Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:22:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1682083 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4520 on: January 30, 2015, 04:28:07 PM »

Exactly. Yet that was the message Ron kept putting out to the press at times. That the band didn't write together. Like that actually means nothing was or could've been done.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4521 on: January 30, 2015, 06:01:16 PM »

Exactly. Yet that was the message Ron kept putting out to the press at times. That the band didn't write together. Like that actually means nothing was or could've been done.

/jarmo

You have to wonder what his intent was in doing that, because he said that a lot.  Why go out of your way to diminish the next GNR release?
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4522 on: January 30, 2015, 06:10:51 PM »

/jarmo

You have to wonder what his intent was in doing that, because he said that a lot.  Why go out of your way to diminish the next GNR release?

He seems to be trying to play the media/internet with comments like this. 

Like hey I want to write with this band and put out albums, but they are not letting me   It's not my fault.  Pity him right. But make sure to buy his solo album.  Ugh
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4523 on: January 30, 2015, 06:48:01 PM »

Not sure. Sometimes fans took it as meaning whatever Dj was saying to not be true. So in essence, what it did was to discredit Dj's comments. When in reality neither one lied.
Different points of view I guess.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4524 on: January 30, 2015, 06:56:45 PM »

Not sure. Sometimes fans took it as meaning whatever Dj was saying to not be true. So in essence, what it did was to discredit Dj's comments. When in reality neither one lied.
Different points of view I guess.

/jarmo

I am the biggest supporter of guns n roses band members doing press.  Doing media, supporting gnr, not there solo stuff.  I think nothing would be better

But everyone has to be on the same page

When they are not.   You get a mess like this.  With different band members saying different things.  That discredit each other

Personally I think there is a certain gag order put in place on band members current and past on what they are allowed to talk about in public regarding guns

And really the more I learn about things.   The more I see why that would be in place
gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #4525 on: February 01, 2015, 08:11:01 AM »

Hi everyone ! Would you rather have an annoucement with a release date with the name of the album, the tracklist etc etc or would you prefer the album to come out unexpectedly and be a complete surprise? Why?  peace
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #4526 on: February 01, 2015, 08:14:32 AM »

Hi everyone ! Would you rather have an annoucement with a release date with the name of the album, the tracklist etc etc or would you prefer the album to come out unexpectedly and be a complete surprise? Why?  peace
I would prefer a more quick release, why its more fun. And gives less time for speculation and leaks to surface.

But without a doubt ill take what ever comes.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #4527 on: February 01, 2015, 09:31:50 AM »

Either is good for me.

Whilst I like the idea of an album just dropping, part of me would miss the anticipation and build up - so long as that's not too long!

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #4528 on: February 01, 2015, 10:42:46 AM »

I just hope it is not out there before the official release dates. Why record companies agree to free streaming weeks before online etc is beyond me!
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4529 on: February 01, 2015, 10:59:10 AM »

Someone mentioned this before and I think it's a great idea. If the band were to release a new song every month or so leading up to an eventual album release, I think it would be a great way to promote and gain interest.  Most purchases are individual song purchases anyhow nowadays (iTunes), so I highly doubt you would be losing any money by not releasing the full album at first.  I also think by doing it this way, a lot of people would give each song a fair listen more than just once.  Attention spans are so short nowadays that I've often seen and heard people taking one quick listen to a song or entire album and then moving on.  If GNR released all their songs over a longer period of time, I believe it could give songs a much better life span and more fair listens.  Radio could be a huge factor in this.   Wouldn't really have to do this with your entire album...Maybe just pick your 3-4 best radio friendly/fan friendly (however you wanna put it) tracks and release them a month apart from each other leading up to the release of the album.  I know a lot of bands use this method with a single, but I think it would be better to do it with more than just one song....many more.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 11:04:41 AM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #4530 on: February 01, 2015, 11:59:16 AM »

I wonder what the band actually wants, and whether this fits in with what the label are willing to offer.

That's the million dollar question I guess.

And the answer to it dictates, imo, when/if we will hear a new album from our favourite band.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 12:00:51 PM by Stardust » Logged

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4531 on: February 01, 2015, 04:31:52 PM »

Back when CD was released how much time prior to the release did we know it was coming out?  I can't seem to remember

11 months to go in this year for a release.  Say the albums comes out in November.  What is the soonest we would here the rumors
Also how much notice due guns usually give for touring?  Let's say they plan on touring this summer.  When's the latest they would announce the dates and cities.    I would think that it would have to be booked some what ahead of time. For booking venues, pre sale of tickets, promoting the tour etc...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4532 on: February 01, 2015, 04:32:48 PM »

Either is good for me.

Whilst I like the idea of an album just dropping, part of me would miss the anticipation and build up - so long as that's not too long!

Yes, drops of information about the album coming out in the months leading up to the release is the way to go I think. It builds anticipation amongst the fans. -besides, it keeps us busy at the boards.  hihi

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4533 on: February 01, 2015, 04:34:52 PM »

Back when CD was released how much time prior to the release did we know it was coming out?  I can't seem to remember

11 months to go in this year for a release.  Say the albums comes out in November.  What is the soonest we would here the rumors
Also how much notice due guns usually give for touring?  Let's say they plan on touring this summer.  When's the latest they would announce the dates and cities.    I would think that it would have to be booked some what ahead of time. For booking venues, pre sale of tickets, promoting the tour etc...

The Best Buy deal was official in September I think, with rumors about it starting in August.

Shackler's was the first song confirmed as far as I can remember, coming out on Rock Band.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4534 on: February 01, 2015, 05:22:36 PM »

Something like this:

November 23rd: Release
November 20th: Hear the album on Myspace
November 17th: "Better" on the radio today
October 22nd: Chinese Democracy press release from management and Best Buy
October 21st: The new single, Chinese Democracy, on the radio tomorrow
October 17th: Best Buy adds Chinese Democracy tracklist and release date
September 26th: New track called If The World to appear in Body Of Lies movie
July 14th: Rock Band 2 to feature new GN'R song "Shackler's Revenge"

/jarmo

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4535 on: February 01, 2015, 06:28:50 PM »

Something like this:

/jarmo

Ex

Thanks!

So with that time line above they used roughly a 4-5 months strategy to promote/build  excitement for the album

I am looking  forward to see what guns strategy is on this next album.  Just by going by that timeline above   I would say if we have not heard or seen anything about the next album come summer.  It won't be coming out this year. Come the end of August and we still haven't heard anything, I won't be so optimistic for 2015 calandra release of new music.  Fingers are crossed, but like Axl said. I am not holding my breath
gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #4536 on: February 02, 2015, 12:45:17 AM »

Something like this:

/jarmo

Thanks for the timeline Jarmo ! So the album actually came out on a sunday in the USA. What was that tuesday talk about then? Merck said something like "there are X tuesdays left in the year and Chinese will come out on one of them".
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4537 on: February 02, 2015, 09:27:10 AM »

Personally I think there is a certain gag order put in place on band members current and past on what they are allowed to talk about in public regarding guns

Many of us think that.

Of course, bring it up, and you are told that if you cannot produce a signed document, right here, right now...it didn't happen.

But that's simply a means to distort the issue by focusing on its literal interpretation.  Did they sign an actual document forbidding them to speak?  No, likely not. 

However, have they been told, either directly or indirectly to not speak their minds?  I think it hard to argue that hasn't happened on some level.  Its been 15 years, and we are still waiting on our first interesting interview from anyone in this band besides Axl. 

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4538 on: February 02, 2015, 10:56:32 AM »

Thanks for the timeline Jarmo ! So the album actually came out on a sunday in the USA. What was that tuesday talk about then?

Tuesdays are the traditional new album release days in the USA. But it's become more common to release albums on other days once leaks and the Internet started becoming a thing.

But that's simply a means to distort the issue by focusing on its literal interpretation.  Did they sign an actual document forbidding them to speak?  No, likely not. 

However, have they been told, either directly or indirectly to not speak their minds?  I think it hard to argue that hasn't happened on some level.  Its been 15 years, and we are still waiting on our first interesting interview from anyone in this band besides Axl. 

Or it's just common sense. Do you talk about stuff you're not 100% sure you should talk about? Safer not to.

I'm pretty sure that all these guys have some kind of experience with things they've said having been taken out of context at some point. I'm sure they've learned their lesson.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 10:59:43 AM by jarmo » Logged

mortismurphy
« Reply #4539 on: February 02, 2015, 11:11:57 AM »

Or it's just common sense. Do you talk about stuff you're not 100% sure you should talk about? Safer not to.

I'm pretty sure that all these guys have some kind of experience with things they've said having been taken out of context at some point. I'm sure they've learned their lesson.

/jarmo

What the heck sort of band are you proposing here?

I hope any band member of any band can speak freely at all times.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: