Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:42:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1679182 times)
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5220 on: February 12, 2015, 08:17:03 PM »

I do not agree. I see Appetite crosses all over. I see them worn by a lot of girls whose default music is pop music. I certainly agree with you about the ACDC logo, but I see the crosses virtually as much as the DC shirt.

I actually think I see the crosses more than Metallica shirts.

Two weeks ago, I went to a singles event. The bartender was who was female and 30 had the AFD cross shirt on. I see them a lot in the Northern NJ/NYC area.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #5221 on: February 12, 2015, 08:35:51 PM »

I'm not quite seeing the point of GNR as as "dangerous" band anymore. They USED to be when they were younger and had the original lineup. NOW, Axl is in his 50s and really not dangerous anymore.  Would you really want a guy in his 50s to be dangerous?? Also no one in this band really brings that danger or craziness factor in this lineup. So I think that's a false argument about why Guns shouldn't or couldn't do the Grammys.

With the people we're talking about...perception trumps reality pretty much every time.

The PERCEPTION is that Axl isn't a "good citizen", that he's unpredictable, etc.  The Grammy organizers just wouldn't ask them.

I disagree with perception.Perception is YOUR reality based on your experiences, beliefs, and values. It might not be someone else's reality. Second he was unpredictable. Not anymore.

Well, to use your definition and explanation (whch i dont agree with..lreality is reality): then thats your perception...its not theirs.

And theirs is the one that matters.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #5222 on: February 12, 2015, 08:36:59 PM »

I do not agree. I see Appetite crosses all over. I see them worn by a lot of girls whose default music is pop music. I certainly agree with you about the ACDC logo, but I see the crosses virtually as much as the DC shirt.

Two weeks ago, I went to a singles event. The bartender was who was female and 30 had the AFD cross shirt on. I see them a lot in the Northern NJ/NYC area.

As much as you see the dc logo? No way. Especially not in NYC. Thats just not true.

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5223 on: February 12, 2015, 08:42:47 PM »

FWIW, I've read on mygnr that Kanada has 'heard' 2015 is the year.

They really let that thread go on a long time, huh?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5224 on: February 12, 2015, 09:12:58 PM »

A singles event??  Hahahaha
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #5225 on: February 12, 2015, 09:17:59 PM »

I see nothing wrong with the singles event. I just hope he picked up the bartender.....

Together again,
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5226 on: February 12, 2015, 09:19:59 PM »

I see nothing wrong with the singles event. I just hope he picked up the bartender.....

I see lots wrong with them. 

As every momment  of everyday is a singles event.   There are woman every where. 
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #5227 on: February 12, 2015, 09:42:45 PM »

not women you can live with.....

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5228 on: February 12, 2015, 10:14:15 PM »

not women you can live with.....

Who would ever want to live with a woman!

Once you give up half.  You get jaded. 
mortismurphy
« Reply #5229 on: February 12, 2015, 11:49:11 PM »

Yes, they are all over. I have seen trendy young celebs wearing them in magazines.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5230 on: February 13, 2015, 08:24:36 AM »

I'm not quite seeing the point of GNR as as "dangerous" band anymore. They USED to be when they were younger and had the original lineup. NOW, Axl is in his 50s and really not dangerous anymore.  Would you really want a guy in his 50s to be dangerous?? Also no one in this band really brings that danger or craziness factor in this lineup. So I think that's a false argument about why Guns shouldn't or couldn't do the Grammys.

With the people we're talking about...perception trumps reality pretty much every time.

The PERCEPTION is that Axl isn't a "good citizen", that he's unpredictable, etc.  The Grammy organizers just wouldn't ask them.

I disagree with perception.Perception is YOUR reality based on your experiences, beliefs, and values. It might not be someone else's reality. Second he was unpredictable. Not anymore.

Well, to use your definition and explanation (whch i dont agree with..lreality is reality): then thats your perception...its not theirs.

And theirs is the one that matters.

I learned this through my disability. I was born with a short left arm. I'm  fully independent, work at Bloomberg LP, drive, and own my place. Often times, people will come to me asking if I need help. I could be doing nothing or I could be doing the most simplest task like separating a slice of pizza or putting money into a ticket machine for the subway. It creates a very awkward situation and frustrating a lot of times. What I have learned is that people are viewing in their own minds that I'm struggling. They have that perception due to their own beliefs, experiences, and how society portrays someone with a disability. The reality is that I'm not struggling at all. It might take me time or I have a different way of doing something than most people.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5231 on: February 13, 2015, 08:27:34 AM »

Thanks! ha. I didn't pick her up. She was too busy. Baconman, when you are in your late 30s, it becomes a little harder to meet women
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5232 on: February 13, 2015, 02:44:45 PM »

Thanks! ha. I didn't pick her up. She was too busy. Baconman, when you are in your late 30s, it becomes a little harder to meet women

Damn don't tell me that!   I am 35, so only a couple more years to go for me!   Hahaha. But TheBaconman does just fine with the chicks, so all should be good

Was just giving you a shot dude.  Any method it takes to pick up the babes is fine
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #5233 on: February 13, 2015, 03:39:28 PM »

Found that one:

"Since their initial partnering, the pair has all but slowed down since then, producing 3 remixes for Guns n? Roses from their album Chinese Democracy at the request of Axl Rose - to be released on the upcoming Gn?R remix LP."

http://brainandmelissamusic.com/About

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5234 on: February 13, 2015, 11:46:25 PM »

Found that one:

"Since their initial partnering, the pair has all but slowed down since then, producing 3 remixes for Guns n? Roses from their album Chinese Democracy at the request of Axl Rose - to be released on the upcoming Gn?R remix LP."

http://brainandmelissamusic.com/About

Interesting.  We've discussed a remix album before and I would love to hear those songs in a different light (voice, guitar, style, tempo, etc).  Hopefully an album of new material along with it.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5235 on: April 01, 2015, 03:02:24 PM »

Ok, so I got to give credit to ChineseIRS over at mygnr for providing this piece of info. Thanks  ok

Apparently Axl has filed a trademark claim for the name "Stay of Execution"

Digging a bit into this, I found a trademark search engine on the web and found this:

https://trademarks.justia.com/863/02/stay-of-86302577.html

It was filed on June 6th, 2014 and is still pending.

It is filed under a category which covers:

Digital media, namely, pre-recorded DVDs, downloadable audio and video recordings, and CDs featuring and promoting music; Pre-recorded CDs, video tapes, laser disks and DVDs featuring music

To me, not being an expert on this, it's a broad category that could include any of the above mediums.

Could it be we might have a potential album name?  Shocked

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #5236 on: April 01, 2015, 03:16:53 PM »

well its a badass name...

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #5237 on: April 01, 2015, 03:16:59 PM »

Ok, so I got to give credit to ChineseIRS over at mygnr for providing this piece of info. Thanks  ok

Apparently Axl has filed a trademark claim for the name "Stay of Execution"

Digging a bit into this, I found a trademark search engine on the web and found this:

https://trademarks.justia.com/863/02/stay-of-86302577.html

It was filed on June 6th, 2014 and is still pending.

It is filed under a category which covers:

Digital media, namely, pre-recorded DVDs, downloadable audio and video recordings, and CDs featuring and promoting music; Pre-recorded CDs, video tapes, laser disks and DVDs featuring music

To me, not being an expert on this, it's a broad category that could include any of the above mediums.

Could it be we might have a potential album name?  Shocked

Amazing if true... any talk or whisper of an album name has got to be a good sign...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5238 on: April 01, 2015, 03:29:22 PM »

Amazing if true... any talk or whisper of an album name has got to be a good sign...

God damn right.

And look at the timing.  Done right at the end of touring, when he was already talking about looking at what they would do going forward.  So we know that's where his head was at.

I like it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #5239 on: April 01, 2015, 03:43:44 PM »

https://trademarks.justia.com/742/95/guns-n-roses-74295264.html

There is one name on that page that I know...
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: