Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:24:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1682097 times)
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #4420 on: January 27, 2015, 11:26:01 AM »

Most of the rock radio around here is not current.

We have one rock station that plays both current and classic, but it sure seems to lean towards classic.  Others are all classic.

However, if Axl actually put something out, it could conceivably be a part of a block or double shot.  WTTJ and some new song, perhaps.

Same here. Our biggest classic rock station, 97.9 The Loop, plays like 80% Roth era Van Halen and Rush.  Two bands I rather dislike.  Peppered with old school Aerosmith and WTTJ and Paradise city, if I'm lucky enough to catch them.  Not even AC DC's newest singles got paid any attention.

Sirius (Octane in particular) does a good job with both modern and classic rock.  It plays WOF from Slash and the new ACDC tune.  It also played CD back in '08. 
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4421 on: January 27, 2015, 11:29:39 AM »

Most of the rock radio around here is not current.

We have one rock station that plays both current and classic, but it sure seems to lean towards classic.  Others are all classic.

However, if Axl actually put something out, it could conceivably be a part of a block or double shot.  WTTJ and some new song, perhaps.

Same here. Our biggest classic rock station, 97.9 The Loop, plays like 80% Roth era Van Halen and Rush.  Two bands I rather dislike.  Peppered with old school Aerosmith and WTTJ and Paradise city, if I'm lucky enough to catch them.  Not even AC DC's newest singles got paid any attention.

Sirius (Octane in particular) does a good job with both modern and classic rock.  It plays WOF from Slash and the new ACDC tune.  It also played CD back in '08. 

True that. But that's a very niche area of what could be considered radio, and I do not believe it affects charting.  Which is probably why GNR should not pay much mind to that, and just rock the music world with a creative digital release followed by physical prints & vinyl. 
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4422 on: January 27, 2015, 11:31:47 AM »

What's the best way to go when releasing a single these days? Is a song on the radio/streaming services good enough, or does the song benefit greatly with a music video to go on youtube?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4423 on: January 27, 2015, 11:34:22 AM »

What's the best way to go when releasing a single these days? Is a song on the radio/streaming services good enough, or does the song benefit greatly with a music video to go on youtube?

One can compliment the other, but I don't know how much stock a rock band should or could put into a music video in 2015.  It seems to be more of an "Image" thing these days, particularly for younger female artists.  For example, if The Foo Fighters put out a video(s) for their last album, I sure don't know about it.  And I'm sure they did.  And they're arguably the biggest touring modern rock act at the moment.  But I sure did see that fuckin' Shake It Off video...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4424 on: January 27, 2015, 11:37:04 AM »

One can compliment the other, but I don't know how much stock a rock band should or could put into a music video in 2015.  It seems to be more of an "Image" thing these days, particularly for younger female artists.  For example, if The Foo Fighters put out a video(s) for their last album, I sure don't know about it.  And I'm sure they did.  And they're arguably the biggest touring modern rock act at the moment.

Ok, so for rock bands it doesn't really matter. I guess the video would have to be "an event" in itself, something out of the ordinary, if it were to be beneficial.

Sweetness is a virtue
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4425 on: January 27, 2015, 11:39:40 AM »

One can compliment the other, but I don't know how much stock a rock band should or could put into a music video in 2015.  It seems to be more of an "Image" thing these days, particularly for younger female artists.  For example, if The Foo Fighters put out a video(s) for their last album, I sure don't know about it.  And I'm sure they did.  And they're arguably the biggest touring modern rock act at the moment.

Ok, so for rock bands it doesn't really matter. I guess the video would have to be "an event" in itself, something out of the ordinary, if it were to be beneficial.

Right, having it be somewhat controversial or featuring well known actors would help, but worth going out of your way to put together?  I'm not so sure.

It might be better to use all promotional funds into promoting an Itunes exclusive premier, or something of the like.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 11:43:16 AM by sofine11 » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4426 on: January 27, 2015, 11:53:09 AM »

No matter what you do, the song will end up on Youtube and people listen for free. Fan made videos, photo collages all that kind of stuff.
It's not like MTV where you had to wait to see that one video.  hihi

I don't know how Youtube views translates into sales. But it's one way of determining how popular an artist is nowadays. Just like popularity on social media is another way to see how popular an artist is. Record sales, yet another way....

To be honest, I don't know who pays for the videos these days. It used to be that you'd spend money on a video and get it played on MTV, and your record would sell more. It was a good investment. Now? Who knows...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4427 on: January 27, 2015, 12:02:04 PM »

No matter what you do, the song will end up on Youtube and people listen for free. Fan made videos, photo collages all that kind of stuff.

I don't know how Youtube views translates into sales. But it's one way of determining how popular an artist is nowadays. Just like popularity on social media is another way to see how popular an artist is. Record sales, yet another way....

To be honest, I don't know who pays for the videos these days. It used to be that you'd spend money on a video and get it played on MTV, and your record would sell more. It was a good investment. Now? Who knows...

/jarmo

On youtube they'll get paid through advertisement I would think. As for helping record sales, probably not.

As for my original question, I had popularity in mind, not sales.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 12:04:20 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4428 on: January 27, 2015, 12:04:08 PM »

/jarmo

Lots of musicians still put out videos.   Classic rock groups and more main stream pop acts

I love pulling up vevo or youtube on the big screen at home and watching them

Also here in canada radio is still huge.  Many different types of channels.  With great variety

Also you have sat and internet radio as well.  
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4429 on: January 27, 2015, 12:17:13 PM »

Get it on Facebook and have people start sharing it.  Get some sort of entertainment news aggregator to post it with a link and encourage you to check it out.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4430 on: January 27, 2015, 12:30:29 PM »

Get it on Facebook and have people start sharing it.  Get some sort of entertainment news aggregator to post it with a link and encourage you to check it out.

Yes, Facebook seems like a safe bet for GN'R with the amount of followers they have there.

Sweetness is a virtue
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #4431 on: January 27, 2015, 12:33:12 PM »

GN'R could do it in that way: release a new album as a free download, while making some money with merchandise and concert tickets. Where is the problem?

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4432 on: January 27, 2015, 12:34:28 PM »

GN'R could do it in that way: release a new album as a free download, while making some money with merchandise and concert tickets. Where is the problem?

Interscope

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4433 on: January 27, 2015, 12:37:27 PM »

Interscope

Yep

I would love to know the details of the current guns record deal

But this day in age. I think guns would benifit huge from releasing stuff on there own
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4434 on: January 27, 2015, 12:42:29 PM »

Interscope

Yep

But this day in age. I think guns would benifit huge from releasing stuff on there own

As for their current record deal, Axl has sounded quite diplomatic in the latest interviews regarding the label, trying to come up with an agreement. This compared to the aftermath of the Chinese Democracy release.

I don't think the label is of any big concern at the moment.

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4435 on: January 27, 2015, 12:47:18 PM »

Interscope

Yep

As for their current record deal, Axl has sounded quite diplomatic in the latest interviews regarding the label, trying to come up with an agreement. This compared to the aftermath of the Chinese Democracy release.

Well like we stated there biggest concern would be releasing physical albums of material

Where as if guns released it on there own there could be many other options available

How about a standered album release that also included access codes to download aditional content. 
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4436 on: January 27, 2015, 12:54:34 PM »

Interscope

Yep

Well like we stated there biggest concern would be releasing physical albums of material

Where as if guns released it on there own there could be many other options available

How about a standered album release that also included access codes to download aditional content. 

Yes, an independent release would broaden their options on how to go about it.

But, I don't think the label are holding anything back in regards to getting out music now. Their limitations on how to do it might affect the popularity yes, and that could affect future releases, but as of right now, I don't think there's a problem.

I'm just basing this on the recent interviews by the band members, saying it'll be out soon and they are finishing up. Axl being in the studio recording. Seems like their mind is purely on putting together the music, not worrying about *if* the music will come out.

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4437 on: January 27, 2015, 12:55:54 PM »

On youtube they'll get paid through advertisement I would think. As for helping record sales, probably not.

I just checked. There's ways Youtube videos can make money. For example through Vevo, which pays artists. Or you add links to your web store into the video, and generate sales that way. And so on.

The only way to reach beyond your own fans is if the video goes viral.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4438 on: January 27, 2015, 12:59:57 PM »

The only way to reach beyond your own fans is if the video goes viral.

That is true. It'll have to be something *new*, not the standard rock video. Of course it'll help if the song itself is something special.

Sweetness is a virtue
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #4439 on: January 27, 2015, 01:10:16 PM »

Viral New Video In:

MTV Hd
MTV Usa
MTV Europe
MTV Normal

And

VH1 Hd
VH1 Usa
VH1 Europe
VH1 Classics

Day & Night... 100% Segure... Hit's, Excelent Sales.

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: