Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:47:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1679225 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5200 on: February 12, 2015, 04:26:22 PM »

If it had been any other awards show (except for jarmos obvious hatred and lack of respect for the amazing kids choice awards :p ), it probably would have....

Grammys can be a sore subject...esp for me. Admittedly. Too much personal "stuff"...similar to my stance on the major label system.

Yeah, you had some pretty major stuff simmering under the surface, it seems.

Its all good.  We all have things that fire us up.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5201 on: February 12, 2015, 04:27:28 PM »

But I thought you two envisioned some sort of connection between, the live performers, and the nominees. Jarmo's argument was, that Guns would never play because they did not win their nominated categories in the early-1990s.

The connection I made, between not winning and performance is: There's no history between the organization and GN'R, because GN'R never won anything. Simple.
And that's not the only reason I think the Grammy Awards wouldn't be the most obvious choice. It's all there in my posts. If you read what I've posted..... Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #5202 on: February 12, 2015, 04:30:42 PM »

And I don't claim a preference based system, anywhere.  I haven't seen jarmo do so, either. Not specifically levied against the voting.

You are switching your beliefs between every reply now! You yourself posted about them favouring hipster-t-shirt bands. Jarmo seems to find something odd about them not voting 'the biggest band in the world' in, and mentioned political bias against stuff like the One In A Million controversy! Metallica's success at the Grammys has been cited, the argument being, that Metallica are a 'favourite' which gains them the votes.

Thats not voting, my friend. Notice the qualifier right there at the end of that line you quoted. Different discussion tangent, same topic thread.  That was in relation to who gets picked to perform (as was my metallica comments) on the show. True for all that. Hell, even you agreed there was preference there...your basis for that preference was just different (popularity/sales).

Try to keep up. Wink i know its confusing with all the tangent convos going on in the same place. I'm not changing positions....you are changing tangents.

But I thought you two envisioned some sort of connection between, the live performers, and the nominees. Jarmo's argument was, that Guns would never play because they did not win their nominated categories in the early-1990s.

Don't shoot the messenger! It is your (the two of you) argument I am reciting here.

Nope. Point to where i specifically  made that connection between the two discussions? Thats what i mean....you're combining the two discussions where nobody else has.

We have my argument about who gets selected to perform.

You have jarmos argument about why they might say no. Its a question, for not winning, of having no strong connection to them (unlike, say,the vmas). Not a question of being screwed out of the win.

I'm not even arguing jarmos point, keep in mind. I just understand what hes putting on the page.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 04:34:09 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5203 on: February 12, 2015, 04:31:12 PM »

Even now....i suspect there is some ill will over "niggers and faggots" amongst many in the grammy sphere.  Even after the explanations and apologies.

I wrote a paper on the song in college.  It was for a marketing class.

We had to take something that didn't really land and explain how we'd have launched it differently.

I pitched that song, but released as a satire.  That what Axl was really saying in the verses was just stuff ignorant people say.  And the chorus was a satire on those ignorant people, suggesting that they are misguided thinking they are special, or "one in a million".

I got a B+.  Professor gave me a note that said the point could have been made with less abrasive language.  I actually talked to him after the class, explaining that song was already written as is, and I thought we were just supposed to take something that was launched as is and explain how we could have salvaged it.

He didn't budge though.  Dickhead.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5204 on: February 12, 2015, 04:32:56 PM »

And that's not the only reason I think the Grammy Awards wouldn't be the most obvious choice. It's all there in my posts. If you read what I've posted..... Smiley

But you pretty consistently rejected that he just wouldn't feel like it.  Like that couldn't have even been in the running.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #5205 on: February 12, 2015, 04:33:27 PM »

If it had been any other awards show (except for jarmos obvious hatred and lack of respect for the amazing kids choice awards :p ), it probably would have....

Grammys can be a sore subject...esp for me. Admittedly. Too much personal "stuff"...similar to my stance on the major label system.

Yeah, you had some pretty major stuff simmering under the surface, it seems.

Its all good.  We all have things that fire us up.

Just some eyes on the inner workings, a lot of anecdotal stories from those that work in the industry....not pretty stuff. A lot of friendships and connections from early professional career. I hear/heard a lot of venting and evil stories...they'd make your hair curl.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 04:41:38 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5206 on: February 12, 2015, 04:39:07 PM »

But you pretty consistently rejected that he just wouldn't feel like it.  Like that couldn't have even been in the running.

If you don't feel like it, there's a reason for it. If I ask you to do something, and you say "I don't feel like it", then I can ask "Why?". That's the reason for not doing it.

I don't buy the "Axl doesn't do stuff just because he doesn't feel like it" theory. Every decision has at least one reason. If you don't feel like doing something, there's a reason for that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5207 on: February 12, 2015, 04:42:11 PM »

I said I can see why GN'R Lies didn't win. It's kinda controversial. Agree? Is that a conspiracy or agenda. No. Just a fact.

Very valid, no doubt.  That song was pretty ill received at the time.

Even now....i suspect there is some ill will over "niggers and faggots" amongst many in the grammy sphere.  Even after the explanations and apologies.

There is a inner circle in Hollywood and music that is part of the Grammies and oscars

Just looked at what happend to Mel gibsons career after is rant about Jews.   The guy went on a drunken crazy rant that got caught on tape and has been blackballed from the Hollywood community by the insiders

So was there some hate towards the band for some lyrics of that song at the time.  Ya mb there was
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #5208 on: February 12, 2015, 04:45:17 PM »

i enjoy TV performances/Pro-Shots every few years or even each (different) tour.
Never give a s*it about Grammys or Music Awards though, but they're are in the RNRHOF for AFD/UYI!!!! thats a very nice one to have for fans in general - though unfortunately 2 ruined that.

Re-Union time, baby!!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5209 on: February 12, 2015, 04:48:50 PM »

If you don't feel like it, there's a reason for it. If I ask you to do something, and you say "I don't feel like it", then I can ask "Why?". That's the reason for not doing it.

I don't buy the "Axl doesn't do stuff just because he doesn't feel like it" theory. Every decision has at least one reason. If you don't feel like doing something, there's a reason for that.

Yeah, and "I don't feel like going to that bullshit because I hate it" is a reason.  And a valid one.  Who here hasn't said that in their lives, about any number of things?

Aren't you always telling us he does what wants, when he wants, and we should shut the fuck up and accept it?  Because, in this example, I'm not even disagreeing with that stance.  Dude doesn't want to go, he doesn't want to go.  He doesn't owe anyone a further answer. 

Can I assume you are so dug in here because you think that somehow paints Axl in a bad light?  That tends to be when you feel the need to "correct the record".

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5210 on: February 12, 2015, 05:46:23 PM »

Yeah, and "I don't feel like going to that bullshit because I hate it" is a reason.  And a valid one.  Who here hasn't said that in their lives, about any number of things?

Yeah, sure you can say that. But then there's a reason for the hate!

Aren't you always telling us he does what wants, when he wants, and we should shut the fuck up and accept it?  Because, in this example, I'm not even disagreeing with that stance.  Dude doesn't want to go, he doesn't want to go.  He doesn't owe anyone a further answer. 

Can I assume you are so dug in here because you think that somehow paints Axl in a bad light?  That tends to be when you feel the need to "correct the record".

Doing what you want, and when you want to, doesn't exclude the fact that doing what you want, and when you do it, have reason(s)....

It doesn't paint him in bad light. He does what he wants. It shows integrity.
If anything, it paints you in bad light since you're not interested in opening your mind to the possibility that there's more to the picture than "oh, he doesn't feel like it".

So from now on, you shouldn't question anything because in your opinion the answer to everything is "Axl does what he wants." Glad we got this sorted! Cheesy  Wink

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5211 on: February 12, 2015, 06:48:11 PM »

If anything, it paints you in bad light since you're not interested in opening your mind to the possibility that there's more to the picture than "oh, he doesn't feel like it".

I think what you are saying could be possible, sure.  I also think its possible, and frankly, more likely, that it could be what I said.

I am under no obligation to frantically spin as many alternate theories as I can if it means (gasp!) not having to acknowledge he can be rather difficult a lot of the time. 

I can say that out loud, no problem.  I didn't start following this guy 5 minutes ago.  I know you didn't either, but a lot of your stuff would likely play better to someone that did.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5212 on: February 12, 2015, 06:53:07 PM »

I'm under no obligation to post anything I don't want to. My opinion differs from yours. It's obvious. While you believe that it's because I'm told to think a certain way, I know it's because of our different lives.

Just letting you know that the idea you have of Axl in your mind might be somewhat simplistic.

But sometimes it's easier to just go "Axl didn't do it because it's how he is" instead of finding the answer(s).
You always got that to fall back on. Doesn't mean that's the real absolute truth though.  And that's my point. peace

/jarmo

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5213 on: February 12, 2015, 06:59:20 PM »

Back to what we want to hear on the new album

I want to hear more songs with whistling.   

Axl has a great whistle.  Some of guns best songs have a whistle in them.  Nothing better than driving and whistling over top of the songs being played

Bring back the whistle!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5214 on: February 12, 2015, 07:01:04 PM »

But sometimes it's easier to just go "Axl didn't do it because it's how he is" instead of finding the answer(s).
You always got that to fall back on. Doesn't mean that's the real absolute truth though.  And that's my point. peace

But sometimes, it is.  And that's OK.

Its not always a big misunderstanding.  Life isn't 'Three's Company'.  

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5215 on: February 12, 2015, 07:02:12 PM »

Axl has a great whistle.  Some of guns best songs have a whistle in them.  Nothing better than driving and whistling over top of the songs being played

Bring back the whistle!

Best whistler ever, p4p.

I'm sure we've all whistled along with him in the car and hit a flat note.  Or just air.

I can't think of one live version of 'Patience' where he fucks it up though.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5216 on: February 12, 2015, 07:06:02 PM »

Bring back the whistle!

Or Axl on the kazoo!  Cheesy

Love the ending of Human Being.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #5217 on: February 12, 2015, 07:09:07 PM »

Bring back the whistle!

Agreed, love Axl's whistling

FWIW, I've read on mygnr that Kanada has 'heard' 2015 is the year.

This is probably old but, let's hope the man is right!

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #5218 on: February 12, 2015, 07:15:09 PM »

Bring back the whistle!

I really need the return of the cowbell. I miss it.

Together again,
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5219 on: February 12, 2015, 08:08:30 PM »

I'm not quite seeing the point of GNR as as "dangerous" band anymore. They USED to be when they were younger and had the original lineup. NOW, Axl is in his 50s and really not dangerous anymore.  Would you really want a guy in his 50s to be dangerous?? Also no one in this band really brings that danger or craziness factor in this lineup. So I think that's a false argument about why Guns shouldn't or couldn't do the Grammys.

With the people we're talking about...perception trumps reality pretty much every time.

The PERCEPTION is that Axl isn't a "good citizen", that he's unpredictable, etc.  The Grammy organizers just wouldn't ask them.

I disagree with perception.Perception is YOUR reality based on your experiences, beliefs, and values. It might not be someone else's reality. Second he was unpredictable. Not anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: