Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:37:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1680206 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4940 on: February 10, 2015, 11:24:51 AM »

I think it is laughable that you take yourself so seriously, other than that- I don't care about you and your little opinions.

I care about GNRs.

Show us, don't tell us.

Because this is the second straight day all your posts are about me and not the band you claim to want to talk about.

Introduce a new line of conversation.  Step up.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #4941 on: February 10, 2015, 11:28:35 AM »

As an artist under contract...you have so little influence on the label, and what they decide to do, or not do, it's laughable.  That's reality.

Now, does that excuse him going into a hole and hiding? Not really.

All I'm saying.  

Fine, but realize...even if he hadn't...his options were pretty limited (all things considered).

AND, by the looks of things, his management was in the process of pretty much leaving to run LN/TM.

So.......how much do you blame a guy with very limited options, whose normal communication system/point of contact is fubared, and nothing is working the way it's supposed to, promised to, or you want it to?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4942 on: February 10, 2015, 11:28:54 AM »

Would you guys have wanted to see GNR open the Grammys like AC/DC did the other night?

Not right now, with nothing out.  but this time next year, if the album is out, would you like to see them do such a thing?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4943 on: February 10, 2015, 11:30:52 AM »

Show us, don't tell us.

Sometimes you make it so easy....  Kiss

Can you speak?

Does the label have possession of your vocal chords?  That's one onerous contract if they do.

In your little world, Axl should've done everything on his own without any label support. We get it. He should've promoted the album on his own time and expense to make more money for the label who had no interest in taking part. Yes, we get it. Your winning tactic.

That's not how business works, if you pay any attention to what's been posted, you would know that already. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #4944 on: February 10, 2015, 11:32:17 AM »

Of course, I could take some initiative myself, but...nah, who am I kidding?  That's crazy talk.

I'll just keep waiting for that return e-mail to hold my hand and tell me how to do all this.  In an industry I've been in for 25 years.

Because, honestly, ITS ALL YOU CAN FUCKING DO.

Seriously.

There is no "initiative" you can take.  You can nag them, day after day after day after day..but that's it.

You can't design their marketing plans, spend their money, or use their contacts for them.  You can't.

Can you speak?

Does the label have possession of your vocal chords?  That's one onerous contract if they do.

Pretty fucking much.

Because if you say the WRONG thing, they'll fuck you up the ass with a 2x4.

And, at the end of the day, does speaking end up mattering? What does it do?

It's NOT going to "shame" the label into action. Shit, they've all done worse, been called out on it, and done nothing.

All it does is tell "us" (ie: the hardcore fans listening) what's going on...which might put your mind at ease, but does absolutely fucking nothing to solve the problem.

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4945 on: February 10, 2015, 11:36:14 AM »

Show us, don't tell us.

Sometimes you make it so easy....  Kiss

Her posts are what they are, dude.

Do a post search of her stuff the past few months.  Make 3 piles :

- posts about me
- posts about whiny entitled fans that add nothing to the conversation
- posts about the band she claims she is just dying to talk about

There is obviously some overlap in those first 2 categories, but the third one is going to be miniscule.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #4946 on: February 10, 2015, 11:37:10 AM »

Yes the record company always plays a role good or bad. However why do we know about MIA?s issue? Because she made public. She explained the problems. And that?s the right thing to do.

Unfortunately for us we don?t have any explanation from the GN?R camp. One can always guess that something is wrong. But I?d rather be informed.

Most of us would.

Its a terribly frustrating situation.  We are told nothing.  Yet we are to assume the worst about the label and the best about Axl.  Yes, despite being told nothing.

It tends to come down to how much you worship Axl, from what I see.  If you always see him in the right, you have little problem accepting he's the hero and the label is the villain.  If you like Axl just fine, but find these delays ridiculous, you are probably less likely to accept he's just moving heaven and earth to get shit done, but can't get a break.

And the MIA example is a good one.  Axl would have way more credibility with me (and I suspect, many others) if he gave us similar updates.  It hard to have any credible sympathy for the man without it.

...or, you have enough personal experience, anecdotal information, and have read enough artist stories about the labels to know...the label is often the villain. More than often..usually.

I think there is enough blame to go around, personally.  I think Axl, Azoff, and the label ALL have some blame to shoulder. And I'm not going to ignore any one single piece of that.

And...do you hear any updates out of the label?

You realize..you present the flip side of the coin, right?  You seem to place the blame for EVERYTHING at Axl's feet.  You argue that jarmo is "drinking the kool aid"...but you espouse the EXACT opposite extreme.  It's sometimes amusing to watch you two go back and forth because of it....because I'm sure the irony of those discussions is entirely lost.

Point being: I doubt it's ALL Axl's fault.  I'm sure he played his part..but discounting that there were other factors and influences ALSO in play seems like a disingenuous tact to bolster one's own preconceived notions.  

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4947 on: February 10, 2015, 11:38:46 AM »

Point being: I doubt it's ALL Axl's fault.  I'm sure he played his part..but discounting that there were other factors and influences ALSO in play seems like a disingenuous tact to bolster one's own preconceived notions.  

I agree, I just think he has the most vested interest as it is his career we are talking about here.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4948 on: February 10, 2015, 11:42:22 AM »

Her posts are what they are, dude.

I know. But a person like yourself shouldn't say "show us, don't tell us". Considering you're supposedly a supportive GN'R fan.
You should live by your own quote a bit more.  Cheesy

Would you guys have wanted to see GNR open the Grammys like AC/DC did the other night?

Wouldn't be my personal first choice.
I know they are popular, but so out of touch with reality and time and time again have decided to ignore GN'R....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4949 on: February 10, 2015, 11:45:09 AM »

Wouldn't be my personal first choice.
I know they are popular, but so out of touch with reality and time and time again have decided to ignore GN'R....

Wouldn't hurt to use them for promotion though.

And they'll let you do your new song.  It wasn't like they told them they had to do 'You Shook Me All Night Long'.

As a bonus, if you open the show, you can leave right after.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #4950 on: February 10, 2015, 11:53:04 AM »

Hold on. Axl's marketing plan?
He made the album. The record company is supposed to have a plan on how to market and promote it.
Then, he could come with feedback on whether or not he wants to take part in let's say a TV show or whatever. From my limited understanding, that's the way things usually go.

Once he realized none of that was going to happen. he did some interviews to speak his mind and explain his point of view so those of you wondering why, got your answers.

/jarmo

I can confirm, generally, that's the way it goes.

And add that most personal appearance stuff is coordinated through band management.  Some of that CAN/IS done at the artists (not labels) behest.  EX: The appearances on the late night shows are generally started by label/production company. The "radio junket" (ie: the artist sits in a room and talks to every morning zoo on the planet) is also usually a label/production company initiation.  The "other stuff" is usually the artist. 

Which isn't to say the ARTIST can't do MORE...they can (and often do).

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #4951 on: February 10, 2015, 11:54:55 AM »

I agree, I just think he has the most vested interest as it is his career we are talking about here.

But also the entity (of the 3) with the least amount of options, resources, span of control, and "reach".

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #4952 on: February 10, 2015, 12:00:37 PM »

But, but... Other bands release music.

Wink

/jarmo

Yup.

And other bands/artists bitch about their labels, too. Some publically. Some privately.

The "bigger" you are, I think, the less you bitch...because the better they treat you (or, I should say, the less obvious they are in screwing you).  You are the meal ticket.

The further down the totem pole you go, the worse it gets.  And the drop off is quick, severe, and obvious.

Release dates for some get bumped for that Katy Perry re-release with extra bonus track and realistic boob pop cover.  Royalties get delayed because the "team was working on Beyonce's dog park financing".  As soon as you're not the meal ticket......your basically lunch meat.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #4953 on: February 10, 2015, 12:02:21 PM »

Pilferk, it's a losing battle trying to educate that person about anything.... Just some friendly advice. Wink

/jarmo

To be clear: I'm not trying to edumacate any specific body.

But...I think there needs to be some context for ALL those reading the thread.

Together again,
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #4954 on: February 10, 2015, 12:05:16 PM »

Not right now, with nothing out.  but this time next year, if the album is out, would you like to see them do such a thing?

That would require for them to get there early....I kid, i kid!!

Would prefer for them to close the show like at both of the MTV awards they closed. But like you said with a new song that goes into a classic song.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4955 on: February 10, 2015, 12:06:54 PM »

But it's still an award show that has never exactly promoted GN'R!

It's like certain magazines. You think it would make sense for Axl to call them and ask for an interview. Well, that's all correct if you live in a world of unicorns, fluffy clouds and rainbows. Some of these are the same magazines who've spent years publishing sensationalistic garbage.

Same thing happens in different places. People spend years being disrespectful but are quick to expect Axl to kiss their ass. Doesn't always work like that though.

I get that. It seems that those who are "arguing" obviously have made up their minds a long time ago and have offered little proof of actually being open to any new input on the situation.

/jarmo

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #4956 on: February 10, 2015, 12:10:10 PM »

I'm not talking about any of that.

What publication turns him down for an interview about the relaunch of one of the biggest names in rock?  

No one.

In a perfect world, you cooridinate all this with the label.  When you see they are fucking up, its time for Plan B.

Yup...and what good does that ultimately do vs mass TV and magazine ad buys?  Or radio spots? Or any of the other big pieces to a good marketing campaign.

AND, consider the fact that his normal point of contact for that stuff...his management company...was pretty much in disarray at the same time.

Would they have turned him down? Probably not.  But that interview is only effective when combined with all the other moving parts.  In a vacuum...

But, that's secondary to the discussion.

In short: Plan B sucks.

Together again,
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #4957 on: February 10, 2015, 12:12:35 PM »

Is it true though that the label was trying to reach Axl, but he did not make himself available?  Not sure what came first, and seems like both sides played hardball. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #4958 on: February 10, 2015, 12:15:49 PM »

But it's still an award show that has never exactly promoted GN'R!

It's like certain magazines. You think it would make sense for Axl to call them and ask for an interview. Well, that's all correct if you live in a world of unicorns, fluffy clouds and rainbows. Some of these are the same magazines who've spent years publishing sensationalistic garbage.

Same thing happens in different places. People spend years being disrespectful but are quick to expect Axl to kiss their ass. Doesn't always work like that though.

I get that. It seems that those who are "arguing" obviously have made up their minds a long time ago and have offered little proof of actually being open to any new input on the situation.

/jarmo

Yeah but Jarmo it's something you kind of have to do regardless. Its a win / win situation for both. The Grammys get there ratings bump from having GNR perform and GNR gets the airtime for promotion.

P.S: Would love to see Kanye try to jump on stage if GNR ever won album of the year.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #4959 on: February 10, 2015, 12:21:43 PM »

Is it true though that the label was trying to reach Axl, but he did not make himself available?  Not sure what came first, and seems like both sides played hardball. 

Here's my wholly unfounded speculation:

The label was trying to contact Axl via Azoff's management company, and, more specifically, through Azoff's office.

Azoff, and his company, was currently brokering the Livenation/TM move, and Azoff's ascendancy in such.  

Azoff (et all) was pushing off the label (Mr. Rose is unavailable for contact), to deal with that stuff.  In turn, they are not telling Axl that the label is reaching out.

The label thinks Axl is ducking them.  Axl thinks the label is ducking him.

While I say this is wholly unfounded speculation....if you read the lawsuit filed by Axl vs Azoff...this is pretty much what's implied (and the basis for Axl's allegation that Azoff torpedoed the album launch).

I suspect that part of the "thawing out" between Axl and Universal is all this coming to light, and the two sides comparing notes.

Now, it doesn't excuse EITHER side in not trying alternate contact routes....though both sides are conditioned NOT to make direct contact, without legal rep (in the artists case, that's managment rep) "go between", so that "promises" aren't made and later pulled back from.

So..there you go.

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: