Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:34:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1680532 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4800 on: February 08, 2015, 12:06:49 AM »

I don't care what type of venue you are in.   But if you are there to see a rock concert.  You stand.  You stand.  You shake your hips.  You groove to the music.   Dance in the isles   

Drink and rock shows.  Stand up and dance at rock shows. 

Yeah, what's that about?

Know what concerts I sit down at?  Bob Dylan.  And when I saw Paul Simon/Sting.  Because, frankly, based on the audience for each, they preferred the sitting.  No worries.

But I had a guy tell me at a Stones concert to sit down.  I looked at him and laughed.  Half a song later, he taps me on the shoulder with another request.  I tell him its not going to happen.

He actually comes back a third time.  At which point I told him that if he didn't want obstructed view, either buy seats in the first row, or the first row of the second level.  But otherwise, piss off.

BTW, first row of the second level of an arena?  Underrated seat.  I'd highly reccommend it.  I saw both Pink and a WWE PPV from there.  You can't beat it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4801 on: February 08, 2015, 01:53:55 PM »

I don't care what type of venue you are in.   But if you are there to see a rock concert.  You stand.  You stand.  You shake your hips.  You groove to the music.   Dance in the isles   

Drink and rock shows.  Stand up and dance at rock shows. 

Yeah, what's that about?

Know what concerts I sit down at?  Bob Dylan.  And when I saw Paul Simon/Sting.  Because, frankly, based on the audience for each, they preferred the sitting.  No worries.

But I had a guy tell me at a Stones concert to sit down.  I looked at him and laughed.  Half a song later, he taps me on the shoulder with another request.  I tell him its not going to happen.

He actually comes back a third time.  At which point I told him that if he didn't want obstructed view, either buy seats in the first row, or the first row of the second level.  But otherwise, piss off.

BTW, first row of the second level of an arena?  Underrated seat.  I'd highly reccommend it.  I saw both Pink and a WWE PPV from there.  You can't beat it.

2nd level first row is my secret!!!   Especially if you are close to the stage and fhe stage has side ramps.   Perfect seats, for standing in front! Haha
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #4802 on: February 08, 2015, 10:57:16 PM »

Going back to label issues with releases, I saw this today and found it interesting

http://www.fuse.tv/2013/08/mia-mantangi-leak-threat

Yes the record company always plays a role good or bad. However why do we know about MIA?s issue? Because she made public. She explained the problems. And that?s the right thing to do.

Unfortunately for us we don?t have any explanation from the GN?R camp. One can always guess that something is wrong. But I?d rather be informed.

Why is that the "right" thing to do? The last thing ongoing negotiations need sometimes is a lot of publicity and unwanted input from people not involved.

I have curiosities and "wants" as well but I dont confuse them with needs and doing the "right" thing.

GNR is more than capable of managing business affairs without fans' input.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #4803 on: February 09, 2015, 06:42:02 AM »

yep....last time though, we had that nut cutter Azoff who knocked it out of the park with the Best Buy deal (financially that is). Unknown how TB will do against the snakes and rats at Universal this time around.  Huh

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4804 on: February 09, 2015, 08:14:45 AM »

Unknown how TB will do against the snakes and rats at Universal this time around.  Huh

Appetite For Democracy was released. By Universal.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #4805 on: February 09, 2015, 08:28:15 AM »

Unknown how TB will do against the snakes and rats at Universal this time around.  Huh

/jarmo

Lets hope that part goes a bit more smoothly this time around. Lets hope we got some insight to the status of the release before the summer. They could be at ANY stage now as far as we know... Still recording? Mixing? etc..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4806 on: February 09, 2015, 08:34:12 AM »

yep....last time though, we had that nut cutter Azoff who knocked it out of the park with the Best Buy deal (financially that is). Unknown how TB will do against the snakes and rats at Universal this time around.  Huh

There sure seems not to be any pressure from the record label to get guns to release a album.  From what I can see from the outside, looking in...   With CD you had them threaten comp albums, with them actually releaseing one as a result.  Also had them cut off funding to produce the album.

So is Axl covering the costs now for producing and writting this new album?  Wonder how many albums are left of this deal and just why the label isnt pressuring like before
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #4807 on: February 09, 2015, 08:39:52 AM »

Yes the record company always plays a role good or bad. However why do we know about MIA?s issue? Because she made public. She explained the problems. And that?s the right thing to do.

Unfortunately for us we don?t have any explanation from the GN?R camp. One can always guess that something is wrong. But I?d rather be informed.

But if you read the entire article...you can see the authors speculation that her tweets might actually piss the label off to the point that they push the album back further, or scrap the album altogether.

That's the tightrope you walk, if you call the label out.  Saying "that's the way it should be done" or "that's the right thing" ignores the fact there can be repurcussions  for doing it.  What if doing so actually makes LESS music available for us to consume? Is it STILL the right thing??

Is "being informed" better than actually getting more material released?  I'm not sure I agree....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #4808 on: February 09, 2015, 08:41:16 AM »

That's where I was for the GnR Hammerstein shows.  Amazing...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #4809 on: February 09, 2015, 08:52:57 AM »

/jarmo

I know...that is a good sign.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4810 on: February 09, 2015, 09:38:34 AM »

Most of us would.

Its a terribly frustrating situation.  We are told nothing.  Yet we are to assume the worst about the label and the best about Axl.  Yes, despite being told nothing.

It tends to come down to how much you worship Axl, from what I see.  If you always see him in the right, you have little problem accepting he's the hero and the label is the villain.  If you like Axl just fine, but find these delays ridiculous, you are probably less likely to accept he's just moving heaven and earth to get shit done, but can't get a break.

And the MIA example is a good one.  Axl would have way more credibility with me (and I suspect, many others) if he gave us similar updates.  It hard to have any credible sympathy for the man without it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4811 on: February 09, 2015, 09:47:41 AM »

Most of us would.

Its a terribly frustrating situation.  We are told nothing.  Yet we are to assume the worst about the label and the best about Axl.  Yes, despite being told nothing.

It tends to come down to how much you worship Axl, from what I see.  If you always see him in the right, you have little problem accepting he's the hero and the label is the villain.  If you like Axl just fine, but find these delays ridiculous, you are probably less likely to accept he's just moving heaven and earth to get shit done, but can't get a break.

And the MIA example is a good one.  Axl would have way more credibility with me (and I suspect, many others) if he gave us similar updates.  It hard to have any credible sympathy for the man without it.

My take on the whole situation is that the relationship between Axl/GN'R and the record company is probably OK at the moment. We know about the "outbursts" the band had in the time after the release of Chinese. Since then I think Axl is the only one who's mentioned the label in interviews, and he seemed quite diplomatic - wanting to negotiate/work things out.

They did release the concert DVD/Blu-Ray last year, and that was under their label. That's a good thing.

As of right now, I don't assume the worst about the label. I have a feeling they're working together towards a release now.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4812 on: February 09, 2015, 09:52:15 AM »

They did release the concert DVD/Blu-Ray last year, and that was under their label. That's a good thing.

As of right now, I don't assume the worst about the label. I have a feeling they're working together towards a release now.

That is a good thing, I agree.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4813 on: February 09, 2015, 01:04:01 PM »

That is a good thing, I agree.

Yeah, if nothing else, it shows that they have not washed their hands of Axl & Guns N' Roses, and vice versa.  That said, what stage they're currently in in regard to putting out the next album is literally anyone's guess.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4814 on: February 09, 2015, 01:17:06 PM »

Yeah, if nothing else, it shows that they have not washed their hands of Axl & Guns N' Roses, and vice versa.  That said, what stage they're currently in in regard to putting out the next album is literally anyone's guess.

Frankly, it puts more of this on Axl, I think.

The label hates him and his band is a tougher talking point to sell given that release.  Obviously, they can still work with him.

If...he so desires.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4815 on: February 09, 2015, 01:23:20 PM »

My only real fear is that they'll end up getting bogged down with all the "hows" in regard to how to best release a GNR album in 2015, ultimately putting the album in limbo for a good chunk of time.

If it's done, I really hope they already know exactly how the release is going to go down.  God knows they've had time to plan & negotiate.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4816 on: February 09, 2015, 01:24:15 PM »

Frankly, it puts more of this on Axl, I think.

The label hates him and his band is a tougher talking point to sell given that release.  Obviously, they can still work with him.

If...he so desires.

I think that is a dynamic situation. I don't think the relationship between Axl and the label was the same a few years ago as it is today. It probably took a lot of work to come together again.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4817 on: February 09, 2015, 01:25:54 PM »

My only real fear is that they'll end up getting bogged down with all the "hows" in regard to how to best release a GNR album in 2015, ultimately putting the album in limbo for a good chunk of time.

If it's done, I really hope they already know exactly how the release is going to go down.  God knows they've had time to plan & negotiate.

This isn't splitting the atom, here.

It ridiculous to the point of total absurdity for anyone to say they spent a year "looking very seriously in that regard" and could not come up with anything.  For material that is long done.

Anyone that believes that should not be allowed to cut their own meat at the dinner table.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4818 on: February 09, 2015, 01:33:30 PM »

This isn't splitting the atom, here.

It ridiculous to the point of total absurdity for anyone to say they spent a year "looking very seriously in that regard" and could not come up with anything.  For material that is long done.

Anyone that believes that should not be allowed to cut their own meat at the dinner table.

Agreed.  But this is GNR.  For whatever reason, everything seems to be so delicate. I imagine getting a GNR album out these days is one big game of Operation.  Once that fucker buzzes, everything done up to that point seems to fall apart.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4819 on: February 09, 2015, 01:39:20 PM »

This window is the measure of Axl's seriousness.

If he's serious, it will come out.  If he's not, it won't.  Simple as that.

And if it doesn't, it doesn't.  That's life. 

But at a certain point, its officially OK to say out loud that he's lost his fire for all this.

Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: