Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 06:36:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228135 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 493 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1598287 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5860 on: December 21, 2016, 10:42:30 AM »

For me Leeds 2002 was the best show as an experience having Amen, Puddle of Mudd, NoFX and Incubus (who were shit)  Slipknot, Offspring and the Prodigy warm the crowd up, coupled with the rumours of a no show being on the cards, followed by a killer show that has rants and advice to to promoter to not cut short the show meant the day was truly an edgy one... ok
The best thing to me in the bootleg was Patience. Not because of the infamous "He's in my ass, that's where Slash is, fuckhead" line, but because Axl sings the last chorus a bit different and I thought that was amazing:

https://youtu.be/nK9BkCHdoYQ?t=3m2s

Which also reminded me of Madagascar in Budapest 2006, with that great great ending:

https://youtu.be/1e9j_xbs-qw?t=4m23s

'Shackler's Revenge' is far catchier and melodic than 'Silkworms'.

But they are also both answers to "give me a GNR song that doens't sound like Guns N' Roses", so I'm sure most people don't take it any further than that.

....and Shacklers is a fucking BLAST to play on Rock Band. Wink
My favorite song to play is Better. Even tho I just can't play it on Expert, even the hard level is difficult enough to me to make it fun to play. And yes, I still play Rock Band every now and then. Smiley

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5861 on: December 21, 2016, 10:54:17 AM »

I thought 2001-02 was a very cool time to be a fan.  You seemed to have all these possibilities and it was exciting. 

I still say that first time I heard the new songs at RIR III (especially 'Madagascar') was one of the coolest moments in all my years of GNR fandom

Got less exciting as time wore on and you saw there wasn't even a hint of a plan forward, and seemed to be very little excitement or drive on Axl's part to get the show on the road.

I think that feeling returned in 2006, before those same drawbacks ensued.  But we got some great concerts that year.

But then, by the time it finally came out in 2008, the reaction was more, "oh yeah...that thing."  The thrill was gone.
I got spoiled in RIR3 because I already listened to the bootlegs of Chinese, The Blues and Silkworms. I was most excited to listen to Riad, but of course the song was never played in Rio. I liked Madagascar, but I felt a bit disapointed because my favorite new song wasn't played.

That night was really special. But so was the night of the first Hammerstein gig. I wasn't even there, but the excitement was real. Remember, Axl had just reappeared in that Korn party talking about Blues, TWAT and Better. And then we heard stuff. And then he gave that long interview/chat with Bach... We didn't even know who was Buckethead's replacement. That was one of the most fun night for me as a fan.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #5862 on: December 21, 2016, 11:39:25 AM »

My favorite song to play is Better. Even tho I just can't play it on Expert, even the hard level is difficult enough to me to make it fun to play. And yes, I still play Rock Band every now and then. Smiley

Mine, too, actually.  But IRS and Shacklers are up there as well! Agree on Expert on those songs (though I can usually rip out expert bass).

We have rock band 4, for Xbox one (since all the old songs imported and carried over). We still play once a week, and have folks over to play every month or so.  It's such a blast to play!!  Sad that you can't actually BUY the GnR material anymore, though. If you own it, you can import it into the new games, but if you're a new player...you're SOL.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5863 on: December 21, 2016, 11:50:02 AM »

Mine, too, actually.  But IRS and Shacklers are up there as well! Agree on Expert on those songs (though I can usually rip out expert bass).

We have rock band 4, for Xbox one (since all the old songs imported and carried over). We still play once a week, and have folks over to play every month or so.  It's such a blast to play!!  Sad that you can't actually BUY the GnR material anymore, though. If you own it, you can import it into the new games, but if you're a new player...you're SOL.
Didn't buy Rock Band 4 on PS4 yet, but I plan to because they just announced a decent Aerosmith pack. I still have to hook up the old PS3 on my TV to play Rock Band 2/3.

I can play some Chinese songs on Expert, like Street of Dreams, This I Love and Chinese, but I can't beat it 100%. I love IRS, Riad and Catcher too. All fun to play.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5864 on: December 21, 2016, 12:21:48 PM »

Didn't buy Rock Band 4 on PS4 yet, but I plan to because they just announced a decent Aerosmith pack. I still have to hook up the old PS3 on my TV to play Rock Band 2/3.

I can play some Chinese songs on Expert, like Street of Dreams, This I Love and Chinese, but I can't beat it 100%. I love IRS, Riad and Catcher too. All fun to play.

I really didn't know anyone still played these.  Seemed like such a gimmick

Well I bought the rock bands and the guitar hero games.  And while they where fun to play a few evenings with the family, especially over drinks, the novelty sure wore thin quick.  Not to mention how people would keep there guitar and drum sets out like pieces of art, plastic art, taking up space.   
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5865 on: December 21, 2016, 12:30:06 PM »

I thought 2001-02 was a very cool time to be a fan.  You seemed to have all these possibilities and it was exciting. 

I still say that first time I heard the new songs at RIR III (especially 'Madagascar') was one of the coolest moments in all my years of GNR fandom

Got less exciting as time wore on and you saw there wasn't even a hint of a plan forward, and seemed to be very little excitement or drive on Axl's part to get the show on the road.

I think that feeling returned in 2006, before those same drawbacks ensued.  But we got some great concerts that year.

But then, by the time it finally came out in 2008, the reaction was more, "oh yeah...that thing."  The thrill was gone.
I got spoiled in RIR3 because I already listened to the bootlegs of Chinese, The Blues and Silkworms. I was most excited to listen to Riad, but of course the song was never played in Rio. I liked Madagascar, but I felt a bit disapointed because my favorite new song wasn't played.

That night was really special. But so was the night of the first Hammerstein gig. I wasn't even there, but the excitement was real. Remember, Axl had just reappeared in that Korn party talking about Blues, TWAT and Better. And then we heard stuff. And then he gave that long interview/chat with Bach... We didn't even know who was Buckethead's replacement. That was one of the most fun night for me as a fan.

I personally stayed away from all leaks.  So RIR was my first exposure to the new band, to new music.  It still has a very warm place in my heart.   

I loved seeing "My" band again live.  I couldn't of cared less about Axl, being the only remaining member of it.   I loved the new music.  Loved the vibe of the band

I loved reading of stories of there New Years gig that year that started at 3am.

I loved seeing them the next year at the Hard Rock and hearing stories about how Slash had intentions of seeing the show, but was asked not to.   Probably because I was at the show

For the next few years this was a very cool band.   Axl used to talk to crowds.  Axls rants where around still..   There was a very cool vibe and energy to the shows.

Then it slowly died down......   

Once Robin left the band I think a lot of myself left as well...   Some great shows in 2010, that kept me around though.    But it has been the same old stuff since
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5866 on: December 21, 2016, 12:52:40 PM »

I really didn't know anyone still played these.  Seemed like such a gimmick

Well I bought the rock bands and the guitar hero games.  And while they where fun to play a few evenings with the family, especially over drinks, the novelty sure wore thin quick.  Not to mention how people would keep there guitar and drum sets out like pieces of art, plastic art, taking up space.   
I certainly don't play as much as I did back then, but I like it. Maybe because I play guitar too, don't know. Also because it's the only game I can play with my wife.

I personally stayed away from all leaks.  So RIR was my first exposure to the new band, to new music.  It still has a very warm place in my heart.   

I loved seeing "My" band again live.  I couldn't of cared less about Axl, being the only remaining member of it.   I loved the new music.  Loved the vibe of the band

I loved reading of stories of there New Years gig that year that started at 3am.

I loved seeing them the next year at the Hard Rock and hearing stories about how Slash had intentions of seeing the show, but was asked not to.   Probably because I was at the show

For the next few years this was a very cool band.   Axl used to talk to crowds.  Axls rants where around still..   There was a very cool vibe and energy to the shows.

Then it slowly died down......   

Once Robin left the band I think a lot of myself left as well...   Some great shows in 2010, that kept me around though.    But it has been the same old stuff since
I too felt let down when Robin left the band. Tried to keep interested, but after 2010 it really threw me away a bit.

About leaks.. In the Vegas case it was really just a bootleg. My curiosity was sky high, I just wasn't able to avoid download it on my dial-up Internet in that early 2001. And still today I much prefer the Vegas bootleg than the RIR because the live soundmix in the later was awful. It almost sounds like the guitars are not sounding through an amp, but straight to the soundboard. That was the only recording where I didnt like Robin's tone.

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #5867 on: December 21, 2016, 01:02:41 PM »

nah, it wasn't about Robin's departure. remember - he already departed in 1999 and got back in time for HOB 01-01-01 show.
and DJ Ashba did a very good job replicating his parts live, no bad feelings against the guy at all!

but... it's true that despite the excitement during 2009 and early 2010 tour, things were steadily getting somewhat... hard to describe that feeling.
and the same went with any information about new releases - literally 5 years of seceding into nothingness.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5868 on: December 21, 2016, 01:09:16 PM »

nah, it wasn't about Robin's departure. remember - he already departed in 1999 and got back in time for HOB 01-01-01 show.
and DJ Ashba did a very good job replicating his parts live, no bad feelings against the guy at all!
Can't disagree more with you about Ashba, but my point was in a personal level. I didn't felt Robin's departure in 1999 that much because the only thing I heard from him with the band back then was that Big Daddy's SCOM (but don't get me wrong, I still loved it).

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5869 on: December 21, 2016, 01:18:54 PM »

Can't disagree more with you about Ashba, but my point was in a personal level. I didn't felt Robin's departure in 1999 that much because the only thing I heard from him with the band back then was that Big Daddy's SCOM (but don't get me wrong, I still loved it).

Yep

I was explaining how I felt.   How could that be wrong?   Its a feeling, just like an opinion...

DJ did just fine in his role.  It was what it was... 

But like I said

Once Robin left a piece of me left as well..   If it was a curve, it really started to drop after that.....
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5870 on: December 21, 2016, 03:39:16 PM »

but... it's true that despite the excitement during 2009 and early 2010 tour, things were steadily getting somewhat... hard to describe that feeling.
and the same went with any information about new releases - literally 5 years of seceding into nothingness.

The whole saga was so mismamged and just a total clusterfuck operation.  But even the most jaded guy could always cling to the thought that once it did come out, we'd finally see a competent operation.

Then the album finally comes out, and...nothing.  Even then, you could still talk yourself into things kicking into gear once the tour started.

Then the tour starts, and...nothing.  The 4 shows in 2009 were awesome, and most of the ones in 2010 were very solid.

But the band had become a niche product.  It was hard to get excited about much of it from 2011 on.  At that point, even the shows were so-so, at best.

That's why 2016 was such a breath of fresh air.  There was excitment again.  They were a big time operation again.  Someone other than the same few hundred of us cared.

Very welcome development.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5871 on: December 22, 2016, 11:29:11 PM »

I am off a few nights for the holidays.  Tonight watching some 2016 videos.   Of coarse skipping the usual garbage.   

What I am noticIng big time

I miss two lead guitar players

Perhaps not on an album

But live.  It is missed

Richard.....   I don't even know what he does.    Slash needs a buckhead
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #5872 on: December 23, 2016, 12:01:12 AM »

And the bile continues.... no
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #5873 on: December 23, 2016, 05:18:09 AM »

I am off a few nights for the holidays.  Tonight watching some 2016 videos.   Of coarse skipping the usual garbage.   

Perhaps not on an album

But live.  It is missed

Your record keeps skipping mate. Everyday the same messages from you. You're annoying most of us with your whining about the covers, the lack of new music and now you start about missing 'buckhead' (whoever that is  hihi). And not getting what Richard does. Why are you even here? You obviously don't like this band. It's gotten to a point where I just wish you leave cause all you do is piss on everyone's parade at this moment.

Buckethead's been out for over 12 years now, get over it. There's never been a plethora of new music with this band, get over it. They have always played a lot of covers, get over it. Richard and Slash have a chemistry that's obviously liked by a lot of people, get over it. They just had one of the most successful tours of their career to rave reviews and millions of visitors and you want 'Buckhead'? They will never do what you want, get over it. Get over it.

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5874 on: December 23, 2016, 05:54:57 AM »

Some have Festivus every day! Cheesy

The "Airing of Grievances"....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #5875 on: December 23, 2016, 06:31:00 AM »

I hope this tour is not known as the tour to earn only money, we heard rumors about new songs, but the fact that the band is on tour these rumors are gone. A band that has released an unpublished album in 25 years is regrettable. I got used to not listening to new songs from the band, and I do not think Axl has the balls to release new songs. In the past he said he was prevented from releasing new songs because of the old members and now what's the excuse? Maybe A lack of time?
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5876 on: December 23, 2016, 10:18:04 AM »

Perhaps not on an album

But live.  It is missed

Your record keeps skipping mate. Everyday the same messages from you. You're annoying most of us with your whining about the covers, the lack of new music and now you start about missing 'buckhead' (whoever that is  hihi). And not getting what Richard does. Why are you even here? You obviously don't like this band. It's gotten to a point where I just wish you leave cause all you do is piss on everyone's parade at this moment.

Buckethead's been out for over 12 years now, get over it. There's never been a plethora of new music with this band, get over it. They have always played a lot of covers, get over it. Richard and Slash have a chemistry that's obviously liked by a lot of people, get over it. They just had one of the most successful tours of their career to rave reviews and millions of visitors and you want 'Buckhead'? They will never do what you want, get over it. Get over it.

That's right

My record has actually never skipped over to talking about Richard. Or talking about how I missed 2 lead guitar players playing live in some ways

I just watched two concerts over again from this last tour and I am asking what does Richard really do?    I never noticed him   Only on rocket queen is he front and. centre      Perhaps that is a design to give the three big players the spot light.  Then I do get it   But when he is in the background I find him very well. Unnoticeable

Yeah I found it cool there used to be two lead guitar players.    I def do not think it would not work with slash around and wouldn't change having him around as well.  Just something I missed at times when watching them live

And I haven't talked about the overwhelming number of covers in a while   I have cooled it in the fact the band needs more original music

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #5877 on: December 23, 2016, 02:42:18 PM »

the fact is, rhytm guitar player is always, and by always I mean ALWAYS underrated. I think Richard is doing his best, the chemistry with Slash and Duff and rhytm section is really good. the only problem is, that he's asked to play BH/BBF's parts during ChiDem songs, which is way too much for him. he's just not that kind of a beast.

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #5878 on: December 23, 2016, 03:22:17 PM »

Perhaps not on an album

But live.  It is missed

That's right

My record has actually never skipped over to talking about Richard. Or talking about how I missed 2 lead guitar players playing live in some ways

I just watched two concerts over again from this last tour and I am asking what does Richard really do?    I never noticed him   Only on rocket queen is he front and. centre      Perhaps that is a design to give the three big players the spot light.  Then I do get it   But when he is in the background I find him very well. Unnoticeable

Yeah I found it cool there used to be two lead guitar players.    I def do not think it would not work with slash around and wouldn't change having him around as well.  Just something I missed at times when watching them live

And I haven't talked about the overwhelming number of covers in a while   I have cooled it in the fact the band needs more original music

Do you know what rhythm guitar is? You may not -notice- it because you're one of those guys who thinks the lead guitarist does everything, but Richard has an important role and does it well.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5879 on: December 23, 2016, 04:16:07 PM »

Perhaps not on an album

But live.  It is missed

That's right

Do you know what rhythm guitar is? You may not -notice- it because you're one of those guys who thinks the lead guitarist does everything, but Richard has an important role and does it well.

I was talking about noticing him on stage. 
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 493 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: