Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:11:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1678588 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5640 on: December 07, 2016, 04:42:56 PM »

It is very easy for western Canadians to travel to the western united states.  Cheap and quick.

Seattle is a 1 hr flight from my home town, 15 mins from Vancouver.    Vegas is a couple out flight from here..  Yada Yada.

I am saying is fans of this band that are here have seen this show.  I know of many  

Hell they where advertising the vegas shows here on local radio!!

So I don't want to complain to much.  I will be supporting the band when they come to Edmonton.    I am just hoping for a change in the act.

Thinking like that would make most tour last for a few weeks.....
The reality of the situation is that there's a bunch of fans who couldn't travel, and will now get a chance to see the band.

Also, for those fans, they'll love the show. They probably didn't see it before and/or didn't study any setlists online to complain about the lack of changes...

/jarmo

Yes anyone who hasn't seen the show and is going once.  Will love it.  It was a great show.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5641 on: December 07, 2016, 04:51:09 PM »

What do they have to compare it too?  To actually see if this set list is the one that pleases the crowd more than another one???

The always play these songs!!!!   Its not like they went two shows without playing KOHD and Axl says to Slash, damn there was a ton of up roar with us not playing that cover, we really need to get it back it the set.

Single sales numbers, iTunes sales, Spotify streams, radio play. There are a lot of ways to measure a songs popularity.

I just went on Spotify now to check, KOHD is their #5 most popular song with 73 million streams. LALD is their #10 most popular song with 24 million streams.

I am talking about the experience at being at a live concert.   How can you possibly say a crowd would like A over B, when all they serve is A.   And then say when someone questions why they never get served B, well everyone likes A we serve it every night, just look at the sales!!!......

I'm not saying that. I'm just saying that even if these are cover songs, they are still in the top 10 of GN'R songs popularity wise. I just gave a reasoning for them to play these cover songs in their concerts.

There are probably other songs in the set, written by themselves, they'll switch out before considering switching out these cover songs. Personally, I may not agree with their choice, but it's such a little factor to me as long as the set as a whole is enjoyable.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GNR1977
Opening Act

« Reply #5642 on: December 07, 2016, 04:54:35 PM »

I'm quite surprised they haven't bunged out a new 'hits' compilation really. Especially as they're all on record saying how much they hated the last one- even urging us not to buy it as I recall.

They all hated it as they thought it would cut into sales of there back catalogue and I get that

The thing is.  The album become one of the bands biggest sellers!    It sold and still does sell huge

Another option would have a new greatest hits.    With one or two new songs on it.   No cover songs.   I do not need another themed album of gun n rose singing someone else's songs

Uhm I think greatest hits went out of print some time ago. I was hoping for a new release of a greatest hits with 2 new tracks too but since they will tour well into september I guess we will have to wait until end of 2017 earliest.

Out of print? It definitely isn't! Why would it be- it still sells.

Didn't they edit some songs on it- cut out swearing and stuff? I've never bothered buying it- the packaging was crap, and I have every song on it of course, so it would be liking flinging money out of the window!

Damn skippy it is out of print.

http://gnrtruth.proboards.com/thread/5427/greatest-hits-out-print

05-06-1993 Nijmegen
24-06-2006 Dessel
03-10-2010 Arnhem
04-06-2012 Rotterdam
23-04-2016 Indio, ca
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5643 on: December 07, 2016, 05:34:39 PM »

I Will Always Love You is not first and foremost known as a cover song, but a Whitney Houston hit song.

Nice to see a broad range of music in your library, Spirit.   ok   I bet that one gets a lot of play alone in the car!   peace 

Haha! I certainly wouldn't put it on the stereo with other people in the room.

Honestly it was just the first good example I could think of.  "Hurt" with Johnny Cash is also a good one, 99% of people think that's a Cash song.
And All Along The Watchtower, a Hendrix song made by Dylan. Wink

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5644 on: December 07, 2016, 06:30:14 PM »

I'm quite surprised they haven't bunged out a new 'hits' compilation really. Especially as they're all on record saying how much they hated the last one- even urging us not to buy it as I recall.

They all hated it as they thought it would cut into sales of there back catalogue and I get that

The thing is.  The album become one of the bands biggest sellers!    It sold and still does sell huge

Another option would have a new greatest hits.    With one or two new songs on it.   No cover songs.   I do not need another themed album of gun n rose singing someone else's songs

Uhm I think greatest hits went out of print some time ago. I was hoping for a new release of a greatest hits with 2 new tracks too but since they will tour well into september I guess we will have to wait until end of 2017 earliest.

Out of print? It definitely isn't! Why would it be- it still sells.

Didn't they edit some songs on it- cut out swearing and stuff? I've never bothered buying it- the packaging was crap, and I have every song on it of course, so it would be liking flinging money out of the window!

Damn skippy it is out of print.

http://gnrtruth.proboards.com/thread/5427/greatest-hits-out-print

It isn't though. If you look at that thread, all the op is basing it on is that it was 'temporarily unavailable' - I.e. Sold out. It's available everywhere, from amazon to supermarkets. It even recharted in the uk recently. It most definitely is not out of print, as a quick look at the order lists for the record label also shows. It's still a very big seller.

Currently number one in amazons 'hard rock' chart.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Guns-N-Roses-Greatest-Hits/dp/B0001KAA8Q/ref=sr_1_1_twi_aud_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1481153354&sr=1-1&keywords=guns+n+roses+greatest+hits.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 06:34:47 PM by allwaystired » Logged

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #5645 on: December 07, 2016, 08:57:18 PM »

What do they have to compare it too?  To actually see if this set list is the one that pleases the crowd more than another one???

The always play these songs!!!!   Its not like they went two shows without playing KOHD and Axl says to Slash, damn there was a ton of up roar with us not playing that cover, we really need to get it back it the set.

Single sales numbers, iTunes sales, Spotify streams, radio play. There are a lot of ways to measure a songs popularity.

I just went on Spotify now to check, KOHD is their #5 most popular song with 73 million streams. LALD is their #10 most popular song with 24 million streams.

I am talking about the experience at being at a live concert.   How can you possibly say a crowd would like A over B, when all they serve is A.   And then say when someone questions why they never get served B, well everyone likes A we serve it every night, just look at the sales!!!......

What you have to understand, while you might want an ever revolving set lists of Baconman's favorite B-Sides... They can/will/are playing the songs they enjoy playing. KOHD has been played at probably every show (with maybe less than 10 exceptions) since 1987. The song obviously means something to them, I don't mean this is mean spirited way towards Axl but I'm sure he has zero fucks to give about whether or not anyone in the crowd wants to hear it.

To quote him from Tokyo 1992:"This is a rather old song, a song that we like to play no mater whether anyone likes it or not. I like to introduce a 976 horns with antalica and CC. We are a equal opportunity employer. And this is live not Memorex and then you can buy it on TDK. 'Cause we also are filming this show tonight, for sale in Tokyo and all of you are on it. This is from 'Live Like A Suicide this is called move to the city"
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5646 on: December 07, 2016, 11:39:26 PM »

What you have to understand, while you might want an ever revolving set lists of Baconman's favorite B-Sides... They can/will/are playing the songs they enjoy playing. KOHD has been played at probably every show (with maybe less than 10 exceptions) since 1987. The song obviously means something to them, I don't mean this is mean spirited way towards Axl but I'm sure he has zero fucks to give about whether or not anyone in the crowd wants to hear it.

To quote him from Tokyo 1992:"This is a rather old song, a song that we like to play no mater whether anyone likes it or not. I like to introduce a 976 horns with antalica and CC. We are a equal opportunity employer. And this is live not Memorex and then you can buy it on TDK. 'Cause we also are filming this show tonight, for sale in Tokyo and all of you are on it. This is from 'Live Like A Suicide this is called move to the city"

I don't understand?  You are quoting the band playing a greasy song they haven't played live in 20 years
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #5647 on: December 07, 2016, 11:57:42 PM »

I don't understand?  You are quoting the band playing a greasy song they haven't played live in 20 years

You wouldn't understand... only you (and maybe a few others) would instantly jump to the song the quote from 24 years ago references as opposed to looking at the quote it self... which basically says Axl doesn't give a fuck what you want to hear. He is doing this because he enjoys it, he is playing the songs he wants to play for one reason or another. Your constant pissing and moaning about cover songs is falling on deaf ears.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5648 on: December 08, 2016, 12:07:18 AM »

You wouldn't understand... only you (and maybe a few others) would instantly jump to the song the quote from 24 years ago references as opposed to looking at the quote it self... which basically says Axl doesn't give a fuck what you want to hear. He is doing this because he enjoys it, he is playing the songs he wants to play for one reason or another. Your constant pissing and moaning about cover songs is falling on deaf ears.
Again I do not know what u are saying

U quoted something about a song they haven't played in decades

Then are saying you are happy the lead singer doesn't care about what the fans have to say as he will sing what ever he wants Huh

Really?

I think the years of this band being the most dangerous band in the world are over.   When was the last good talk or rant Axl rant on?

Seems he poays songs he is comfortable with.    Perhaps the worlds most comfortable band!
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #5649 on: December 08, 2016, 12:19:40 AM »

Again I do not know what u are saying

U quoted something about a song they haven't played in decades

Then are saying you are happy the lead singer doesn't care about what the fans have to say as he will sing what ever he wants Huh

Really?

I think the years of this band being the most dangerous band in the world are over.   When was the last good talk or rant Axl rant on?

Seems he poays songs he is comfortable with.    Perhaps the worlds most comfortable band!

Ignore the song, and pay attention to what he said. His view on this doesn't appear to have changed much since 1992 when he made the statement I quoted.

He wanted to play Move to the City in 1992 because he liked it, and didn't care if you liked it. He's has performed KOHD at nearly every GnR show since 1987 because he/they like it, it means something to them and their past... he isn't asking your permission to play it or taking requests on the nightrain forum. Same can be said for The Seeker or The Godfather with Slash. So really not much has changed since the 90's (The Most Dangerous Band in the World Era) in that respect. Maybe if Warren Beaty starts acting up again we'll get a good on stage rant.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 12:21:54 AM by C0ma » Logged
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5650 on: December 08, 2016, 12:41:06 AM »

I would love to hear Axl go on a rant about how they play kohd lald every night    Plus the other 3  covers usually   I would love to hear how they explain that's better than just  hearing original  music

You know they don't  play patience every night.  But play the seeker every night ?!

So you will play a cover every night but not your own songs.     Not right
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #5651 on: December 08, 2016, 03:53:01 AM »

I would love to hear Axl go on a rant about how they play kohd lald every night    Plus the other 3  covers usually   I would love to hear how they explain that's better than just  hearing original  music

You know they don't  play patience every night.  But play the seeker every night ?!

So you will play a cover every night but not your own songs.     Not right
Are YOU there every night? Thought not - do one will ya...
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #5652 on: December 08, 2016, 05:43:01 AM »

Are YOU there every night? Thought not - do one will ya...

I have never understood that is someone there every night. I have tickets for multiple shows now and am not looking forward to hear Seeker every night but I know that will happen.

It doesn't matter as such but if I manage to miss Patience I'll be extremely disappointed. And it's just mind-boggling crazy weird and plain wrong that it could actually happen to me.

Surely I'm allowed to be disappointed even if I don't go to all the shows. I go to as many as I possibly can.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5653 on: December 08, 2016, 08:53:00 AM »

So you buy tickets to several shows even if you know the setlist will be almost the same but you still want to complain about it?

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5654 on: December 08, 2016, 09:11:42 AM »

So you buy tickets to several shows even if you know the setlist will be almost the same but you still want to complain about it?

Yeah that doesn't make much sense

Its like watching a movie over and over again and then complaining about it because you know the ending.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5655 on: December 08, 2016, 09:20:57 AM »

I sometimes wonder what this band have to do for some fans to be happy.

Even this year's new developments don't seem enough to satisfy people. Axl, Slash and Duff playing together again, a professional, slick World Tour, where so so far everything has gone well, and reviews have been good- but that isn't enough? It honestly beats me what more people expect.

Most major touring bands play the same set every night, the ones that don't are very much in the minority- and usually only manage it because the band hasn't changed in musicians ever/in a long time so are very comfortable. That isn't going to happen with a tour like this- and they are switching bits and pieces around a bit anyway- as much as they presumably can with such a big production.

I do sometimes wonder why people keep coming back to a band that they feel aren't providing what they personally feel they need from a band.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5656 on: December 08, 2016, 10:44:08 AM »

I would love to hear Axl go on a rant about how they play kohd lald every night   

I think this still applies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUhSa1_Cmu0

Pay attention to what he says.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5657 on: December 08, 2016, 11:39:27 AM »

Back on topic from the setlist diversion...

I've expressed my opinion that a new album won't make much money, but to be clear, it's not that I don't think it would have the potential to have mainstream impact but rather accounting for the fact that so many people get their music for free these days. 

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5658 on: December 08, 2016, 11:59:23 AM »

Back on topic from the setlist diversion...

I've expressed my opinion that a new album won't make much money, but to be clear, it's not that I don't think it would have the potential to have mainstream impact but rather accounting for the fact that so many people get their music for free these days. 

I think it would make huge money
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5659 on: December 08, 2016, 12:03:01 PM »

I sometimes wonder what this band have to do for some fans to be happy.

Even this year's new developments don't seem enough to satisfy people. Axl, Slash and Duff playing together again, a professional, slick World Tour, where so so far everything has gone well, and reviews have been good- but that isn't enough? It honestly beats me what more people expect.

Most major touring bands play the same set every night, the ones that don't are very much in the minority- and usually only manage it because the band hasn't changed in musicians ever/in a long time so are very comfortable. That isn't going to happen with a tour like this- and they are switching bits and pieces around a bit anyway- as much as they presumably can with such a big production.

I do sometimes wonder why people keep coming back to a band that they feel aren't providing what they personally feel they need from a band.

Most major bands do not play 7 cover songs a night.

If they come back to a market 1 year after being very close already, try and change things up.   

What kinda fan would want to hear more original music from the band!!  That's crazy talk!

What kinda fan would want to see a different show after a years time between shows.   A bad fan I guess?

What kinda fan would complain about this?!  Why don't you praise the shows for being great and be happy for what we have!!!!   
\

Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: