Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:23:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681027 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4240 on: January 24, 2015, 04:48:19 PM »

People who spend years being frustrated are suddenly gonna be all smiles? Really?

Well...yeah.

There are actually some studies that are saying people waiting for something tend to stop waiting once it gets here.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4241 on: January 24, 2015, 04:53:48 PM »

Apparently some of you got laughed at or whatever by somebody because you defended GN'R and now you need to take that out on GN'R, so it doesn't happen again.

No.  No one has said that, ever. 

Nor "takes it out" on GNR.  Whatever "it" is there, I have no idea.  That's only in your head.

Regarding hits. When radio weren't supposed to play GN'R songs, they did. When they could play GN'R songs, some of them didn't. Yet some still defend leaks.

Leaks got played and there was a positive reaction.  There was interest in the material.

So, obviously, the move is to not put the album out for 2 and a half more years.  Kill that momentum before it does any real damage.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4242 on: January 24, 2015, 05:10:52 PM »

Well...yeah.

There are actually some studies that are saying people waiting for something tend to stop waiting once it gets here.

From your experience, would you say these people are happier now than in say 2007? I mean, they got Chinese Democracy!

Do these people still listen to that album? Maybe it's boring to listen to albums since it's the same songs all the time.... If they don't, why not? And if they don't, why do you think they'll be happy with the next album, considering it might be similar to Chinese Democracy....?

No.  No one has said that, ever. 

Nor "takes it out" on GNR.  Whatever "it" is there, I have no idea.  That's only in your head.

Here's the quote:

us fans of the original band (AND FOLLOWED THE LEAD UP TO CD AS LOYAL AS EVER, DEFENDEDING THIS GUY YEAR IN, YEAR OUT.....to our friends who in retrospect were correct to be cynical) .....

It seems like his friends were right and he doesn't like it. So now he wants to be more like his friends.

Leaks got played and there was a positive reaction.  There was interest in the material.

So, obviously, the move is to not put the album out for 2 and a half more years.  Kill that momentum before it does any real damage.

Yeah, your suggestion is what? Considering the band hadn't negotiated the album's release at that point. Magic?

Face it, there's always gonna be something wrong with your favorite band to some of you. It's a never ending quest to find yet another grievance. Can't be like those zealots who are happy with what they got! Oh no!

It's not the 1990s anymore when your band was the way you wanted it to be. Or maybe it wasn't but you like to think it was.... The past is behind us, we can't change it. This is where we are, 2015. Not 1992. Or 2002 for that matter. Or even 2008.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4243 on: January 24, 2015, 05:21:31 PM »

From your experience, would you say these people are happier now than in say 2007? I mean, they got Chinese Democracy!

Do these people still listen to that album? Maybe it's boring to listen to albums since it's the same songs all the time.... If they don't, why not? And if they don't, why do you think they'll be happy with the next album, considering it might be similar to Chinese Democracy....?

Who are these people?  Its none of us.

All of us here liked the album.  Still listen to it.  Want to hear more of it.

I get that you don't approve that some of us don't meet some of your wackier demands on fandom.  But that doesn't make us the general public.  These people you keep talking about aren't us.

It seems like his friends were right and he doesn't like it. So now he wants to be more like his friends.

I didn't get that read.

Sounded like he was saying that some of his other friends, obviously not as hardcore as he is, had doubts about all of this.  Presumably, he was more optimistic.  He's still onboard, personally, but you can't call his friends wrong.

Yeah, your suggestion is what? Considering the band hadn't negotiated the album's release at that point. Magic?

The leaks were unfortunate, but from that came real encouragement.

They were played.  They were reviewed, for god's sake.  Given good marks.

Isn't that a sign to strike while the iron is hot? 

Face it, there's always gonna be something wrong with your favorite band to some of you. It's a never ending quest to find yet another grievance. Can't be like those zealots who are happy with what they got! Oh no!

It's not the 1990s anymore when your band was the way you wanted it to be. Or maybe it wasn't but you like to think it was.... The past is behind us, we can't change it. This is where we are, 2015. Not 1992. Or 2002 for that matter. Or even 2008.

This is just more pity party stuff.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4244 on: January 24, 2015, 05:34:21 PM »

Who are these people?  Its none of us.

All of us here liked the album.  Still listen to it.  Want to hear more of it.

I get that you don't approve that some of us don't meet some of your wackier demands on fandom.  But that doesn't make us the general public.  These people you keep talking about aren't us.

Who are these people? The ones who were frustrated while waiting for Chinese Democracy and who are once again frustrated. Those people.
It's not you? Great!

How come there's some much negativity then? Sorry if that looks like frustration to me. Maybe you're the happiest ray of sunshine in all of PA, I wouldn't know. But there seems to be some frustration regarding your favorite band in many of your posts. Don't like it? Deal me some other cards! Wink

The leaks were unfortunate, but from that came real encouragement.

They were played.  They were reviewed, for god's sake.  Given good marks.

Isn't that a sign to strike while the iron is hot?

I get that part. I'm asking you, how do you figure they could've released those unfinished tracks at the time when they hadn't even taken care of the business end regarding the album's release.

What you are saying is basically: They should've released it.
Yeah, I get that. That's the simple answer. I think you should try to run 100 meters in about 8 seconds. Easy to just type out things when you don't need to think.  peace

This is just more pity party stuff.

Give it a rest. Nobody's looking for pity.

If anything, it's just painting a picture of how sad happy some fans must be when most of their online activity is based on complaining.
Better? No pity party! Cheesy

And by the way, I don't feel sorry for you or anyone else in the pity party. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4245 on: January 24, 2015, 05:41:54 PM »

I get that part. I'm asking you, how do you figure they could've released those unfinished tracks at the time when they hadn't even taken care of the business end regarding the album's release.

No.

But what was the one with the best reaction?  'Better'?  I'd have let them keep playing it.

It was getting over with the people.  It sounded the most polished.  You are currently on tour at the time.  You leave that on the air as a teaser, preview, or whatever you want to call it for your album.

Face it, before these leaks, there was real doubt there would even be an album.  Its why people downloaded them.  Its why the radio played them.  Because who the hell knows if these suckers ever come out.

But once its out there, and people are digging it, that's a GOOD sign.

Give it a rest. Nobody's looking for pity.

It is a pity party, dude.

Oh, it's not fair.  Everyone's so mean.  I already know what people are going to say and its so awful.  Woe is everything.  Why does everyone have to be so terrible?

And by the way, I don't feel sorry for you or anyone else in the pity party. Wink

Its YOUR party, dude.  We're just the ones waiting for our ride.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 05:43:28 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4246 on: January 24, 2015, 06:06:03 PM »

You are currently on tour at the time.  You leave that on the air as a teaser, preview, or whatever you want to call it for your album.

The band wasn't on tour in February 2006. They had announced some European shows at that point, but US radio doesn't really matter over here in Europe.
There was no US tour in early 2006. The New York City shows happened in May, months later.

But once its out there, and people are digging it, that's a GOOD sign.

The good was that there was interest and excitement. All the other things are negatives. When the single was released, it wasn't new. It had already leaked.

Oh, it's not fair.  Everyone's so mean.  I already know what people are going to say and its so awful.  Woe is everything.  Why does everyone have to be so terrible?[/I]

That sounds more like you. For a person who claims this is not serious, you sure don't act like it. Smiley

For the record, I think it's sad that some fans need to exist in that kind of weird negative existence. For something fun like rock n' roll, it's filled with frustration and negativity. How ironic! Wink

We're just the ones waiting for our ride.

Yeah, waiting again!  hihi
Last time you got a ride, people got tired of your whining after a few minutes. It was your first ride in years, but you didn't want that colored car, the scenery wasn't what you expected and so on. Funny how beggars can be choosers! Wink
Now you're waiting again and passing time by talking about how everything has sucked for years and Axl won't make your dreams come true!  ok

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 06:29:00 PM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4247 on: January 24, 2015, 06:16:07 PM »

The good was that there was interest and excitement. All the other things are negatives. When the single was released, it wasn't new. It had already leaked.

True.  I've heard it argued that sort of took it out the running to be a single, for that reason.

Tough call, I think.  I think its the strongest vocal on the album, and pretty accessible song.

Oh, it's not fair.  Everyone's so mean.  I already know what people are going to say and its so awful.  Woe is everything.  Why does everyone have to be so terrible?

That sounds more like you.

I don't say any of those things.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4248 on: January 24, 2015, 06:27:38 PM »

True.  I've heard it argued that sort of took it out the running to be a single, for that reason.

Tough call, I think.  I think its the strongest vocal on the album, and pretty accessible song.

Also, the fact that something is "forbidden" makes it more interesting. I assume the same could be true for radio. "Here's something we're not supposed to play....".

Neither did I!
Two can play that game.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4249 on: January 24, 2015, 06:47:12 PM »

Neither did I!
Two can play that game.

Yeah, but only I can say it credibly.

I have never one time told people that talk about what goes on, or offers an opinion about something that happened, that they need to shut up and be good quiet little fans.

I have never one time scolded anyone here for not being a loyal or real fan.

I have never one time lamented that people will get the album and still be unhappy because we are such terrible people.

All of that mess is YOUR racket, not mine.

GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #4250 on: January 24, 2015, 07:12:05 PM »

The album doesn't even have a title or a release date and already you're doing damage control?  ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4251 on: January 24, 2015, 07:20:09 PM »

Modest much?

I have never one time told people that talk about what goes on, or offers an opinion about something that happened, that they need to shut up and be good quiet little fans.

I have never one time scolded anyone here for not being a loyal or real fan.

I have never one time lamented that people will get the album and still be unhappy because we are such terrible people.

All of that mess is YOUR racket, not mine.

You got a problem with me expressing my honest objective opinion based on track records from past history?

How come you're free to question me? You're free to call us names? You're free to make assumptions based on your sometimes misguided so called facts?
But if I do the same to you, this is what you come up with!

Yes, I can question the existence where most of the posts made are negative. Like I said, I can only.... cards... so on.

The album doesn't even have a title or a release date and already you're doing damage control?  ok

Just telling things the way I see them.  ok
Don't like it? Give me something new to see. Cheesy

/jarmo

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 07:23:34 PM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4252 on: January 24, 2015, 07:24:07 PM »

Modest much?

I am simply stating a fact.

Of the two of us, I'm the only one that can say he doesn't say any of that stuff.

Thus, your "neither did I!" comeback falls flat.  Doesn't stand up.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4253 on: January 24, 2015, 07:25:58 PM »

Are you wondering how you will react when that day comes?

If you are, just ask our man.  He knows.  He can tell you.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4254 on: January 24, 2015, 07:41:46 PM »

I am simply stating a fact.

Of the two of us, I'm the only one that can say he doesn't say any of that stuff.

Thus, your "neither did I!" comeback falls flat.  Doesn't stand up.

Never said those things.  Kiss

You on the other hand: Poor me! It's so tough being a GN'R fan! So many things suck! Really, I'm supportive. But this sucks, that sucks! Most things suck! I love this band, look at my baseball cap! Did I tell you all the things that suck about this band that has a reputation of canceling shows and have no group photos of them? Let me tell you.....

Oh, what's that? You never said those things? That doesn't matter, I can generalize just like you! Cheesy

How come you ignored the rest? Cheesy

Never claimed people were terrible. That's just you looking for pity. Poor you. Once again! Poor poor you... There there.
Some people spend most of their time on this site complaining and somebody thinks it seems like a sad waste of time. Poor them. How dare he question them. Doesn't he realize they're huge fans who are just upset? They need some pity!

If that's your idea of a productive supportive meaningful fan existence, then that's your opinion. I don't have to agree. No need to cry about it.

Are you wondering how you will react when that day comes?

If you are, just ask our man.  He knows.  He can tell you.

Mr Track record himself is suddenly not so keen on using the same excuse of track records. Wonder why?

It's only a rock band and album, why do you keep getting so worked up anytime somebody questions your motives for being so negative? Cheesy

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 07:53:08 PM by jarmo » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4255 on: January 24, 2015, 08:03:27 PM »

Why don't they play If The World, possibly one they haven't played for years but will play the other songs from CD?

The retired that song from the set in 2010. Other songs were played instead. Maybe those songs worked better in the show. Not sure.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4256 on: January 24, 2015, 09:09:46 PM »

You on the other hand: Poor me! It's so tough being a GN'R fan! So many things suck! Really, I'm supportive. But this sucks, that sucks! Most things suck! I love this band, look at my baseball cap! Did I tell you all the things that suck about this band that has a reputation of canceling shows and have no group photos of them? Let me tell you.....

Never claimed people were terrible. That's just you looking for pity. Poor you. Once again! Poor poor you... There there.
Some people spend most of their time on this site complaining and somebody thinks it seems like a sad waste of time. Poor them. How dare he question them. Doesn't he realize they're huge fans who are just upset? They need some pity!

Yikes.

carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4257 on: January 24, 2015, 11:03:12 PM »

\
]

Here's the quote:

us fans of the original band (AND FOLLOWED THE LEAD UP TO CD AS LOYAL AS EVER, DEFENDEDING THIS GUY YEAR IN, YEAR OUT.....to our friends who in retrospect were correct to be cynical) .....

Jarmo. To clarify.

many of us defended Axl for many years as we bought into the idea that he had created and would release multiple albums. The whole idea was that Axl was modernising GNR and taking the band into a new era. Yes, we were laughed at a bit (in a gentle chiding manner not like we were persecuted because it's only a rock band). In retrospect those that were cynical were much, much, much closer to the mark than those of us who hoped for / anticipated a series of great releases within a reasonable time frame and for GNR to be an influential band artistically as well as commercially.

Sooooo, how does that relate to the quote and your interpretation?

Am I wanting to 'be like my friends?"...Well If you offered a point and your friend disagrees. The event in discussion unfolds and your friend was in large parts correct do you acknowledge this or stubbornly refuse to acknowledge it?? Ahh Jarmo we already know which you would do. Always have a pre-determined view and argue backwards from that.

Your implication that I want to 'take it out on the band' because I was 'laughed at' is paranoid and bizarre, A real deflection rather than the reality that I think it's a damn shame that the haters were more correct than the more hopeful amongst us. 'Take it out on the band'?? Are you serious??

What you don't get is that I didn't want to be 'right' about GNR for my own ego I wanted to be 'right' because I wanted the band to succeed, I wanted to hear music, I wanted the band to get respect. THIS is why I am disappointed, not because some friend that I no longer have contact with was essentially correct.

Simply put, I do feel disappointment that the band never fulfilled the promise they had....or the repeated expectations they set for that matter. I am disappointed that my cynical friends were correct. Disappointed in the same way you may defend a friend from an accusation only to find out that the accusation was correct. There is no malice, ulterior motive or any revenge (how does one even take revenge by offering an opinion on a message board anyway?). Put simply any negative comments are:

a) motivated simply by disappointment in the bands current state
b) Offering an opinion on how the situation can be improved
c) a counter argument to the sunshine n lollipops, head in the sand-ism around here. Seeking balance.
d) an honest assessment of the bands current state (as hard as it is to believe that people may hold these views based on genuine perceptions)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 11:20:58 PM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4258 on: January 24, 2015, 11:50:54 PM »

You guys all all great. 

Because you are all gnr fans.   Or else why would you be reading this or posting.   All gnr fans.

I am loaded here in my last night in paridise.  And I am trying to read threw all the posts and comments since I have left.

Thanks for putting up with a few of my loaded posts.  Where I would not only solve all the problems with gnr.   But I would solve all the worlds problems.      Give me a couple of drinks and I have it all figured out. 

We have a great website here and I am proud to be a poster here.  And am also proud since I have become a member posts have picked up.   Way more chicks here.    Story of my life. 

Back to writing a hit

There were no hits on CD.    None.   You people say this song or that song could of been a hit.   They should of played it more.  This song they should of promoted more.   If they did that song X off of CD would of been a hit.  M

Nope!

And it's not a bad thing. 

There were no hits written on CD.   Just the way it was. 

This post is not to blame anyone over that. Especially the guitar players.   Just the way it is.    No hits. 

Move on. 

Just because u like a song.  U think this song I liked or loved should of been played more.  If they did it would be a hit.

Nope.   That's not how it works.     

Trust me I don't like hits.   They are great for the band because more hits equals more money. Which equals mor albums.  Which equals more tours.   

I loved the album CD.   Loved it.   But there are no hits off it.   Mb if there was we would get a album sooner. 

If you ask me what I truly want.  I want a album that is almos the same as CD.   With great lyrics and great guitar solos.   I couldn't care less if it sells.   

But mb the fact that no hit was written before is the reason we don't have new music. 

Lol you wanted the best.   But you got TheBaconman.   Live from Mexico.     Baby!!!!! 

Hand me his shirt!,    gone!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4259 on: January 24, 2015, 11:57:07 PM »

And just for the record

Regarding the album CD and no hits. 

TWAT was the best song period. 

Axl sounded the best

And you had two guitar mad men laying down two great solos.   

That's where the money was
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: