Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:25:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681570 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4340 on: January 26, 2015, 12:15:02 PM »

You really want to stack up that one line with the REAMS of stuff she dishes out to any number of us, with zero fallout for her?  Because I'll have that conversation all the live long day.

How do I put it so you understand.
People who support the band, that's who this site is for. Whiny smart asses looking for attention who think they can do as they wish aren't the target audience.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4341 on: January 26, 2015, 12:18:22 PM »

People who support the band, that's who this site is for. Whiny smart asses looking for attention who think they can do as they wish aren't the target audience.

OK, well, just to put a fine point on it...if I (or anyone) started parroting more of the party line, I (or anyone) would then be above the law around here and free to treat people I disliked like complete dogshit with no fear of repercussion?

Is that what we're saying here? 

For the record, I'm OK with that.  I just want to be clear that is what we are saying, because that's how it sounds.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4342 on: January 26, 2015, 12:27:33 PM »

It sounds to me like you don't wanna post here.
Is that how it is?

I'll deal with her, you don't need to worry about it. Your current crusade to try to get her to be warned isn't doing you any favors either.
Ignoring rules, smart ass remarks when told to post something more than "Yeah, right" or "I agree", veiled insults on numerous occasions.... You're not exactly the poster boy of how to behave. So stop playing the "poor me" card already.

For the record, your smart as remarks about changing your act are lame. I've told you over and over again, this site is for the real fans, those who support the band. In 2015. Now, occasionally people come here who liked the band in 1988 or 2002, they act like fans, they tell us they're fans but they spend most of the time here telling everybody how much GN'R sucks and what a failure it is. I'm sorry if I have no sympathy for these people or feel the need to make them feel extra welcome. This whole thing has been explained to you over and over again and yo just don't fucking get it.

Do we need to draw you a picture? I can't believe I need to explain myself to the same person every month because he can't handle being told he's a whiny entitled fan by a girl.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 12:32:05 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #4343 on: January 26, 2015, 12:29:12 PM »

There's a certain clique of fans who have  really hard time finding nice things to say. Often part of the "This is not GN'R, but I support Axl, but he hasn't done anything good in the recent years and I wish he was more like the idea of Axl that lives in my head." crowd.

That's how they choose to conduct themselves, but they aren't prepared to deal with being questioned about it. I've been insulted multiple times in this thread by these people. I don't take it personally though, doesn't bother me. It just shows you that these poor victims do not realize that you don't go into somebody else's house and think everybody should adapt to your liking. It's the other way around!

/jarmo

But isn?t that a convenient way to stifle any questioning or constructive criticism?by patronizing people and shaming them for offering their point of view on things?  With that logic, you can never question anything, ever.  Calling people whiney, entitled, victims doesn?t really advance the conversation much.

Also, I don?t think any of the ?negative? posters here say that Axl (or the band) have not done anything good in recent years?or that we?ll only cop to it upon being prodded.  That?s just not true.  I?m sure our lack of blind faith is annoying to you, as is our inability to see that things have never been better and everything is rolling along a ok and according to plan.  Sorry, but there are objective indicators (Ron?s status, lack of any definitive update on tour or new music, declining relevance of Guns in the public eye (read: beyond the message boards and South America)) that indicate all is not well, or at least open for discussion.  

Even Axl admitted that mistakes were made in the past, why is it so hard to acknowledge that some of the current issues the band has brought upon itself, and some are due to circumstances beyond their control?  That seems like a more reasonable approach.  Believing the band has been right 100% of the time, all the time, and belittling people who think otherwise, doesn?t.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #4344 on: January 26, 2015, 12:30:32 PM »

You really want to stack up that one line with the REAMS of stuff she dishes out to any number of us, with zero fallout for her?  Because I'll have that conversation all the live long day.

/jarmo

Wait, so the target audience for this band should be people who don't question anything, have complete faith, love everything they put out, and piss on and completely insult and name call people who dont share their warped view?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4345 on: January 26, 2015, 12:33:09 PM »

Even Axl admitted that mistakes were made in the past, why is it so hard to acknowledge that some of the current issues the band has brought upon itself, and some are due to circumstances beyond their control?  That seems like a more reasonable approach.  Believing the band has been right 100% of the time, all the time, and belittling people who think otherwise, doesn?t.

Axl himself said the 2002 VMAs were a debacle.  I thought that was refreshingly honest.

But he said that in, what, 2006?  Or even later?

What I'm getting is that anyone of us who said the same thing as recently as the day after right through his own concession was labeled an enemy of the state.  Once he says the same thing himself, is it no longer "wrong" to think as you have?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4346 on: January 26, 2015, 12:35:23 PM »

Wait, so the target audience for this band should be people who don't question anything, have complete faith, love everything they put out, and piss on and completely insult and name call people who dont share their warped view?

Yes, exactly. Didn't you get the Kool Aid yet?

You guys are fucking amusing. You keep asking the same shit every month.

But isn’t that a convenient way to stifle any questioning or constructive criticism…by patronizing people and shaming them for offering their point of view on things?  With that logic, you can never question anything, ever.  Calling people whiney, entitled, victims doesn’t really advance the conversation much.

What's constructive about somebody going on and on for days about how the album was on sale for $1.99 in its first week of release and it was a failure? What's constructive about a poster posting in the Las Vegas 2014 thread that the band has a "track record" of canceling shows?

That's the mentality I'm not interested in. 2014 was amazing. Judging by some of these people, it was like the plague hit them.

Regarding blind faith. That's as your friends say a straw man. Nobody's ever made that claim. You just like to generalize and lump being supportive together with "blind faith" and labels such as zealots. Some have no faith, but that's ok. Apparently.

I never started this site to highlight and focus on negativity. There was never some kind of secret mission statement that this site would exist so the world can see how bad GN'R is. That makes no sense to me.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 12:51:07 PM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4347 on: January 26, 2015, 12:47:49 PM »

Do we need to draw you a picture? I can't believe I need to explain myself to the same person every month because he can't handle being told he's a whiny entitled fan by a girl.

"by a girl"Huh  Damn, what's that about?

She and I have no problem.  I set her straight some time back and we have not personally had a public beef since.

My comments were about how she is with some of these other fellas.  Fellas that don't appear to be in as good a place with her as I am.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #4348 on: January 26, 2015, 12:51:00 PM »

But isn?t that a convenient way to stifle any questioning or constructive criticism?by patronizing people and shaming them for offering their point of view on things?  With that logic, you can never question anything, ever.  Calling people whiney, entitled, victims doesn?t really advance the conversation much.

What's constructive about somebody going on and on for days about how the album was on sale for $1.99 in its first week of release and it was a failure? What's constructive about a poster posting in the Las Vegas 2014 thread that the band has a "track record" of canceling shows?

That's the mentality I'm not interested in. 2014 was amazing. Judging by some of these people, it was like the plague hit them.

I never started this site to highlight and focus on negativity. There was never some kind of secret mission statement that this site would exist so the world can see how bad GN'R is. That makes no sense to me.

/jarmo

I agree with you on both points?but that kind of proves my point that we?re all lumped into one big, negative entity in your mind.

Regarding $1.99-gate, I don?t think there was anyone other than one poster who believed that.  Regarding Vegas, again, I think there was one poster that has a big problem with Guns doing a Vegas residency.  I don?t think there was much support for that either.

But labeling us all the same, while convenient, isn?t true.  There are degrees of our ?negativity? if that?s what you want to call it.  We?re much more interesting and complex than you give us credit for. 
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4349 on: January 26, 2015, 12:52:19 PM »

/jarmo

I agree with you on both points?but that kind of proves my point that we?re all lumped into one big, negative entity in your mind.

Regarding $1.99-gate, I don?t think there was anyone other than one poster who believed that.  Regarding Vegas, again, I think there was one poster that has a big problem with Guns doing a Vegas residency.  I don?t think there was much support for that either.

But labeling us all the same, while convenient, isn?t true.  There are degrees of our ?negativity? if that?s what you want to call it.  We?re much more interesting and complex than you give us credit for. 

Yes. That mortis dude makes us all look bad  Cheesy

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4350 on: January 26, 2015, 12:52:49 PM »

Of course there's degrees. But like the guy next to you says, what's the endgame?

"Ok, you're negative is rated at 6.3 out of 10, you're fine. That guy on the other hand is a perfect 10".... Nah...

I'd rather remind people that it's not 2005 anymore. Their frustrations are becoming old and boring. And maybe they should do something about it....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 12:54:36 PM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4351 on: January 26, 2015, 12:55:58 PM »

Yep.

I'm with mortismurphy on like 95% of his stuff, but not that Vegas thing.  and I've said so, multiple times.  I get the argument he's making, but it doesn't bother me at all.

Has anyone other than him gone down that road?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4352 on: January 26, 2015, 12:56:47 PM »

I'd rather remind people that it's not 2005 anymore. Their frustrations are becoming old and boring. And maybe they should do something about it....

Yeah, what the hell did you guys do during those years?  Must have been some lean times around here, not even knowing if it was all over or not.

Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #4353 on: January 26, 2015, 12:58:10 PM »

Of course there's degrees. But like the guy next to you says, what's the endgame?

"Ok, you're negative is rated at 6.3 out of 10, you're fine. That guy on the other hand is a perfect 10".... Nah...

/jarmo

Ok, the other side of the coin is that people can lump all of the "supporters" with Emily.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4354 on: January 26, 2015, 01:03:16 PM »

Ok, the other side of the coin is that people can lump all of the "supporters" with Emily.

Hahahaha.  True.

But that would not be fair, and I would never do that.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4355 on: January 26, 2015, 01:19:15 PM »

I've been lumped together with a historic person who's responsible for genocide. So you guys go ahead....

/jarmo

Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #4356 on: January 26, 2015, 01:23:47 PM »

I've been lumped together with a historic person who's responsible for genocide. So you guys go ahead....

/jarmo

Wow. I hope whoever did that got banned or called out at least. No need for personal insults. After all we are all speaking about the band we love. We are all on the same team here regardless of labels. We are all here for the same reason.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #4357 on: January 26, 2015, 01:32:38 PM »

"by a girl"Huh  Damn, what's that about?

She and I have no problem.  I set her straight some time back and we have not personally had a public beef since.

My comments were about how she is with some of these other fellas.  Fellas that don't appear to be in as good a place with her as I am.

Feel free to attempt to save face by telling people you "set me straight" hilarious.  hihi

For the most part what a "certain group" call "constructive criticism" here is merely negative feedback, and complaints  wrapped in the guise of constructive criticism, whether anyone wants to hear it or not.

I fail to see where the current condition with GNR is so dire and dark. There is an album in the works, a possible tour this year, and for the most part everything is going relatively smooth.

It may not be the way "some people" want things to go, and it may not suit some people's entitlement-driven ideas, but ultimately those people aren't involved nor needed.

I enjoy, and have enjoyed for years what this band is, the music it produces, and the overall spirit as well as enjoying numerous different lineups for different reasons.

And I know I'm not the only one that feels like this. I also don't mind being disliked by certain factions for my choices- it strengthens my resolve.  Kiss

If that makes me a kool-ade drinking, card- carrying cult member and reviled by some, so be it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:38:07 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4358 on: January 26, 2015, 01:41:28 PM »

That was a misstep by him.  That comparison is never a good idea.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4359 on: January 26, 2015, 01:46:29 PM »

You think it's happened only once?  rofl

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: