Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:36:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681759 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #4600 on: February 03, 2015, 09:48:28 AM »

well, they won't tour without DJ and Tommy.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4601 on: February 03, 2015, 09:53:22 AM »

well, they won't tour without DJ and Tommy.

No.  Nor should they.

A show here or there with a sub is one thing.  But a whole tour is not the right message to send.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #4602 on: February 03, 2015, 10:03:59 AM »

Maybe Slash and Duff are secretly back in the band and are putting finishing touches on album 4 and 5 of the trilogy?  rofl

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4603 on: February 03, 2015, 10:06:44 AM »

Maybe Slash and Duff are secretly back in the band and are putting finishing touches on album 4 and 5 of the trilogy?  rofl

Duff might not be too far fetched. With Tommy more involved with The Replacements lately, who knows.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4604 on: February 03, 2015, 10:09:13 AM »

You can play the quote game all day.

?we'll be back next year with a whole bunch of new songs.?

Kind of hard to twist that one around.  Note: I don?t interpret that as a blood oath, but clearly it creates hope and an expectation. 

Regardless, Axl chooses his words very carefully, and while he said last year that the second half of Chinese is ?already recorded? and that the remix album ?has been done for a while, too? he never said anything was getting released.  Rather, they are ?going to start looking very seriously at what we?re doing in that regard.? 

Now, since we?re coming up on a year from that interview, an update of sorts would be nice, to see how ?very seriously? they have been in that regard.

Yeah, I'm aware of the quotes. I can also see why he's been more careful in recent times.

Nothing has changed, I've kept saying the same thing for quite some time. Some of you made guesses on when the album should be out based on that quote from Axl.
I put the key part in bold for you.

But the level of paranoia on your part is astounding.  

#1, you are always chiding us for not being positive and imploring us to be more supportive.  That interview drew near universal optimism and good vibes.  I have to say only "near universal", because there seems to be an exception...YOU!!  You finally have people excited again, but you can't help looking 3 steps ahead and feel the need to lay groundwork now to cushion the blow if it doesn't come off.  So when faced with having a site full of positive excited people, or protecting Axl at all costs even if it means tamping some of that enthusiasm down, you pick the latter.  Protecting Axl at all times is paramount.  That's misguided.

#2, the fact you feel you have to do all this speaks to your own doubt.  You obviously see more than a good chance this doesn't pan out.  And it just chaps your fucking ass that the "whiners and haters" will have those pesky questions down the line.  Instead of joining the rest of us being happy about this, you are more concerned with covering all your bases and making sure never is heard a discouraging word down the line if it doesn't pan out, which you seem to think there is at least a decent chance of it playing out that way.

So, in conclusion, take you own advice.  Be happy with what we were given, which was positive news.  Don't be so worried about it not panning out.

Choose to believe.  If a disgraceful fake fan like me can do it, so can a loyal and noble supporter such as yourself.

The paranoia only exists in your mind. Sorry.

I loved that interview. but unlike you I'm not demanding more and updates regarding what he said in April.
It was a cool interview, it wasn't a promise of more updates and interviews between then and tomorrow.

Chill out for fuck's sake.  beer

You labeling yourself as positive and excited is hilarious though. Thanks for that chuckle.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4605 on: February 03, 2015, 10:14:12 AM »

Duff might not be too far fetched. With Tommy more involved with The Replacements lately, who knows.

But is there much of a future in that?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4606 on: February 03, 2015, 10:15:46 AM »

The paranoia only exists in your mind. Sorry.

I disagree.

You are already fretting over what mean things mean people might say a year from now.

I suppose that's your job as shaper of the message.  Even though you speak for yourself and reading into what you say is a waste of our time.

Alas...

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4607 on: February 03, 2015, 10:20:55 AM »

Based on what Axl has said about the subject, there's a chance Duff might be involved with some recording in the future. Being realistic I don't see him joining full time, but maybe some guest appearances/song writing on future material.

If he were to join full time again, we're back to the Bucket/Finck/Brain situation if they decide to release the Chinese material first. Not ideal I agree.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4608 on: February 03, 2015, 10:23:14 AM »

Based on what Axl has said about the subject, there's a chance Duff might be involved with some recording in the future. Being realistic I don't see him joining full time, but maybe some guest appearances/song writing on future material.

If he were to join full time again, we're back to the Bucket/Finck/Brain situation if they decide to release the Chinese material first. Not ideal I agree.

Plus... we don't know if Duff would accept being an employee vs a member ...which obviously he had an issue with when he departed originally.... among other things.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4609 on: February 03, 2015, 10:24:15 AM »

Fretting?  hihi

To use one of your cliche phrases, track record. Based on that, everything Axl says, some people will either keep holding him responsible for every single line, even though it's apparent things have changed since he said it (case in point, 2002 trilogy plan) or they'll realize that things didn't go as planned and move on.

You once again keep repeating your own imaginary world where I'm posting what I'm told to.
Pure comedy.

I'm glad you're positive and excited about Axl wanting to start looking seriously at the next album. I am too. Imagine how positive and excited you'll be once the record has an actual release date!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
italian queen
« Reply #4610 on: February 03, 2015, 10:26:11 AM »

[/quote]

[/quote]
It's my little dream...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 10:30:46 AM by italian queen » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4611 on: February 03, 2015, 10:27:19 AM »

Plus... we don't know if Duff would accept being an employee vs a member ...which obviously he had an issue with when he departed originally.... among other things.

Yeah, I'm not sure I see him back full time to dive in and find the monkey again.

I doubt he wants the constraints.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4612 on: February 03, 2015, 10:30:08 AM »

I'm glad you're positive and excited about Axl wanting to start looking seriously at the next album. I am too. Imagine how positive and excited you'll be once the record has an actual release date!

Well, he never promised that now.  Let's not get ahead of ourselves.  Such talk is dangerous and irresponsible.

Don't twist what he said.  What the matter with you?

You once again keep repeating your own imaginary world where I'm posting what I'm told to.
Pure comedy.

True, you are obviously a wicked free thinker. 

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4613 on: February 03, 2015, 10:43:10 AM »

It's just...

The average guy like me can't understand all the time lost... it's not a knock or criticism... it's just puzzling.

After all these years ... I can't understand still "sorting thru" and "picking the songs" for the "next best GNR record". He has had the past 15 plus years to mull the songs over....

If there isn't a known plan by the end of the year after the Revolver interview...Well... I just don't understand it.

It's not me being critical.... just me being dumbfounded.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4614 on: February 03, 2015, 10:49:09 AM »

It's just...

The average guy like me can't understand all the time lost... it's not a knock or criticism... it's just puzzling.

After all these years ... I can't understand still "sorting thru" and "picking the songs" for the "next best GNR record". He has had the past 15 plus years to mull the songs over....

If there isn't a known plan by the end of the year after the Revolver interview...Well... I just don't understand it.

It's not me being critical.... just me being dumbfounded.

Self doubt is a motherfucker.

We can tapdance around it all we like, but that's the reality of the situation.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4615 on: February 03, 2015, 10:56:50 AM »

Unfortunately that kind of idea doesn't fit in that head of yours which is filled with nonsense such as "They have a reputation of canceling shows" and "you think what you're told".... 
There's no shame in admitting your own stupidity!

We don't judge. Smiley

Well, just to give you a tip. If you think of it like that, you'll be, how do I put it.... Somewhat miserable.
This is just another example of thinking about what you don't have. I'd recommend focusing on the other side of the coin instead. But what do I know...

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4616 on: February 03, 2015, 10:58:32 AM »

Unfortunately that kind of idea doesn't fit in that head of yours which is filled with nonsense such as "They have a reputation of canceling shows" and "you think what you're told".... 
There's no shame in admitting your own stupidity!

We don't judge. Smiley

Well, just to give you a tip. If you think of it like that, you'll be, how do I put it.... Somewhat miserable.
This is just another example of thinking about what you don't have. I'd recommend focusing on the other side of the coin instead. But what do I know...

/jarmo

I promise you... nothing about Axl Rose makes me too miserable... I don't know how to say that any clearer.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4617 on: February 03, 2015, 11:00:36 AM »

Not much, because that comment has zero to do with what he's talking about.

Do you have some of these canned responses saved on a clipboard?  You might try reading the posts first to see if what you already have ready to go is applicable.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4618 on: February 03, 2015, 11:02:31 AM »

Good to know. Feeling upset because a band doesn't do as you wish isn't productive in the long run. And I say this without any medical background whatsoever.  hihi

Do you have some of these canned responses saved on a clipboard?  You might try reading the posts first to see if what you already have ready to go is applicable.

If you don't like my posts, go back to ignoring them.

Kisses.  Kiss

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4619 on: February 03, 2015, 11:06:05 AM »

If you don't like my posts, go back to ignoring them.

I am simply stating a fact. 

Your canned response had zero to do with anything he said in a multi-line post.  It gave the impression you already had it ready to go.

If his post contained any of all of the following :

- makes me mad
- drives me nuts
- frustrates me to no end
- pisses me off

...then perhaps your tired talking point about him being miserable would have merit.

But it didn't.  Sorry, brah.

Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: