Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:26:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681350 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4300 on: January 25, 2015, 01:32:00 PM »

What do you guys think about songs on the next album with band members taking lead vocals and Axl doing backup? Like Tommy on Going Down.

Personally I really like Tommy's voice and wouldn't be opposed if there were a couple of tracks like that.

What about guest vocalists doing a duet with Axl? Any wishes there? Shannon did a great job on the Illusions.

Realistically I could see either Billy Corgan or M. Shadows joining in.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 01:39:35 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
mortismurphy
« Reply #4301 on: January 25, 2015, 01:49:56 PM »

Well this is where your fandom does excel. I personally would probably get bored, watching that same running order, Jungle/CD/ISE/Brownstone..., for the millionth time. I would probably go for a beer when Knockin' on Heaven's Door comes along or all of those tedious solo spots. I see a lot of different artists so, there are other things trying to get my attention (and money). I also spend a lot on sports and travel tickets. So Axl has to offer something significantly new (for me), if he is playing the same areas again. I believe it is a bit of a con, if he is offering (pretty much) the same show, in a particular area again (Brazil and Vegas).
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4302 on: January 25, 2015, 02:37:21 PM »

I personally would probably get bored, watching that same running order, Jungle/CD/ISE/Brownstone..., for the millionth time.

I've heard those individual songs on cds way more than at shows. Wink

What do you guys think about songs on the next album with band members taking lead vocals and Axl doing backup? Like Tommy on Going Down.

Personally I really like Tommy's voice and wouldn't be opposed if there were a couple of tracks like that.

It would give somebody else a chance to shine, that's for sure.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4303 on: January 25, 2015, 02:52:42 PM »

See, this does not even describe me. When I am posting I am usually doing it instead of work or studies. I am never sad or angry, usually the reverse as I see the way this band are run, as hilarious; there is a lot of comic material there.

It's easy to say that. Actions speak louder than words.
Maybe your comedy act is based on the single fact that the band won't do what you think they should? I don't think you'd be so "funny" if the band was releasing albums every other year, not playing in Las Vegas and taking advice from you. In other words, if everything went according to your wishes.

I think I am a better judge of my own emotive state, than you are.

Not necessarily the case. Most people are blinded, or can't admit who and how they are.  Pretty sure you fit into this category. 

...fit into the category of someone who will dislike an album that, A/ Has not been released B/ Has not been heard?

Right!

Nobody even knows my opinion on Chinese Democracy here, which is about the only guide you have to go on, predicting my reaction to this, hypothetical future album. You people are truly bonkers.

Not what I'm talking about.  You fit into the category of not being a good judge of your own behavior. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #4304 on: January 26, 2015, 05:59:31 AM »

Well this is where your fandom does excel. I personally would probably get bored, watching that same running order, Jungle/CD/ISE/Brownstone..., for the millionth time. I would probably go for a beer when Knockin' on Heaven's Door comes along or all of those tedious solo spots. I see a lot of different artists so, there are other things trying to get my attention (and money). I also spend a lot on sports and travel tickets. So Axl has to offer something significantly new (for me), if he is playing the same areas again. I believe it is a bit of a con, if he is offering (pretty much) the same show, in a particular area again (Brazil and Vegas).

Poor "Moaning Mortis"
 ?If only people realized my true worth, if only people were nicer and the world wasn?t fraught with danger, and if only my friends, relatives, and colleagues behaved like I want them to, and Guns N' Roses operated like I want, then I?d be happy!?

Boo hoo, poor you. crying

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
mortismurphy
« Reply #4305 on: January 26, 2015, 07:15:18 AM »

I know what you are trying to do Emily, provoke me into saying something derogatory against you so you can then report me, given Jarmo the legitimate reason he needs to ban me. It isn't working however; I am not catching the bait. You do serve one useful purpose however with those personal attacks: you are highlighting the double standards that exist here, to continue to be able to post like that freely, uncensored. Additionally, you are also highlighting the fact that 'positivity', in reality, is rather a damp squib here when the reality sets in (the irony of all ironies is you would have been banned on some of those other, 'nasty, 'negative', GN'R forums).
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4306 on: January 26, 2015, 08:05:18 AM »

We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out. We've worked more on some of those things and we've written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That's already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese.

I don't know if some of you realized what Axl said in that Revolver interview.
It clearly states they wrote new things in addition to the Chinese era songs.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #4307 on: January 26, 2015, 08:35:57 AM »

I know what you are trying to do Emily, provoke me into saying something derogatory against you so you can then report me, given Jarmo the legitimate reason he needs to ban me. It isn't working however; I am not catching the bait. You do serve one useful purpose however with those personal attacks: you are highlighting the double standards that exist here, to continue to be able to post like that freely, uncensored. Additionally, you are also highlighting the fact that 'positivity', in reality, is rather a damp squib here when the reality sets in (the irony of all ironies is you would have been banned on some of those other, 'nasty, 'negative', GN'R forums).

Wrong, analyzing people and their motives isn't your forte', skip "e-psychic" as a career move.

You are overt in your negativity toward GNR, You criticize their choice of setlists, the mgmt, the choice of venues etc. ad nauseum.

It may be difficult for you to perceive,  but I am a supporter of GNR, I have been for many years and I actually attended a great many of the shows you complain about.

I'm excited about what is next with GNR, while you never tire of pointing out all your dreary reasons that you aren't happy.

It is boring and personally offensive to me, I consider GNR a part of my life and don't take kindly to toxic people badmouthing the band constantly.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:45:48 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4308 on: January 26, 2015, 08:48:50 AM »

It is boring and personally offensive to me, I consider GNR a part of my life and don't take kindly to toxic people badmouthing the band constantly.

They aren't your family. 

They make some music you like to listen to.  That's it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4309 on: January 26, 2015, 08:50:01 AM »

We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out. We've worked more on some of those things and we've written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That's already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese.

But none of that stuff is slated to see the light of day anytime soon.

Are you suggesting something they wrote since like, 12 years ago, will be on the next album?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #4310 on: January 26, 2015, 08:55:57 AM »

They aren't your family. 

The music is part of my life, you do not get to dictate how other people feel. Fact.

You don't know me, you know nothing about me.

Save your stipulations and tenets for yourself.

That's it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:58:15 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4311 on: January 26, 2015, 09:20:04 AM »

They aren't your family. 

The music is part of my life, you do not get to dictate how other people feel. Fact.

You don't know me, you know nothing about me.

Save your stipulations and tenets for yourself.

That's it.

Please rock n roll gods let the planets align for a new Axl Rose record..........................

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #4312 on: January 26, 2015, 09:38:31 AM »

From the Kurt Loder interview 11/08/99
Axl:
"I wouldn't say it's like, you know, that we recorded a double album, or that we have all of our scraps to be the second one. There is a distinct difference in sound. The second leans probably a little more to aggressive electronica with full guitars, where the first one is definitely more guitar-based."

I wonder if this is still a viable part of the plan? I would love to hear GNR do some "aggressive electronica" 

Also from the same interview-:

Loder: How much stuff have you got for this new album? You've been working on this for a long time. Is there just tons of material?
Rose: We've been working on, I don't know, 70 songs.
Loder: Oh!
Rose: The record will be about, anywhere from 16 to 18 songs, but we recorded at least two albums' worth of material that is solidly recorded. But we are working on a lot more songs than that at the same time...

And on the question of Robin leaving----

Rose: Yeah, we'll be around. I'm not working on all this to keep it buried. We plan on getting out there and doing it right. The new guys are a lot of fun, and like I say, we will be continuing to look for and or decide who the official new guitar player will be-

but it's not that important to the band at this time, as that person's not really needed. There's not a whole lot for them to do at this time in regards to recording, as we've recorded [a] majority of material.

Loder: But you continue to audition, right?

Rose: Yes, we do. Yes, we do, and there's some people who have done a really great job. It's just not something we're prepared to make a complete decision on at this time.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 09:54:26 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4313 on: January 26, 2015, 09:42:04 AM »

Please rock n roll gods let the planets align for a new Axl Rose record..........................

Look at this guy.  Thinks he's an expert on planet alignment now.

Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #4314 on: January 26, 2015, 10:29:07 AM »

I am surrounded by time-travelers who know how I am going to react to an album that is not even released yet!!

Nah, you are surrounded by some actual fans and supporters of GNR that are calling you out on your hater shit.

It gets very tiresome.

Your very subjective arent you? Havent even heard the album and you are sure you will love it?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4315 on: January 26, 2015, 10:35:04 AM »

Rose: Yeah, we'll be around. I'm not working on all this to keep it buried. We plan on getting out there and doing it right.

Ha, ha...ha.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4316 on: January 26, 2015, 10:35:22 AM »

I am surrounded by time-travelers who know how I am going to react to an album that is not even released yet!!

Nah, you are surrounded by some actual fans and supporters of GNR that are calling you out on your hater shit.

It gets very tiresome.

Your very subjective arent you? Havent even heard the album and you are sure you will love it?

If you are a "real fan", so will you.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #4317 on: January 26, 2015, 10:43:04 AM »

Maybe Axl looks at all that vault material as his 401k..... hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4318 on: January 26, 2015, 10:48:32 AM »

Maybe Axl looks at all that vault material as his 401k..... hihi

haha kinda makes sense

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4319 on: January 26, 2015, 10:54:19 AM »

But none of that stuff is slated to see the light of day anytime soon.

Are you suggesting something they wrote since like, 12 years ago, will be on the next album?

Well we don't know do we? The whole idea that everything was done before Chinese Democracy seems... Wrong!

That's kinda the opposite of people who claim to support GN'R but haven't really said a positive thing about the band in years. Only when asked will they do so and then go "Look! I was nice there, in that post!".

Wink

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:56:13 AM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: