Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:28:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1680689 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4860 on: February 09, 2015, 04:10:18 PM »

Various Universal reps claimed that Axl could not be reached during the time leading up to Chinese Democracy's release.  I honestly wonder why this was.  Was he already aware that things were going South with the promotion and playing hard ball just for the sake of it, or was something deeper going on there than what we're privy to?

My personal OPINION was that it was self sabotage of sorts.

That he had serious doubts about all of this and was unwilling to go balls to the wall and, god forbid, have it fail, all very publically.

If you think about it, CD is not viewed as a flop.  Its certainly not viewed as a success, but its not really viewed as a flop.  In truth, its not regarded as much of anything. 

I personally do not believe, in my OPINION, that Axl was willing to risk a huge public failure to perhaps achieve a big public success.  Better to half ass it and fly under the radar. 

It revises results after the fact.  An album that debuts at #3 moving 261,000 units with no promotion or recognizable single?  That shit is gravy.  Not bad at all.

An album that drops right out of the charts and makes no real impact...hey, ain't no bad day.  It still did well, considering.

But now take those results and suppose you promoted the shit out of it.  Really, really went all out.  Put over the new band, the new material, how excied he was about all of it.  If that's the case, then those results are horrible.  Now, you look like a failure and a fool for trying to do all this the way you did it with a new band, all that time, and all of that.  He wasn't setting himself up for that. 

Ultimately, Axl is a survivor, as we are often told.  Survivors minimize risk and don't take crazy chances.

DX... You know I see eye to eye on you on a bunch of GNR related stuff... but why are you barking up this tree?

Of all the stuff that we recycle... this is the worst topic... because we know so little about what really happened... I have serious doubt about what both sides did... but I think this one we should just let be.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #4861 on: February 09, 2015, 04:11:29 PM »

Various Universal reps claimed that Axl could not be reached during the time leading up to Chinese Democracy's release.  I honestly wonder why this was.  Was he already aware that things were going South with the promotion and playing hard ball just for the sake of it, or was something deeper going on there than what we're privy to?

That he had serious doubts about all of this and was unwilling to go balls to the wall and, god forbid, have it fail, all very publically.

If you think about it, CD is not viewed as a flop.  Its certainly not viewed as a success, but its not really viewed as a flop.  In truth, its not regarded as much of anything. 

I personally do not believe, in my OPINION, that Axl was willing to risk a huge public failure to perhaps achieve a big public success.  Better to half ass it and fly under the radar. 

It revises results after the fact.  An album that debuts at #3 moving 261,000 units with no promotion or recognizable single?  That shit is gravy.  Not bad at all.

An album that drops right out of the charts and makes no real impact...hey, ain't no bad day.  It still did well, considering.

But now take those results and suppose you promoted the shit out of it.  Really, really went all out.  Put over the new band, the new material, how excied he was about all of it.  If that's the case, then those results are horrible.  Now, you look like a failure and a fool for trying to do all this the way you did it with a new band, all that time, and all of that.  He wasn't setting himself up for that. 

Ultimately, Axl is a survivor, as we are often told.  Survivors minimize risk and don't take crazy chances.

Agree.  Maybe he assumed that CD was going to get a tepid response regardless of how hard he pushed it.  Maybe (again maybe, not fact) he realized CD could never live up to its expectation?it was being (unfairly) billed as the most anticipated album of all time.  Thus, he dialed it back and put on his artistic integrity hat.  That gives him the ability to lay any blame at the promoters/everyone else who got it wrong.

Also, that other rumor thread got axed pretty quick...

Rumor threads should get axed rapidly, I don't log in here to read refuse, there are already enough online cesspools that specialize in that.

You understand that you are posting on a rumor thread, right?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4862 on: February 09, 2015, 04:12:53 PM »

You are ridiculous, if anything is "dogshit" it is you and your self-important redundant criticisims of any and all things GNR.

If you think this fan forum should change to conform to your hater agenda YOU might want to pack a lunch.

Some of us would like to talk about things without your negative crap continually painting everything in the worse possible light. It is very tiring and boring.

I have to ask.  Where are those conversations happening?  Its not happening in this folder.  Is there a secret folder?

This are serious questions.  So much of what I see from you and others like you are just pissy comments about other conversatiosn that are humming along just fine.

If you truly believed what you just typed, wouldn't the onus be more on you to push the conversation in a different area?  Or start a new conversation entirely?

Isn't that more productive towards what you claim you'd like to see?  As opposed to just quoted a wall of text and calling someone whiny or entitled.  Is that changing anything for (as you see it) the better?  

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4863 on: February 09, 2015, 04:15:48 PM »

DX... You know I see eye to eye on you on a bunch of GNR related stuff... but why are you barking up this tree?

Of all the stuff that we recycle... this is the worst topic... because we know so little about what really happened... I have serious doubt about what both sides did... but I think this one we should just let be.

Its just my opinion.  I have no idea if its right.  Its how it looks to me though.

I certainly would have no problem if anyone here dismissed it outright, which I'm sure many will. 

I'm not looking for converts.  Just answering a question put out there.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4864 on: February 09, 2015, 04:17:21 PM »

Its just my opinion.  I have no idea if its right.  Its how it looks to me though.

I certainly would have no problem if anyone here dismissed it outright, which I'm sure many will. 

Fair enough.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #4865 on: February 09, 2015, 04:18:00 PM »

You are ridiculous, if anything is "dogshit" it is you and your self-important redundant criticisims of any and all things GNR.

If you think this fan forum should change to conform to your hater agenda YOU might want to pack a lunch.

Some of us would like to talk about things without your negative crap continually painting everything in the worse possible light. It is very tiring and boring.

I have to ask.  Where are those conversations happening?  Its not happening in this folder.  Is there a secret folder?

This are serious questions.  So much of what I see from you and others like you are just pissy comments about other conversatiosn that are humming along just fine.

If you truly believed what you just typed, wouldn't the onus be more on you to push the conversation in a different area?  Or start a new conversation entirely?

Isn't that more productive towards what you claim you'd like to see?  As opposed to just quoted a wall of text and calling someone whiny or entitled.  Is that changing anything for (as you see it) the better?  

I believe you are here to paint GNR in the worst possible light and you are here to launch attacks against Jarmo. I think that is your main purpose here, so take all of your lame suggestions and shove them into the nearest orifice.

When you aren't attacking GNR with your limited knowledge and lame criticisims you are attacking the real fans and supporters.

I have no tolerance for your BS.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #4866 on: February 09, 2015, 04:21:12 PM »

Agree.  Maybe he assumed that CD was going to get a tepid response regardless of how hard he pushed it.  Maybe (again maybe, not fact) he realized CD could never live up to its expectation?it was being (unfairly) billed as the most anticipated album of all time.  Thus, he dialed it back and put on his artistic integrity hat.  That gives him the ability to lay any blame at the promoters/everyone else who got it wrong.

Also, that other rumor thread got axed pretty quick...

Rumor threads should get axed rapidly, I don't log in here to read refuse, there are already enough online cesspools that specialize in that.

You understand that you are posting on a rumor thread, right?

The next album HAS been discussed, unlike most rumor topics that trolls start.

Check out the Revolver Interview, you can read for yourself where the next release is discussed. Wink

"Shut the fuck up."
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4867 on: February 09, 2015, 04:21:22 PM »

Is there a way to ignore posters? I'm serious

If there isn't... there should be.

I have no reason to read the same posts over and over again if they have nothing to do with the the topic.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4868 on: February 09, 2015, 04:21:41 PM »

I believe you are here to paint GNR in the worst possible light and you are here to launch attacks against Jarmo. I think that is your main purpose here, so take all of your lame suggestions and shove them into the nearest orifice.

Like a sleeper agent?

When you aren't attacking GNR with your limited knowledge and lame criticisims you are attacking the real fans and supporters.

I don't attack anybody.  I'm here to have conversations.  Sometimes with people that like me, sometimes with people that clearly don't.

I think when my posts start being peppered with telling people to shove things in their nearest orifice, there is a stronger case I am attacking people.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #4869 on: February 09, 2015, 04:23:10 PM »

You are answering no questions, because you aren't in a position of authority to do so, even though you like to think you are.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #4870 on: February 09, 2015, 04:26:57 PM »

Like a sleeper agent?

I don't attack anybody.  I'm here to have conversations.  Sometimes with people that like me, sometimes with people that clearly don't.

I think when my posts start being peppered with telling people to shove things in their nearest orifice, there is a stronger case I am attacking people.

You aren't fooling some of us, your constant criticisims and continual slams against GNR get very old.

It is very clear why you are here, to demean GNR at every opportunity and to belittle the real fans and supporters.

Also, to attempt to seem important and relevant- again, it gets very old and tiring for those of us that actually care about the band.
You have already driven off one poster with your continual drivel.

Jarmo is very knowledgeable about the band, you might find out he is a font of information, but you prefer to come here to argue instead.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 04:31:36 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4871 on: February 09, 2015, 04:31:18 PM »

You aren't fooling some of us, your constant criticisims and continual slams against GNR get very old.

It is very clear why you are here, to demean GNR at every opportunity and to belittle the real fans and supporters.

Also, to attempt to seem important and relevant- again, it gets very old and tiring for those of us that actually care about the band.

And, to combat this, you read and respond to every single one of my posts (have you missed one today?) to tell me how much you disapprove, all the while offering nothing in terms of a new conversational direction?

Does that make sense?

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #4872 on: February 09, 2015, 04:34:44 PM »

And, to combat this, you read and respond to every single one of my posts (have you missed one today?) to tell me how much you disapprove, all the while offering nothing in terms of a new conversational direction?

Does that make sense?

You are again, offering up suggestions on what others could do, while ignoring every complaint against you and your constant negative attitude.

Why can't you discuss the upcoming release without badmouthing the band, the mgmt, the band's decisions and demeaning the band's loyal fans and supporters?

You seem to be a mouthbreather, you enjoy listening to yourself talk (or type).

Jarmo is much more knowledgeable about the band than you are or will ever be.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 04:39:05 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4873 on: February 09, 2015, 04:43:24 PM »

You are again, offering up suggestions on what others could do

To be fair, I'm also not the one here lamenting that I don't like how things are going.  If I were, someone should be asking me the same things that I am you. 

, while ignoring every complaint against you and your constant negative attitude.

Why can't you discuss the upcoming release without badmouthing the band, the mgmt, the band's decisions and demeaning the band's loyal fans and supporters?

You seem to be a mouthbreather, you enjoy listening to yourself talk (or type).

Jarmo is much more knowledgeable about the band than you are or will ever be.

And, just to review, *I* should stop attacking people?

Classic.  Never change, Emily.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4874 on: February 09, 2015, 04:45:54 PM »

But he already knows how that goes, and so do all of us.

Yeah, lots of this from you:  crying

And I do.  We call it the weekend.

Funny guy! Cheesy

So, how about the idea that you do some old school one man street team promotional campaigning for the next GN'R album!?
It's one thing to whine about the band not doing it for years, and then just sitting on your ass not doing anything productive yourself. Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4875 on: February 09, 2015, 04:50:56 PM »

So, how about the idea that you do some old school one man street team promotional campaigning for the next GN'R album!?
It's one thing to whine about the band not doing it for years, and then just sitting on your ass not doing anything productive yourself. Cheesy

I burned many a CD for many friends from 2001 onwards.

Pre-album, best response I got was the live version of 'Street Of Dreams' from RIR III and the demo leaks of 'I.R.S.' and 'Better'.

Also burned many copies of the album for folks once it came out.  Not as good reaction.  Biggest gripes were that it didn't sound like GNR, and on many tracks, Axl didn't sound like Axl.

But I tried. 

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #4876 on: February 09, 2015, 04:52:01 PM »

But he already knows how that goes, and so do all of us.

Yeah, lots of this from you:  crying

And I do.  We call it the weekend.

Funny guy! Cheesy

/jarmo

So D-X should be doing the job that the band itself didn?t seem too interested in doing?  Sounds legit.

What?s funny (and I can only speak for myself but would assume that D-X and other fall into this category as well) is that I am the one that pushed CD on my group of friends, and still require it in the rotation when we hang out.  To them, I am an ardent supporter of GnR.  Funny how that perception can change so drastically.  Note:  I need no badge of honor or thumbs up emoji from you?but just explaining that maybe the way people are viewed on here doesn?t exactly correlate with reality.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4877 on: February 09, 2015, 04:54:41 PM »

So D-X should be doing the job that the band itself didn?t seem too interested in doing?  Sounds legit.

The bitch of all this is, I was actually going to.  But when I reached out to the band for some guidance with a promotional plan, they never got back to me.

Still I wait.

What?s funny (and I can only speak for myself but would assume that D-X and other fall into this category as well) is that I am the one that pushed CD on my group of friends, and still require it in the rotation when we hang out.  To them, I am an ardent supporter of GnR.  Funny how that perception can change so drastically.  Note:  I need no badge of honor or thumbs up emoji from you?but just explaining that maybe the way people are viewed on here doesn?t exactly correlate with reality.

I flogged that shit HARD.  If I gave you a ride somewhere, I pushed new GNR tunes on.  Just the way it was.

Both because it was my favorite band and, selfishly, so I might have someone to go to a future concert with me.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4878 on: February 09, 2015, 04:55:21 PM »

I burned many a CD for many friends from 2001 onwards.

Pre-album, best response I got was the live version of 'Street Of Dreams' from RIR III and the demo leaks of 'I.R.S.' and 'Better'.

Also burned many copies of the album for folks once it came out.  Not as good reaction.  Biggest gripes were that it didn't sound like GNR, and on many tracks, Axl didn't sound like Axl.

But I tried. 

We're not talking about pirating music. You basically gave away GN'R music for free instead of giving people actual albums. Not a productive way to make the band succeed! no

I think you didn't do your promotional job correctly. Hopefully you learned something from it and do things differently next time.
So you don't get the same dogshit results again.

So D-X should be doing the job that the band itself didn’t seem too interested in doing?  Sounds legit.

No.
But if you tell us all how supportive you are and how you want the band to succeed, I'm only asking for some kind of evidence to back those claims up! Cheesy

so I might have someone to go to a future concert with me.

Awwww....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 04:57:02 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4879 on: February 09, 2015, 05:01:25 PM »

I think you didn't do your promotional job correctly. Hopefully you learned something from it and do things differently next time.
So you don't get the same dogshit results again.

No, I'm cutting my losses on that front.  The same people I was hoping to convert don't consider this any more GNR then they did 5-10 years ago.

And I suspect with the last one, they were just being polite by the end.

I didn't want to go into this out of fear of being negative, but if you really want to get into it, pretty much nobody dug it.  Sorry, brah.

I get that you are going for satire here, but further delving into this just leads to meaner answers you'd likely rather not hear. 

So, I'd suggest YOU cut your losses here, as well.

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: