs

WTTJ SCOM etc ...id imagine will always be performed as long as GNR performs

whatever Axl wants to play tho....ive got no problem with ! its his deal

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: