Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:14:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1679458 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5180 on: February 12, 2015, 03:34:25 PM »

I assume there was heaving drinking at the voting meeting that year.

They have a meeting?

I'm just asking since I thought it was done differently. Maybe you know how it works and can enlighten us. Smiley

/jarmo

Go away.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5181 on: February 12, 2015, 04:00:49 PM »

They have a meeting?

I'm just asking since I thought it was done differently. Maybe you know how it works and can enlighten us. Smiley

/jarmo

Go away.

What are you, eight?  hihi
So is this your way of saying you really don't know?

Besides, takes a special kind to tell whoever created the site to go away..... Get down from that heap. ok

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 04:02:25 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5182 on: February 12, 2015, 04:01:57 PM »

Man, are you bad at this.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
mortismurphy
« Reply #5183 on: February 12, 2015, 04:03:50 PM »

And I don't claim a preference based system, anywhere.  I haven't seen jarmo do so, either. Not specifically levied against the voting.

You are switching your beliefs between every reply now! You yourself posted about them favouring hipster-t-shirt bands. Jarmo seems to find something odd about them not voting 'the biggest band in the world' in, and mentioned political bias against stuff like the One In A Million controversy! Metallica's success at the Grammys has been cited, the argument being, that Metallica are a 'favourite' which gains them the votes.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #5184 on: February 12, 2015, 04:08:26 PM »

In case anyone actually wonders:

Artists and labels submit any/all material they think is worthy of nomination. No limit to how much/many, as long as they meet the reqs.

Experts wcreen for eligbility and then categorize it all.

Ballots are sent out to all the dues paying members. Top vote getters are nominated.

After noms, second ballot is sent out to the dues paying membership. Top vote getter wins

There are some special nom procedures for some of the specialty cats...basically those cone directly from specialty appointed committees.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5185 on: February 12, 2015, 04:08:37 PM »

Man, are you bad at this.

Answer the question. This isn't about me, in case you didn't notice. I asked you a simple question and you can't seem to comprehend that.
So make a choice, either stick to talking about the subject, or be gone. It's simple.

Go play your silly games elsewhere.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5186 on: February 12, 2015, 04:11:17 PM »

Answer the question. This isn't about me, in case you didn't notice. I asked you a simple question and you can't seem to comprehend that.
So make a choice, either stick to talking about the subject, or be gone. It's simple.

Go play your silly games elsewhere.

There is a chance, and I'd argue a pretty good chance...

Indeed.

But I do believe that was also the year Jethro Tull beat Metallica.

...this was a light hearted jokey post.  I certainly don't think you can rule it out.

I can't think of a reason anyone would try to pick a fight over it, unless they just wanted to pick a fight.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #5187 on: February 12, 2015, 04:12:54 PM »

And I don't claim a preference based system, anywhere.  I haven't seen jarmo do so, either. Not specifically levied against the voting.

You are switching your beliefs between every reply now! You yourself posted about them favouring hipster-t-shirt bands. Jarmo seems to find something odd about them not voting 'the biggest band in the world' in, and mentioned political bias against stuff like the One In A Million controversy! Metallica's success at the Grammys has been cited, the argument being, that Metallica are a 'favourite' which gains them the votes.

Thats not voting, my friend. Notice the qualifier right there at the end of that line you quoted. Different discussion tangent, same topic thread.  That was in relation to who gets picked to perform (as was my metallica comments) on the show. True for all that. Hell, even you agreed there was preference there...your basis for that preference was just different (popularity/sales).

Try to keep up. Wink i know its confusing with all the tangent convos going on in the same place. I'm not changing positions....you are changing tangents.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 04:14:34 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5188 on: February 12, 2015, 04:14:29 PM »

Try to keep up. Wink i know its confusing with all the tangent convos going on in the same place. I'm not changing positions....you are changing tangents.

It ain't easy.  You guys are all over the joint, haha.

I've tried like 3 or 4 times to jump in here, only to lose track of the argument.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5189 on: February 12, 2015, 04:14:44 PM »

...this was a light hearted jokey post.  I certainly don't think you can rule it out.

I can't think of a reason anyone would try to pick a fight over it, unless they just wanted to pick a fight.

Ok, so it was all a joke. I apologize. I truly assumed you knew how the system works. I'm not 100% sure. Which is why I asked.

Your smart ass remarks to go away are lame, no matter what.  ok

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5190 on: February 12, 2015, 04:16:02 PM »

Ok, so it was all a joke. I apologize. I truly assumed you knew how the system works. I'm not 100% sure. Which is why I asked.

Uh-huh.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #5191 on: February 12, 2015, 04:16:38 PM »

It ain't easy.  You guys are all over the joint, haha.

I've tried like 3 or 4 times to jump in here, only to lose track of the argument.

Yeah, directions keep getting changed to pirouette around. And there are like 3 differen discussions piled on each other.
A) who gets to perform
B) who gets voted for
C) gnr noms/potential snubs in the late 80s.

Together again,
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5192 on: February 12, 2015, 04:17:09 PM »

Jarmo seems to find something odd about them not voting 'the biggest band in the world' in, and mentioned political bias against stuff like the One In A Million controversy!

I said I can see why GN'R Lies didn't win. It's kinda controversial. Agree? Is that a conspiracy or agenda. No. Just a fact.

If you claim there was no controversy regarding that song, and the album it's on. Fine. Live in that bubble.
But don't twist and turn my words trying to paint a picture that's a result of your own imagination.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5193 on: February 12, 2015, 04:19:38 PM »

Yeah, directions keep getting changed to pirouette around. And there are like 3 differen discussions piled on each other.
A) who gets to perform
B) who gets voted for

Yeah, but inevitable at a place where there tend to only be like, 3 active threads all day.  Things become something of a mish mash.  It happens.

I think there are some interesting things being discussed here, on both sides.  But I'm just sort of an observer on this one, for now.

Although, I am absolutely sorry I ever threw out the Grammy thing to begin with.  I did so in hopes of changing the subject and lightening the mood. 

Not so much, it would appear.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5194 on: February 12, 2015, 04:20:51 PM »

I said I can see why GN'R Lies didn't win. It's kinda controversial. Agree? Is that a conspiracy or agenda. No. Just a fact.

Very valid, no doubt.  That song was pretty ill received at the time.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #5195 on: February 12, 2015, 04:23:13 PM »

A) who gets to perform
B) who gets voted for

Yeah, but inevitable at a place where there tend to only be like, 3 active threads all day.  Things become something of a mish mash.  It happens.

I think there are some interesting things being discussed here, on both sides.  But I'm just sort of an observer on this one, for now.

Although, I am absolutely sorry I ever threw out the Grammy thing to begin with.  I did so in hopes of changing the subject and lightening the mood. 

Not so much, it would appear.

If it had been any other awards show (except for jarmos obvious hatred and lack of respect for the amazing kids choice awards :p ), it probably would have....

Grammys can be a sore subject...esp for me. Admittedly. Too much personal "stuff"...similar to my stance on the major label system.

Together again,
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5196 on: February 12, 2015, 04:23:49 PM »

Exactly. So it's not surprising that the album didn't win and they chose Living Color instead. Does that mean I think there's an anti-GN'R agenda or conspiracy at work? No. Just common sense.

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #5197 on: February 12, 2015, 04:24:10 PM »

Thats not voting, my friend. Notice the qualifier right there at the end of that line you quoted. Different discussion tangent, same topic thread.  That was in relation to who gets picked to perform (as was my metallica comments) on the show. True for all that. Hell, even you agreed there was preference there...your basis for that preference was just different (popularity/sales).

But I thought you two envisioned some sort of connection between, the live performers, and the nominees. Jarmo's argument was, that Guns would never play because they did not win their nominated categories in the early-1990s.

Don't shoot the messenger! It is your (the two of you) argument I am reciting here.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5198 on: February 12, 2015, 04:25:22 PM »

Jarmo seems to find something odd about them not voting 'the biggest band in the world' in, and mentioned political bias against stuff like the One In A Million controversy!

If you claim there was no controversy regarding that song, and the album it's on. Fine. Live in that bubble.
But don't twist and turn my words trying to paint a picture that's a result of your own imagination.

/jarmo

Do a couple of great songs on a 8 track album make for a great award winning album

I like the album.  But in no way is it award winning

I think patience is a all time great song.  And an argument could be made that it could be award winning.

But the album as a whole is just to short.  Has some good tracks, but doesn't flow   One all time great song but the album is too short.  
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #5199 on: February 12, 2015, 04:25:42 PM »

Even now....i suspect there is some ill will over "niggers and faggots" amongst many in the grammy sphere.  Even after the explanations and apologies.

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: