Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:30:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681161 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #4700 on: February 04, 2015, 10:31:08 AM »

So what do u think there plan is for touring this year?

- fall/winter
- not the U.S.
- small venues if no album / bigger ones if there is one

I disagree on the "Not the US".

I think they should definitely do the US, BUT, they have to do it smarter than they have.  Stick to large metro areas.  Stick to a couple shows per geographic region (ie: Boston and NYC..but not hartford, Albany, Trenton, and Baltimore), or, alternately, stick to a smaller theater tour.

They can do a successful US tour...they just can't try to play every city between Maine and Mexico.

Agreed. I'd like to see them do NY, Chicago, Detroit, Miami, LA, Dallas, Houston, Vegas, Montreal, Toronto, Seattle, Boston ... just the real big cities.. promote the shit out of them and get some monster sell outs going

Yeah, I think they could do a nice 15 to 20-ish date (with maybe 2 shows at MSG, and 2 out in LA, maybe at Staples) NA tour and be VERY successful doing it.  ESPECIALLY if they figured out a way to do mostly (if not entirely) weekend shows. I know..that's a tall order when balancing keeping the crew on the road with 5 days of down time in between shows, but...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4701 on: February 04, 2015, 10:46:15 AM »

So what do u think there plan is for touring this year?

- fall/winter
- not the U.S.
- small venues if no album / bigger ones if there is one

I disagree on the "Not the US".

I think they should definitely do the US, BUT, they have to do it smarter than they have.  Stick to large metro areas.  Stick to a couple shows per geographic region (ie: Boston and NYC..but not hartford, Albany, Trenton, and Baltimore), or, alternately, stick to a smaller theater tour.

They can do a successful US tour...they just can't try to play every city between Maine and Mexico.

Agreed. I'd like to see them do NY, Chicago, Detroit, Miami, LA, Dallas, Houston, Vegas, Montreal, Toronto, Seattle, Boston ... just the real big cities.. promote the shit out of them and get some monster sell outs going

Yeah, I think they could do a nice 15 to 20-ish date (with maybe 2 shows at MSG, and 2 out in LA, maybe at Staples) NA tour and be VERY successful doing it.  ESPECIALLY if they figured out a way to do mostly (if not entirely) weekend shows. I know..that's a tall order when balancing keeping the crew on the road with 5 days of down time in between shows, but...

That would be great. Maybe I'm naive... but I think Duff would go a long way in filling arenas... I don't know, it certainly wouldn't hurt. If they can stick to a Thursday, Friday , Saturday schedule.. that would help too.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4702 on: February 04, 2015, 10:59:46 AM »

Maybe that's why bands add shows in smaller markets?
For example, if you play NYC and Chicago on weekends, you can hit somewhere in PA and/or OH during the week.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #4703 on: February 04, 2015, 12:04:45 PM »

I acually think it makes more sense to hit smaller markets on weekends and large markets during the week.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #4704 on: February 04, 2015, 12:35:36 PM »

I Believe By 30 Anniversary of GNR, Residency 2015

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4705 on: February 04, 2015, 01:24:25 PM »

beer

Hopefully it'll rather be a tour supporting the next album.

Chinese did get quite an unorthodox treatment when it came to live support of the album, starting the promotion several years ahead of the release. Of course they didn't know at the time, but I think one can say the album sort of suffered because of that. A lot of the songs were already well-known songs when the album came out.

The dream scenario (for me) would be:

- Single release (4-6 weeks ahead of album)
- Warm-up shows with performance of the new single, plus one or two other new songs (within the last month before the album release)
- Album release
- First leg of new world tour
- Release second single during first leg

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4706 on: February 04, 2015, 01:46:58 PM »

beer

Hopefully it'll rather be a tour supporting the next album.

Chinese did get quite an unorthodox treatment when it came to live support of the album, starting the promotion several years ahead of the release. Of course they didn't know at the time, but I think one can say the album sort of suffered because of that. A lot of the songs were already well-known songs when the album came out.

The dream scenario (for me) would be:

- Single release (4-6 weeks ahead of album)
- Warm-up shows with performance of the new single, plus one or two other new songs (within the last month before the album release)
- Album release
- First leg of new world tour
- Release second single during first leg

That does sound ideal.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #4707 on: February 04, 2015, 02:03:45 PM »

Maybe that's why bands add shows in smaller markets?
For example, if you play NYC and Chicago on weekends, you can hit somewhere in PA and/or OH during the week.

/jarmo

From experience....the days of the world tour per se are over. It's become too expensive to do so these days. Back in the day album sales would help fund the tours. Not the case anymore being that albums don't really sell. The money you did make was off of touring ( gates, merchandise..etc). It's become too expensive to pay for a full crew, trucks, equipment. Thats why I dont piss on the big bands doing residencies in one place. Hey if a place is willing to pay you to station yourself there for a month...why not.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4708 on: February 04, 2015, 02:23:19 PM »

I'm sure you can make it work. If there's demand for a band, they'll tour. Unfortunately for some bands there's not a lot of demand in certain areas in the US, so they might only do the coasts and that's it. 

But because of the collapse of the record industry, touring is one of the few ways to make any money on your music which means everybody wants to tour. More competition for the ticket buyers.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4709 on: February 04, 2015, 03:41:49 PM »

I'm sure you can make it work. If there's demand for a band, they'll tour. Unfortunately for some bands there's not a lot of demand in certain areas in the US, so they might only do the coasts and that's it. 

But because of the collapse of the record industry, touring is one of the few ways to make any money on your music which means everybody wants to tour. More competition for the ticket buyers.

/jarmo

Some bands that are huge in the USA do not sell well on the world market

Same can be said for some bands that are huge in the world market, can't draw well in the states. 

This isn't getting back to how I think the American market has poor music tastes and doesn't support GNR enough.  Not about that at all.  Haha

Just adding to the fact that some band can do world tours while others can't.

Gnr could do a successful world tour, but only have problems when they get to the USA

Lots of country singers or dave Mathews can do successful usa tours but world tours not so much.  Just an example, for all I i know dave Mathews draws quite well in India

As for touring....

I see more and more bands are doing these cruse ship festivils.     I think limp bizkit is about to do one for a week

One band headlines, with a bunch of smaller bands playing, on a cruse ship.   Travelling the world

Now that would be a great way to see gnr.   I would so be in
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4710 on: February 04, 2015, 03:42:51 PM »

That would be great. Maybe I'm naive... but I think Duff would go a long way in filling arenas... I don't know, it certainly wouldn't hurt. If they can stick to a Thursday, Friday , Saturday schedule.. that would help too.

Arenas nationwide sounds like a suicide mission.  

You can't undertake that sort of tour unless you know you can fill those places up all over.  If you can't, you lose your shirt.  

This is what happened in 2002.  You had 20,000 seat arenas that were a third full.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4711 on: February 04, 2015, 03:46:35 PM »

Arenas nationwide sounds like a suicide mission.  

You can't undertake that sort of tour unless you know you can fill those places up all over.  If you can't, you lose your shirt.  

This is what happened in 2002.  You had 20,000 seat arenas that were a third full.

A third full in some markets....

With poor marketing and poor promotion from the band

No album and no real introduction to the new line up.  Just.  Here they are!!

To play arenas or stadiums in the USA.  Guns, needs a hit song or a hit album with great marketing and promotion

As a fan though I prefer to see the band in smaller places. 

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4712 on: February 04, 2015, 03:55:37 PM »

Yeah, totally ridiculous.

As many reunionists gleefully pointed out, they also used the old band in some of the ads.

To play arenas or stadiums in the USA.  Guns, needs a hit song or a hit album with great marketing and promotion

Both highly unlikely.

I am not one of those people that think they are playing "up close and personal" type places, and residencies in the same vacation town, simply out of the goodness of their hearts.  Its done because that's the reality of present day (its sort of) Guns N' Roses.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4713 on: February 04, 2015, 04:07:15 PM »

Yeah, totally ridiculous.

As many reunionists gleefully pointed out, they also used the old band in some of the ads.

Both highly unlikely.

I am not one of those people that think they are playing "up close and personal" type places, and residencies in the same vacation town, simply out of the goodness of their hearts.  Its done because that's the reality of present day (its sort of) Guns N' Roses.

The resedency should be used as a tool to sharpen your live act before taking it on the road

Doesn't matter where the resedency vegas, Hammerstein, etc...  But it shouldnt be it.  Rather the start. 

The problems with vegas is.  It just becomes way to appealing   Trust me.   The band is make good money with minimial costs and minimial travel.   

The ideal resedency would be in a place where the band doesn't make good money, that would force them out on the road to earn it.  However there is vegas

Also just cause they play there, doesn't mean that's where they are

Two recent bands that have came through my neck of the woods have also had recent vegas resedencys.   Montely crew and def leopard.  They are out touring now. And guess what.  To nearly sold out arenas! 

Again.  Nothing wrong with a vegas resedency.  I have seen guns many times there and if they come again I will come again. However you always have to ask your self what the end game is.   Vegas can not be the end game.  It can be the start.  Mb even the middle.  But def not the end
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4714 on: February 04, 2015, 04:12:39 PM »

Two recent bands that have came through my neck of the woods have also had recent vegas resedencys.   Montely crew and def leopard.  They are out touring now. And guess what.  To nearly sold out arenas! 

Yep.  Saw the Crue here in August.  It was packed.  Seats and lawn.

Again.  Nothing wrong with a vegas resedency.  I have seen guns many times there and if they come again I will come again. However you always have to ask your self what the end game is.   Vegas can not be the end game.  It can be the start.  Mb even the middle.  But def not the end

I have zero problem with the Vegas thing.

I just think people are being na?ve (either willfully or honestly) about what Vegas means to this band.  Like you said, its not part of a larger US tour.  The past two times, its pretty much been their domestic tour.

So if you want to tell me that Vegas is a good deal for the band, I'll agree.  If you want to tell me Vegas is a fun time for the fans, I'll agree.

If you want to tell me that that they are doing Vegas and only Vegas, and could be filling up arenas nationwide but just choose not too...there, we disagree.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4715 on: February 04, 2015, 04:13:34 PM »

New album played live on a cruze ship in its entirety

Could also be a resedency on the cruse ship.  7 night trip.   7 nights of gnr playing there new album live every night

It will also be a double album.  24 tracks.  23 rockers a one great new piano ballad that the chicks just love

Also buckethead returns to take his roll back from Ron.

That would be a great trip
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4716 on: February 04, 2015, 04:19:56 PM »

Yep.  Saw the Crue here in August.  It was packed.  Seats and lawn.

I have zero problem with the Vegas thing.

I just think people are being na?ve (either willfully or honestly) about what Vegas means to this band.  Like you said, its not part of a larger US tour.  The past two times, its pretty much been their domestic tour.

So if you want to tell me that Vegas is a good deal for the band, I'll agree.  If you want to tell me Vegas is a fun time for the fans, I'll agree.

If you want to tell me that that they are doing Vegas and only Vegas, and could be filling up arenas nationwide but just choose not too...there, we disagree.

We agree on all of that.   

The truth will come when the next American tour plans are announced 

Eventually though vegas will kinda grow stale of gnr too one would think.   What would be the rotation window on these residences?  I would think every 3 years?  Ideally

Yes I saw the crew again live.   To another sold out arena.  For what seemed like the exact same show I have been seen from them for the past 10 years

But u know what

The people love it.  They really seem to make the show a mini event and not just a concert.  One big party.  People remember that and that why when the crew rolls back into town, they usually don't have a problem selling tickets

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4717 on: February 04, 2015, 04:23:36 PM »

Summer shed tours are events. Why do you think all those 80s bands do them every other summer?
You think a band like Poison would manage an arena tour say in November? It's pretty far from fun in the sun, beers and tailgating.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4718 on: February 04, 2015, 04:25:02 PM »

Yes I saw the crew again live.   To another sold out arena.  For what seemed like the exact same show I have been seen from them for the past 10 years

But u know what

The people love it.  They really seem to make the show a mini event and not just a concert.  One big party.  People remember that and that why when the crew rolls back into town, they usually don't have a problem selling tickets

I hadn't seen the Crue since 1999.  To be honest, it was the "last tour" angle that drew me in this time.

Really fun show though.

Like just about every rock concert I go to, I looked around and lamented how this should be my stupid band, but, alas.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4719 on: February 04, 2015, 04:26:13 PM »

Summer shed tours are events. Why do you think all those 80s bands do them every other summer?
You think a band like Poison would manage an arena tour say in November? It's pretty far from fun in the sun, beers and tailgating.

Poison would not have filled up the venue I saw the Crue at.  I don't care what month you tried to stage it.

And they are somewhat local too.  But still, no way.

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: