Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:14:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1678629 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #5340 on: June 18, 2015, 12:50:02 PM »

http://www.skynews.com.au/culture/showbiz/music/2015/06/18/guns-n--roses-tease-new-lp--tour.html

More of the same. Nothing official.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #5341 on: June 18, 2015, 01:08:43 PM »

This is simply a site repeating the Fortus information and recapping old interviews to get hits.

Franchise herald does this as well as media mass and their phony news stories.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 01:10:16 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5342 on: December 31, 2015, 11:34:52 PM »

I would have to say

This was one of my first threads joining as a member....

I think it gets the award as the years best.....

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #5343 on: January 01, 2016, 12:22:24 AM »

so weve got the recent pittman tweet about axl being the ghost in the studio (possible reminder about new music), and weve got that swedish guy with pics of fortus and slash (not together, seperate pics) claiming he is working with guns

youve got the rumors of the 2 new songs that include slash and duff.

theres the possibility cd2/remix are released before the tour as they were supposedly finished already, and then the possibility that they will be reworked with slash/duff to be released later.

would releasing cd2 and cd remix at the beginning of the new year, in conjunction with the reunion announcement, be well received if they were released as is? would people be more open to it knowing that axl and slash are on good terms again? could cd2 be a part of some compromise between axl/record company/slash/duff? would it get its fair share of attention or go largely overshadowed by the reuinon?

will this hype somehow be channeled to promote some kind of release? this seems likely to me.

what are the current thoughts of folks around here regarding the next album?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 12:28:09 AM by rj seitz » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #5344 on: January 01, 2016, 12:32:18 AM »

so weve got the recent pittman tweet about axl being the ghost in the studio (possible reminder about new music), and weve got that swedish guy with pics of fortus and slash (not together, seperate pics) claiming he is working with guns

youve got the rumors of the 2 new songs that include slash and duff.

theres the possibility cd2/remix are released before the tour as they were supposedly finished already, and then the possibility that they will be reworked with slash/duff to be released later.

would releasing cd2 and cd remix at the beginning of the new year, in conjunction with the reunion announcement, be well received if they were released as is? would people be more open to it knowing that axl and slash are on good terms again? could cd2 be a part of some compromise between axl/record company/slash/duff? would it get its fair share of attention or go largely overshadowed by the reuinon?

will this hype somehow be channeled to promote some kind of release? this seems likely to me.

what are the current thoughts of folks around here regarding the next album?

I tend to believe (my opinion only) the first official release we see is probably going to be a better planned and better executed Greatest Hits Retrospective. Especially now that there is a little more common ground and less animosity. Maybe we get deeper tracks, AFD and UYI items from the vault. This could be where 1 or 2 new tracks pop up.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #5345 on: January 01, 2016, 12:39:44 AM »

ah, the dreaded  greatest hits. this is kind of the worst case scenario for me. the 2 new tracks would be nice though! and if you think about it, a gh could be used to hype people up for a new album.

a greatest hits is pretty much a guaranteed success right? with something like that on the table, plus the reunion, they could generate a lot of steam. but how long will that hype last? i wonder if theyll try to get the next guns record of original material to benefit from that hype as well? it could be the homerun knockout kick in the nuts after the 1-2 punch of reunion+greatest hits.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 12:45:22 AM by rj seitz » Logged

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5346 on: January 01, 2016, 12:47:11 AM »

ah, the dreaded  greatest hits.

wasn't the greatest hits release (or should I say the attempted prevention of the release) the real first time Axl and Slash agreed publicly about something?

So whoever released that should be the one credited for this renewed reunion.  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #5347 on: January 01, 2016, 12:53:08 AM »

oh gypsy. always great to see you around.

what about the cd remix? its already done, so why not release it at some point? maybe well see it with a cd remaster some day? is there anything to lose by releasing it on its own? it doesnt seem like many people are interested in it, but the work has already been done and the investment has already been made, so why not hook cd fans up with some kind of release?

this would be a good way to include cd fans in the celebration. and it would not be as big of a deal if it was overshadowed by the reunion (as opposed to cd2). its just a remix right? it would make sense to people that slash and duff werent a part of it. most people saw cd as just axls thing. so maybe there wouldnt be so much fuss about them not being a part of it since its not a whole new guns album, just a remix of an album they werent on to begin with. it would be less threatening to people than a full fledged new album with no slash or duff.

it wouldnt even have to be some super hyped thing. the people that want it would know, even without any promotion. and it might even get some free attention from the reunion hype.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 01:13:49 AM by rj seitz » Logged

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #5348 on: January 01, 2016, 01:24:52 AM »

what about the cd remix? its already done, so why not release it at some point? maybe well see it with a cd remaster some day? is there anything to lose by releasing it on its own? it doesnt seem like many people are interested in it, but the work has already been done and the investment has already been made, so why not hook cd fans up with some kind of release?

I think it just causes confusion. You are 'rebooting' with a classic or hybrid (more classic than not) lineup. Why release material written and recorded by people who aren't in the band that will be at Coachella and touring the US? In some cases some of these people haven't been active members of the band for nearly 15 years (Bucket and Paul).

Greatest Hits gets people excited about the people they are seeing, allows for additional promotion (iTunes, Streaming Services and Apps)...

I just think there is more upside in focusing on the reunion and it's lineup. Then if you want to follow up the tour with the CD2 release to tie up that era, sure, but I wouldn't 'muddy the water' now.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #5349 on: January 01, 2016, 01:28:50 AM »

i think the kimmel show would be a great time to talk about it. all it would take is one sentence or so. "as you may have heard, the reunion is on. im also going to release the cd remix in the meantime to give some closure to fans of the cd era. greatest hits is on the way as well, and were working on some material together for the future."

how does that get anything but a good reaction? who is going to object to that?

i can see a cd2 release with no slash or duff in the mix muddying the water, but a cd remix? isnt it just a little bonus thing?

i see your point though, maybe cd2 and remix should get their own time in the spotlight later, and the focus for now could just be straight up reunion.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 01:37:37 AM by rj seitz » Logged

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #5350 on: January 01, 2016, 04:35:41 AM »

Maybe cd2 be more electronic and he moves on with just two guitarist?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #5351 on: January 01, 2016, 08:54:31 AM »

My Guess. The reunion line-up re-record CD2 and release it as "Guns n' Roses" or "Stay of Execution" The label I believe would do the maths and probably conclude that they (the reunion band) will double sales against this century's line-up in any guise....
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #5352 on: January 01, 2016, 08:59:39 AM »

On what planet would releasing a remix album of Chinese Democracy be a good way to promote a reunion tour?
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #5353 on: January 02, 2016, 04:07:08 AM »

it wouldnt even have to be advertised, the people that want it would know about it. i dont think it would be good advertising for a reunion tour. i dont think it would affect the reunion tour at all. all it would take is one tweet or a line on kimmel, and in that same statement it could be made clear that it had nothing to do with the reunion tour, just a little bonus for those that want it. but who knows, maybe he has bigger plans for it. or none at all. i just think it would be a cool way to hook up cd fans since their era seems to be closing to make room for the reunion. then again, i have no idea what is in store for us, other than that a reunion tour seems to be the priority right now. just a thought, nothing more.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #5354 on: January 02, 2016, 04:14:37 AM »

On what planet would releasing a remix album of Chinese Democracy be a good way to promote a reunion tour?

This.

The past 3 days I've read (what I consider) some ludicrous stuff.

I get that there is some people out there who loved CD, and I get that they want to hear CD2 and the remix album, but I'm with rain dog on this.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #5355 on: January 02, 2016, 04:36:08 AM »

i wasnt implying it would be to promote the reunion tour. it would probably fly under the radar... and right into the laps of those that want it. all it would take is a tweet and an itunes upload whenever and wherever. although it would be pretty funny if it was before the j.k. appearance. that would really keep people guessing. not saying its the best business plan or anything, hell i dont know how that stuff works. many ways it could be done without harming the reunion as far as i can tell. just dreaming i guess.

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5356 on: January 02, 2016, 04:37:25 AM »

I think it just causes confusion. You are 'rebooting' with a classic or hybrid (more classic than not) lineup. Why release material written and recorded by people who aren't in the band that will be at Coachella and touring the US? In some cases some of these people haven't been active members of the band for nearly 15 years (Bucket and Paul).

Greatest Hits gets people excited about the people they are seeing, allows for additional promotion (iTunes, Streaming Services and Apps)...

I just think there is more upside in focusing on the reunion and it's lineup. Then if you want to follow up the tour with the CD2 release to tie up that era, sure, but I wouldn't 'muddy the water' now.

I'm sorry, but a greatest hits is not a good option.  It's boring, and been done by so many others who just need to release something for promotion.  If GNR has new music, that is a much better option.  Even if it's Chinese stuff.  First off, if Richard, Chris, and Frank are in this lineup, that would make 5 people (Axl and Dizzy) in the lineup who have history with Chinese.  Plus....Slash and Duff could put their spin on it.  

If it's older stuff, than Duff and Slash have history with it.  Either way, I'm sure they have a bunch of unreleased music that would be better than ANOTHER greatest hits.  

And at this point, people (not only us die hard fans) would like new music.  Most of the world knows GNR hasn't put out much over the last 20 plus years.  A greatest hits may even result in a negative reaction.   
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 04:44:09 AM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #5357 on: January 02, 2016, 04:47:31 AM »

good point dth! i think it would be a great way to get people excited. reunion on the way, new guns song on the radio, new material for the tour. that would be neat.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #5358 on: January 02, 2016, 04:52:36 AM »

another greatest hits would be without the songs already released on the prior one right? i dont think casual people know many guns songs outside of the ones already released on the first gh album. are the casuals really going to buy a gh that doesnt include sweet child, jungle, p.c., patience, november rain, civil war, ycbm, l&ld, and kohd? i think theyd more likely buy the first gh album.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 04:56:01 AM by rj seitz » Logged

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #5359 on: January 02, 2016, 04:58:05 AM »

As fun as it is to speculate, I think a reunion and the work involved will keep them all busy, if the 2 songs rumour is correct, and we get 2 new ones, how they come together and how they are received could dictate if we get anything else? I think that's a fair statement given the history of how Axl operates and the working nature of how things have been done in the past.
I'm not expecting anything else then a reunion at this point, if we get 2 new releases (and the word release) is the important word here because if there is 2 songs I think we will have heard of them in some capacity previously, then I think 2 is still a massive effort at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: