Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:26:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228553 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1682288 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4460 on: January 27, 2015, 02:51:31 PM »

Richard...man...I know he's credited on some tracks on Chinese, but for the life of me I still cannot make out what parts are his.  I would hope he would get a solo or two on the next album showcasing his chops, as in the current lineup, he is by and far the most soulful and talented guitar player.

I never know what to make of this.  Because its not just you, many give him that tag.

But I agree with you.  I don't see too many instances for him to shine, individually.

So...what's all this praise based on then?

Seen him with Thin Lizzy?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4461 on: January 27, 2015, 02:51:36 PM »

BTW, in the recent Richard video from Australia, he mentioned that he wrote the chorus part of Better, the guitar part during "Now I know you better, You know I know better, Now I know you better". (If you wanted to know some of his parts on Chinese).

I did read that, and yes, it was way cool to hear that he contributed that to the album.  Does anyone know what year Better was recorded?  It had to have been while Bucket was recording with the band 2000-2003, but considering Richard didn't join until mid 2002, and they toured through the end of the year, that leaves 2003.  I didn't realize they were that busy that year.  Can anyone confirm when the song was put together?

Hard to say. It's a Robin song. Could have existed in some form pre-2000, and Richard and Bucket added to it in the 2002-2003 period.

Agreed, really anything's possible. It was likely put together piecemeal over a few years, with each new member putting their mark on it.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4462 on: January 27, 2015, 03:37:03 PM »

BTW, in the recent Richard video from Australia, he mentioned that he wrote the chorus part of Better, the guitar part during "Now I know you better, You know I know better, Now I know you better". (If you wanted to know some of his parts on Chinese).

I did read that, and yes, it was way cool to hear that he contributed that to the album.  Does anyone know what year Better was recorded?  It had to have been while Bucket was recording with the band 2000-2003, but considering Richard didn't join until mid 2002, and they toured through the end of the year, that leaves 2003.  I didn't realize they were that busy that year.  Can anyone confirm when the song was put together?

Hard to say. It's a Robin song. Could have existed in some form pre-2000, and Richard and Bucket added to it in the 2002-2003 period.

I read a robin interiew.  A few years back. Where he said he had wrote better as a demo before he was even in guns.  It was one of the first demos he brought into the fold.   So that would of bee late 90s. 
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4463 on: January 27, 2015, 03:39:24 PM »

As for the question on Better, when was it made? It would have been cool for the fans to learn a bit of inside stuff regarding the songs.

This is why I would've loved a book or a documentary about that particular era of Guns, 1997-2004. I think there was a whole lot of creativity going on, people hanging out in the studio at all times during the day, working on different things, trying to figure out new riffs and melodies. Axl coming by, giving his input. I think that was a cool environment to be a part of, although nothing was released. Smiley

A coffee table book

With great pictures.   Interviews.   Quotes and just general history of that time period would of been gold.  And still could be.  Nothing stopping them from putting it out.   I would buy it
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4464 on: January 27, 2015, 04:54:57 PM »

Wait, somebody doesn't know why Richard would be considered a great guitar player?

"We?re fortunate to have found Richard who has this vibe kind of like Izzy but with amazing feel. The first thing I heard Richard play was the beginning of "Stray Cat Blues" by the Stones and he did it with the right feel. Richard likes to play rhythm. He?s an amazing lead player and very technically skilled. He really likes the pocket that Brain sets and the two of them click with Tommy so we finally have the real deal rhythm section, as Richard is a proven professional. Basically, Richard?s the guy that we always were looking for. I think that we?ll go on to write some very interesting things with Richard and he?s already done some rhythm work and some leads on the album.? Axl, 2002

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4465 on: January 27, 2015, 05:01:52 PM »

Wait, somebody doesn't know why Richard would be considered a great guitar player?

"We?re fortunate to have found Richard who has this vibe kind of like Izzy but with amazing feel. The first thing I heard Richard play was the beginning of "Stray Cat Blues" by the Stones and he did it with the right feel. Richard likes to play rhythm. He?s an amazing lead player and very technically skilled. He really likes the pocket that Brain sets and the two of them click with Tommy so we finally have the real deal rhythm section, as Richard is a proven professional. Basically, Richard?s the guy that we always were looking for. I think that we?ll go on to write some very interesting things with Richard and he?s already done some rhythm work and some leads on the album.? Axl, 2002

/jarmo

Nice quote

What is the scoop with Brain?

Last I heard he just didnt want to tour any more and was helping the band with remixs. 

Anything change since that? 

Mb Brain will be up for touring again?  Is this another we will know when we see it thing?
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4466 on: January 27, 2015, 05:33:44 PM »

/jarmo

Hope those "lead" parts are on the next album!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4467 on: January 27, 2015, 07:30:13 PM »

The South American Tour 2014 intro video, which contains parts of what we are assuming is The General:

http://vimeo.com/89536629

Now, this would be as close to a studio version of that clip we've got, without any audience noise in the background. Although, the video contains some sound effects played over the song clip.

Sweetness is a virtue
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4468 on: January 27, 2015, 08:18:17 PM »

Richard also really looks and feels the part ... He could have easily replaced Izzy as far as touring in 91 and would have been a perfect fit even then

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #4469 on: January 27, 2015, 10:36:35 PM »

/jarmo

Nice quote

What is the scoop with Brain?

Last I heard he just didnt want to tour any more and was helping the band with remixs. 

Anything change since that? 

Mb Brain will be up for touring again?  Is this another we will know when we see it thing?

Maybe and New Music For New Album

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #4470 on: January 27, 2015, 10:39:07 PM »

GNR live show visuals set to Funkadelic's Super Stupid. This is the flat version, a version in situ will follow tomorrow.

http://vimeo.com/91636390

love

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4471 on: January 28, 2015, 09:41:33 AM »

Richard also really looks and feels the part ... He could have easily replaced Izzy as far as touring in 91 and would have been a perfect fit even then

He certainly has the perfect rocker vibe, and it appears effortless.

Sweetness is a virtue
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4472 on: January 28, 2015, 10:41:47 AM »

Yeah... I find myself watching him on stage more closely over the years...for several reasons.

He just seems like a cool motherfucker! If they go at it with just him and DJ in the future, hopefully they share more of the lead role.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4473 on: January 28, 2015, 10:45:35 AM »

Well, what "somebody" might have been asking was what was the standout moment.

Like Bucket's outro on TWAT.  Or Robin's writing of 'Better' or his solo on 'This I Love'.  What would be Richard's example of same?

That's probably what "somebody" was asking, if this body had to guess.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4474 on: January 28, 2015, 10:49:56 AM »

Live he used to play that last solo in Street Of Dreams....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4475 on: January 28, 2015, 10:50:21 AM »

I agree there.

Thought he came off real well in that guitar clinic thing too.  I wish they let him speak for the band more.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4476 on: January 28, 2015, 02:16:00 PM »

I agree there.

Thought he came off real well in that guitar clinic thing too.  I wish they let him speak for the band more.

I don't think anyone's preventing him from doing it, he's sharing what he feels is appropriate. There may be some agreement amongst the members that they should prevent giving out too much info before things are coming together 100%. He admitted there was some secrecy around the GNR camp, but that's because Axl wanted things to be finished before talking about it publicly.

But I agree, I really hope we get some in-depth interviews with the band members (including Axl) concerning GNR and the new material in the near future. That's something I missed during the release of CD. Ron being on Trunk's radio show at that time was a bit awkward, not giving any info really.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4477 on: January 28, 2015, 02:19:44 PM »

Live he used to play that last solo in Street Of Dreams....

/jarmo

His takes on You're Crazy and KOHD also comes to mind.

Sweetness is a virtue
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4478 on: January 28, 2015, 03:27:14 PM »

I seriously cannot wait until we see what the tracklist is for this mofo.  I honestly wonder how many of the song titles we've been hearing about for years are going to make it on the album.

A big surprise on Chinese Democracy was "This I Love".  We heard about it years and years ago around 1993, when Axl said he wrote it in Paris and that it was the "heaviest" song he'd written up to that point.  But we never, at least to my knowledge, were aware that the Chinese Democracy lineup were working on it.  Wonder if there will be surprises along those lines on the followup album.

Years back, I was sure we'd see Atlas Shrugged, Oklahoma, & The General on Chinese, but those were left off likely intended for the followup.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4479 on: January 28, 2015, 03:34:05 PM »

I seriously cannot wait until we see what the tracklist is for this mofo.  I honestly wonder how many of the song titles we've been hearing about for years are going to make it on the album.

A big surprise on Chinese Democracy was "This I Love".  We heard about it years and years ago around 1993, when Axl said he wrote it in Paris and that it was the "heaviest" song he'd written up to that point.  But we never, at least to my knowledge, were aware that the Chinese Democracy lineup were working on it.  Wonder if there will me surprises along those lines on the followup album.

It surprised me that some of the songs originates from stuff Slash had been working on.

Oklahoma (Berlin) is also one of the earliest known titles. If it originates all the way back to the early 90s I don't know, but the inspiration of the song does.

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: