Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:26:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1678464 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5680 on: December 09, 2016, 05:50:07 PM »

In order for your poll to have any validity, you'd first have to assume most people at that said show were there the night before.

What about the majority who didn't see the show before? Cheesy

/jarmo

So I was thinking more of this poll of yours....    haha or I should say vote haha

So with a show this size everyone keeps says that the band has the appeal to the vast magority of public that wants to hear these cover song hits

Then why does the band play CD ERA SONGS STILL?  Does the magority of fans out there want to hear these songs?

I do.  I really like a couple of them.   But I would say the vast magority of these fans don't     

And I don't want to hear it's a concert    Geared towards all types of fans.   Cause that's a easy excuse    May be true but it's just easy

No hard core fan wants to hear cover songs in place of original music

And no soft core fan wants to hear non released covers or songs from the cd era

I say appease both by playin more original music.  Drop all covers
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #5681 on: December 09, 2016, 07:17:16 PM »

VVG painted around 2100 paintings in his short career and only sold one. He didn't have any fans during his life, I wouldn't compare him to Axl Rose really, at least not when it comes to production. We could find similarities in other ways though but let's not go there.
Well, actually we all heard about the three or even more records worth of unreleased recordings, didn't we? Tongue
Of course, but we are interrested in Axl's art. Very few were interrested in Van Goghs. Let's not compare them. peace
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #5682 on: December 09, 2016, 07:30:06 PM »

Of course, but we are interrested in Axl's art. Very few were interrested in Van Goghs. Let's not compare them. peace

Not too interested in that but This I Love VVG has been mentioned. Simply because he died as a poor and failed artist, not many or at least all people know that. Many people think he was some great painter.

Do we have to wait for hundred years for the vault to open. I don't have any kids but maybe friend's kids will hear what was there. Or some grandchildren.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5683 on: December 09, 2016, 07:49:46 PM »

Then why does the band play CD ERA SONGS STILL?  Does the magority of fans out there want to hear these songs?

Because the band wants to. Which is exactly why they play all those covers you whine about month after month. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5684 on: December 09, 2016, 07:51:55 PM »

Not too interested in that but This I Love VVG has been mentioned. Simply because he died as a poor and failed artist, not many or at least all people know that. Many people think he was some great painter.

Do we have to wait for hundred years for the vault to open. I don't have any kids but maybe friend's kids will hear what was there. Or some grandchildren.

So would this be like vvg.   Travelling around the world. Showing off a piece of art he made 30 +  years previous and making millions of dollars off showing it off?  

Sounds like a fair comparison.  

Vincent this piece is great and we have seen it a thousand times!  I will still pay to see it out is there anyway I can see some of these other pieces you said you made over 10 years ago???
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5685 on: December 09, 2016, 07:56:40 PM »

Because the band wants to. Which is exactly why they play all those covers you whine about month after month. Smiley

/jarmo

Lol I asked that you don't respond with that answer haha   

I would of said.

How can you complain about a concert that is one year from now.  Who knows what the set list is going to be

From this time till next summer. I am hoping for a new song

I am hoping that he band realizes that western Canada is very close to north western USA  and a possible set list change may be in order

Play kohd and lald.  I give in.   They are my bathroom breaks   However why not change up the arrangement on them   Try something new

We have a full album of cd era songs to draw from    How about play some more please.   There is some really good stuff on there that I think if played live to these mass crowds may catch on     
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #5686 on: December 09, 2016, 08:00:30 PM »

Many thousands flock
For a glimpse of Da Vinci's
Old Mona Lisa.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #5687 on: December 09, 2016, 08:24:32 PM »

Many thousands flock
For a glimpse of Da Vinci's
Old Mona Lisa.

Just another note that many people might not realise. Mona Lisa is a very very small painting. When you get there you think like wow... Is this really what am I here for?

Hopefully the vault doesn't give us the same feeling ok
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #5688 on: December 10, 2016, 06:00:41 AM »

/jarmo

Lol I asked that you don't respond with that answer haha   

I would of said.

How can you complain about a concert that is one year from now.  Who knows what the set list is going to be

From this time till next summer. I am hoping for a new song

I am hoping that he band realizes that western Canada is very close to north western USA  and a possible set list change may be in order

Play kohd and lald.  I give in.   They are my bathroom breaks   However why not change up the arrangement on them   Try something new

We have a full album of cd era songs to draw from    How about play some more please.   There is some really good stuff on there that I think if played live to these mass crowds may catch on     

LALD lasts about 3 minutes and rocks like hell.....KOHD is a good break though.  hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #5689 on: December 10, 2016, 06:18:31 AM »

From my observation from US leg of 2016 tour, the audience was really into KOHD and really had fun with it. Imagine 50,000+ singing along and fists pumping.  So for me the song is fine.  And it sets up Nightrain which is of course one of their best rockers.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5690 on: December 10, 2016, 09:02:01 AM »

Aaaaaand we're back again to the setlist discussion in this thread.

Play kohd and lald.  I give in.   They are my bathroom breaks   However why not change up the arrangement on them   Try something new
Didn't they just change up the arrangement on KOHD again this year? I mean, it's now much more like the original UYI recording, even though Axl still sings like the slowed-down version from the 2000s. In fact, this song changed a bit since 2001 (when it was slow, had just one amazing Buckethead solo and no sing-along). Then in 2006 it was still slow, but Axl started to do the sing-along again. In 2010 was kinda an hybrid, with Ashba bringing back Slash's original solo and Richard playing the intro different from Robin (with a more Hendrix style). And there were much more solos.

From my observation from US leg of 2016 tour, the audience was really into KOHD and really had fun with it. Imagine 50,000+ singing along and fists pumping.  So for me the song is fine.  And it sets up Nightrain which is of course one of their best rockers.
Yeah, it actually got people way more into it than Coma here in S?o Paulo. I'm fine with it, I don't watch videos or listen to bootlegs of this song anyways. Of course I would rather have any other song like Locomotive, Don't Damn Me or even something people never demand, like Reckless Life. But well, I don't have to love and approve every single song in the set.

Oliver
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5691 on: December 12, 2016, 09:26:46 AM »

I wish they release a cover album just to piss off Baconman.  Grin
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5692 on: December 12, 2016, 11:39:31 AM »

To pacify Axl.

We can tap dance around it all we like, but is that wrong?  If it is, then your have to argue (and defend) the position that Slash and Duff were only coming back if they could be guranteed they could play 'Better' and 'This I Love' every night.

Does that seem likely?

Or is it more likely that Axl insisted they be included, Slash and Duff looked at each other, shrugged, and said, "sure, why not?"

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5693 on: December 12, 2016, 11:42:08 AM »

Anyone thinking that LALD and KOHD are not going to appear in every setlist until God calls us all is totally out to lunch.

You want to say there is no need for 'The Seeker', OK, that's a legit argument.  But I'd come right back over the top with the fact Axl has been playing it for years.  And it has been played at literally evey show on this tour.

So sentiment like, "Man, I wish they'd drop 'The Seeker'" is not terribly based in reality, now is it?.  Doesn't mean you have to like it, but it's long past time to accept it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5694 on: December 12, 2016, 12:03:45 PM »

I wish they release a cover album just to piss off Baconman.  Grin

I really hope they don't, please no

The band has released 79 songs total

18 of those songs have been cover songs.

That's 23% of the bands music!  23% of the bands music is unoriginal music, written by other people.  That's crazy!

I want original music written by current and past members of this band.  Played live and released!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5695 on: December 12, 2016, 12:07:06 PM »

Anyone thinking that LALD and KOHD are not going to appear in every setlist until God calls us all is totally out to lunch.

You want to say there is no need for 'The Seeker', OK, that's a legit argument.  But I'd come right back over the top with the fact Axl has been playing it for years.  And it has been played at literally evey show on this tour.

So sentiment like, "Man, I wish they'd drop 'The Seeker'" is not terribly based in reality, now is it?.  Doesn't mean you have to like it, but it's long past time to accept it.

Who ever said these songs are not going to be played at every show?

They have been played at every single show the band has ever played, pretty much.....

The is discussion was about if they should be played and why cant they give original music a chance to be played live and see how a crowd reacts to it.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5696 on: December 12, 2016, 12:21:29 PM »

I sometimes wonder what this band have to do for some fans to be happy.

Even this year's new developments don't seem enough to satisfy people. Axl, Slash and Duff playing together again, a professional, slick World Tour, where so so far everything has gone well, and reviews have been good- but that isn't enough? It honestly beats me what more people expect.

Most major touring bands play the same set every night, the ones that don't are very much in the minority- and usually only manage it because the band hasn't changed in musicians ever/in a long time so are very comfortable. That isn't going to happen with a tour like this- and they are switching bits and pieces around a bit anyway- as much as they presumably can with such a big production.

I do sometimes wonder why people keep coming back to a band that they feel aren't providing what they personally feel they need from a band.

Most major bands do not play 7 cover songs a night.

If they come back to a market 1 year after being very close already, try and change things up.   

What kinda fan would want to hear more original music from the band!!  That's crazy talk!

What kinda fan would want to see a different show after a years time between shows.   A bad fan I guess?

What kinda fan would complain about this?!  Why don't you praise the shows for being great and be happy for what we have!!!!   
\

Simple solution- don't go and see the live shows. Job done.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5697 on: December 12, 2016, 08:48:28 PM »

That's 23% of the bands music!  23% of the bands music is unoriginal music, written by other people.  That's crazy!

But don't you think they do a great job on them?  I totally do.

From the early gritty stuff like 'Jumpin' Jack Flash' right through the more polished 'Since I Don't Have You'.

I think they crush cover songs.  Not every band does.

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5698 on: December 12, 2016, 09:47:35 PM »

From the early gritty stuff like 'Jumpin' Jack Flash' right through the more polished 'Since I Don't Have You'.

Even sailing was awesome

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5699 on: December 12, 2016, 09:54:29 PM »

What?

No I think they sound like any other band playing any other bands music.   It's a easy cop out for not releasing your own original music.   Young bands play covers when they don o have there own original music to grab from.    This band has two finished albums worth of music in its vault.  Plus a ton of released original songs they never play live.   

Also jumping jack flash wa never released on a album.   So it's just another song to the list.  Get that total up of covers
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: