Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:23:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1678996 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5260 on: April 02, 2015, 10:50:46 AM »

It's a radio station. Seems like they've got their info from Alternative Nation who again picked this up from the GNR boards.

Since it's in the media now, eventually some publication will have people who knows about trademarking and will be able to say more certainly what it could be.

If it is indeed a new band name, what are your thoughts on that?

I see several possibilities.

- A brand new project, sort of like a solo venture for Axl. Doing that on the side of GNR.
- He retires the GNR name and brings the current lineup with him under the new name.
- He retires GNR altogether, both name and lineup. Then continues under a new name with a new band.
- He reunites with the old band to continue GNR. He also keeps the current lineup under the new band name and releases their material under that name.

If it is a brand new band, what would your dream line-up be? What sort of musical direction could you see Axl want to go with that. Let's say it has to be somewhat different of what GNR has been.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #5261 on: April 02, 2015, 10:56:05 AM »

It's a radio station. Seems like they've got their info from Alternative Nation who again picked this up from the GNR boards.

Since it's in the media now, eventually some publication will have people who knows about trademarking and will be able to say more certainly what it could be.

- A brand new project, sort of like a solo venture for Axl. Doing that on the side of GNR.
- He retires the GNR name and brings the current lineup with him under the new name.
- He retires GNR altogether, both name and lineup. Then continues under a new name with a new band.
- He reunites with the old band to continue GNR. He also keeps the current lineup under the new band name and releases their material under that name.

If it is a brand new band, what would your dream line-up be? What sort of musical direction could you see Axl want to go with that. Let's say it has to be somewhat different of what GNR has been.

Whoa.... how did we end up with this being a new band and retiring the GNR name or reunions......

(A new band and a new name fronted by Axl Rose would be a dream come true)... but aren't we really fishing for a story now?

I'll play a long tho.... a new band and a new name with Axl, Richard, Duff and Frank would be killer!!!!!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5262 on: April 02, 2015, 10:58:55 AM »

Whoa.... how did we end up with this being a new band and retiring the GNR name or reunions......

(A new band and a new name fronted by Axl Rose would be a dream come true)... but aren't we really fishing for a story now?

I'll play a long tho.... a new band and a new name with Axl, Richard, Duff and Frank would be killer!!!!!

Look, I'm saying if it is a band name... Just listed the possible outcomes.

If it is the case, I'm 90% sure it'll be alternative number 1. A solo project of Axl's that he's doing on the side of GNR.

Everyone else in GNR are doing stuff on the side of GNR, why not Axl..  Wink

« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 11:01:14 AM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #5263 on: April 02, 2015, 11:00:58 AM »

Look, I'm saying if it is a band name... Just listed the possible outcomes.

If it is the case, I'm 90% sure it'll be alternative number 1. A solo project of Axl's that he's doing on the side of GNR.

Oh no problem... It's cool...

Was just curious if I missed something

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #5264 on: April 02, 2015, 11:03:52 AM »

Axl should concentrate on the next GN'R album. I think that we have enough side projects from other members.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5265 on: April 02, 2015, 11:03:58 AM »

@JAEBALL: No, I don't think there's any new info on this so far. Smiley

For all we know, Axl just trademarked a name that popped into his head and thought sounded cool.. Without having a real idea of what to do with it.  hihi

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5266 on: April 02, 2015, 11:08:57 AM »

Axl should concentrate on the next GN'R album.

Yeah, I'm sure it's his priority. I hope that anyway.

I think that we have enough side projects from other members.

To be honest, Axl is my favorite artist so I would be very interested to hear anything he puts out. No matter if it is GNR or not.

Sweetness is a virtue
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #5267 on: April 02, 2015, 11:15:25 AM »

Axl should concentrate on the next GN'R album.

Yeah, I'm sure it's his priority. I hope that anyway.

I think that we have enough side projects from other members.

To be honest, Axl is my favorite artist so I would be very interested to hear anything he puts out. No matter if it is GNR or not.

Agreed. The name at this point is irrelevant to me.. Anything Axl does will be my number 1 source of entertainment.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Sosso
VIP

« Reply #5268 on: April 02, 2015, 11:19:56 AM »

Chinese Democracy would have sound different as a solo album so I think that band names are important

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5269 on: April 02, 2015, 11:29:33 AM »

Chinese Democracy would have sound different as a solo album so I think that band names are important

Different yes.

Worse? Maybe not.

I want GNR to stick around no doubt. All I'm saying is that if Axl suddenly decides to do something outside of Guns, we can't stop him right? The good thing is, I will almost certainly enjoy whatever he puts out.

Sweetness is a virtue
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #5270 on: April 02, 2015, 11:32:55 AM »

It's a band name...not some mystical power

If Robin, Josh and Bucket made the record with Axl and the name was something else... the songs would have sounded differently?... please explain.

If Axl wrote songs by himself and created the guitar parts etc.. then yes of course... but thats not what we are saying.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5271 on: April 02, 2015, 11:34:37 AM »

If Robin, Josh and Bucket made the record with Axl and the name was something else... the songs would have sounded differently?... please explain.

If Axl wrote songs by himself and created the guitar parts etc.. then yes of course... but thats not what we are saying.

Totally agree.

And love that first line of your post.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5272 on: April 02, 2015, 11:35:24 AM »

I think, when you know you're making a song under the GNR name, you might (even if not instructed to) feel that there is a certain framework that you'll have to confine within.

Sweetness is a virtue
Sosso
VIP

« Reply #5273 on: April 02, 2015, 11:39:55 AM »

Axl would have been the one and only songwriter for example. But things are different on the released record.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #5274 on: April 02, 2015, 11:46:42 AM »

Axl would have been the one and only songwriter for example. But things are different on the released record.

I think that's what I said.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #5275 on: April 02, 2015, 12:42:29 PM »

The timing is interesting. Nightrain fan club is active again. Fortus says there will be new music this year. It sounds like a cool album title, but it could be something else. An Axl Rose side project? Naa, i dont think so. But why TM an album title? Do you have to do that for making merch conected to the album?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5276 on: April 02, 2015, 12:56:59 PM »

The timing is interesting. Nightrain fan club is active again. Fortus says there will be new music this year. It sounds like a cool album title, but it could be something else. An Axl Rose side project? Naa, i dont think so. But why TM an album title? Do you have to do that for making merch conected to the album?

I think you can trademark a phrase or name for use in merchandise. You can't trademark the album title itself to protect it from other artists naming their album the same.

The way I understand it, here's a hypothetical situation:

- The GNR album is called "Stay Of Execution"
- GNR trademark the phrase "Stay Of Execution" for use on t-shirts, touring merch etc.
- Another band releases an album called "Stay Of Execution"
- GNR can't prohibit that from happening because their trademark doesn't cover album titles.
- The other band will have limitations when creating their merch connected to their "Stay Of Execution" album, because GNR have a trademark on that phrase.

Sweetness is a virtue
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #5277 on: April 02, 2015, 01:28:45 PM »

Sounds like a great title for the second half of Chinese...by releasing that under the Gnr banner, he is giving "Gnr" the brand a "stay of execution"......

In cases where the death penalty has been imposed, a stay of execution is often sought to defer the execution of the convicted person

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Sosso
VIP

« Reply #5278 on: April 02, 2015, 01:49:39 PM »

Maybe the new album title is at the same time the title song?

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #5279 on: April 02, 2015, 01:59:41 PM »

Is that how Axl feels about his career?  The public and media were ready to "execute" him and th band, but not so fast, he's coming back strong  ok

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: