Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:25:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681055 times)
mortismurphy
« Reply #4200 on: January 24, 2015, 08:18:52 AM »

They struggle for legitimacy in the public eye. It has been a problem for W. Axl Rose and new gnr since he first reappeared. To the public at large, they are not Guns N' Roses. It is that simple. They are a sort of aberration, a covers act. Slash was too much of a big persona and musical influence on the old band. Other bands when they changed line-ups would usually maintain two-three core members , Jagger/Richards/Watts, Blackmore/Paice/Lord, which, continued the band's (legitimate) lineage, sound and image.
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4201 on: January 24, 2015, 09:05:50 AM »

If Axl had have come out with Cd and followed up with 2 other great albums in quick succession filled with great music his legitimacy would be much more secure. Right now we have the boy who cried wolf, then failed to back it up, then cried musical integrity then became a Vegas covers act. The few zealots that remain expect us fans of the original band (AND FOLLOWED THE LEAD UP TO CD AS LOYAL AS EVER, DEFENDEDING THIS GUY YEAR IN, YEAR OUT.....to our friends who in retrospect were correct to be cynical) to conveniently forget our agreed on rules and criteria for what would constitute 'Nu-GNR' being considered a success.

Revisionism at it's finest.

Despite this any criticism is because we are disappointed the band (Axl) isn't fulfilling his promise and the blame lays with the yes men of the world and not the critics.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 09:08:51 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
mortismurphy
« Reply #4202 on: January 24, 2015, 09:14:25 AM »

If Axl had have come out with Cd and followed up with 2 other great albums in quick succession filled with great music his legitimacy would be much more secure. Right now we have the boy who cried wolf, then failed to back it up, then cried musical integrity then became a Vegas covers act. The few zealots that remain expect us fans of the original band (AND FOLLOWED THE LEAD UP TO CD AS LOYAL AS EVER, DEFENDEDING THIS GUY YEAR IN, YEAR OUT.....to our friends who in retrospect were correct to be cynical) to conveniently forget our agreed on rules and criteria for what would constitute 'Nu-GNR' being considered a success.

Despite this any criticism is because we are disappointed the band (Axl) isn't fulfilling his promise and the blame lays with the yes men of the world and not the critics.

I largely agree. I think he had a window of opportunity there to forge a new musical legacy.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #4203 on: January 24, 2015, 10:46:18 AM »

Nonsense, what were you "promised"??  The levels of entitlement and people distorting the truth to fit with their delusion is unfuckingbelievable, excuse my French-speaking.

Back on topic, and veering away from the whine factor, does anyone have opinions on whether new songs will be previewed in shows, like in 91, or does the immediacy factor of current technology likely preclude that from being likely?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4204 on: January 24, 2015, 10:48:09 AM »

Zealots?  rofl

This is the kind of nonsense the so called loyal fans spew out constantly when questioned. It's not their fault that they are frustrated by this rock band. How dare anybody question them?

The so called criteria for success only lived in your heads. Why not admit that nothing the band could have done would live up to that? Why is isn't it obvious to you that nothing has changed? The band released the album you were waiting for, that one thing that you wanted so much, only to be met with more negativity. We all thought that was the answer to your prayers didn't we? Turns out it wasn't. Then it was something else that the band "failed" with, and then something else and so on and so on. Back to square one, you need a new album. Deja fucking vu.

The so called zealots live in the present instead of pining for some fantasy that has been dreamed by people who claim to be fans, and get upset when questioned, but rarely show a whole lot of evidence of this.
The only "evidence" these people have of being fans is that the go on fan sites to complain about stuff they don't like. Apparently they complain because they care and want the best for the band. Well, I don't like Metallica, I could list things why I don't like them, doesn't make me a fan....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #4205 on: January 24, 2015, 10:49:15 AM »

Emily, maybe Going Down since it leaked (assuming Tommy is still in the band). Other than that, I don't think so. Album release then new songs played live.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4206 on: January 24, 2015, 10:52:34 AM »

People were expecting new song to be played pretty much every tour for the last couple of years.

What most people seem to forget is that most of the fans attending shows aren't like us. They don't pay attention to what's going on online.  They're not the ones who read setlists or download leaks.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #4207 on: January 24, 2015, 10:54:03 AM »

I would prefer they don't play any new songs until the release is set in stone....hold out.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #4208 on: January 24, 2015, 10:59:54 AM »

[...]The band released the album you were waiting for, that one thing that you wanted so much, only to be met with more negativity. [...]

/jarmo

let alone any subjective taste, but that album simply doesnt have any GREAT songs touching the masses. there is no Jungle, SCOM, PC etc. to be found on there. f.e. the CD songs still aint getting played in Hamburg's party world on the Reeperbahn. you never hear "Scraped", "chinese Democracy" or "Rhiad.." etc. there.
that CD album -at least- misses BIG rock songs!

and i agree to some poster above that Slash was just too big of a musical, press and optical/show input to let Axl go on with the name successfully on his own.

Re-Union time, baby!!
mortismurphy
« Reply #4209 on: January 24, 2015, 11:08:03 AM »

As I said, I believe The Blues could have been a big ballad for them. You are never going to outrock Slash though so forget the bluesy licks, but something like Better, a modern hard rock song, could have been about as successful as Slither was for Velvet Revolver.
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4210 on: January 24, 2015, 11:15:28 AM »

[
Nonsense, what were you "promised"??  The levels of entitlement and people distorting the truth to fit with their delusion is unfuckingbelievable, excuse my French-speaking.

Back on topic, and veering away from the whine factor, does anyone have opinions on whether new songs will be previewed in shows, like in 91, or does the immediacy factor of current technology likely preclude that from being likely?

[/quote]

What were we promised?? Perhaps an ongoing functional band??
I know there is no point using logic with people that have a pre-determined answer (E.G ever tried explaining why Noah's Ark is illogical to a religionist)....Some of us alter our views when the facts make it clear we were wrong. Others dig their feet deeper and in and stick with ideology over logic.

The fact that the masses have dropped GNR in droves isn't because of the media, Slash, record companies or some conspiracy theory. The public WANTED to love AXL....he is still a guilty pleasure to many. The ONLY reason they have dropped him is because he didn't do anything. He promised lots and delivered fuck all. He screamed round 1 and then sat on his arse in the corner refusing to turn up for round 2. That's a TKO in anyone's book.

Perhaps taking the name and making a new legacy??

Perhaps multiple albums?

Perhaps 'musical integrity'

Perhaps ongoing communication from the band

Perhaps new songs on the last leg of the tour

etc

etc

etc

And DESPITE this we still hope for the best. Yes there is cynicism but it's pretty rich to expect anything less
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 11:21:49 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
mortismurphy
« Reply #4211 on: January 24, 2015, 11:22:56 AM »

It is just Jarmo doing his propaganda thing mate. I would not worry about it. You have to understand that everything negative relating to W. Axl Rose needs to be corrected, every personal failing of Axl needs to look perfect, every poor decision of Axl needs to be explained away and excused. Axl has to look perfect.
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4212 on: January 24, 2015, 11:25:49 AM »

I'm not worried by Jarmo I'm only worried that the complete lack of open discussion and the inability to chat as fans (E.G we all agree sometimes the band has made poor choices) actually makes the band look ridiculous. I cant believe they cant see that this hush hush BS is counter productive.

I know there is no point using logic with people that have a pre-determined answer (E.G ever tried explaining why Noah's Ark is illogical to a religionist)....Some of us alter our views when the facts make it clear we were wrong. Others dig their feet deeper and in and stick with ideology over logic.

The fact that the masses have dropped GNR in droves isn't because of the media, Slash, record companies or some conspiracy theory. The public WANTED to love AXL....he is still a guilty pleasure to many. The ONLY reason they have dropped him is because he didn't do anything. He promised lots and delivered fuck all. He screamed round 1 and then sat on his arse in the corner refusing to turn up for round 2. That's a TKO in anyone's book.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4213 on: January 24, 2015, 11:47:49 AM »

Let me get this straight. The reason for your bitterness is because your poor egos got bruised because you "defended" GN'R to your friends and then it turned out they were right? Right about what?

Regarding functional band. Well, the irony of that is that some of you spent quite some time complaining about the pointless touring. Functional bands tour. That's one of the basic things bands do.

So don't give us that crap. You don't want functional. You want an album. Because in your minds that's functional. Yet again, I'm telling you, that's not gonna change a single thing. You won't like this band more even if they put out ten albums. Who are you trying to fool?

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #4214 on: January 24, 2015, 11:48:05 AM »

E.G we all agree sometimes the band has made poor choices

I am not sure some agree with that here!!

But yes, I agree with the rest of your post. I actually think there was a fair amount of goodwill to Axl, around Rio 3.There was a lot of excitement about his new music he said he was releasing - the 'trilogy'. Oh My God turned some heads and then there was Rio 3 and the live leaks and most people were on his side at that point.
mortismurphy
« Reply #4215 on: January 24, 2015, 11:54:16 AM »

Jarmo knows how you are going to react when Axl releases an album!

Guy's a time travelling mind reader!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4216 on: January 24, 2015, 11:57:56 AM »

The same shit was going on in 2002, 2006, 2010 and every year. Some people always found something wrong with the band. Maybe the people change, maybe not. But the same shit goes on year after year.
Same fucking complaints. Nothing you guys say hasn't been said already, either by yourselves or somebody else.

Then at some point, some of these people start looking back at the "good old days". Which is ironic considering how much they were shitting on it at the time.

Where did the goodwill come from? From mostly the same people where it's coming from today, yesterday, last week, last year and last decades. Yet, here you are attacking these same people.

Jarmo knows how you are going to react when Axl releases an album!

Guy's a time travelling mind reader!

Hey, if all fails, try to ridicule the post.
That'll work for you.

Look back and think, if you really think one album is gonna change everything, I got a bridge to sell you.  ok

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4217 on: January 24, 2015, 12:07:08 PM »

there is no Jungle, SCOM, PC etc. to be found on there.

It's ironic that they released Welcome To The Jungle three times before the public took notice.

I think it's time to look at what Axl said last year, it might have been overlooked by some:

We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out. We've worked more on some of those things and we've written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That's already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese. That's been done for a while, too.

Keywords: New things. Do you think it would mean after Dj joined? Considering he joined in 2009, there's not really a big window for those new songs to have been done after CD was out but before he joined....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 12:14:22 PM by jarmo » Logged

dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #4218 on: January 24, 2015, 12:39:25 PM »

Why don't they play If The World, possibly one they haven't played for years but will play the other songs from CD? Most of the other songs are played at each concert but this song is overlooked. I know in Japan Dec 2009 Axl ridiculed the song somewhat on stage in a joking manner but it's a shame it's left on the backburner all the time.
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #4219 on: January 24, 2015, 01:36:50 PM »

He said it's the bands version of a bad James Bond Song or something like that.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: