Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:47:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1679712 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5000 on: February 10, 2015, 06:05:15 PM »

Jarmo, you're tight with TB, any rumblings that 2015 is in fact the plan?

I haven't heard anything about any plan(s), but neither have I heard anything about something not being the plan.....
In other words, I can't confirm or deny any possible plans!  hihi
Sorry.

Personally, speaking rationally, it's February. I'm not gonna rule out anything.

/jarmo

Well, without reading into anything, I'll take your optimism as a good a sign.  There's no harm in staying positive, and the little we do know is all good.  

Here's hoping!!  ok
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5001 on: February 10, 2015, 06:07:48 PM »

Just when G n' R fans thought they are stuck with past Gun's N Roses albums, they are in for a treat this 2015! Guns N' Roses guitarist DJ Ashba confirmed with Legendary Rock Interviews that 2015 will be a productive year for the band, possibly going on tour and recording a new album.

Nothing like a site recycling an interview from September 2014 in February 2015!

/jarmo

Yep...This is very old.
mortismurphy
« Reply #5002 on: February 10, 2015, 08:36:39 PM »

I would have thought the VMAs have a similar crowd and vibe as the Grammies and they played the VMAs.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #5003 on: February 10, 2015, 09:06:49 PM »

I would have thought the VMAs have a similar crowd and vibe as the Grammies and they played the VMAs.

Nope. Different vibe, different atmosphere, different make up of attendees. You'll see SOME of the same faces..lsure...but not all. Not nearly so stuffy and strait laced, doesnt take itself nearly as seriously, and isnt geared to stroke the egos, and bolster the self worth, of the pop music scene, almost entirely.

Very, very different....and a much more eclectic musical bent and influence, historically, too, with the vmas..with a lot more rock influences.

It's actually the anti-grammies, imho.

AND there is gnr history with the vmas, stretching a long way back, that makes it more appealing.

As an aside, the grammy people would be mortified to see you saying they are the equivalent to the vmas. Come to think of it...the vma folks might be equally offended....
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 09:21:26 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #5004 on: February 10, 2015, 09:14:29 PM »

To add: the grammies are the pompous windbag hipster older brother from the rich family, who thinks his shit dont stink, and every word he says is the most important in human history. He likes that people think he likes ac/dc. Whether he does is actually irrelevant.

The vmas are the rebellious younger brother, with the dirty, self-depricatng, sense of humor, who's been dis-inherited because he reflects badly on the family. He fucking loves to listen to ac/dc while he lights up a bowl with his friends.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 09:18:30 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #5005 on: February 10, 2015, 09:38:44 PM »

Have Axl play Saturday NIght Live

The audience there is much more geared towards gnr and the responce would be very possitive

That was one of my biggest hopes for when CD was released. Imagine if they had an awesome host for that night like Bryan Cranston or Seth Rogen.. Ladies and gentlemen, Guns N' Roses... intro to Better starts.. smoking

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #5006 on: February 10, 2015, 11:11:08 PM »

I am still hoping for an sequel from Estranged.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
mortismurphy
« Reply #5007 on: February 11, 2015, 03:04:59 AM »

Nope. Different vibe, different atmosphere, different make up of attendees. You'll see SOME of the same faces..lsure...but not all. Not nearly so stuffy and strait laced, doesnt take itself nearly as seriously, and isnt geared to stroke the egos, and bolster the self worth, of the pop music scene, almost entirely.

Very, very different....and a much more eclectic musical bent and influence, historically, too, with the vmas..with a lot more rock influences.

It's actually the anti-grammies, imho.

AND there is gnr history with the vmas, stretching a long way back, that makes it more appealing.

As an aside, the grammy people would be mortified to see you saying they are the equivalent to the vmas. Come to think of it...the vma folks might be equally offended....

I don't agree - at least in terms of this argument here, that Axl playing the VMAs is unrelated to him playing the Grammys. The 2014 VMAs featured Beyonce, Miley Cyrus and Jay Z. The 2015 Grammys featured all those three. Same celebs, same people, same - oddball - collaborations, same wishy washy ''I would like to thank gawwd'' acceptance speeches.
Princess Leia
« Reply #5008 on: February 11, 2015, 04:36:00 AM »

Just when G n' R fans thought they are stuck with past Gun's N Roses albums, they are in for a treat this 2015! Guns N' Roses guitarist DJ Ashba confirmed with Legendary Rock Interviews that 2015 will be a productive year for the band, possibly going on tour and recording a new album.

Nothing like a site recycling an interview from September 2014 in February 2015!

/jarmo

I agree 100% Smile, it?s you lucky day  Grin
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #5009 on: February 11, 2015, 08:30:57 AM »

It's not just the Grammys they could play...people have mentioned a lot of other good opportunities.  SNL, Letterman, Kimmel, Conan, Stern (pipe dream), all of those would be great for the band to play, unless they have all wronged him like the Grammys.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5010 on: February 11, 2015, 09:38:32 AM »

It's not just the Grammys they could play...people have mentioned a lot of other good opportunities.  SNL, Letterman, Kimmel, Conan, Stern (pipe dream), all of those would be great for the band to play, unless they have all wronged him like the Grammys.

Hahahaha

It's a near full time job coming up with reasons they cannot do any of these things.

It half funny, but half sad, that the reflexive answer to any of this stuff is to dismiss it.  Then come up with, not only reasons they should not...but also how those reasons are the height of nobility.

If they don't want to do something, fine.  Just say that.  Do we always have to go with how he's fighting the good an righteous fight?  Can't we just be honest and say he doesn't want to do it?  Must we always church it up?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
AXLRIVERS
Headliner

« Reply #5011 on: February 11, 2015, 10:34:11 AM »

Most of the award shows bookers probably dont see GnRs 'pull' anymore anyway so wont invite them to such awards. Nothin against Guns but its all about pop and rnb stars right now.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #5012 on: February 11, 2015, 10:45:28 AM »

Most of the award shows bookers probably dont see GnRs 'pull' anymore anyway so wont invite them to such awards. Nothin against Guns but its all about pop and rnb stars right now.

Except AC/DC this year and Metallica last year.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5013 on: February 11, 2015, 10:59:58 AM »

Except AC/DC this year and Metallica last year.

Yeah, I don't understand how people just gloss over that.

And I totally didn't follow what pilferk was trying to say with AC/DC being the go-to for rock cred, or whatever.  They were there because they have a new album out and went to play one of their new songs.

I'm unclear why GNR could not (at least theoretically) do the same thing this time next year if an album is out.  I don't see what's different.

Now, in my heart of hearts, I know Axl would probably rather remove one of his eyes with a fork than play such a show.  And that's fine.  But let's just say that. 

Do we really have to go into high spin mode and craft some tale how he's making some statement?  Why?  If doesn't want to, he doesn't want to.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5014 on: February 11, 2015, 11:15:18 AM »

It half funny, but half sad, that the reflexive answer to any of this stuff is to dismiss it.  Then come up with, not only reasons they should not...but also how those reasons are the height of nobility.

It's 100% sad that you still can't seem to grasp the reality of the discussion and instead have to retort to your usual lame ass routine. What are you, eight?

You come up with the idea of GN'R at the Grammys (not very original), somebody dares to point out why it's not exactly the most obvious choice in their opinion, and this is ridiculed by you to no end.

You got nothing to fall back on. Grammys are shown on TV and lots of people watch it. Is that the reason?
Like I said, we're lucky you weren't watching the Kids Choice Awards.

Could GN'R play at he Grammys? Yes. That's not the point.
GN'R appearances at the Grammy Awards: 0
GN'R at the VMAs: 4 (or 5 if you include Axl introducing The Killers)

How about that track record?  Kiss

You guys managed to disregard all the points brought up to you to explain the reasoning for the opinion. Something I don't think registered with you. As usual....

Which part of this is not true? The Grammy Awards never really acknowledged GN'R during the band's existence and is out of touch regarding the genre GN'R usually gets labeled in.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 11:21:48 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5015 on: February 11, 2015, 11:34:02 AM »

Which part of this is not true? The Grammy Awards never really acknowledged GN'R during the band's existence and is out of touch regarding the genre GN'R usually gets labeled in.

Where Are They Now?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5016 on: February 11, 2015, 11:39:41 AM »

You come up with the idea of GN'R at the Grammys (not very original), somebody dares to point out why it's not exactly the most obvious choice in their opinion, and this is ridiculed by you to no end.

I found your reasoning dubious.  Don't overthink it.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5017 on: February 11, 2015, 11:47:14 AM »

Dubious in what way?

Have you not paid any attention to anything that's happened with GN'R regarding attending award shows in the past?
The champion of the track record somehow manages to disregard the same in this case. Ironic.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5018 on: February 11, 2015, 11:51:46 AM »

Dubious in what way?

Dubious in the sense that the reason to not play an awards show is because "they never exactly promoted GNR".  I don't think that's a factor.

I find it far more likely he just would not want to do it.  He doesn't want to do a lot of things.  I'm unclear why we can't just leave it there.

For the record, I don't think there is a hope in hell of him doing this.  I simply threw it out there as something else to talk about. 

That you saw the need to turn it into yet another fight, well, I can't control that.  You seem want to go to the mattresses over every god damn thing lately.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #5019 on: February 11, 2015, 12:00:50 PM »

As far as the AC/DC connection  to playing at the Grammy's and Metallica for that matter, both of those bands were invited to ply because they were past Grammy winners, ...why would the Grammy's invite GNR, its not like your publicist or anything is gonna get you the gig, you have to be invited by the Grammy's themselves, and all that do perform at one time or another were winners, or at least nominees.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: