Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 09:22:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1678883 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5500 on: September 29, 2016, 09:11:57 PM »

Metallica is releasing a new album. Red Hot Chilli Peppers just released a new one (which is great, Dark Necessities is an awesome single). Radiohead also released a new album. U2 released new stuff not too long ago.

Those bands didnt need new album as much as in the past, but it's something that still helps them to get to TV shows, get the songs for licensing to movies and TV, keep awareness of the brand in a much larger level than just touring... Also, even if a new album doesn't sell much, it may be less harm because it's cheaper to record and to release the songs.

My point is: if the band wants it, they will do it. And I think Axl still wants it. Slash and Duff most certainly do.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #5501 on: September 29, 2016, 09:35:23 PM »

Metallica is releasing a new album. Red Hot Chilli Peppers just released a new one (which is great, Dark Necessities is an awesome single). Radiohead also released a new album. U2 released new stuff not too long ago.

Those bands didnt need new album as much as in the past, but it's something that still helps them to get to TV shows, get the songs for licensing to movies and TV, keep awareness of the brand in a much larger level than just touring... Also, even if a new album doesn't sell much, it may be less harm because it's cheaper to record and to release the songs.

My point is: if the band wants it, they will do it. And I think Axl still wants it. Slash and Duff most certainly do.

I hope you're right that Axl still wants it.  We know the material's there.  I think it all boils down to this:  if Axl wants to release new music, he will.  If he doesn't, back to the vault it goes.  We make all sorts of reasons why releasing new music isn't happening (no one does it anymore, the state of the music industry doesn't support new music, the money's in touring, people don't buy albums, blah, blah, blah).  I think he could give two shits about all of that. 

If he wants to do it, he will.  B.R. (Before Reunion) you could argue the label was apathetic about new music from Guns.  But now???  After they just had a ridiculously successful U.S. stadium tour, and are about to have a ridiculously successful South American, Australian, and European tour???  You don't think the label would be interested in releasing new music now???

But again, I don't think Axl gives a shit about what the label wants, and he's probably looking at them like, "oh, now you want to support me?  Suck it!" 

If and when he's ready, we'll hear new music.  I think it's that simple.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #5502 on: September 29, 2016, 10:44:29 PM »

Even if the casuals dont care about new music, it is known that the hardcore fans do and that it would mean a lot to us.

Basically, they can make money from the casuals and music for the people that care. I mean, why not? I think were worth it.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5503 on: September 29, 2016, 11:45:09 PM »

I hope you're right that Axl still wants it.  We know the material's there.  I think it all boils down to this:  if Axl wants to release new music, he will.  If he doesn't, back to the vault it goes.  We make all sorts of reasons why releasing new music isn't happening (no one does it anymore, the state of the music industry doesn't support new music, the money's in touring, people don't buy albums, blah, blah, blah).  I think he could give two shits about all of that. 

If he wants to do it, he will.  B.R. (Before Reunion) you could argue the label was apathetic about new music from Guns.  But now???  After they just had a ridiculously successful U.S. stadium tour, and are about to have a ridiculously successful South American, Australian, and European tour???  You don't think the label would be interested in releasing new music now???

But again, I don't think Axl gives a shit about what the label wants, and he's probably looking at them like, "oh, now you want to support me?  Suck it!" 

Really?  When was the last time your heard Axl talk like that?  When was the last Axl rant.  Right now I know Axl as the non ranting steady performer that does multiple jobs.  For all I know if the label asked for anything g Axl would do it
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5504 on: September 29, 2016, 11:46:59 PM »

Even if the casuals dont care about new music, it is known that the hardcore fans do and that it would mean a lot to us.

Basically, they can make money from the casuals and music for the people that care. I mean, why not? I think were worth it.

Metallica is on the tonighf show tonight

Promoting there new album and performing

That's great for the bands fans

Sure would like to see guns do something like this one day
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #5505 on: September 30, 2016, 06:05:30 AM »

It has always been this.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5506 on: September 30, 2016, 08:23:30 AM »

We haven't discussed the possibility that maybe Axl doesn't want to do any new music, and perhaps that might be why he seems altogether more happy? It's always seemed like writing and recording hasn't exactly been easy for him- Chinese especially must have been an incredibly draining process. Perhaps he's realized that as he doesn't need new material, he can let all that go now?

Wild speculation of course, but it's a possibility.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #5507 on: September 30, 2016, 09:22:45 AM »

Really?  When was the last time your heard Axl talk like that?  When was the last Axl rant.  Right now I know Axl as the non ranting steady performer that does multiple jobs.  For all I know if the label asked for anything g Axl would do it

I think you're confusing a couple concepts.  Just because Axl has been a steady performer (both in terms of punctuality and quality) doesn't mean he's become a corporate stooge.  I still think he has heavy skepticism towards the label, promoters, industry honchos, etc....basically anyone trying to make a buck off of him for the wrong reasons.  That's kind of been his M.O. his entire career.  I don't need a rant to confirm that for me. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5508 on: September 30, 2016, 10:16:12 AM »

I think you're confusing a couple concepts.  Just because Axl has been a steady performer (both in terms of punctuality and quality) doesn't mean he's become a corporate stooge.  I still think he has heavy skepticism towards the label, promoters, industry honchos, etc....basically anyone trying to make a buck off of him for the wrong reasons.  That's kind of been his M.O. his entire career.  I don't need a rant to confirm that for me. 

I agree. 

I think this summer has been his dream.  Made a boatload of money without having to lift much of a finger to promote it himself.  I think that's heaven on earth for him.

But put me in the camp that says that despite him taking the stage on time and looking super happy up there, that doens't necessarily translate to him wanting to crank up that promotional grind again.  Which would have to be the case if any of what has been talked about in the past page or two were to happen.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5509 on: September 30, 2016, 10:36:35 AM »

No I was responding mostly to that quote you used.  That sounded like something Axl may have said 20 years ago.    Nothing in the past 15 years would indicate this to me
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5510 on: September 30, 2016, 10:45:41 AM »

I agree. 

I think this summer has been his dream.  Made a boatload of money without having to lift much of a finger to promote it himself.  I think that's heaven on earth for him.

But put me in the camp that says that despite him taking the stage on time and looking super happy up there, that doens't necessarily translate to him wanting to crank up that promotional grind again.  Which would have to be the case if any of what has been talked about in the past page or two were to happen.

He has looked happy for years though.   While touring the past 10 years, he never came across as grumpy or anything.  Especially in a lot of the late night party photos I have seen

The positive reviews and word of mouth are great promotion

The promoters that put on this tour, promoted it!!!   Huge marketing campaign

Axl himself may not of done any direct promotion of this tour.  But there was a ton

Now if a new album came out.  He presence on a marketing campaign wouldn't have to be that huge as well.  He could do the odd interview in Europe or SA, as he seems to like it there better than the USA.   If there is a radio friendly hit song on the album it would be enough promotion. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5511 on: September 30, 2016, 10:53:44 AM »

Now if a new album came out.  He presence on a marketing campaign wouldn't have to be that huge as well.  He could do the odd interview in Europe or SA, as he seems to like it there better than the USA.   If there is a radio friendly hit song on the album it would be enough promotion. 

Slash and Duff seemed to do the bulk of the media of the UYI tour.  I assume they would be open to doing so again.

I think that what one of the things that really hurt nuGNR's viability.  Axl never bothered to introduce any of those guys to the world, so they could not be dispatched to handle media.  And if he wasn't doing it either, that's when you find yourself a spot where people have no idea what is going on with your band.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5512 on: September 30, 2016, 11:05:42 AM »

Obviously Axl didnt talk about actually releasing anything because of all the headache of the years before and after CD. But he talked about new music several times after that, including in that Q&A session and in the Brazilian interview. It's a very touchy subject for him, I guess. Still, he is always talking about it in some capacity. Why would he if it was not his intention to eventually releasing it?

I always felt that CD would be released, even if took so long. People always argue that if he didnt for all those years, he wouldnt ever release it. To me, it's the same now. Its just less clear what we should expect from it because of the regrouping scenario.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5513 on: September 30, 2016, 11:08:25 AM »

Slash and Duff seemed to do the bulk of the media of the UYI tour.  I assume they would be open to doing so again.

I think that what one of the things that really hurt nuGNR's viability.  Axl never bothered to introduce any of those guys to the world, so they could not be dispatched to handle media.  And if he wasn't doing it either, that's when you find yourself a spot where people have no idea what is going on with your band.

As much as I couldn't stand DJ, he really brought a great social media presence.   He had a fan base and promoted both his brand and Guns N Roses.   It was the only time they have had that since Duff and Slash

You had Ron and Richard doing guitar clinics, but that really isn't promotion, as it is geared toward the hardcore fans already.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5514 on: September 30, 2016, 11:13:00 AM »

Obviously Axl didnt talk about actually releasing anything because of all the headache of the years before and after CD. But he talked about new music several times after that, including in that Q&A session and in the Brazilian interview. It's a very touchy subject for him, I guess. Still, he is always talking about it in some capacity. Why would he if it was not his intention to eventually releasing it?

I always felt that CD would be released, even if took so long. People always argue that if he didnt for all those years, he wouldnt ever release it. To me, it's the same now. Its just less clear what we should expect from it because of the regrouping scenario.

With everything changing and being back with some of the old guys, I wouldn't hold anyone to anything said or promised before.

I am not going to hold Duff and Slash to the promise that they are going to find a new Velvet Revolver lead singer any time soon.

I am not going to hold Axl to his comments that he plans on releasing two more albums worth of CD era material

I am also not going to hold Axl to the comments that Slash and Duff can work on a couple of songs.....   

Those are all comments in a specific time period....   

TOOL is coming out with a new album this week, btw.....    Bands put out music, bands play new music!!!!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5515 on: September 30, 2016, 01:04:23 PM »

Well, Im not really expecting anything. I just replied your question:

Really?  When was the last time your heard Axl talk like that? 

So I explained that Axl indeed spoke about it in some way. To me that is indication that he worked in something and that he's willing to release it eventually. It's not a definitive answer but nobody claimed it was. Just something to point out.

But yeah, things change. I just don't think it can't be changed to the better, which was exactly the case before with Slash and Duff back in the band.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5516 on: September 30, 2016, 01:32:04 PM »

Didn't Axl talk about this topic in June? At the China Exchange?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5517 on: September 30, 2016, 01:50:13 PM »

/jarmo

Yes he did

I would think that was his thoughts on this topic at that specific moment in time.....    After hanging and touring more with the guys, I would be interested to see what he says now
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #5518 on: September 30, 2016, 02:37:07 PM »

We haven't discussed the possibility that maybe Axl doesn't want to do any new music, and perhaps that might be why he seems altogether more happy? It's always seemed like writing and recording hasn't exactly been easy for him- Chinese especially must have been an incredibly draining process. Perhaps he's realized that as he doesn't need new material, he can let all that go now?

Wild speculation of course, but it's a possibility.

Nah, or else he wouldnt be leading hardcore fans on by saying he wants to release more stuff as recent as the china exchange. Who really watches that kind of thing besides us? He knows we hang onto his every word and that, like the acdc fans, we take our band very seriously.

Loved your post about nostalgia though!

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #5519 on: September 30, 2016, 02:48:41 PM »

/jarmo

Yes he did

I would think that was his thoughts on this topic at that specific moment in time.....    After hanging and touring more with the guys, I would be interested to see what he says now

I dont think hes the type to change his mind about such a major thing so fast, but hell, i dont know him. But you could just as easily say that about any recent thing he said. As in, yes i know he said so and so, but maybe he changed his mind.

I hope im quoting him correctly, but an admin at my gnr said he knows for certain that chris and axl were in the studio finishing up a ton of stuff in the vault early last summer.

Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: