Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:30:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1682239 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4480 on: January 28, 2015, 03:38:23 PM »

I seriously cannot wait until we see what the tracklist is for this mofo.  I honestly wonder how many of the song titles we've been hearing about for years are going to make it on the album.

A big surprise on Chinese Democracy was "This I Love".  We heard about it years and years ago around 1993, when Axl said he wrote it in Paris and that it was the "heaviest" song he'd written up to that point.  But we never, at least to my knowledge, were aware that the Chinese Democracy lineup were working on it.  Wonder if there will me surprises along those lines on the followup album.

It surprised me that some of the songs originates from stuff Slash had been working on.

Oklahoma (Berlin) is also one of the earliest known titles. If it originates all the way back to the early 90s I don't know, but the inspiration of the song does.

Oklahoma/Berlin was inspired by a 1995 court date which fell on the day of the Oklahoma City bombing, so yeah, definitely was written while Slash was still around, though, if he worked on it at all is anyone's guess.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4481 on: January 28, 2015, 04:08:29 PM »

I seriously cannot wait until we see what the tracklist is for this mofo.  I honestly wonder how many of the song titles we've been hearing about for years are going to make it on the album.

A big surprise on Chinese Democracy was "This I Love".  We heard about it years and years ago around 1993, when Axl said he wrote it in Paris and that it was the "heaviest" song he'd written up to that point.  But we never, at least to my knowledge, were aware that the Chinese Democracy lineup were working on it.  Wonder if there will me surprises along those lines on the followup album.

It surprised me that some of the songs originates from stuff Slash had been working on.

Oklahoma (Berlin) is also one of the earliest known titles. If it originates all the way back to the early 90s I don't know, but the inspiration of the song does.

Oklahoma/Berlin was inspired by a 1995 court date which fell on the day of the Oklahoma City bombing, so yeah, definitely was written while Slash was still around, though, if he worked on it at all is anyone's guess.

Even though the inspiration of the song was from an event in 1995, it doesn't mean Axl began working on the song at the same time. Hard to say.

This I Love was definitely a surprise on CD, I never thought we'd get to hear that one.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #4482 on: January 28, 2015, 06:24:51 PM »

Hi guys this is my first post here, after years of reading you guys   ok

Personally I'm convinced the band's next effort will be worth the wait because Axl has NEVER disappointed me as an artist.

I also really hope that DJ's solos Ballad of Death and Bella Vita really shine on the next album: they sound extrememly promising to me !!  peace

Question for you guys: I wonder if these 2 pieces are meant to be guitar solos within songs or if the band can use them like right from the beginning of a song?

Talikng about "big guns", maybe these 2 "solos" will be rocking together in ONE super-epic masterpiece... What do you think?  drool
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4483 on: January 28, 2015, 06:29:03 PM »

Hi guys this is my first post here, after years of reading you guys   ok

Personally I'm convinced the band's next effort will be worth the wait because Axl has NEVER disappointed me as an artist.

I also really hope that DJ's solos Ballad of Death and Bella Vita really shine on the next album: they sound extrememly promising to me !!  peace

Question for you guys: I wonder if these 2 pieces are meant to be guitar solos within songs or if the band can use them like right from the beginning of a song?

Talikng about "big guns", maybe these 2 "solos" will be rocking together in ONE super-epic masterpiece... What do you think?  drool

Dj did record studio versions of the solos giving them to Axl. If these are intended to be used as more than what they are, I don't know.

They are already instrumental pieces known by name. I doubt they'll be part of a GNR album just as we know them from the shows, but who knows.

Welcome to the board (as a poster)!  Cheesy

Sweetness is a virtue
gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #4484 on: January 28, 2015, 06:51:39 PM »

Thank you Spirit !!  Cool

What makes me excited about these 2 solos is they definitely prove me the band has LOTS of AAA++ material to choose from, just like they said !

Plus this time I will make an effort not to listen to any leaks if they ever pop up because that spoilt the surprise a bit last time around... 

What do you think of DJ's Bella Vita and Ballad of Death?  Wink
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4485 on: January 28, 2015, 06:56:28 PM »

I think if any of them would end up as a GN'R song, it'll not be the exactly way they sounded in concert.

Compare to the piano solo Axl used to play which turned out the be part of Prostitute.

And welcome to the board.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4486 on: January 28, 2015, 07:08:52 PM »

Thank you Spirit !!  Cool

What makes me excited about these 2 solos is they definitely prove me the band has LOTS of AAA++ material to choose from, just like they said !

Plus this time I will make an effort not to listen to any leaks if they ever pop up because that spoilt the surprise a bit last time around... 

What do you think of DJ's Bella Vita and Ballad of Death?  Wink

Ballad of Death is my favorite of the two.

Richard also had a great solo spot during the last legs of the tour that hopefully appears in some form on the album.

I don't know how much you've been following the rumors and information about the next album, but Dj has said that he submitted about 13-14 demos to Axl, so if you're a big fan of Dj's previous work, hopefully those demos are in the same category of quality.

As Jarmo said, the piano part of Prostitute did get played during the concerts in 06-07. Different tempo than the studio version, but it seems like he likes giving us small tastes of what to come (also The General). I know it's been discussed before, but it makes one wonder if he has showcased more material on the piano during the past years. Guess we'll know when we get to hear the album.

Sweetness is a virtue
gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #4487 on: January 28, 2015, 07:10:00 PM »

I think if any of them would end up as a GN'R song, it'll not be the exactly way they sounded in concert.

Compare to the piano solo Axl used to play which turned out the be part of Prostitute.

/jarmo

Hi and thank you Jarmo !!

I agree with you they may differ on the album from what we've heard so far but to me, the bottom line is they do sound super cool and that's what matters !!!  ok

gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #4488 on: January 28, 2015, 07:25:07 PM »

Spirit, I guess anything is possible because that's what rock n' roll is about anyway: unpredictable, rebel and defiant !!  ok

Which songs finally appear on the next album remain a mystery: for example I could never understand why a song as good as Crash Diet never made it on
a record...  Cry
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 07:27:36 PM by gunnersince94 » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4489 on: January 28, 2015, 07:29:17 PM »

Spirit, I guess anything is possible because that's what rock n'roll is about anyway: unpredictable, rebel and defiant !!  ok

Which songs finally appear on the next album remain a mystery: for example I could never understand why a song as good as Crash Diet never made it on

a record...  Cry

Crash Diet is one of the greats!  Smiley

Axl did write that one with West, Del and one of the members of Asphalt Ballet, not sure if he had GNR in mind at the time. I would love to hear a proper studio version with Axl, but I think that is highly unlikely, unfortunately.

Crash Diet is on one of Asphalt Ballet's records in case you haven't heard it.  ok

Sweetness is a virtue
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #4490 on: January 28, 2015, 07:49:25 PM »

Live he used to play that last solo in Street Of Dreams....

/jarmo

His takes on You're Crazy and KOHD also comes to mind.
His solo on Rocket Queen is perfect.
Blacklight Jesus solo is great.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4491 on: January 28, 2015, 07:58:55 PM »

Live he used to play that last solo in Street Of Dreams....

/jarmo

His takes on You're Crazy and KOHD also comes to mind.
His solo on Rocket Queen is perfect.

I know many people complain that KOHD has gotten too long live these days, but I gotta say, the way they've been doing it recently with Richard coming in between Axl doing a "Knock-knock" has been amazing performances by Mr. Fortus.

Rocket Queen as well, you're right.

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4492 on: January 28, 2015, 08:08:42 PM »

It is.

And I'll tell you, I like all of DJ's solos too.  Yes, I've seen all the clips of him goofing up parts of GNR songs.  Bad.

But just talking about those solos, I dig 'em.  So when people say he's a hack, I kind of wonder about that.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4493 on: January 28, 2015, 08:10:29 PM »

A good example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr5svjlOlOo

4:40 and on

This one as well, although it's not 2014 as it says in the description:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XGp2Cp07Mk
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 08:17:09 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4494 on: January 28, 2015, 08:38:27 PM »

Spirit, I guess anything is possible because that's what rock n'roll is about anyway: unpredictable, rebel and defiant !!  ok

a record...  Cry

Crash Diet is one of the greats!  Smiley

Axl did write that one with West, Del and one of the members of Asphalt Ballet, not sure if he had GNR in mind at the time. I would love to hear a proper studio version with Axl, but I think that is highly unlikely, unfortunately.

Crash Diet is on one of Asphalt Ballet's records in case you haven't heard it.  ok

I agree. I would have also liked if they had given a proper studio release of "Just Another Sunday". As far as Richard, my first impression of him is having a cool vibe like Izzy. He just fit easily into the band. 
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4495 on: January 29, 2015, 11:38:18 AM »

/jarmo

I was thinking the same thing in regard to what Axl would do if he incorporated one of DJ's solo spots onto the next album.  Ron said that when he recorded for Chinese, he spent days just recording a whole bunch of stuff, and then Axl and Caram took his parts, edited them, and put them on the tracks accordingly.  He mentioned this is why he had to re-learn his parts before the tour, because they weren't exactly how he recorded them. 

If, say, Ballad of Death is now on a GNR track, it likely will only be recognizable as what he played live, but not exact.  Either way, I'm growing more and more curious as to how DJ will be incorporated on the upcoming release.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #4496 on: January 29, 2015, 11:51:37 AM »

It is.

And I'll tell you, I like all of DJ's solos too.  Yes, I've seen all the clips of him goofing up parts of GNR songs.  Bad.

But just talking about those solos, I dig 'em.  So when people say he's a hack, I kind of wonder about that.

Agree.  He's probably more comfortable in his own skin.  I've never heard a bad performance of BOD (my personal fav of his solos).  Patience...well that's another story.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4497 on: January 29, 2015, 12:12:35 PM »

Agree.  He's probably more comfortable in his own skin.  I've never heard a bad performance of BOD (my personal fav of his solos).  Patience...well that's another story.

Yeah, that clip is just brutal.  And Axl and Ron seemingly laughing at him only adds to the awkwardness.

But his solos are pretty solid, I think. 

On all my boots, I drop every Robin solo out of the playlist because they are all pretty terrible.  But I keep DJ's in there.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4498 on: January 29, 2015, 12:49:44 PM »

Regarding the Patience solo. I think its been taken a bit too seriously. There was a time on tour when the Axl used to sing "It's your thing" in the break in that solo. All those jokes regarding that solo are just for fun. Yet people use it as some kind of example of how the band are horrified about the solo.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG5d4r7KHXo

I'm sure if they were, somebody would've told Dj to change it at some point.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #4499 on: January 29, 2015, 01:05:48 PM »

Regarding the Patience solo. I think its been taken a bit too seriously. There was a time on tour when the Axl used to sing "It's your thing" in the break in that solo. All those jokes regarding that solo are just for fun. Yet people use it as some kind of example of how the band are horrified about the solo.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG5d4r7KHXo

I'm sure if they were, somebody would've told Dj to change it at some point.

/jarmo

Oh, so it's intentionally supposed to sound like that?  Ok.
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: