Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:26:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1680644 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4760 on: February 05, 2015, 02:54:44 PM »

Steely Dan is playing Coachella and added dates in theaters and amphitheaters around LA, Santa Barbara and Vegas. GNR's one of the few bands that never play outdoor amphitheaters, I always assumed  there's curfews at those venues.

I always assumed the same.  Neighborhoods ain't gonna put up with that nonsense.

Though, perhaps, someone could start knocking on doors to explain how "rock n' roll" it all is.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4761 on: February 05, 2015, 03:04:54 PM »

Steely Dan is playing Coachella and added dates in theaters and amphitheaters around LA, Santa Barbara and Vegas. GNR's one of the few bands that never play outdoor amphitheaters, I always assumed  there's curfews at those venues.

I always assumed the same.  Neighborhoods ain't gonna put up with that nonsense.

Though, perhaps, someone could start knocking on doors to explain how "rock n' roll" it all is.

hihi You smartass, you.  I can see Del going door to door already...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4762 on: February 05, 2015, 03:05:19 PM »

It's a knack.  You either have it, or you don't.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4763 on: February 05, 2015, 03:10:56 PM »

I saw Lil Wayne and Drake over the summer (haha i know) at an outdoor spot... they came OFF the stage at exactly 9 o clock, and started cursing at the community board for shutting them down... but they did come off ...

they think they are so gangsta? try telling Axl Rose that he even has to be at the venue by 10 pm ... Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4764 on: February 05, 2015, 04:06:29 PM »

try telling Axl Rose that he even has to be at the venue by 10 pm ... Smiley

Rock on The Range started at 9:30PM. Governors Ball 2013 at 9:21PM, nine minutes before the set time. Most Australian shows in 2013, between 8 and 9PM. India in 2012, around 7PM.

ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4765 on: February 05, 2015, 04:13:22 PM »

try telling Axl Rose that he even has to be at the venue by 10 pm ... Smiley

Rock on The Range started at 9:30PM. Governors Ball 2013 at 9:21PM, nine minutes before the set time. Most Australian shows in 2013, between 8 and 9PM. India in 2012, around 7PM.

ok

/jarmo

Don't worry I am very much aware of how amazing Axl has been doing lately of hitting the stage in a timelier fashion and I applaud him for it.

It was just a little humor

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #4766 on: February 05, 2015, 04:55:59 PM »

GNR's one of the few bands that never play outdoor amphitheaters, I always assumed  there's curfews at those venues.

GN'R did in 2013 in Lubbock, TX.
GN'R hasn't really toured the USA in the season for outdoor shows. November-December in 2011, February-March in 2012....

Actually the Dallas show in 2011 was at an amphitheater.

/jarmo

Good to know that it could happen.

Just watched some of the Lubbock show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY-f3xWKtWs

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4767 on: February 05, 2015, 05:06:31 PM »

I will say this:

There is something sorta magical about PLANNED late night gigs, in intimate venues, with GnR.  The Roseland, for example. It's just....something ethereal..something magical...something special.

I get the objections to late stage times when they're not advertised, on a weeknight, in an arena.  Especially when/if you're depending on public transportation, or whatever.  

I have been in venues that have stoped serving liqour around 10ish with guns to take the stage around 11ish.   It's a sobering feeling
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4768 on: February 05, 2015, 06:38:24 PM »

Don't worry I am very much aware of how amazing Axl has been doing lately of hitting the stage in a timelier fashion and I applaud him for it.

That could be the case, but some they don't know that. All they know is the so called track record, like some would say.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4769 on: February 05, 2015, 06:44:22 PM »

I have been in venues that have stoped serving liqour around 10ish with guns to take the stage around 11ish.   It's a sobering feeling

Its gutting.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4770 on: February 05, 2015, 06:45:10 PM »

That could be the case, but some they don't know that. All they know is the so called track record, like some would say.

You are just a hoot lately.  Do you know that?

How did we not get together for Super Bowl?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4771 on: February 05, 2015, 07:45:48 PM »

You mean you didn't get invited? Damn...

/jarmo

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4772 on: February 05, 2015, 09:29:13 PM »

With the Olympics being in Brazil next year    The fact that guns n rosea his huge in Brazil.  The fact that guns has a new album to get out.  The fact that Brazil probably has some brand new killer venues to play live music

I say

Guns finds away to get involved in the Olympics.   It would be a great way to promote/market new music.  To a world wide huge audience   Playing this music in front of great live crowds in new great venues. 

Seems like a win win for both the band and orginizers of the Olympics

Guns could set up a month long resedency    Be part of the opening ceremonies     Too many options to list
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #4773 on: February 06, 2015, 01:38:14 AM »

With the Olympics being in Brazil next year    The fact that guns n rosea his huge in Brazil.  The fact that guns has a new album to get out.  The fact that Brazil probably has some brand new killer venues to play live music

I say

Guns finds away to get involved in the Olympics.   It would be a great way to promote/market new music.  To a world wide huge audience   Playing this music in front of great live crowds in new great venues. 

Seems like a win win for both the band and orginizers of the Olympics

Guns could set up a month long resedency    Be part of the opening ceremonies     Too many options to list

Whose to say that this isn't in progress.  The Olympics organisers are renown for their tight policies on announcing stuff, its their gig and they expect to do the press and media stuff. This would explain the silence if this is the case, Good call Baconman  ok
AFGnR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4774 on: February 06, 2015, 01:42:28 AM »

Yes! GnR should be the official band of the olympics!

Welcome to the olympics jungle!!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #4775 on: February 06, 2015, 07:12:22 AM »

GNR's one of the few bands that never play outdoor amphitheaters, I always assumed  there's curfews at those venues.

GN'R did in 2013 in Lubbock, TX.
GN'R hasn't really toured the USA in the season for outdoor shows. November-December in 2011, February-March in 2012....

Actually the Dallas show in 2011 was at an amphitheater.

/jarmo

They also did the Comcats/Dodge/Meadows/whatever it's called now amphitheater in Connecticut back in Nov of 2011.  It's an indoor/outdoor, though, and I'm assuming they had it closed up for that show.  I was in Orlando (I think? I know I was out of town....). It's the only CT show they've ever done that I've missed. Sad

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #4776 on: February 06, 2015, 07:14:07 AM »

I will say this:

There is something sorta magical about PLANNED late night gigs, in intimate venues, with GnR.  The Roseland, for example. It's just....something ethereal..something magical...something special.

I get the objections to late stage times when they're not advertised, on a weeknight, in an arena.  Especially when/if you're depending on public transportation, or whatever.  

Ditto.  Namely the XL center in CT.

Morons.....

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #4777 on: February 06, 2015, 07:17:07 AM »

Yes! GnR should be the official band of the olympics!

Welcome to the olympics jungle!!

Well, I mean...Welcome to the Jungle is a pretty appropriate tag line for going to Brazil. Wink

Together again,
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4778 on: February 06, 2015, 07:55:18 AM »

They also did the Comcats/Dodge/Meadows/whatever it's called now amphitheater in Connecticut back in Nov of 2011.  It's an indoor/outdoor, though, and I'm assuming they had it closed up for that show. 

Yes, it was closed. So it acted like an indoor venue.
Hartford was chilly that time of the year!

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4779 on: February 06, 2015, 09:00:57 AM »

They also did the Comcats/Dodge/Meadows/whatever it's called now amphitheater in Connecticut back in Nov of 2011.  It's an indoor/outdoor, though, and I'm assuming they had it closed up for that show. 

Yes, it was closed. So it acted like an indoor venue.
Hartford was chilly that time of the year!

/jarmo

jarmo..has Axl ever said anything about his preferences or feelings about playing indoors vs outdoors... i don't remember reading anything about that before... just curious

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: