Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 04:16:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228111 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1596403 times)
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #5880 on: December 23, 2016, 04:39:58 PM »

It doesn't matter who the second guitarist is this tour is about the big 3. Even if it was Izzy in the band you think he is going to take center stage no he would lay low in the background unless they did a song he sings. 
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5881 on: December 23, 2016, 06:10:47 PM »

I thought 2001-02 was a very cool time to be a fan.  You seemed to have all these possibilities and it was exciting. 

I still say that first time I heard the new songs at RIR III (especially 'Madagascar') was one of the coolest moments in all my years of GNR fandom

Got less exciting as time wore on and you saw there wasn't even a hint of a plan forward, and seemed to be very little excitement or drive on Axl's part to get the show on the road.

I think that feeling returned in 2006, before those same drawbacks ensued.  But we got some great concerts that year.

But then, by the time it finally came out in 2008, the reaction was more, "oh yeah...that thing."  The thrill was gone.
I got spoiled in RIR3 because I already listened to the bootlegs of Chinese, The Blues and Silkworms. I was most excited to listen to Riad, but of course the song was never played in Rio. I liked Madagascar, but I felt a bit disapointed because my favorite new song wasn't played.

That night was really special. But so was the night of the first Hammerstein gig. I wasn't even there, but the excitement was real. Remember, Axl had just reappeared in that Korn party talking about Blues, TWAT and Better. And then we heard stuff. And then he gave that long interview/chat with Bach... We didn't even know who was Buckethead's replacement. That was one of the most fun night for me as a fan.

I personally stayed away from all leaks.  So RIR was my first exposure to the new band, to new music.  It still has a very warm place in my heart.   

I loved seeing "My" band again live.  I couldn't of cared less about Axl, being the only remaining member of it.   I loved the new music.  Loved the vibe of the band

I loved reading of stories of there New Years gig that year that started at 3am.

I loved seeing them the next year at the Hard Rock and hearing stories about how Slash had intentions of seeing the show, but was asked not to.   Probably because I was at the show

For the next few years this was a very cool band.   Axl used to talk to crowds.  Axls rants where around still..   There was a very cool vibe and energy to the shows.

Then it slowly died down......   

Once Robin left the band I think a lot of myself left as well...   Some great shows in 2010, that kept me around though.    But it has been the same old stuff since

Baconman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3o_EDYl7a4&ab_channel=ZosterX

I'm glad Robin left. Other than Better and the solo in"This I Love", he wasn't GNR. Ditto for Buckethead.  MY band is back. Axl, Slash, and Duff!! It was cool seeing Adler.  Just need to get the AFD 5 for one show and that would be icing on the cake.
mikvilja
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5882 on: January 10, 2017, 02:15:41 AM »

Slash has posted a picture of his old Gibson replica which he used when recording the AFD. If I remember correctly, he's used this same guitar for other records as well.
Thinking about one year back, small hints of comeback coming here and there.
Could this be a hint of Slash recording something right now?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPDxT9KAkTn/?taken-by=slash

Edited to add Instagram link.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 02:17:24 AM by mikvilja » Logged
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #5883 on: January 10, 2017, 05:53:34 AM »

It doesn't matter who the second guitarist is this tour is about the big 3. Even if it was Izzy in the band you think he is going to take center stage no he would lay low in the background unless they did a song he sings. 

Izzy would not lay low.... Roll Eyes

Izzy was a bigger presence in the band than Duff...in my opinion. Big 4!  hihi
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 06:00:15 AM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5884 on: January 10, 2017, 12:47:08 PM »

Slash has posted a picture of his old Gibson replica which he used when recording the AFD. If I remember correctly, he's used this same guitar for other records as well.

Nice find. Is there any possibility that he uses it for regular rehearsals too?

And even if it's for a recording, it doesn't mean it's for GNR.

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5885 on: January 10, 2017, 12:53:15 PM »

Nice find. Is there any possibility that he uses it for regular rehearsals too?

And even if it's for a recording, it doesn't mean it's for GNR.

Listening to the AC DC rehearsals and how Axl sounds like such a beast in them, if I where them I would go in that sort of register to make Axl's voice shine like that.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5886 on: January 12, 2017, 11:13:48 AM »

I've been wondering whether doing an album is the carrot Axl knows he needs to keep Slash in play.  He keeps pushing off the next SMKC album to when he sees things with Guns wrapping up.  If Slash does in fact record an album with the Conspirators next Fall like Myles predicted, that will eat up close to two years of his time between recording & touring the album, which he always does.

If Axl can, at the very least, have Slash record on what's already done (along with possibly recording a few new songs) I could see him putting off the next SMKC album indefinitely and sticking with Guns.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5887 on: January 12, 2017, 11:17:13 AM »

Listening to the AC DC rehearsals and how Axl sounds like such a beast in them, if I where them I would go in that sort of register to make Axl's voice shine like that.

But the thing that sets Axl apart is that he can do so many things with his voice....

So if he sang let's say 15 songs on an album the same way, he could do it, but it wouldn't be the same Axl... If that makes sense.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5888 on: January 12, 2017, 04:03:24 PM »

But the thing that sets Axl apart is that he can do so many things with his voice....

So if he sang let's say 15 songs on an album the same way, he could do it, but it wouldn't be the same Axl... If that makes sense.

/jarmo

Hmm, I didn't mean to say that they should be like AC/DC and do only straight up rockers like they do. Im saying they should write songs that accommodate to Axl's voice to make it shine. Although I think that happens naturally with Slash.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5889 on: January 12, 2017, 08:47:31 PM »

/jarmo

Hmm, I didn't mean to say that they should be like AC/DC and do only straight up rockers like they do. Im saying they should write songs that accommodate to Axl's voice to make it shine. Although I think that happens naturally with Slash.

Would anyone complain about a new gnr album that sounded a lot like Axl with ac/dc?

Oh my god all these rockers sound the same!   

I hate all this new music that rocks! 

How dare Axl sound the same on every song!!

How about one album with all rockers   Where he sounds the same

One album of all rockers where he doesn't sound the same

One album with no ballets only rockers where he both sounds the same and different

Haha. I will take anything
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5890 on: January 13, 2017, 08:00:13 AM »

Did I say anyone would complain?

Again, you're missing the point.

Even on the most hard rock album they released, Appetite, Axl displays his capabilities as a singer by not doing the same thing all over the album....

Also, Axl is considered one of the best vocalists ever. Sometimes this seems to be forgotten.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5891 on: January 13, 2017, 01:38:44 PM »

Even on the most hard rock album they released, Appetite, Axl displays his capabilities as a singer by not doing the same thing all over the album....

Also, Axl is considered one of the best vocalists ever. Sometimes this seems to be forgotten.

/jarmo

yes Axl can sound differently many different songs

From your post it kinda sounded like you would be disappointed if a album came out with a single sound out of Axls mouth, because that's not how Axl is

I couldn't care less how it is or what it is as long as its something.  Right now, with new music, we have nothing
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5892 on: January 13, 2017, 04:39:17 PM »

From your post it kinda sounded like you would be disappointed if a album came out with a single sound out of Axls mouth, because that's not how Axl is

No, just pointed out the thing that always set him apart from many other singers and the fact that no GN'R album so far has him singing in the same way on all songs. Smiley

Right now, with new music, we have nothing

Maybe that's because the band has 50+ shows planned for the next nine months.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 04:57:23 PM by jarmo » Logged

slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #5893 on: January 13, 2017, 09:04:39 PM »

/jarmo

Just rerecoding Chinese Part 2 with Slash and Duff would be enough to keep people happy
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #5894 on: January 13, 2017, 11:47:37 PM »

Just rerecoding Chinese Part 2 with Slash and Duff would be enough to keep people happy

Some people yes... some people no. The current global interest is in this lineup more so than just the name GnR. I think fans are going to want Slash and Duff and will complain when sold a CD that may or may not also contain Paul, Bucket, Robin, etc... I would't do anything to upset this apple cart, and IMO anything from 99-14 would risk upsetting the apple cart...

Just because they played a few CD tracks live, do you know that Slash and Duff are comfortable essentially becoming studio musicians for CD2 (or whatever it's called)? While this is rooted in nothing but my opinion, I think Slash and Duff would want more, then enjoy creating and writing music, not just becoming the 7th guitar and 2nd bass on a track that they didn't write (or have a hand in writing)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5895 on: January 14, 2017, 09:54:32 AM »

Some people yes... some people no. The current global interest is in this lineup more so than just the name GnR. I think fans are going to want Slash and Duff and will complain when sold a CD that may or may not also contain Paul, Bucket, Robin, etc... I would't do anything to upset this apple cart, and IMO anything from 99-14 would risk upsetting the apple cart...

Just because they played a few CD tracks live, do you know that Slash and Duff are comfortable essentially becoming studio musicians for CD2 (or whatever it's called)? While this is rooted in nothing but my opinion, I think Slash and Duff would want more, then enjoy creating and writing music, not just becoming the 7th guitar and 2nd bass on a track that they didn't write (or have a hand in writing)
But you're thinking about a new album. Maybe they could just rerecord (and by that I mean writing their own parts and changing the original arrangement) a song or two and release it on iTunes untill a proper new album isn't ready. Sure this is not something the band *needs* to do right now, and I wouldn't hold my breath on this, but it's still an unlikely possibility.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5896 on: January 14, 2017, 10:10:12 AM »

But you're thinking about a new album. Maybe they could just rerecord (and by that I mean writing their own parts and changing the original arrangement) a song or two and release it on iTunes untill a proper new album isn't ready. Sure this is not something the band *needs* to do right now, and I wouldn't hold my breath on this, but it's still an unlikely possibility.

There's definitely a big divide between 'need' and 'want' in the recording of new material. Do they 'need' to? Absolutely not. Only people like us care about new GNR material- a lot of people that have bought tickets for this tour want the old material, played exactly as it is on record. They'll take some shitty selfies with their back to the stage, maybe buy a shirt, forget about it and move on to whatever show they feel they 'should' go to next. Thinking of them, they don't 'need' new material. I'm not sure there are actually enough of us that want new material to generate any sort of 'need' to produce new stuff, sad as that sounds.

On the 'want' side of course, is what the band themselves feel they want to do in order to satisfy themselves. We've got no insight at all into this. We've no idea if they 'want' to produce new stuff to feel creative, or whether they are just happy with touring this stuff before they return to their respective other interests. Only time will tell on this front.

So essentially we're looking at new material from two different mindsets ('need' and 'want'), with 'want' being the only category in which we'll see new stuff, and that depends on so many things and views that are way, way out of our sphere of knowledge at present.

As ever with this band- we're left speculating! We KNOW about Patience, as that t-shirt once said!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #5897 on: January 14, 2017, 10:23:38 AM »

@allwaystired: yes, that's right. the casuals don't even know the ChiDem songs the current incarnation plays live, and they would probably bitch if some new stuff replaced some of the "classics". as sad as it is Cry

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5898 on: January 14, 2017, 10:39:45 AM »

How have the CD songs been going down on the tour so far with the audiences?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5899 on: January 14, 2017, 10:41:05 AM »

@allwaystired: yes, that's right. the casuals don't even know the ChiDem songs the current incarnation plays live, and they would probably bitch if some new stuff replaced some of the "classics". as sad as it is Cry

That's always the case though.

For example. Does anyone think November Rain was instantly loved by everyone when they started playing it in 1991?
And now it's a staple in the set.....

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: