Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:09:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1678555 times)
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #5540 on: October 05, 2016, 08:24:13 PM »

just to listen a new composition with Slash, Duff and Axl together again would be magical for millions of fans

kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #5541 on: October 06, 2016, 09:30:41 AM »

TOOL hasn't released an album in 10 years..... Tongue

This week

OT: Yeah right  rofl

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #5542 on: October 06, 2016, 03:29:33 PM »

TOOL hasn't released an album in 10 years..... Tongue

This week

OT: Yeah right  rofl

But we know the new Tool album is cooking

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #5543 on: October 07, 2016, 08:01:53 AM »

of course...so is the follow up to CD. hihi

Guns and Tool do business very similar if you haven't noticed.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5544 on: October 07, 2016, 08:58:42 AM »

of course...so is the follow up to CD. hihi

Guns and Tool do business very similar if you haven't noticed.

The one TOOL member was on  a late night talk show last week saying we would see it this week....  hahaha,  I got TOOL'd into believing it
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5545 on: October 08, 2016, 10:58:30 AM »

Im watching the RIR3 videos now and I remember how excited I was to hear Madagascar for the first time ever. I miss that feeling.

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #5546 on: October 08, 2016, 11:40:03 AM »

Im watching the RIR3 videos now and I remember how excited I was to hear Madagascar for the first time ever. I miss that feeling.
man, thanks your for reminding me that moment. actually the first moment for me was probably The Blues, but still... that's centuries ago!

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5547 on: October 08, 2016, 03:31:06 PM »

man, thanks your for reminding me that moment. actually the first moment for me was probably The Blues, but still... that's centuries ago!
I'd heard The Blues from Vegas before - the new songs from the bootleg came up online days before the RIR. It almost 16 years ago man.  Undecided

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #5548 on: October 12, 2016, 10:18:45 AM »

All this talk of new music, whether it's happening or not, this might be a good time for Guns to put out a rarities album, just to tide fans over. Clear out the vault.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #5549 on: October 12, 2016, 12:01:46 PM »

All this talk of new music, whether it's happening or not, this might be a good time for Guns to put out a rarities album, just to tide fans over. Clear out the vault.

The new vault or the old one?

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #5550 on: October 12, 2016, 01:51:11 PM »

The vault is the vault....it's all Gnr music. Unfortunately, little to no chatter regarding anything other than touring.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5551 on: October 12, 2016, 01:55:14 PM »

If Slash does essentially what Ron did in late '06 and early '07 and add his parts to the already completed tracks, then we could see an album "soon" as in within the next year or so.  Ron I believe only spent 2 or 3 weeks in the studio, and the result was his presence being felt on literally every track on Chinese Democracy.  If Slash does the same or hopefully a bit more than that we really could see a release sooner than later.  Am curious to see where it all stands presently.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5552 on: October 12, 2016, 02:31:45 PM »

If Slash does essentially what Ron did in late '06 and early '07 and add his parts to the already completed tracks, then we could see an album "soon" as in within the next year or so.  Ron I believe only spent 2 or 3 weeks in the studio, and the result was his presence being felt on literally every track on Chinese Democracy.  If Slash does the same or hopefully a bit more than that we really could see a release sooner than later.  Am curious to see where it all stands presently.

Slash also might have a little more pull than a guy who, by his own words, was just "glad to be here".

Our best hope might be that they tour the rest of the world most of 2017, take some time to recharge, then put something out in later 2018.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #5553 on: October 12, 2016, 02:41:51 PM »

what about 2019? or 2025? They could put an album out by years end if they really wanted to....picking a time now is pretty f'n random.  hihi

Skylar: Maybe we could go out for coffee sometime?

Will: Great, or maybe we could get together and just eat a bunch of caramels.

Skylar: What?

Will: When you think about it, it's just as arbitrary as drinking coffee.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 02:48:16 PM by sky dog » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5554 on: October 12, 2016, 03:02:01 PM »

what about 2019? or 2025? They could put an album out by years end if they really wanted to....picking a time now is pretty f'n random.

I was speaking in "best case scenario" terms.

Don't get me wrong, I expet nothing in 2018, if ever. 

But I do think, if we are going to pretend there is a chance, anything before later in 2018 is not realistic.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5555 on: October 12, 2016, 03:38:42 PM »

what about 2019? or 2025? They could put an album out by years end if they really wanted to....picking a time now is pretty f'n random.

I was speaking in "best case scenario" terms.

Don't get me wrong, I expet nothing in 2018, if ever. 

But I do think, if we are going to pretend there is a chance, anything before later in 2018 is not realistic.

You're not wrong.  It seems the focus for the foreseeable future at least through 2017 is on touring the world.  Axl hasn't exactly been in a rush to get the next album out and I don't see how the massive success on the touring front that they're seeing now will change his way of thinking and boost his desire to get these songs out there.

I have no idea how much pull/say Slash and Duff have, but I would hope that their vocalized interest in working on said tracks will light some kind of fire under Axl to see it through and put the fucker out already.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #5556 on: October 12, 2016, 06:40:01 PM »

the problem is new music is chicken shit money compared to touring money right now....I think they should still throw the fans a bone with a few songs at least. But, unfortunately, I ain't running the show.

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #5557 on: October 13, 2016, 09:00:19 AM »

the problem is new music is chicken shit money compared to touring money right now....I think they should still throw the fans a bone with a few songs at least. But, unfortunately, I ain't running the show.

Not at all. Because the new album would sell another world tour very well. Yes, unfortunately, similar money could be generated without an album but why not make one for fun if nothing else.

Our best hope might be that they tour the rest of the world most of 2017, take some time to recharge, then put something out in later 2018.

This. And then it would be valid and not at all too early to do another world tour in arenas in 2019.

As always, we take anything that is thrown at us but I just hope they don't return to US before there is a new album.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 09:02:41 AM by Lord Stan » Logged
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5558 on: October 13, 2016, 11:41:50 AM »

Not at all. Because the new album would sell another world tour very well. Yes, unfortunately, similar money could be generated without an album but why not make one for fun if nothing else.

This. And then it would be valid and not at all too early to do another world tour in arenas in 2019.

As always, we take anything that is thrown at us but I just hope they don't return to US before there is a new album.

I would agree on this outlook.  I just can't fully buy into the premise where, although touring is where the money is at in 2016/2017, that they would simply give up on releasing new music and solely follow the money carrot that touring provides for the duration of Guns N' Roses.  Sure, they love the money, who wouldn't? But they're also artists who have shown us that they take great pride in their new studio efforts. 

Granted, Slash & Duff have it more together in regard to recording and...get this...RELEASING their music. But again, I would imagine the newfound success and positive vibes will only fuel Axl's desire to keep this thing going and that includes putting out new music.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5559 on: October 13, 2016, 11:54:05 AM »

I would agree on this outlook.  I just can't fully buy into the premise where, although touring is where the money is at in 2016/2017, that they would simply give up on releasing new music and solely follow the money carrot that touring provides for the duration of Guns N' Roses.  Sure, they love the money, who wouldn't? But they're also artists who have shown us that they take great pride in their new studio efforts. 

Granted, Slash & Duff have it more together in regard to recording and...get this...RELEASING their music. But again, I would imagine the newfound success and positive vibes will only fuel Axl's desire to keep this thing going and that includes putting out new music.

With any brand content is key

Touring with the same formula and same content will eventually peak.

With releasing new music you have the chance that the public may catch on to a new song and make that a hit

You have the chance that the younger crowd my catch on to some new songs via a new video.  It would be something to have a new audience debating what are the best songs off a new album and talking about ones they want to hear live......

AFD is my fav album of all time.  I cant listen to it every night, week or even month...

Just like Terminator 2 is my fav movie.  I cant watch that every night, week or month.

New content is always good
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: