Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:27:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1678471 times)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5360 on: January 02, 2016, 05:14:56 AM »

another greatest hits would be without the songs already released on the prior one right? i dont think casual people know many guns songs outside of the ones already released on the first gh album. are the casuals really going to buy a gh that doesnt include sweet child, jungle, p.c., patience, november rain, and kohd? i think theyd more likely buy the first gh album.

You would think a second greatest hits should have completely new songs, but many artists have done multiple greatest hits with similar songs, maybe just a few changes.  And this is part of the reason I think greatest hits are silly.  A band should release their greatest hits one time.  If a band has a ton of greatest hits, then release multiple albums either all at once or even over time...but they shouldn't release the same songs more than once. It turns me off when I see bands putting out albums one after another with the same songs.  It screams one thing.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5361 on: January 02, 2016, 10:33:31 AM »

Again, the band doesn't need an album anymore. Also, makes no sense to release yet another greatest hits when you could just get a new playlist on Spotify or Apple Music.

And I don't buy the theory on Slash and Duff rerecording for CD2. I think they would rather write their own songs or use old ideas, and that would take some more time.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #5362 on: January 02, 2016, 10:39:51 AM »

Again, the band doesn't need an album anymore. Also, makes no sense to release yet another greatest hits when you could just get a new playlist on Spotify or Apple Music.

Very true.  Who exactly are they marketing a "Greatest Hits" album to in 2016? People without an internet connection?   The songs are out there and there are countless ways to make your own playlist. 

A new song or two to give radio something new to play during all of this activity would make sense though.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #5363 on: January 02, 2016, 10:41:28 AM »

Very true.  Who exactly are they marketing a "Greatest Hits" album to in 2016? People without an internet connection?   The songs are out there and there are countless ways to make your own playlist. 

A new song or two to give radio something new to play during all of this activity would make sense though.

I think a new GH release that included even 1 new song would make a very nice profit...don't ya think?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #5364 on: January 02, 2016, 10:49:27 AM »

Not that i am in favor of another greatest hits album but when van halen came out with theres a few years back and it had 2 new songs with DLR on them I actually liked one of those songs the other was forgettable but atleast you had 2 new songs. Again im not in favor of a another greatest hits but if something came out with 2 new songs like that did i certainly wouldn't be against it.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #5365 on: January 02, 2016, 11:06:24 AM »

Not that I am looking to go down this road quite yet... because the immediate future is just too damn exciting....just a few thoughts I've had...

As far as how when and what gets released ... will have a lot to do with how the business of GNR is going to run in 2016 no?

Are the big 3 equal partners in everything GNR again? (I'm sure Axl will continue to own the name by his lonesome) Do Slash and Duff work for Axl? Did they re join with the knowledge that they will have to add parts to Chinese sessions music? (Songs they weren't crazy about 15 years ago)

Who is managing GNR? Still TB?

Will they try to sit down and hammer out brand new songs in the next few months?

So many questions... we will have to wait and see...

AHHHHHHHH.... so damn excited for Tuesday... I'm sure some of these things will get a little clarity in the coming weeks and months. I can't wait to see it in person and hopefully the new music comes with all of this... one would think dealing with the label got 1 million times easier since this all started.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #5366 on: January 02, 2016, 11:15:11 AM »

Speaking of the "Greatest Hits", I clearly remember that neither Axl nor Duff (and Slash, I assume) approved that record from Universal, and they tryied to stop it.

I also remember that, almost 9 years ago, it surfaced a tracklist for a hypotetical 2cd-set named "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best Of Guns N' Roses", which intended to be a greatest hits legitimated by the band.

the supposed tracklist was:

Disc 1:
Welcome To The Jungle
Mr Brownstone
Sweet Child O' Mine
November Rain
Civil War
14 Years
Used To Love Her
Out Ta Get Me
Down On The Farm
Perfect Crime
My Michelle
Coma
Move To The City
Nightrain
Live And Let Die
Don't Cry
Disc 2:
It's So Easy
You Could Be Mine
Paradise City
Knocking On Heaven's Door
Patience
Yesterdays
Pretty Tied Up
Black Leather
Double Talkin' Jive
Locomotive
Dead Horse
You're Crazy
Estranged
Rocket Queen

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5367 on: January 02, 2016, 12:23:38 PM »

Speaking of the "Greatest Hits", I clearly remember that neither Axl nor Duff (and Slash, I assume) approved that record from Universal, and they tryied to stop it.

I also remember that, almost 9 years ago, it surfaced a tracklist for a hypotetical 2cd-set named "Welcome To The Jungle: The Very Best Of Guns N' Roses", which intended to be a greatest hits legitimated by the band.

the supposed tracklist was:

Disc 1:
Welcome To The Jungle
Mr Brownstone
Sweet Child O' Mine
November Rain
Civil War
14 Years
Used To Love Her
Out Ta Get Me
Down On The Farm
Perfect Crime
My Michelle
Coma
Move To The City
Nightrain
Live And Let Die
Don't Cry
Disc 2:
It's So Easy
You Could Be Mine
Paradise City
Patience
Yesterdays
Pretty Tied Up
Black Leather
Double Talkin' Jive
Locomotive
Dead Horse
You're Crazy
Estranged
Rocket Queen
You just did a good job on those columns. hihi

Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #5368 on: January 02, 2016, 01:11:02 PM »

You just did a good job on those columns. hihi

thank you, dude  rofl

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
hRob
Rocker

The Defender of the Opera

« Reply #5369 on: January 02, 2016, 02:15:25 PM »

Disc 1:
Welcome To The Jungle
Mr Brownstone
Sweet Child O' Mine
November Rain
Civil War
14 Years
Used To Love Her
Out Ta Get Me
Down On The Farm
Perfect Crime
My Michelle
Coma
Move To The City
Nightrain
Live And Let Die
Don't Cry
Disc 2:
It's So Easy
You Could Be Mine
Paradise City
Patience
Yesterdays
Pretty Tied Up
Black Leather
Double Talkin' Jive
Locomotive
Dead Horse
You're Crazy
Estranged
Rocket Queen

Not a bad compilation, however with CD out and the 2 new songs rumour, I think some songs could easily be swapped out - Dead Horse, Black Leather & Move to the City for maybe Better + 1 more cd song + 2 new
and still make everyone involved happy, doubt Duff or Slash would have much against it? Dunno..

13/6/2006 Prague, 27/9/2010 Prague, 13/7/2012 Pie?ťany, 4/7/2017 Prague
fozzie10
Headliner

« Reply #5370 on: January 02, 2016, 07:29:49 PM »

Gut instinct this will be a greatest hits tours,no new music at all,no one other than us die hards wants to hear new music at this point new music wont sell tickets as fast as Slash playing the sweet child intro.

If there is a new song it'll be something thats been kicking around for awhile,something Slash and Axl can get to work on to show the world all is well,why on earth would Duff and Slash have anything to do with CD out takes? (never understood peoples obsession with the remaining songs from those sessions,if they where that good they'd have been on the original album wouldnt they?)

Gut instinct too tells me this is a retirement tour too,one last hurrah to keep the bank manager happy.

I hope im wrong but i dont see a long term future for the band frankly this is a chance to put the nonsense behind them and go out on a high.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5371 on: January 02, 2016, 07:32:36 PM »

I would like to hear the rest of the CD sessions because I was a fan of CD, hopefully we'll get to hear them one day. I too do not anticipate new music either with this tour, people want to hear Axl sing the classics with slash playing them

fozzie10
Headliner

« Reply #5372 on: January 02, 2016, 07:34:55 PM »

I would like to hear the rest of the CD sessions because I was a fan of CD, hopefully we'll get to hear them one day. I too do not anticipate new music either with this tour, people want to hear Axl sing the classics with slash playing them

Dont get me wrong CD is a very fine album,but im of the view if the songs werent good enough to improve that album why would I buy them?

Release them into the wild or better still perhaps with the renewed interest in the band put a nice shiny box set out with it all included,you could put me down for a copy of that any day of the week.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #5373 on: January 02, 2016, 11:23:58 PM »

actually fozzie if im not mistaken, ax said they were holding out on their "big guns" (best songs).

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #5374 on: January 02, 2016, 11:36:41 PM »

Gut instinct this will be a greatest hits tours,no new music at all,no one other than us die hards wants to hear new music at this point new music wont sell tickets as fast as Slash playing the sweet child intro.

If there is a new song it'll be something thats been kicking around for awhile,something Slash and Axl can get to work on to show the world all is well,why on earth would Duff and Slash have anything to do with CD out takes? (never understood peoples obsession with the remaining songs from those sessions,if they where that good they'd have been on the original album wouldnt they?)

Gut instinct too tells me this is a retirement tour too,one last hurrah to keep the bank manager happy.

I hope im wrong but i dont see a long term future for the band frankly this is a chance to put the nonsense behind them and go out on a high.

Just not adding up for me. After everything, all of the bad vibes, the past 2 decades touring with how many musicians..etc... Axl is just going to say "Ah fuck it...lemme just grab the cash and tour with Slash now.. and then retire?

Just don't see it.... can't wait to learn more about how this happened, why this happened and most importantly - if this is just the beginning of the next chapter of Gn'r as opposed to the last
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #5375 on: January 02, 2016, 11:43:02 PM »

yes, you have to wonder what this is about. fortus said a reunion would have to be about more than money. im sure ax has plenty of that. and i dont think he cares about more fame or people liking him. so what is this about? well have to wait and see. maybe it was just to make people happy.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
fra
Opening Act

« Reply #5376 on: January 03, 2016, 08:48:25 AM »

this norwegian comedian / musician claimed to have been in studio with GN'R (post from dec 22). slash and fortus in two separate photos.
https://www.facebook.com/kristian.valen/posts/10156456709080595

same guy, dec 30th, claiming to have called the reunion thing 7 month before.
https://www.facebook.com/kristian.valen/posts/10156485307020595

seems like he is friend with slash or has some kind of connections, judging by the comments.

Milan 2006 | London 2006 | Reading 2010 | London 2010 | London 2010 | London 2012 | London 2012 | Dublin 2017 | London 2017
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5377 on: January 03, 2016, 08:58:36 AM »

The picture of the comedian and Slash/Perla is from 2013..

An article from Oct 1, 2013: http://www.vg.no/rampelys/bevegelser/kristian-valen-38-var-paa-nachspiel-hos-rockelegende/a/10152320/
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 09:03:51 AM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
fra
Opening Act

« Reply #5378 on: January 03, 2016, 09:11:53 AM »

whoops, apologies, thanks for clarifying this (and the fake coachella poster).

...slow days until Jan 5th...

!!

Milan 2006 | London 2006 | Reading 2010 | London 2010 | London 2010 | London 2012 | London 2012 | Dublin 2017 | London 2017
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5379 on: August 10, 2016, 01:10:43 PM »

I miss this thread.  We posted here tons in the past

I like the speculation side of things.....

I like the discussion side of things.....

I like when threads or posts do not get deleted......

I am hoping that when Guns goes to South American we get some interviews and press.   

I am hoping for a new album from the current lineup   All new songs, not previously worked on.....  This is the hope.

A couple of new songs on a sound track would be great as well!!

A love blue ray of the current tour would be great.  Something that also comes with a bonus disk with behind the scene footage and interviews

Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: