Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:34:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681735 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4580 on: February 03, 2015, 08:19:37 AM »

You can have an update like Axl saying "we'll start looking at the next record" and some will start counting the days until the release is gonna happen according to their time frame. If it doesn't happen, they'll be posting about how they were pretty much promised an album by that time.

Excitement is good. But it easily tips over to be something negative.

So this is indeed the reason that you've decided to go all out on pushback on this?

I rather suspected as much.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
mortismurphy
« Reply #4581 on: February 03, 2015, 08:24:49 AM »

When people started 'counting the days', the 'Tuesdays', for Chinese Democracy, it was following statements, far more precise than, ''we'll start looking at the next record''. That is actually where we stand with, CD2, vague statements like that - ''we are looking at some stuff''; is our expectations for CD2 over-inflated? I think most are a bit jaded and cynical about it in truth.

It was following statements like this,

So, you'll get 18 songs, and about 10 extra tracks. And when that, when the record company feels that has run its course, then you'll get it all over again. By that time, I should be done with the third album. So we'll see if all goes well boys and girls."

(Axl, Docklands, 08/26/02)

Which produced such expectancy for Chinese Democracy.

PS

A residency would be a horrible idea, unless, it came backed up with a new album.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4582 on: February 03, 2015, 08:40:22 AM »

So, you'll get 18 songs, and about 10 extra tracks. And when that, when the record company feels that has run its course, then you'll get it all over again. By that time, I should be done with the third album. So we'll see if all goes well boys and girls."

(Axl, Docklands, 08/26/02)

Which produced such expectancy for Chinese Democracy.

In hindsight, not a good idea to make that statement.

It was probably the plan they were rolling with at the time, but things (that we don't know about) changed.

A follow-up statement should have come regarding the state of the album once they realized things didn't work out. It didn't come as far as I can remember.

That's the point I was making earlier. You either have regular updates about the next album or if you choose not to (like they've been doing now), you're probably better off staying vague. Axl isn't doing the informative route, so he has probably learned since the 2002 statement that it's better to keep the details under wraps until things are set in stone.

Informing the fans doesn't make the album come out any sooner, but it would have been nice to know of course.  Smiley

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4583 on: February 03, 2015, 08:40:39 AM »

So this is indeed the reason that you've decided to go all out on pushback on this?

Roll Eyes

Nothing has changed, I've kept saying the same thing for quite some time. Some of you made guesses on when the album should be out based on that quote from Axl.

When people started 'counting the days', the 'Tuesdays', for Chinese Democracy, it was following statements, far more precise than, ''we'll start looking at the next record''. That is actually where we stand with, CD2, vague statements like that - ''we are looking at some stuff''; is our expectations for CD2 over-inflated? I think most are a bit jaded and cynical about it in truth.

I put the key part in bold for you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #4584 on: February 03, 2015, 08:43:37 AM »

Roll Eyes

Nothing has changed, I've kept saying the same thing for quite some time. Some of you made guesses on when the album should be out based on that quote from Axl.

/jarmo

It is a bit of a collapse from, a trilogy beginning sometime 2002 (I get the impression that Axl intended to release the follow ups quite fast) to, 2015 and still stranded on part one!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4585 on: February 03, 2015, 08:48:58 AM »

Let's fogey about the next album for one second and worry about touring

With a record you can have many different problems releasing it, label, lawyers, etc...

But with touring you shouldn't have anyone stopping you

With DJ saying guns was going to do quite a bit of touring this year

What should we expect

And if they are not going to tour.  Shouldn't we as fans be told so
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4586 on: February 03, 2015, 08:57:04 AM »

Sure, but nothing indicates that they won't. The latest message we got said that they will be touring. It's only early February.

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4587 on: February 03, 2015, 08:58:07 AM »

It is a bit of a collapse from, a trilogy beginning sometime 2002 (I get the impression that Axl intended to release the follow ups quite fast) to, 2015 and still stranded on part one!

Well, at some point he realized things weren't gonna go as he had originally hoped. He's talked about all this.
That still doesn't mean the material doesn't exist....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4588 on: February 03, 2015, 09:03:15 AM »

Sure, but nothing indicates that they won't. The latest message we got said that they will be touring. It's only early February.

Hahaha I may be a little snappy with this touring thing because I had to pick my yearly vacation schedual with work the other night, so It would of been nice to book some guns shows in there

In may be early feh, but fen is a short month and as a poster said DJ is off touring in the spring ...    All you see is bands booking shows months in advance.   Big summer concerts.   Even shows next winter! 

Guess I can go see a hookers and blow show, they seem to know how to announce there tour dates hahah
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4589 on: February 03, 2015, 09:06:47 AM »

Hahaha I may be a little snappy with this touring thing because I had to pick my yearly vacation schedual with work the other night, so It would of been nice to book some guns shows in there

In may be early feh, but fen is a short month and as a poster said DJ is off touring in the spring ...    All you see is bands booking shows months in advance.   Big summer concerts.   Even shows next winter! 

Guess I can go see a hookers and blow show, they seem to know how to announce there tour dates hahah

I believe The Replacements already have a summer tour in place, and doesn't SIXX AM as well?

Although I guess Duff could be the bass player going forward.

Keep ur fingers crossed for the end of the year if anything for '15.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #4590 on: February 03, 2015, 09:13:41 AM »

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

You can play the quote game all day.

?we'll be back next year with a whole bunch of new songs.?

Kind of hard to twist that one around.  Note: I don?t interpret that as a blood oath, but clearly it creates hope and an expectation. 

Regardless, Axl chooses his words very carefully, and while he said last year that the second half of Chinese is ?already recorded? and that the remix album ?has been done for a while, too? he never said anything was getting released.  Rather, they are ?going to start looking very seriously at what we?re doing in that regard.? 

Now, since we?re coming up on a year from that interview, an update of sorts would be nice, to see how ?very seriously? they have been in that regard.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4591 on: February 03, 2015, 09:19:30 AM »

Well, I don't know where you live but is it possible they might come to your home town? No need for vacation dates then.  Wink

Btw, GN'R isn't the only one announcing shows a short time in advance.

- Paul McCartney announced 4 shows in Japan in April just five days ago.
- Steely Dan announced a string of April dates just a week ago.
- Faith No More announced their US tour starting April 15 just a week ago.
- Death Cab For Cutie announced their US tour starting April 10 just a week ago.
- Manic Street Preachers announced a string of April dates a couple of weeks ago.

Just a few examples.

Sweetness is a virtue
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4592 on: February 03, 2015, 09:27:03 AM »

Well, I don't know where you live but is it possible they might come to your home town? No need for vacation dates then.  Wink

- Death Cab For Cutie announced their US tour starting April 10 just a week ago.
- Manic Street Preachers announced a string of April dates a couple of weeks ago.

Just a few examples.

yeah I have no problem with a tour announced for next week...

It's just that with GNR you have a lot of pieces who really have nothing to do with the decision process...and a lot of them who do other things... well... all of them... so last minute planning is probably not ideal.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4593 on: February 03, 2015, 09:28:22 AM »

I believe The Replacements already have a summer tour in place, and doesn't SIXX AM as well?

Although I guess Duff could be the bass player going forward.

Keep ur fingers crossed for the end of the year if anything for '15.

I saw a tweet from Nikki Sixx recently saying that rehearsals for SIXX AM are going well, sounds like they are touring.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4594 on: February 03, 2015, 09:30:32 AM »

But the level of paranoia on your part is astounding.  

#1, you are always chiding us for not being positive and imploring us to be more supportive.  That interview drew near universal optimism and good vibes.  I have to say only "near universal", because there seems to be an exception...YOU!!  You finally have people excited again, but you can't help looking 3 steps ahead and feel the need to lay groundwork now to cushion the blow if it doesn't come off.  So when faced with having a site full of positive excited people, or protecting Axl at all costs even if it means tamping some of that enthusiasm down, you pick the latter.  Protecting Axl at all times is paramount.  That's misguided.

#2, the fact you feel you have to do all this speaks to your own doubt.  You obviously see more than a good chance this doesn't pan out.  And it just chaps your fucking ass that the "whiners and haters" will have those pesky questions down the line.  Instead of joining the rest of us being happy about this, you are more concerned with covering all your bases and making sure never is heard a discouraging word down the line if it doesn't pan out, which you seem to think there is at least a decent chance of it playing out that way.

So, in conclusion, take you own advice.  Be happy with what we were given, which was positive news.  Don't be so worried about it not panning out.

Choose to believe.  If a disgraceful fake fan like me can do it, so can a loyal and noble supporter such as yourself.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #4595 on: February 03, 2015, 09:31:24 AM »

The Replacements have scheduled shows in Europe in late May, early June.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4596 on: February 03, 2015, 09:32:40 AM »

I don't see any touring for GNR until the fall, if at all.

And I'm good with it.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4597 on: February 03, 2015, 09:32:52 AM »

Just a few examples.

yeah I have no problem with a tour announced for next week...

It's just that with GNR you have a lot of pieces who really have nothing to do with the decision process...and a lot of them who do other things... well... all of them... so last minute planning is probably not ideal.

For some reason it's always Ron's plans going down the toilet  hihi

I feel bad for him, don't get me wrong. It's just a bit comical.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4598 on: February 03, 2015, 09:34:04 AM »

And I'm good with it.

I'm with you. If I got the choice between album and tour, I choose album every time.

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4599 on: February 03, 2015, 09:43:15 AM »

And I'm good with it.

I'm with you. If I got the choice between album and tour, I choose album every time.

Exactly. 

Because the tour can come later at any time.  We're not going anywhere.

Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: