Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:35:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681494 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4280 on: January 25, 2015, 10:21:53 AM »

They broke up though. If Guns folded, then that would have been it also - and indeed it was for the old band. But here Axl continued the name and started talking about 'trilogies'. I am going to take him at his word and assume, by 'trilogy', he means three albums, connected in some fashion. If Axl had folded Guns in 1996, when Slash left, I would have just went 'that is it. I still have Appetite and the memories. Shame, good band''. I would have probably followed Axl's solo career in the same way I follow Slash's and Izzy's, but that would have been it beyond discussions on archival material.

I almost get the feeling we'd have been better off never believing anything Axl said.  Just called him a liar after interview he's done.

Why?

Because when you trey to ask questions about stuff he said, you become the bad guy.  For what, having a memory?  That wasn't any of us saying "round one" and talking about being "last man standing" or talking about how he wanted to take the band in new directions.  Talking about how he's recorded all this material.  Did we put all that in his mouth?

But try asking about any of it, and its like "man, why you gotta break balls?"

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4281 on: January 25, 2015, 10:24:02 AM »

Do you ever listen to Appetite For Destruction? Why would you listen to it, it's the same songs in the same order, all the time! Since 1987.... It's stayed the same.
Unless you make the album "better" by hitting Shuffle!

Oh, you don't listen to it because it's boring but you're commenting on others who listen to it and enjoy it?

There's your setlist argument in a nutshell.  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #4282 on: January 25, 2015, 10:31:06 AM »

See, this does not even describe me. When I am posting I am usually doing it instead of work or studies. I am never sad or angry, usually the reverse as I see the way this band are run, as hilarious; there is a lot of comic material there.

It's easy to say that. Actions speak louder than words.
Maybe your comedy act is based on the single fact that the band won't do what you think they should? I don't think you'd be so "funny" if the band was releasing albums every other year, not playing in Las Vegas and taking advice from you. In other words, if everything went according to your wishes.

I think I am a better judge of my own emotive state, than you are.

There was a perfectly interesting conversation between two people earlier which you interrupted because of, perceived, 'negativity'. It was merely a conversation, and all that entails (speculation, criticism, hypothesis), between two adults.

If you didn't post so much bullshit, I wouldn't have to respond.  Smiley

I was not part of that particular conversation - I was just following it.

Tend to. Once again, this comes down to everybody's personal release schedules and what fits their "needs". If things don't go according to their plans, we get what we've gotten for the last decade.

Some seem to think of musicians as factories who produce albums. Yeah, some probably are. Others aren't. Those that aren't, they don't fit that model. "But that band releases albums....". "Nobody else takes this long....". But nobody else is GN'R, nobody else is your favorite band (I assume). Enjoy what you got. Call me a zealot, for being happy about what we got instead of spending my days whining about what we don't have. Whatever. :

Instead you ''spend days whining about whiners''?

PS

Nobody has insinuated that musicians should be 'factories' - that is you pulling out the straw man again.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4283 on: January 25, 2015, 10:32:55 AM »

Do you ever listen to Appetite For Destruction? Why would you listen to it, it's the same songs in the same order, all the time! Since 1987.... It's stayed the same.

Unless you make the album "better" by hitting Shuffle!

Oh, you don't listen to it because it's boring but you're commenting on others who listen to it and enjoy it?

There's your setlist argument in a nutshell.  Tongue

No, its a preposterous analogy in a nutshell.

The same live setlist leg after leg, year after year, is not the same principle as an album. 

Ridiculous.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
mortismurphy
« Reply #4284 on: January 25, 2015, 10:35:34 AM »

It is a terrible analogy. You spend only ?10 - whatever that is in $ - on an album (and I am being generous there) and you have it for life. A show, you are spending, sometimes six-eight times that figure for an unprecedented experience! Meanwhile, other acts are offering other unprecedented experiences for similar sums.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4285 on: January 25, 2015, 10:55:07 AM »

It is a terrible analogy. You spend only ?10 - whatever that is in $ - on an album (and I am being generous there) and you have it for life. A show, you are spending, sometimes six-eight times that figure for an unprecedented experience! Meanwhile, other acts are offering other unprecedented experiences for similar sums.

And an album is a moment in time.  Snapshots do not change, unless its a picture of Marty McFly's siblings.

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4286 on: January 25, 2015, 11:09:00 AM »

See, this does not even describe me. When I am posting I am usually doing it instead of work or studies. I am never sad or angry, usually the reverse as I see the way this band are run, as hilarious; there is a lot of comic material there.

Maybe your comedy act is based on the single fact that the band won't do what you think they should? I don't think you'd be so "funny" if the band was releasing albums every other year, not playing in Las Vegas and taking advice from you. In other words, if everything went according to your wishes.

Not necessarily the case. Most people are blinded, or can't admit who and how they are.  Pretty sure you fit into this category. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
mortismurphy
« Reply #4287 on: January 25, 2015, 11:16:51 AM »

Not necessarily the case. Most people are blinded, or can't admit who and how they are.  Pretty sure you fit into this category. 

...fit into the category of someone who will dislike an album that, A/ Has not been released B/ Has not been heard?

Right!

Nobody even knows my opinion on Chinese Democracy here, which is about the only guide you have to go on, predicting my reaction to this, hypothetical future album. You people are truly bonkers.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #4288 on: January 25, 2015, 11:23:07 AM »

...fit into the category of someone who will dislike an album that, A/ Has not been released B/ Has not been heard?

Right!

Nobody even knows my opinion on Chinese Democracy here, which is about the only guide you have to go on, predicting my reaction to this, hypothetical future album. You people are truly bonkers.

"You people" hihi

Just convinced you will find something to whine about. Your posting history speaks volumes.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
mortismurphy
« Reply #4289 on: January 25, 2015, 11:24:43 AM »

I am surrounded by time-travelers who know how I am going to react to an album that is not even released yet!!
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #4290 on: January 25, 2015, 11:32:51 AM »

I am surrounded by time-travelers who know how I am going to react to an album that is not even released yet!!

Nah, you are surrounded by some actual fans and supporters of GNR that are calling you out on your hater shit.

It gets very tiresome.

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4291 on: January 25, 2015, 12:45:45 PM »

Maybe you are. Just like you need to point out what Axl is doing wrong in your opinion, the same can be applied to you by others. We can point out the things we don't agree with regarding to your conduct. It's only fair don't you think?

Did that answer the question? No.

Would you be making fun of the band if you got everything your way? Using your logic, yes you would. And if that's the case, then nothing would change. If you wouldn't, then your comedy act now is pretty much based on you not getting your way, in other words some kind of frustration. Wink

I was not part of that particular conversation - I was just following it.

Well whatever I said that you object to, I had my reason(s). Just like you have yours.

Nobody has insinuated that musicians should be 'factories' - that is you pulling out the straw man again.

Straw man, track record, and so on.

Your response is expected. I didn't say anybody claimed it. I merely pointed out that some of you seem to think that bands all work using the same assembly line method.

And no, none of you called a band an assembly line. Straw man.

No, its a preposterous analogy in a nutshell.

The same live setlist leg after leg, year after year, is not the same principle as an album. 

Ridiculous.

You have no sense of humor. Wink

It's the same songs in the same order! Boohoo!

So you basically compare a concert to a movie.  hihi
Also, some of the people opposing the setlist didn't spend anything on the tickets, they didn't go. Wink

Also, it was a joke. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #4292 on: January 25, 2015, 12:59:27 PM »

If you cannot see the difference between an infinite mechanical product such as a compact disc, and a finite unique 'event' such as a two-three hour concert now, I doubt I can convince you of the difference.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4293 on: January 25, 2015, 01:06:47 PM »

If you cannot see the difference between an infinite mechanical product such as a compact disc, and a finite unique 'event' such as a two-three hour concert now, I doubt I can convince you of the difference.

It was a joke. Cheesy
Seriously. But yeah, people do like to listen to those songs in the same order year after year. But if a concert doesn't have enough variation, that's horrible. Especially when they don't even attend the concerts. Wink

Cheesy

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #4294 on: January 25, 2015, 01:08:16 PM »

Funny about these concerts I ''did not attend''. Wonder how that tour book from the 2012 European tour suddenly appeared in my room?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4295 on: January 25, 2015, 01:09:18 PM »

Funny about these concerts I ''did not attend''. Wonder how that tour book from the 2012 European tour suddenly appeared in my room?

It's amazing how the only thing you seem to remember was how the setlist was the same....
Is that the highlight of the show(s) you attended?

/jarmo

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #4296 on: January 25, 2015, 01:15:03 PM »

Were you in attendance at either Vegas residency? Were you in attendance at any of the SA gigs in 2014? The Pennsylvania show?

You haven't been to a show since 2012, but you bitch and cry about them all.

Boo hoo, poor you, such a sad little life you must have.

"Shut the fuck up."
mortismurphy
« Reply #4297 on: January 25, 2015, 01:15:28 PM »

In actual fact, it was the introduction of Estranged and Civil War which - just - got me out of the house. Funny how a shake up to the setlist does that. If I was in the same area of any of these 2013-14 shows, I would not have attended. It is just not an enticing ticket. There is no enough incentive for me.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #4298 on: January 25, 2015, 01:18:04 PM »

In actual fact, it was the introduction of Estranged and Civil War which - just - got me out of the house. Funny how a shake up to the setlist does that. If I was in the same area of any of these 2013-14 shows, I would not have attended. It is just not an enticing ticket. There is no enough incentive for me.

Gee, we will try to survive without you, dont know how we make it.

Hope you get well soon, and obtain a life, a hobby and a personality.

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4299 on: January 25, 2015, 01:26:35 PM »

In actual fact, it was the introduction of Estranged and Civil War which - just - got me out of the house.

Cool.

Funny how a shake up to the setlist does that. If I was in the same area of any of these 2013-14 shows, I would not have attended.

Funny, for some people it's not really an issue. Considering it's their favorite band and all.
Also, sometimes you have a chance to see the band play a festival in a field somewhere, sometimes it's an arena, and then sometimes a small intimate venue.
For example, I remember in London in 2006. They played the Hammersmith Apollo. Pretty cool place and show! The setlist? Who cares.

I never get tired of seeing the band live. It's always great. And yes, different.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: