Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:21:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681881 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4560 on: February 02, 2015, 06:14:34 PM »

DJ Ashba says guns will do quite a bit of touring in 2015

And TheBaconman waits patiently with his MasterCard out, ready to purchase tickets

Tickets? You're a lucky guy baconman !! Good for you !!

Which would you prefer: to have the new cd before the shows or to discover the new songs live?  peace

Honestly I would prefer to have a new album released before the tour.  And then, the tour would be in support of the new album with many new songs off that album played live

If guns just tours this year and plays a couple new songs that I get to see live, I will still be happy

If guns tours and plays no new songs and has the same set list as previous years.  I will still be happy, just not as happy as the two above

If there is no tour or no new album or no new material this year.  I won't be very happy
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4561 on: February 02, 2015, 06:16:14 PM »

Just what exactly are fans twisting then?

Well, there's been cases where Axl, for example, has talked about hoping and/or wishing to do certain things and those have pretty much been made into promises.
There's been things said which have been creatively interpreted into meaning something else.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4562 on: February 02, 2015, 06:17:05 PM »

your life sucks, loser.

You're probably a virgin too.

Excuse me?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #4563 on: February 02, 2015, 06:28:11 PM »

Well, there's been cases where Axl, for example, has talked about hoping and/or wishing to do certain things and those have pretty much been made into promises.
There's been things said which have been creatively interpreted into meaning something else.

/jarmo

Exactly. Sometimes it seems that some fans think Axl owes them new music just because they bought his previous cds. How silly is this?  confused 
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4564 on: February 02, 2015, 06:39:08 PM »

/jarmo

Exactly. Sometimes it seems that some fans think Axl owes them new music just because they bought his previous cds. How silly is this?  confused 

To me there is nothing more valuable then time. I personally have invested countless hours of my time supporting this band, with enjoyable returns. 

Well Axl and the band do not owe me anything, as I am not about to send them an invoice for my time

It would be nice if I wasn't strung along at times.   I.e waiting for the sake of waiting.  I would like to schedual trips this year to see the band.  I would like to buy tickets.  Sometimes I can't do things spur of the moment, so what's the plan for 2015...   If there is a tour/concert can we at least get some kinda hint towards what country it might be in with a rough time of the year?   If there isn't a tour would be nice to know, as then I may take another trip I wouldn't necessarily take if I was travelling to see gnr.   

I don't think that's asking for to much
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4565 on: February 02, 2015, 08:05:42 PM »

So...what, fans need a code breaker to read an interview?

Guy tells us he's got a bunch of finished material he's going to take a look at releasing, is he saying something else?

Isn't that good news?  Is it the job of "good fans" to tell others to pump the brakes and not get so excited already?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4566 on: February 02, 2015, 10:24:43 PM »

Guy tells us he's got a bunch of finished material he's going to take a look at releasing, is he saying something else?

Isn't that good news?  Is it the job of "good fans" to tell others to pump the brakes and not get so excited already?

An example is the March 2007 tentative release date. Even though Axl emphasized that it was no promise or guarantee, I have often seen that one refered to by fans as a broken promise, giving him a bad rep. People remember what they want to remember.

The question is, should he have said anything at all?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 10:27:44 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4567 on: February 02, 2015, 11:07:23 PM »

An example is the March 2007 tentative release date. Even though Axl emphasized that it was no promise or guarantee, I have often seen that one refered to by fans as a broken promise, giving him a bad rep. People remember what they want to remember.

I don't think its asking to much for Axl or managment to come out either year end or the beginning of the year and talk about there plan for the year or talk about the year that was.

Right now we get nothing   With a sort of accept what you get attititude   
mortismurphy
« Reply #4568 on: February 02, 2015, 11:11:16 PM »

You, fan with entitlement issues, you. Axl does not owe you anything.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4569 on: February 02, 2015, 11:49:04 PM »

I don't think its asking to much for Axl or managment to come out either year end or the beginning of the year and talk about there plan for the year or talk about the year that was.

No, I agree. If it was up to me, I would have wanted Axl to give us updates every week. With more regular updates, we would get the memo if something has changed since the last time. I understand that there's really no reason to report if nothing has happened since the last time, but I believe they have enough new info to warrant an update more often than months, years at a time.

The problem arises when you only give an update once a year or less. If something doesn't pan out the way you thought and there's just silence instead of a new update. The fans, the press will hold that against you. In the above example (March 2007), there was an update from Del before the time "ran out", but not many people remember that I think. It would have stuck more if it had come from Axl himself maybe. The result was that Axl gets painted as "the bad guy" unfortunately.

Although..

It's not entirely true that we "get nothing". Axl spoke of releasing material last year. Richard, Dj and Dizzy spoke of it. Not to the details we maybe would have wanted, and there's the area I would like to see some improvement. Even without a release date, a progress update on either the recording process or the work on the finishing stages with either mixing, mastering or the label.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4570 on: February 02, 2015, 11:54:49 PM »

You, fan with entitlement issues, you. Axl does not owe you anything.

This has been so played out..

Bring some originality to the comedy.  Wink

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4571 on: February 03, 2015, 12:11:14 AM »

No, I agree. If it was up to me, I would have wanted Axl to give us updates every week. With more regular updates, we would get the memo if something has changed since the last time. I understand that there's really no reason to report if nothing has happened since the last time, but I believe they have enough new info to warrant an update more often than months, years at a time.

The problem arises when you only give an update once a year or less. If something doesn't pan out the way you thought and there's just silence instead of a new update. The fans, the press will hold that against you. In the above example (March 2007), there was an update from Del before the time "ran out", but not many people remember that I think. It would have stuck more if it had come from Axl himself maybe. The result was that Axl gets painted as "the bad guy" unfortunately.

Although..

It's not entirely true that we "get nothing". Axl spoke of releasing material last year. Richard, Dj and Dizzy spoke of it. Not to the details we maybe would have wanted, and there's the area I would like to see some improvement. Even without a release date, a progress update on either the recording process or the work on the finishing stages with either mixing, mastering or the label.

I wouldn't be a fan of weekly updates.   The elusiveness of Axl adds to the mystery and makes the band what it is.  But what we do get for updates from the band and managment can be seen as pretty close to nothing.   

So DI said they are going to your quite a bit this year.   Well let's go boys.   Let's announce something so your fans arnt left holding there junk in the cold scrambling to make last min travel plans to see the band they love.  If they arnt going to tour then come out and say that as well.   

As for new music and new announcements regarding that.   We have been down that road many times, I will be happy with anything

But with touring, come on.  Give your fans something to bite on

When was the last anouncment about anything from guns n roses managment?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4572 on: February 03, 2015, 12:22:38 AM »

The "once a week" was an exaggeration, obviously. More often was the point.

As far as touring announcements, I'm sure they'll announce as soon as things are in place. I can't see any interim information about that coming out. What should that be?

"Yes, we still plan on touring" doesn't help you buy any plane tickets.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 12:26:32 AM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4573 on: February 03, 2015, 12:32:11 AM »

The "once a week" was an exaggeration, obviously. More often was the point.

As far as touring announcements, I'm sure they'll announce as soon as things are in place. I can't see any interim information about that coming out. What should that be?

"Yes, we still plan on touring" doesn't help you buy any plane tickets.

Well What do you get out of touring quite a bit?

I am just going out on a limb here and saying guns will not be touring in jan or feb of this year

How about a spring summer fall or winter tour?

Well for a spring tour March april may...   It would be nice to know at least the country they are touring in.... 

For example.  I am planning a baseball trip for May.  Well if guns is not not touring in may in select countries or cities   I will rebook my baseball trip and go see guns...     I guess I am just a greedy fan though who is excited rotting the band he loves to actually anounce there plans.  So me as a fan can make some plans

Nothing good comes from the band or managment keeping things so tight lipped.   
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4574 on: February 03, 2015, 12:40:00 AM »

If they come out with this type of information prematurely, who's gonna get the flaming if things change? I think it is better to wait for final confirmation before going public.

Could they improve on getting things in place sooner, sure. But I don't think this is an issue of them holding back confirmed information.

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4575 on: February 03, 2015, 01:52:00 AM »

If they come out with this type of information prematurely, who's gonna get the flaming if things change? I think it is better to wait for final confirmation before going public.

Could they improve on getting things in place sooner, sure. But I don't think this is an issue of them holding back confirmed information.

I totally agree with this

Guns should only pass on information if things are 100 percent for certain.  I.e a tour is booked for these dates...  Or you will see the album in stores on this exact date...

I really hope they are not holding back details of things that are planned.   

That being said.  If they are not holding back details of a tour this year....

What can we expect?   Venues need to be booked etc... 

I am not worried about guns holding back plans.  I am more worried about them not having plans for this year.   I know it early feb, but what about a spring tour?  We should know about these things months in advance
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #4576 on: February 03, 2015, 06:22:21 AM »

DJ is touring Apr 8th-29th, so doubt anything is happening then.  Don't see the band listed on any summer festivals either.  I'm guessing fall or winter at best.
Some bands are already announcing October dates, but GNR always seems to announce things much closer.
Makes it a pain in the ass to hold onto vacation time "in case" they tour.
Anyways.....here's hoping we see them this year.

I would LOVE another residency!

Frank.....I need a drumstick for the collection.

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
mortismurphy
« Reply #4577 on: February 03, 2015, 07:31:25 AM »

Axl does like things a bit, Area 51 or Bermuda Triangle. That seems to be how he likes to operate
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4578 on: February 03, 2015, 07:42:32 AM »

DJ is touring Apr 8th-29th, so doubt anything is happening then.  Don't see the band listed on any summer festivals either.  I'm guessing fall or winter at best.
Some bands are already announcing October dates, but GNR always seems to announce things much closer.
Makes it a pain in the ass to hold onto vacation time "in case" they tour.
Anyways.....here's hoping we see them this year.

I would LOVE another residency!

Frank.....I need a drumstick for the collection.

I would take another residency any day.   Better than nothing

And yes you hit it perfect.   Spring is done.  Summer festivels?  They are all anounced.....   So for a quite a bit of touring.  It will probably be in the fall i guess.    
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4579 on: February 03, 2015, 07:58:52 AM »

It's been pointed out that the "problem" is people taking anything said and either misunderstanding it (sometimes on purpose) or taking it as a promise.

You can have an update like Axl saying "we'll start looking at the next record" and some will start counting the days until the release is gonna happen according to their time frame. If it doesn't happen, they'll be posting about how they were pretty much promised an album by that time.

Excitement is good. But it easily tips over to be something negative.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: