Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:22:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1682082 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4500 on: January 29, 2015, 01:53:27 PM »

Yeah, seems weird.

I did think it was unfair that DJ got blamed for the SCOM debacle at Golden Gods.  I thought that was on the guitar tech, not him.

However, if that guy was not fired after the show, then its on DJ going forward.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #4501 on: January 29, 2015, 02:19:54 PM »

Question for you Jarmo please: when the album comes out, how will you cope with the extra visitors? Like is there a way to make sure this site will not crash?  nervous
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4502 on: January 29, 2015, 02:21:52 PM »

Question for you Jarmo please: when the album comes out, how will you cope with the extra visitors? Like is there a way to make sure this site will not crash?  nervous

In the busiest times there's been over 900 people at the board at the same time, can't remember it crashing.  ok

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #4503 on: January 29, 2015, 02:25:19 PM »

In the busiest times there's been over 900 people at the board at the same time, can't remember it crashing.  ok

Thanks Spirit !! Do you remember when that was? I guess that must've have been the leaks thing or maybe the House of Blues concert back in 2001. Am I right?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4504 on: January 29, 2015, 02:30:20 PM »

Thanks Spirit !! Do you remember when that was? I guess that must've have been the leaks thing or maybe the House of Blues concert back in 2001. Am I right?

I think generally if GNR has been out of the spotlight for a while, and then suddenly makes an appearance it generates curiosity. Like the first night of a tour. Most members online was 981 in 2009 when they played Taiwan, first concert after the album release.

There's a stat page on the bottom of the main board page.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4505 on: January 29, 2015, 02:31:01 PM »

December 2009, first days of the tour.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FootSoldier
Headliner

Crawls Through Your Veins Like Millions of Spiders

« Reply #4506 on: January 29, 2015, 07:33:58 PM »

Hi all,

been away from the board for quite a while. I moved from Australia to the USA and started college so it has been hectic.

hope everyone is well and that 2015 turns out to be THE year we have all been waiting for... well except for that other year that we were all waiting for, but that one has already happened, so onward and upwards!!!!  peace

---GNR---
Melbourne, Australia - 15 & 16 June  2007
Adelaide, Australia - 07 December  2010
Las Vegas, USA -  09 & 10 November  2012
Melbourne, Australia - 16 & 17 March 2013
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4507 on: January 29, 2015, 09:02:10 PM »

So I have read many times that DJ has sent Axl various demos.  Of what I duno.  Full songa?  Guitar solos?  Full insramental guitar songs?   Just vocals?   I duno

What ever it is though wouldnt DJ have to get into a studio though to put any of that on master?

DJ seems to tweet everything.   And posts things online

I have never seen him mention that or have heard anything about it

Just saying if he hasnt been to the studio and the record was to come out this year and any of his work was to be featured on it.  He better get in there soon
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #4508 on: January 30, 2015, 09:40:48 AM »

DJ has his own home studio. He's a producer. He's well versed in the process. I would guess he's sent Axl song ideas with guitars, no vocals. That's where Axl comes in.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4509 on: January 30, 2015, 09:50:33 AM »

DJ has his own home studio. He's a producer. He's well versed in the process. I would guess he's sent Axl song ideas with guitars, no vocals. That's where Axl comes in.

Well it's not normally were Axl comes in.  CD was the first album where Axl wrote the lyrics for every song.  It's quite possible that other members of the current band, including DJ have supplied Axl with not only written music, but with written lyrics as well
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #4510 on: January 30, 2015, 09:56:33 AM »

Well it's not normally were Axl comes in.  CD was the first album where Axl wrote the lyrics for every song.  It's quite possible that other members of the current band, including DJ have supplied Axl with not only written music, but with written lyrics as well
Anything is possible. Obviously "Going Down" had lyrics that were apparently not written by Axl. We'll just have to wait and see.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #4511 on: January 30, 2015, 10:33:03 AM »

Hi all,

been away from the board for quite a while. I moved from Australia to the USA and started college so it has been hectic.

hope everyone is well and that 2015 turns out to be THE year we have all been waiting for... well except for that other year that we were all waiting for, but that one has already happened, so onward and upwards!!!!  peace

Great attitude, hope you are doing well with your relocation and studies  ok

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4512 on: January 30, 2015, 10:35:28 AM »

Yes, but you gotta remember, from all the things we've heard, that's not how Axl works.
The "hey, here's a song I wrote, put some words to it" way.

I think what could happen is that some of those ideas might end up being incorporated into somebody else's idea(s) and be turned into a song.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4513 on: January 30, 2015, 11:44:02 AM »

Yes, but you gotta remember, from all the things we've heard, that's not how Axl works.

I think what could happen is that some of those ideas might end up being incorporated into somebody else's idea(s) and be turned into a song.

/jarmo

I would agree.  When you have 2-3 albums worth of material, many with finished vocals already on them, I don't really see extensive song-building going on behind the scenes with Axl.

Think about the original demos of TWAT & IRS from the 1999 Sean Beaven sessions, prior to Bucket joining the fold.  Once Bucket got ahold of them, the sound of the songs kind of morphed.  Hopefully DJ will impact some of the tracks on the next album in a similar way.
FootSoldier
Headliner

Crawls Through Your Veins Like Millions of Spiders

« Reply #4514 on: January 30, 2015, 12:51:30 PM »

I think people do forget sometimes how highly regarded DJ is inside the industry as a song writer and producer. He has not only done Sixx AM but he has written songs with Neil Diamond and Dolly Parton and acted as a producer for them as well.

I agree that I'm very interested to see what DJ brings to the table with new GNR material. His contribution to the band morale wise has been immense so far, he is all about the fans and that is so great!

---GNR---
Melbourne, Australia - 15 & 16 June  2007
Adelaide, Australia - 07 December  2010
Las Vegas, USA -  09 & 10 November  2012
Melbourne, Australia - 16 & 17 March 2013
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #4515 on: January 30, 2015, 01:14:36 PM »

I think people do forget sometimes how highly regarded DJ is inside the industry as a song writer and producer. He has not only done Sixx AM but he has written songs with Neil Diamond and Dolly Parton and acted as a producer for them as well.

I agree that I'm very interested to see what DJ brings to the table with new GNR material. His contribution to the band morale wise has been immense so far, he is all about the fans and that is so great!

I have seen people exiting shows that are very impressed by DJ, am looking forward to see what he brings to an album.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #4516 on: January 30, 2015, 01:34:09 PM »

I have seen people exiting shows that are very impressed by DJ, am looking forward to see what he brings to an album.

He's both skilled and down to earth. I sure hope his killer Bella Vita solo will shine on the album !!  peace
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4517 on: January 30, 2015, 02:37:14 PM »

/jarmo

I think the "hey here is a song put song lyrics! Etc"   Worked on a couple of songs on CD.    The actual song writing would have to be far supiour to anything else and really impresss Axl   I think.   Just look at the song credits.  Some have many guys, Axl taking many ideas putting them all on one.   Some just have a couple.  Axl and a music writer.   Take the song Sorry for example
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4518 on: January 30, 2015, 02:41:02 PM »

Years ago when 3 of us went on a road trip to see guns the only reason a young buddy of mine wanted to go was because DJ was in the band   I had no clue who he was.   But after seeing him I made my young buddy sleep in another room hahaha jk

In all due respect for DJ.   He does have good strange presence.  I think he poses at times too much, but whatever

He is a good guitar player

The biggest thing he brings to guns is his already built in fan base, as I noted to above.  That is huge to getting guns music out to a new generation
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #4519 on: January 30, 2015, 04:02:57 PM »

/jarmo

True. That's sort of the point I was getting at. Just because the entire band seemingly hasn't locked each other in a room for a week doesn't mean work can't get done.

Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: