Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:35:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1680805 times)
mortismurphy
« Reply #4220 on: January 24, 2015, 01:37:58 PM »

The same shit was going on in 2002, 2006, 2010 and every year. Some people always found something wrong with the band. Maybe the people change, maybe not. But the same shit goes on year after year.
Same fucking complaints. Nothing you guys say hasn't been said already, either by yourselves or somebody else.

Then at some point, some of these people start looking back at the "good old days". Which is ironic considering how much they were shitting on it at the time.

Where did the goodwill come from? From mostly the same people where it's coming from today, yesterday, last week, last year and last decades. Yet, here you are attacking these same people.

Jarmo knows how you are going to react when Axl releases an album!

Guy's a time travelling mind reader!

Hey, if all fails, try to ridicule the post.
That'll work for you.

Look back and think, if you really think one album is gonna change everything, I got a bridge to sell you.  ok

/jarmo

My ridiculing of you hides a serious point that it is completely presumptuous of you, to second guest how certain fans are going to react to a new album. You cannot possibly know how someone, who you only know via the net anyhow, is going to react to a hypothetical release.

Releasing an album can do a few things, all 'positive' you might be pleased to know.

- It might bring a bit credibility back to Axl, breaking the current Vegas malaise which has turned Axl into a laughing stock.

- It will give him new songs, from which to shake the setlist up a bit.

- It will increase his share of material.

- It will give us fans something to enjoy (for a change).
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #4221 on: January 24, 2015, 03:36:13 PM »

^^ I don't think anyone disagrees that releasing an album would be good for the band and the fans. Also, out of everyone that I have shown the AFD DVD to (which amounts to quite a few people at this point), there was not a single person that complained about it being shot in Vegas. I don't think people are out there in the streets talking about how Axl isn't credible because he's a Vegas act now. The only people I see complaining about that are hardcore fans, and even then, not all of the hardcore fans see it as a bad thing. People that I know in real life (as opposed to the internet) giggle about Axl gaining weight, they make fun of DJ's clothes, they hate BBF's solo spot, but no one has ever said "Oh yuck, this was filmed in Vegas?"

I think this whole Vegas thing is something that for whatever reason you personally do not like and therefore exaggerate it's significance. You complain about the Vegas image without even watching the DVD. Would you have actually watched it if it was filmed somewhere else?

I hope you like the next album Mortis' but just about anyone here could point to your track record and guess that you wouldn't. That's not a strange prediction to make on Jarmo's behalf.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4222 on: January 24, 2015, 03:40:28 PM »

Regarding writing hits. The fact still remains, the song could be amazing but it the starting point for may people will still be "this isn't the old band". It was obvious with Chinese Democracy.

#1 - That's life.  This is the business he's chosen.

#2 - Where was the big hit on CD?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4223 on: January 24, 2015, 03:41:39 PM »

If Axl had have come out with Cd and followed up with 2 other great albums in quick succession filled with great music his legitimacy would be much more secure. Right now we have the boy who cried wolf, then failed to back it up, then cried musical integrity then became a Vegas covers act. The few zealots that remain expect us fans of the original band (AND FOLLOWED THE LEAD UP TO CD AS LOYAL AS EVER, DEFENDEDING THIS GUY YEAR IN, YEAR OUT.....to our friends who in retrospect were correct to be cynical) to conveniently forget our agreed on rules and criteria for what would constitute 'Nu-GNR' being considered a success.

Revisionism at it's finest.

Despite this any criticism is because we are disappointed the band (Axl) isn't fulfilling his promise and the blame lays with the yes men of the world and not the critics.

Great post.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4224 on: January 24, 2015, 03:44:04 PM »

The so called criteria for success only lived in your heads. Why not admit that nothing the band could have done would live up to that? Why is isn't it obvious to you that nothing has changed? The band released the album you were waiting for, that one thing that you wanted so much, only to be met with more negativity.

From us?  No.  Other people maybe, but none of us.

The problem is that this all seems pretty half ass.  Like he's afraid to try it for real.  It would be one thing to put it all out there on his sleeve and sink or swim, but he's never done that.

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #4225 on: January 24, 2015, 03:45:56 PM »

I'm gonna enjoy coming back to this thread when then next album's been released and reminiscing the wait and the questions we asked.

I like that kinda shit

I just hope I'm gonna be doin this 12-18 months down the line, and not in 3-4 years time

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4226 on: January 24, 2015, 03:50:29 PM »

Let me get this straight. Thmmed out.e reason for your bitterness is because your poor egos got bruised because you "defended" GN'R to your friends and then it turned out they were right? Right about what?

I think it was more of a case they were pretty sure this wasn't going to work.  We likely all disputed that, but its hard to say we were on the right side of that.

Regarding functional band. Well, the irony of that is that some of you spent quite some time complaining about the pointless touring. Functional bands tour. That's one of the basic things bands do.

Yes, in conjunction with a number of other things that this band does not do.  Be serious.

So don't give us that crap. You don't want functional. You want an album. Because in your minds that's functional. Yet again, I'm telling you, that's not gonna change a single thing. You won't like this band more even if they put out ten albums. Who are you trying to fool?

We all like this band just fine.

Do you hear some of your arguments?  Our constant want for a new album is proof we hate the band.  What the hell sense does that make?

You seem to project a lot of anger about the public that didn't really buy into this onto us.  So many of the things you say apply to them, not us.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4227 on: January 24, 2015, 03:53:18 PM »

Look back and think, if you really think one album is gonna change everything, I got a bridge to sell you.  ok

We're not looking to solve the world's problems, dude.  We'd just like to hear some music from our favorite artist.

The only thing we hope changes is doing nothing for long stretches of time.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #4228 on: January 24, 2015, 03:53:30 PM »

Where wasn't the big hit on CD DX? Better, IRS, Catcher, Madagascar, SOD, This I love, TWAT, Prostitute, If the World, you can put them right up there with any of the best GNR songs. Those are great songs. Just because they didn't catch on with the public does not make them bad songs. Honestly, the public sucks man. Do you ever turn on the radio and hear what they put on there?  I'm starting to agree with Baconman that GNR fans (perhaps specifically in America?) are too needy. We as a collective are like one of Axl's annoying ex girlfriends. "How come you never talk to me Axl? How come I never see you anymore?". No wonder he doesn't want to be seen or heard just for the sake of being seen or heard. People just won't leave the fuckin' guy alone. I'm maybe starting to understand why he wrote a song called "leave me alone".
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 03:55:08 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4229 on: January 24, 2015, 03:57:12 PM »

Where wasn't the big hit on CD DX? Better, IRS, Catcher, Madagascar, SOD, This I love, TWAT, Prostitute, If the World, you can put them right up there with any of the best GNR songs. Those are great songs. Just because they didn't catch on with the public does not make them bad songs.

Of course not.  But we were talking about hits.  There are no hits in there.

No one said they were bad songs.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #4230 on: January 24, 2015, 03:57:47 PM »

Then what makes a hit a hit?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 04:05:39 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4231 on: January 24, 2015, 03:59:54 PM »

A commercially successful song that makes an impact and becomes a radio staple.

No CD songs are on the radio, ever.  How are any of them hits?

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #4232 on: January 24, 2015, 04:06:30 PM »

A commercially successful song that makes an impact and becomes a radio staple.

No CD songs are on the radio, ever.  How are any of them hits?

And what is it that makes a song successful on the radio/commercially successful?

If I was Axl and I saw what goes on here it would really trip me out. I mean holy shit, all these people here obsessing over his career every single day. But it's not like he signed some contract with us. He's not our contractor. He's just some artist. Neither is he the conductor from Snow Piercer. We all have the chance to step off the train and out into the world any time we choose. There is no need for a revolution here, there are no heroes in the making, nobody being unfairly oppressed. It is just a bunch of people bitching about the way an artist does his thing. Imagine if this happened back in Davinci's day. All these people gathering in town square every day going "Where the fuck is Davinci's next work of art? We've been waiting for so and so long, and this and that, and he needs to get his shit together!!!". It's kind of strange isn't it?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4233 on: January 24, 2015, 04:09:09 PM »

And what is it that makes a song successful on the radio/commercially successful?

It catches on with the public.

If I was Axl and I saw what goes on here it would really trip me out. I mean holy shit, all these people here obsessing over his career every single day. But it's not like he signed some contract with us. He's not our contractor. He's just some artist. Neither is he the conductor from Snow Piercer. We all have the chance to step off the train and out into the world any time we choose. There is no need for a revolution here, there are no heroes in the making, nobody being unfairly oppressed. It is just a bunch of people bitching about the way an artist does his thing. Imagine if this happened back in Davinci's day. All these people gathering in town square every day going "Where the fuck is Davinci's next work of art? We've been waiting for so and so long, and this and that, and he needs to get his shit together!!!". It's kind of strange isn't it?

Not really, no.  We are fans talking about a shared interest.

This is supposed to be fun.  This isn't a court of law or a hostage negotiation.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #4234 on: January 24, 2015, 04:13:21 PM »

^^ Sometimes that's not how it feels. It's more like an obsession or an addiction. Every day, you know? I'm starting to wonder myself if I am just spending waaaay too much time on here. I love the place (maybe a little too much) but it drives me crazy coming here every day and focusing on something I want but have no control over. I feel like it's driving some of you guys crazy too.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #4235 on: January 24, 2015, 04:29:09 PM »

I feel like focusing on the CD not being successful misses the point.

Why do we care if it was successful or not? Isn't the only thing that matters whether we personally like it or not?

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 04:33:56 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4236 on: January 24, 2015, 04:30:55 PM »

I feel like focusing on the CD not being successful misses the point.

Why do we care if it was successful or not? Isn't the only thing that matters whether we personally like it or not?

But who here is saying they don't like it?

We were talking about public reaction, not our individual ones.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #4237 on: January 24, 2015, 04:38:17 PM »

No one is saying that, but this point (that CD was not commercially successful, despite the fact that it didn't do all that bad) seems to be stressed over and over again with the spin that Axl is fucking up. Really, if we all like CD, then he must not have fucked up that bad.   

But anyway, as for me, I think I'll take a break soon. Even in the short amount of time I have been here we already talked about the same things at least ten times over. It's almost like it's not really the discussion that matters. It has changed into more of a rally of sorts, DX and friends VS Jarmo and friends. Nothing wrong with it, but I feel like we'll have a lot more fun around here when we have something to talk about. But just because Axl isn't giving me anything to talk about doesn't mean he's going about it the wrong way. I know, don't let the door hit you on the way out right? But a lot of it has to do with me spending too much time on here being unproductive more than anything.

Well guys, this is it for me for a while! I'll miss you (especially Mortis Murphy)! See you when an official statement comes around regarding the next album!

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4238 on: January 24, 2015, 04:41:57 PM »

My ridiculing of you hides a serious point that it is completely presumptuous of you, to second guest how certain fans are going to react to a new album. You cannot possibly know how someone, who you only know via the net anyhow, is going to react to a hypothetical release.

I can do what others do here all the time! Guess!
You know how you guys like to play the "track record" game? So can I!

Why is it that you guys can assume, guess and post all kinds of negativity, but if somebody dares to apply those same actions to you, it's suddenly "wrong"?

Releasing an album can do a few things, all 'positive' you might be pleased to know.

- It might bring a bit credibility back to Axl, breaking the current Vegas malaise which has turned Axl into a laughing stock.

- It will give him new songs, from which to shake the setlist up a bit.

- It will increase his share of material.

- It will give us fans something to enjoy (for a change).

Most of these are all your personal opinions, not based on any facts. Smiley

And yes, you didn't prove me wrong. Chinese Democracy was the one you waited for for so long and it didn't take long for some of you to find something else to be unhappy/frustrated about Smiley

#1 - That's life.  This is the business he's chosen.

#2 - Where was the big hit on CD?

Before you reply, you need to understand what I said.  ok

Do you hear some of your arguments?  Our constant want for a new album is proof we hate the band.  What the hell sense does that make?

You seem to project a lot of anger about the public that didn't really buy into this onto us.  So many of the things you say apply to them, not us.

Another example of you not understanding what I said.

I didn't claim your beloved waiting game means you hate the band. I said nothing's gonna change for some of you. You'll never be happy. Do you know why? Because some of you can't live with the fact that GN'R isn't doing what you think is right. Everybody loves to be right about GN'R. Then GN'R does something that doesn't follow the great business plans in your heads and it does not compute. How dare they?

And do you know how I can make that statement? Track record! Your beloved excuse for negativity. It can be applied to yourselves as well. Don't forget it.

People who spend years being frustrated are suddenly gonna be all smiles? Really?

Apparently some of you got laughed at or whatever by somebody because you defended GN'R and now you need to take that out on GN'R, so it doesn't happen again. And here I was being told this is just a rock band.... Cheesy

Regarding hits. When radio weren't supposed to play GN'R songs, they did. When they could play GN'R songs, some of them didn't. Yet some still defend leaks.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 04:44:44 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4239 on: January 24, 2015, 04:47:52 PM »

If I was Axl and I saw what goes on here it would really trip me out.

There's a reason why many bands or artists don't have official forums on their sites. And it's not because of the support and love...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: