Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:37:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1680208 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4960 on: February 10, 2015, 12:25:29 PM »

Wouldn't hurt to use them for promotion though.

But it's still an award show that has never exactly promoted GN'R!

So what?

You fret over the goofiest things.

It's like certain magazines. You think it would make sense for Axl to call them and ask for an interview. Well, that's all correct if you live in a world of unicorns, fluffy clouds and rainbows. Some of these are the same magazines who've spent years publishing sensationalistic garbage.

Like those bastards at 'Rolling Stone' that gave the leaks glowing reviews and then gave the album a good one as well?

Yeah, fuck those guys.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #4961 on: February 10, 2015, 12:26:13 PM »

Is it true though that the label was trying to reach Axl, but he did not make himself available?  Not sure what came first, and seems like both sides played hardball. 

I also wonder....how many of Axl's requests for marketing information were getting through management.

I'm sure some...because that's something you bring up at the face to face meetings and conference calls, directly.  And he said they'd been asking for 5 years.

But..if Axl was asking management to "nag" Universal for that info...I wonder if they really did.

I suspect NOT.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4962 on: February 10, 2015, 12:47:50 PM »

So what?

That's your problem. You only see what makes sense to you. Everything else is ridiculed.

Like those bastards at 'Rolling Stone' that gave the leaks glowing reviews and then gave the album a good one as well?

Oh, you showed me!  crying

What a predictable response. You can't show me that I'm wrong, so you try to ridicule the point.
Yet, RS didn't get any Axl interviews since the album came out.... Revolver, Billboard, LA Times did though.

Trying to explain anything to you is met with the same tactic. Ridicule and generalize.
Because as long as it makes sense to your idea of how business works, then it must be true for Axl and GN'R.

Climb down from your mountain of dung already.  Wink

Yeah but Jarmo it's something you kind of have to do regardless. Its a win / win situation for both. The Grammys get there ratings bump from having GNR perform and GNR gets the airtime for promotion.

I think there would be other things that might be better suited for GN'R than the Grammys.

P.S: Would love to see Kanye try to jump on stage if GNR ever won album of the year.

Haha!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4963 on: February 10, 2015, 01:05:06 PM »

So what?

That's your problem. You only see what makes sense to you. Everything else is ridiculed.

Its just a strange stance.  Calm down.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4964 on: February 10, 2015, 01:25:55 PM »

Beck writes every note and plays every instrument on his albums and beyonce needs 20 people to write one song worth of lyrics and plays no instrument... but she is the REAL artist....lol

fellas... Neither of you are ever going to give an inch so both of you telling the other person that they are stubborn is really laughable... as Pilferk pointed out.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4965 on: February 10, 2015, 01:30:15 PM »

Its just a strange stance.  Calm down.

Strange to you.
Which is expected since we're talking about Axl and GN'R.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4966 on: February 10, 2015, 01:32:49 PM »

fellas... Neither of you are ever going to give an inch so both of you telling the other person that they are stubborn is really laughable... as Pilferk pointed out.

I'm just talking about issues.

I don't take many personal shots at him.  And its not because I can't think of any, believe me.

I feel you sacrifice credibility telling people to climb off piles of dung and stick things in orifices.  pilferk and I disagree on a great deal, but do either of us call each other names?  Or course not.  Because this isn't the recess yard and we're not 11.  

You can have a civil discussion even if you disagree...if you want to.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4967 on: February 10, 2015, 01:36:01 PM »

Strange to you.

No, I would think strange to most.

Do all people that perform on an award show use that as a guide?  Not really.  You are either there because you are nominated that night, or you have a new album and/or tour.

They "didn't exactly promote GNR"? What the hell does that even mean?  Its an award show.  Does everyone that performs there have to be one of their darlings?  Of course not.  People perform every year that were never even nominated.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #4968 on: February 10, 2015, 01:45:48 PM »

Strange to you.

No, I would think strange to most.

Do all people that perform on an award show use that as a guide?  Not really.  You are either there because you are nominated that night, or you have a new album and/or tour.

They "didn't exactly promote GNR"? What the hell does that even mean?  Its an award show.  Does everyone that performs there have to be one of their darlings?  Of course not.  People perform every year that were never even nominated.

I would argue that the Grammys, in general, does a shitty job recognizing and promoting rock acts, albums, or material. Especially metal and hard rock.

The awarded TENACIOUS fucking D for best metal performance this year.  There have been some really oddball winners for Hard Rock and Metal categories in the past.

I'd also argue that those watching the grammy's, by and large, are not exactly GnR's target audience, so performing there might not really "do" anything for them.

I'd agree with jarmo, for slighly different reasons: I'm not sure GnR would be a good fit at the Grammys...even less so than at the Superbowl.  I think the Grammys only work in a very narrow, specific, set of circumstances.  And I don't see those occurring any time soon.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 01:49:57 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4969 on: February 10, 2015, 01:49:43 PM »

But couldn't you say all of those same things about AC/DC?

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #4970 on: February 10, 2015, 01:56:23 PM »

But couldn't you say all of those same things about AC/DC?

Nope.

I'd argue they work for AC/DC BECAUSE of who they are, and their relatively popularity among the pop scene.  You see lots of those folks, on stage, and in concert, wearing AC/DC shirts.  They are the go to "cred" band for the pop music scene. And make no mistake: The Grammy's are the pop music scenes mutual masturbation orgy. It's a night for the beautiful people to revel in their own importance.  It's a fun spectacle...and I watch..but I don't confuse it for a meaningful institution anymore.  Your mileage may vary.  I also don't think that performance helped sales of any album (except maybe greatest hits) for AC/DC.

AND, while they are experiencing their first real lineup change since Bon Scott's departure from this plane of existence, they are pretty much the same AC/DC all those people remember.

All of which was true for Metallica, too, when they performed, last year.

I don't think any of those things really works for GnR, or in GnR's favor.

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4971 on: February 10, 2015, 01:59:13 PM »

AND, while they are experiencing their first real lineup change since Bon Scott's departure from this plane of existence, they are pretty much the same AC/DC all those people remember.

All of which was true for Metallica, too, when they performed, last year.

I don't think any of those things really works for GnR, or in GnR's favor.

So are you saying that you feel it would be a detriment for the current band to perform as its not the GNR most people know?

Isn't that sort of thinking a detriment in itself?  How do you ever get past it?

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #4972 on: February 10, 2015, 02:01:58 PM »

So are you saying that you feel it would be a detriment for the current band to perform as its not the GNR most people know?

Isn't that sort of thinking a detriment in itself?  How do you ever get past it?

Nope. I'm saying that's one of the reasons why it works FOR AC/DC and Metallica.

As nostalgia "cred" for the pop music scene in attendance.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 02:10:11 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4973 on: February 10, 2015, 02:24:06 PM »

I don't take many personal shots at him.  

Please stop acting all high and mighty.
Just because you "accidentally" forgot all the snide remarks you made doesn't mean they never happened.

For a person who's so quick to attack and/or ridicule the band, you sure are sensitive about these jokes.

I feel you sacrifice credibility telling people to climb off piles of dung 

I feel it shows how much value the poster puts on your opinions.....

Most people here know that. They are aware of the fact that we as FANS have limited knowledge of all the business sides of things. Therefore they are open in discussions to learn and see new points of view. Some of you, are not. Because apparently you already know "how business works", to use a cliche.
The sooner you understand how little you actually understand, the better. Smiley

I guess I'll spell it out for you since you're not capable to figure it out.

How many times have GN'R been nominated for a Grammy, and a bonus question, how many times did they win?
Also, as it's been pointed out, they have no idea about the hard rock genre to begin with.

Once again, it's on TV. People watch it, GN'R needs to do it, because it makes sense to the experts.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 02:36:20 PM by jarmo » Logged

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #4974 on: February 10, 2015, 02:40:56 PM »

Just because you "accidentally" forgot all the snide remarks you made doesn't mean they never happened.

For a person who's so quick to attack and/or ridicule the band, you sure are sensitive about these jokes.

Most people here know that. They are aware of the fact that we as FANS have limited knowledge of all the business sides of things. Therefore they are open in discussions to learn and see new points of view. Some of you, are not. Because apparently you already know "how business works", to use a cliche.
The sooner you understand how little you actually understand, the better. Smiley

How many times have GN'R been nominated for a Grammy, and a bonus question, how many times did they win?
Also, as it's been pointed out, they have no idea about the hard rock genre to begin with.

Once again, it's on TV. People watch it, GN'R needs to do it, because it makes sense to the experts.

/jarmo

So it's more of the "take your ball and go home" approach.  Yes, Guns n Roses has never won a Grammy...but is that a reason (more than 20 years later) to not perform at the Grammys, if doing so would introduce a whole new audience to the current lineup? 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 02:45:47 PM by Ginger King » Logged
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4975 on: February 10, 2015, 02:45:46 PM »

/jarmo

The Grammies are pretty weird

I would like to see Axl win a lifetime achievement award.

GNR should of won.   Best hard rock and best new writing for afd.   Should of won record and song of the year for sweet child of mine

GNR should of won.  Record and song of the year for November rain. 

Ok now other than that.  What should of gnr been awarded???   They have hardleu released any material at all.  From the early 90s too 2008.  There wasn't much there that you could nominate

So if they had more releases.  you would see more nominations
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4976 on: February 10, 2015, 02:49:20 PM »

/jarmo

So it's more of the "take your ball and go home" approach.  Yes, Guns n Roses has never won a Grammy...but is that a reason (more than 20 years later) to not perform at the Grammys, if doing so would introduce a whole new audience to the current lineup? 

There are a lot better ways to get your music out to a new audience.   Personally I think the Grammies suck.  I personally wouldn't want to be at a gun n roses concert with the type of people that watch the Grammies.    Personally I am sick of seeing Taylor swift sitting in the front row dancing to these stupid performaces.   Personally I am so sick duets.   I remeber when a duet used to be rare and a special performance.  Now every second performace is a duet to a boring song.   Enough is enough. 
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #4977 on: February 10, 2015, 02:51:15 PM »

I think it is laughable that you take yourself so seriously, other than that- I don't care about you and your little opinions.

I care about GNRs.

Show us, don't tell us.

Because this is the second straight day all your posts are about me and not the band you claim to want to talk about.

Introduce a new line of conversation.  Step up.

Step off

You don't know nearly as much as you try to convince people you do.

As long as you keep taking shots at GNR, I will continue to take shots at your lame act.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4978 on: February 10, 2015, 02:53:51 PM »

No. I didn't say that. I painted a picture on WHY I personally think it's not the most obvious choice for a GN'R performance.
Like I said, it's easy to think "TV + viewers -> GN'R needs to play that show".

The original post where it was brought up didn't exactly explain why that would be the best choice. I'm guessing there isn't a reason other than the fact that it's a recent topic. Fair enough.

If that's the case, let's just be grateful it wasn't the Kids Choice Awards. Wink

/jarmo

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #4979 on: February 10, 2015, 02:54:15 PM »

/jarmo

There are a lot better ways to get your music out to a new audience.   Personally I think the Grammies suck.  I personally wouldn't want to be at a gun n roses concert with the type of people that watch the Grammies.    Personally I am sick of seeing Taylor swift sitting in the front row dancing to these stupid performaces.   Personally I am so sick duets.   I remeber when a duet used to be rare and a special performance.  Now every second performace is a duet to a boring song.   Enough is enough. 

I agree, I wouldn't  enjoy seeing GNR in with the Grammy crowd and I don't see where it would benefit or fit them at all.

Would like someone to shut Kanye up at these award shows though, wish Zakk Wylde would win a grammy hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: