Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:19:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681861 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #4540 on: February 02, 2015, 11:18:46 AM »

Tommy had quite a few very candid interviews.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4541 on: February 02, 2015, 11:20:10 AM »

Proposing? Don't be silly.

We're talking about adults here, they can make their own decisions. In case you haven't noticed, things they say tend to get over analyzed to the point where it might be better to say less in order to not have to correct things later.

You should know how this works, after all we've had to ask you for clarifications on things you've said in the past.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4542 on: February 02, 2015, 11:21:55 AM »

Or it's just common sense. Do you talk about stuff you're not 100% sure you should talk about? Safer not to.

Yeah, "safer".  As in, lest incur the wrath.

I'm pretty sure that all these guys have some kind of experience with things they've said having been taken out of context at some point. I'm sure they've learned their lesson.

And what would that be?  What exiting or compelling stuff do these guys ever say about the band they are in that might be taken out of context?

Not one of them does an interview about the band itself.  So much of what we do get is a thrown in question when they are promoting some dopey side project or some such.  

And when the questions come, its a mix of "beats the shit out of me" and "you know better than to ask me that".  

At that point, you only have 2 ways to view that, and they both stink.  They truly have no idea what is going on, or they have been told to keep a lid on it.  Either of those suck.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 11:26:34 AM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4543 on: February 02, 2015, 11:23:34 AM »

We're talking about adults here, they can make their own decisions. In case you haven't noticed, things they say tend to get over analyzed to the point where it might be better to say less in order to not have to correct things later.

One of the downsides of only speaking on the record every blue moon.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4544 on: February 02, 2015, 11:57:38 AM »

And what would that be?  What exiting or compelling stuff do these guys ever say about the band they are in that might be taken out of context?

Richard had to deny that he had announced a tour in 2009. And then you got most things Axl has ever said.... hihi

Not one does interviews about the band? Check out some Tommy interviews available on this very site.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #4545 on: February 02, 2015, 02:25:18 PM »

Axl - when someone comes out and says ''there is a trilogy in the works', am I misreading that person out of context by assuming, ''there is a trilogy in the works''? I had to take Axl at his word here, so, forgive me if I start asking inconvenient questions like, ''where is the trilogy then?''
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4546 on: February 02, 2015, 02:49:27 PM »

Axl - when someone comes out and says ''there is a trilogy in the works', am I misreading that person out of context by assuming, ''there is a trilogy in the works''? I had to take Axl at his word here, so, forgive me if I start asking inconvenient questions like, ''where is the trilogy then?''

Keep waiting! Hold that breath!  hihi

Considering he made those comments in 2002, maybe he changed his mind?  Tongue

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #4547 on: February 02, 2015, 02:56:52 PM »

Keep waiting! Hold that breath!  hihi

Considering he made those comments in 2002, maybe he changed his mind?  Tongue

/jarmo

He certainly did. I do not think he had much an idea of anything really.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #4548 on: February 02, 2015, 03:28:41 PM »

It is certainly understandable that not much is said, when every statement gets twisted and scrutinized 3 ways from Sunday.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
mortismurphy
« Reply #4549 on: February 02, 2015, 03:46:26 PM »

What is actually getting twisted here? If Fortus or somebody says, ''we are working on an album, sifting through the material'', you have to take him at his word and assume they are working on an album. If it does not come about, we are naturally going to ask, 'what happened?'. Axl discussing 'double albums' and 'trilogies' inherently raises the question, 'what happened?' If Ashba produces 'ten demos' for Axl's consumption, we have to assume the event happened as described. None of these were twisted: they merely raised questions, when the events in them, did not come about.

It was not the 'whiners' who invented these gargantuan figures, of songs Axl supposedly has in the vault. It is Axl, his colleagues and entourage who fed us these statistics.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4550 on: February 02, 2015, 04:18:46 PM »

So in order to prove the twisting of words and taking things out of context theory wrong, you act all innocent and actually quote things correctly, so none of the described could have never happened?

You're not fooling anybody. Smiley

/jarmo

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4551 on: February 02, 2015, 04:30:58 PM »

It would be nice to get a current state of the union address from Axl or management

Forget everything that has been said years past, things change. 

But a current game plan for this year at least

If we don't get something like that then people are just going to speculate on past statements from the band, no matter how old they are
mortismurphy
« Reply #4552 on: February 02, 2015, 04:41:36 PM »

So in order to prove the twisting of words and taking things out of context theory wrong, you act all innocent and actually quote things correctly, so none of the described could have never happened?

/jarmo

Just what exactly are fans twisting then?

We fans cannot be trusted with interview without twisting them haha.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4553 on: February 02, 2015, 05:13:12 PM »

/jarmo

Just what exactly are fans twisting then?

We fans cannot be trusted with interview without twisting them haha.

I also don't know what the fans have twisted

I understand that some members of the band may have spoken out of place, regarding future tours or albums releases.  But that's not the fans fault for holding the band accountable for things members of the band have said

I guess the fans could show zero interest in things.  I guess we could not question anything.  I guess we could not expect anything  I guess we could just wait for something to happen

Sure would make things dull though

I am quite happy living my life, enjoying a vast variety of things   Mean while, questioning my favourite band for some all time silly decisions.  While also applauding them for some all time great decisions
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4554 on: February 02, 2015, 05:26:28 PM »

It was not the 'whiners' who invented these gargantuan figures, of songs Axl supposedly has in the vault. It is Axl, his colleagues and entourage who fed us these statistics.

Good rule of thumb.

If Axl's past statements put some whiner in their place (as the poster sees it), post them and don't change a word.  Its all in black and white, hater.

Something didn't pan out?  Never happened?  Well, don't take those comments at face value.  You are just twisting what he said, hater.

Yes, in both scenarios, you are the hater.  Sorry, I don't make the rules.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4555 on: February 02, 2015, 05:28:35 PM »

I am quite happy living my life, enjoying a vast variety of things   Mean while, questioning my favourite band for some all time silly decisions.  While also applauding them for some all time great decisions

Um...pretty sure if you have the temerity to ask why Axl wasted so many years of his prime, its because your life sucks, loser.

You're probably a virgin too.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4556 on: February 02, 2015, 05:44:10 PM »

Um...pretty sure if you have the temerity to ask why Axl wasted so many years of his prime, its because your life sucks, loser.

You're probably a virgin too.

Just think Axl was around 31 years old when he started this quest of Chinese Democracy

This has been the majority of his professional career devoted to this project

I will give the man credit for sticking to his "guns" during all this.  I did get a great album out of the process and some great live shows

However I would like more communication from the band and management   

So what's the plan for this year?   New music and touring right? 

So let's just stick to touring.   For a spring tour, we would of heard of something by now.    How about a summer tour?  When is the latest we should hear about that
gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #4557 on: February 02, 2015, 05:47:19 PM »

It is certainly understandable that not much is said, when every statement gets twisted and scrutinized 3 ways from Sunday.

Axl says "the next record is done".

Journalist reports "Axl says he's done the next record".

Fan understands "Axl says he's done with the next record".

Etc etc... I've seen it all a million times !!!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4558 on: February 02, 2015, 06:02:37 PM »

Axl says "the next record is done".

Journalist reports "Axl says he's done the next record".

Fan understands "Axl says he's done with the next record".

Etc etc... I've seen it all a million times !!!

DJ Ashba says guns will do quite a bit of touring in 2015

And TheBaconman waits patiently with his MasterCard out, ready to purchase tickets
gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #4559 on: February 02, 2015, 06:09:08 PM »

DJ Ashba says guns will do quite a bit of touring in 2015

And TheBaconman waits patiently with his MasterCard out, ready to purchase tickets

Tickets? You're a lucky guy baconman !! Good for you !!

Which would you prefer: to have the new cd before the shows or to discover the new songs live?  peace
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: