Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:37:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681774 times)
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #4320 on: January 26, 2015, 11:14:11 AM »

We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out. We've worked more on some of those things and we've written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That's already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese.

I don't know if some of you realized what Axl said in that Revolver interview.
It clearly states they wrote new things in addition to the Chinese era songs.

But none of that stuff is slated to see the light of day anytime soon.

Are you suggesting something they wrote since like, 12 years ago, will be on the next album?

Well we don't know do we? The whole idea that everything was done before Chinese Democracy seems... Wrong!

Your very subjective arent you? Havent even heard the album and you are sure you will love it?

That's kinda the opposite of people who claim to support GN'R but haven't really said a positive thing about the band in years. Only when asked will they do so and then go "Look! I was nice there, in that post!".

Wink

/jarmo

I'd like to believe that if someone came on this board and constantly posted hateful and I emphasize the word NEGATIVE things that the rest of the posters would call the person out on it. I think it's ok to criticize certain things. Doesn't not make you a fan. There are songs on all of there releases that I dont particularly like. Doesn't make me any less of a fan. I'm a huge Beatles fan. Own a lot of memoriabilia and rarities. Does that mean I like Revolution #9? No. Does it make me less of a fan. Emily would probably think so. Yet she doesn't seem to be treated (for directly insulting people)like people who disagree with certain things that the band do.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4321 on: January 26, 2015, 11:21:45 AM »

We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out. We've worked more on some of those things and we've written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That's already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese.

Are you suggesting something they wrote since like, 12 years ago, will be on the next album?

Well we don't know do we? The whole idea that everything was done before Chinese Democracy seems... Wrong!

I think anyone paying even slight attention has a pretty good idea.

But that's a pointless hope.  Any next album is going to be stuff done 10 years ago, or more.  You might as well embrace that then waste time hoping you are going to get some Rose/Ashba/Thal tune on there.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4322 on: January 26, 2015, 11:22:01 AM »

Your very subjective arent you? Havent even heard the album and you are sure you will love it?

That's kinda the opposite of people who claim to support GN'R but haven't really said a positive thing about the band in years. Only when asked will they do so and then go "Look! I was nice there, in that post!".

Wink

/jarmo

I'd like to believe that if someone came on this board and constantly posted hateful and I emphasize the word NEGATIVE things that the rest of the posters would call the person out on it. I think it's ok to criticize certain things. Doesn't not make you a fan. There are songs on all of there releases that I dont particularly like. Doesn't make me any less of a fan. I'm a huge Beatles fan. Own a lot of memoriabilia and rarities. Does that mean I like Revolution #9? No. Does it make me less of a fan. Emily would probably think so. Yet she doesn't seem to be treated (for directly insulting people)like people who disagree with certain things that the band do.

She is by far the most offensive poster I have ever seen on this site, in terms of speaking to other posters, at least in recent times. People Are critical of the band sometimes, but all the guys n gals here are generally respectful to people with differing opinions, but not her.

But she is loyal to the cause... so it's ok.

Don't lose any sleep over it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 11:24:39 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4323 on: January 26, 2015, 11:22:29 AM »

Uh-oh, he's on to us.

We should discuss this at the next meeting, guys.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4324 on: January 26, 2015, 11:24:15 AM »

She is by far the most offensive poster I have ever seen on this site, in terms of speaking to other posters, at least in recent times.

But she is loyal to the cause... so it's ok.

Don't lose any sleep over it.

Pretty much.  No one talks to other people the way she does.

But, this didn't start 5 minutes ago, so you might as well just accept that's how it is.  If you toe the right lines, you have carte blanche.  Pesky questions, less leeway.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4325 on: January 26, 2015, 11:37:46 AM »

But that's a pointless hope.  Any next album is going to be stuff done 10 years ago, or more.  You might as well embrace that then waste time hoping you are going to get some Rose/Ashba/Thal tune on there.

Pointless hope? Cheesy

It all depends how they wanna do it. If they want to put a few of those new songs on there or not.
I wouldn't call that totally out of the question.

There's a certain clique of fans who have  really hard time finding nice things to say. Often part of the "This is not GN'R, but I support Axl, but he hasn't done anything good in the recent years and I wish he was more like the idea of Axl that lives in my head." crowd.

That's how they choose to conduct themselves, but they aren't prepared to deal with being questioned about it. I've been insulted multiple times in this thread by these people. I don't take it personally though, doesn't bother me. It just shows you that these poor victims do not realize that you don't go into somebody else's house and think everybody should adapt to your liking. It's the other way around!

She is by far the most offensive poster I have ever seen on this site, in terms of speaking to other posters, at least in recent times. People Are critical of the band sometimes, but all the guys n gals here are generally respectful to people with differing opinions, but not her.

And some of you are offensive to the band itself. That doesn't seem to bother you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4326 on: January 26, 2015, 11:44:15 AM »

It all depends how they wanna do it. If they want to put a few of those new songs on there or not.

OK.  Then let's go with it being a tremendous longshot.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4327 on: January 26, 2015, 11:47:28 AM »

And some of you are offensive to the band itself. That doesn't seem to bother you.

C'mon, Jarmo.  Be serious.

So many of her posts are just streams of personal insults and name calling.  There isn't even any substance there.

I'm not under any delusions you think any higher of some of us than she does, but you at least express your disagreement or objection with a counterargument.

Has she so much as gotten a "consider yourself warned"?  For whatever reason, you give her a total pass on her abhorrent behavior that you would not accept from anyone else.  The impression is out there that you do so because she gives it to we dissidents, and you are perhaps getting a kick out of it.

Whatever, its your show.  But let's say what it is.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4328 on: January 26, 2015, 11:52:40 AM »

When Richard said back in November that Axl was in the studio laying down vocals, I think it's a good chance it was on tracks written by the current line-up.

I think most of the vocals from the Chinese era songs are probably done a long time ago. Axl has spoken of recording vocals for un-released songs (Soul Monster), Baz has heard un-released songs with vocals (The General).

Now, how they wanna go about releasing an increasing number of new songs, that's the question. Logically (for me) they'll put out the Chinese stuff first.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4329 on: January 26, 2015, 11:52:44 AM »

Pointless hope? Cheesy

There's a certain clique of fans who have  really hard time finding nice things to say. Often part of the "This is not GN'R, but I support Axl, but he hasn't done anything good in the recent years and I wish he was more like the idea of Axl that lives in my head." crowd.

That's how they choose to conduct themselves, but they aren't prepared to deal with being questioned about it. I've been insulted multiple times in this thread by these people. I don't take it personally though, doesn't bother me. It just shows you that these poor victims do not realize that you don't go into somebody else's house and think everybody should adapt to your liking. It's the other way around!

/jarmo

Never. Have never met Axl, Fernando, Richard, you, the guitar tech or whoever else. You might all be complete scum or absolute sweet hearts.

But some of those people are public figures, and we are all going to have opinions on them based on what they present. Perception is reality whether you like it or not. I think it's been one big mindfuck that there is one GNR record in the past 20 plus years.... sue me... I like to discuss it and all the other fun stuff here with some of you.

BUT I have never once called any of these people offensive, ignorant, sad, self entitled whiners, like this particular posters calls people on a daily basis.

And I could really careless... I was just responding to a post questioning why she gets a free pass with the way she speaks to fellow posters.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 11:56:29 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4330 on: January 26, 2015, 11:54:54 AM »

When Richard said back in November that Axl was in the studio laying down vocals, I think it's a good chance it was on tracks written by the current line-up.

I think most of the vocals from the Chinese era songs are probably done a long time ago. Axl has spoken of recording vocals for un-released songs (Soul Monster), Baz has heard un-released songs with vocals (The General).

Now, how they wanna go about releasing an increasing number of new songs, that's the question. Logically (for me) they'll put out the Chinese stuff first.

Yeah I think there is hope in what Richard said too... ,because as you can see in one of the recent posts Axl told Kurt Loder a long time ago that x amount of songs were completely finished.

So if he is putting down new vocals, hopefully it's on music that a little more recent. If that is important to you.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4331 on: January 26, 2015, 11:56:22 AM »

Which is where I'm coming from.

Even if what Jarmo is saying is true, anything like that is at least an album away.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4332 on: January 26, 2015, 11:56:37 AM »

So many of her posts are just streams of personal insults and name calling.  There isn't even any substance there.

I'm not under any delusions you think any higher of some of us than she does, but you at least express your disagreement or objection with a counterargument.

Has she so much as gotten a "consider yourself warned"?  For whatever reason, you give her a total pass on her abhorrent behavior that you would not accept from anyone else.  The impression is out there that you do so because she gives it to we dissidents, and you are perhaps getting a kick out of it.

I'm pretty much on her side when it comes to staying positive about what we've got from GN'R these last years. But I gotta agree with a lot of you, she's hurting the case with her behavior.

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4333 on: January 26, 2015, 11:57:25 AM »

And I could really careless... I was just responding to a post questioning why she gets a free pass with the way she speaks to fellow posters.

If there is someone else that talks to people they way she does on a consistent basis, who is that person?  Point them out to me.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4334 on: January 26, 2015, 11:57:39 AM »

Let me ask you this. If they recorded stuff last year, what do you think it was and what was it for?

C'mon, Jarmo.  Be serious..

This from the person who told me to fuck off.
Also, she was attacked by a poster, obviously you didn't see it since the post was removed.

Like I said, you guys come here and act like you're the victims. Sorry, you're not.
You have not shown any evidence that I should do you any favors.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4335 on: January 26, 2015, 11:58:07 AM »

I'm pretty much on her side when it comes to staying positive about what we've got from GN'R these last years. But I gotta agree with a lot of you, she's hurting the case with her behavior.

Exactly ! So am I.. i love the Vegas deal, the prospect of new songs soon, love the idea of more involvement from Duff... but jesus she is so obnoxious... she makes you root the other way !!  Grin

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4336 on: January 26, 2015, 11:58:14 AM »

Which is all we are saying.  

No one is saying she needs to change her stances.  Her presentation, however...

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4337 on: January 26, 2015, 12:00:45 PM »

Let me ask you this. If they recorded stuff last year, what do you think it was and what was it for?

Kind of a tricky area, because I don't know I believe that.

This from the person who told me to fuck off.
Also, she was attacked by a poster, obviously you didn't see it since the post was removed.

Like I said, you guys come here and act like you're the victims. Sorry, you're not.
You have not shown any evidence that I should do you any favors.

No one is looking for favors.  Just that you enforce your own rules.

Yes, I called you a "whiny motherfucker" a week or so back.  I was disciplined for it immediately.  Which was fine, because I was out of line.

You really want to stack up that one line with the REAMS of stuff she dishes out to any number of us, with zero fallout for her?  Because I'll have that conversation all the live long day.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4338 on: January 26, 2015, 12:04:09 PM »

Which is where I'm coming from.

Even if what Jarmo is saying is true, anything like that is at least an album away.

I don't really care that much about how old the next "new songs" will be, it'll be new to me anyways. I can see the current line-up wanting to play their own songs live, but if Bumblefoot is indeed out of the band, it's really only Dj who wasn't around when the Chinese stuff was recorded (maybe Frank to some extent).

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4339 on: January 26, 2015, 12:06:45 PM »

I don't really care that much about how old the next "new songs" will be, it'll be new to me anyways. I can see the current line-up wanting to play their own songs live, but if Bumblefoot is indeed out of the band, it's really only Dj who wasn't around when the Chinese stuff was recorded (maybe Frank to some extent).

I'm right with you.

I don't care one whit about the "new" songs being 10 plus years old.  As you say, and I agree, they are new to us.

Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: