Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:25:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681071 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4180 on: January 23, 2015, 02:59:19 PM »

I understand where you're coming from, and your feelings are completely valid.  I guess we have a different idea of what "fun" discussion is.  I was having fun talking to D-X and Ginger about the pros and cons regarding the likelihood of a 2015 release.  Since we all know the bands history, there were fighters in bother corners of that conversation.  I don't think anyone felt like they were being "negative" as we were chatting, just sharing what our thoughts were.  Saying that we secretly hope our favorite band *doesn't* release an album just kind of striked me as being a bit outlandish.  Crazy was perhaps not the correct word.  Smiley

Good luck.  I tell him this all the time.  Maybe he'll listen to you.

So many conversations hum along here without a bother and no drama or incivility.  Then comes his lecture, and we get derailed for 2 pages justifying our fandom.

Frustrating.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4181 on: January 23, 2015, 03:04:09 PM »

Maybe something less obvious would be better....

Best of both words so to speak.

/jarmo

Yeah, like I said, there's pros to both sides of it.  Either way, I just think that the fact that the tracks on the next album were written while the band was in the same head-space they were in when they wrote Better, TWAT, IRS etc is so fucking exciting to me.

I'm 29 now and have been following the Chinese Democracy saga since I was a Freshman in high school in 2000.  Getting the second half of that album is like Indiana Jones grabbing that gold head at the beginning of Raiders.  hihi
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4182 on: January 23, 2015, 03:06:06 PM »

You have fans who openly say that this band isn't Guns N' Roses, but they call themselves big fans. Which I assume means they actually like something the band has done at some point. But imagine a person who has no emotional connection to the band. They just know it as "Axl's band that isn't GN'R". That's where they start. That's like running 100 meters, but your lane has hurdles on it.

I'll just speak for your hypothetical fan in this example, because...well, I just think I can speak for him.

But not before I point out : YOU BROUGHT UP THE NAME ISSUE.  You did.  No one else.  Let's be very clear on this before we continue.

I think the hypothetical fan in your example was a monster fan of the classic line-up.  He remains enough of an Axl Rose fan that he's willing to accept a totally new line-up and totally new sound performed under the Guns N' Roses banner.  However, he sees them as Guns N' Roses in name only.  And if introducing the band to someone who had never heard them, he's starting with AFD and not CD.

That's probably what this hypothetical fan would say.  I'm guessing.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #4183 on: January 23, 2015, 03:45:04 PM »

I understand the reservations about titling the next release 'Chinese Democracy II' and also see many positives.

Perhaps it might be an idea for Chinese Democracy to be released as Axl himself saw it: as a double.

What if a new album was released as a double disc, with Cd part 1 the disc we have and its intended artwork, and the second disc the 'next' album with its own booklet - but packaged together.

Seems like a nice idea to me. The fans get the music they would love, and Axl gets his masterpiece released with proper artwork, etc.

It also might result in the world viewing Chinese Democracy in a whole new light, and perhaps give it the acclaim that it deserves.

Of course getting the label to agree to this is a whole other issue!

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4184 on: January 23, 2015, 03:50:48 PM »

I understand the reservations about titling the next release 'Chinese Democracy II' and also see many positives.

Perhaps it might be an idea for Chinese Democracy to be released as Axl himself saw it: as a double.

What if a new album was released as a double disc, with Cd part 1 the disc we have and its intended artwork, and the second disc the 'next' album with its own booklet - but packaged together.

Seems like a nice idea to me. The fans get the music they would love, and Axl gets his masterpiece released with proper artwork, etc.

It also might result in the world viewing Chinese Democracy in a whole new light, and perhaps give it the acclaim that it deserves.

Of course getting the label to agree to this is a whole other issue!

No one would agree to that.

They would pay to re-issue a album that anyone that was at all interested already has?

And we are going to repurchase an album we all already have.  For what?  Some snazzy artwork?

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #4185 on: January 23, 2015, 04:02:34 PM »

^^ I would buy it! Better yet, put the CD remix in there instead of CD and maybe a code to dl the original CD for free. That would be sweet. I know that's aiming a little high though.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4186 on: January 23, 2015, 04:06:03 PM »

A new album with a remix bonus disc makes more sense than a new album and another copy of an album anyone buying this would have already had for 7 years.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4187 on: January 23, 2015, 04:06:19 PM »

^^ I would buy it! Better yet, put the CD remix in there instead of CD and maybe a code to dl the original CD for free. That would be sweet. I know that's aiming a little high though.

Maybe i'm in the minority... but I don't care about the packaging too much, the remix album or anything else...

give me 12 "new" songs that have never been released or performed or anything... the bells and whistles are just not important at this point

and start to build the catalog for GNR post Illusions.....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #4188 on: January 23, 2015, 04:09:45 PM »

^^ For me the remix and the new album are just about equally desirable at this point. If I had to choose I'd pick the new songs but I'd really hate to have to choose. It would be like choosing a big butt over big boobs.

There seems to be a lot of people here today. Hi everyone!

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4189 on: January 23, 2015, 04:42:03 PM »

But not before I point out : YOU BROUGHT UP THE NAME ISSUE.  You did.  No one else.  Let's be very clear on this before we continue.

It was brought up to show the uphill battle the band faces with certain fans, and the media. Only that. When a review has to point out that this isn't the old band, you know that most often it's not completely "objective". No, the Stones of 2015 aren't the same band they were in 1975. Does most reviews still focus on that? I hope not.

I wish the focus was more on what you have than what you haven't got.
That's all.

Yeah, like I said, there's pros to both sides of it.  Either way, I just think that the fact that the tracks on the next album were written while the band was in the same head-space they were in when they wrote Better, TWAT, IRS etc is so fucking exciting to me.

Yes, it's exciting. But I don't think the era is what makes it exciting. I think its the fact that it's GN'R... Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #4190 on: January 23, 2015, 04:56:54 PM »

It was brought up to show the uphill battle the band faces with certain fans, and the media. Only that. When a review has to point out that this isn't the old band, you know that most often it's not completely "objective". No, the Stones of 2015 aren't the same band they were in 1975. Does most reviews still focus on that? I hope not.

I wish the focus was more on what you have than what you haven't got.
That's all.

Yes, it's exciting. But I don't think the era is what makes it exciting. I think its the fact that it's GN'R... Smiley

/jarmo

Jarmo,

But isn't a lot of that Axl's fault? He never really went out of his way to promote any of the new lineups. Maybe that would have helped in the eyes of the fans. The media is always going to find something wrong in everything. It's what they do. Ask most people who they associate in GNR and they will say the old lineup. I'm sure most people know Ron Wood over Mick Taylor in the Stones.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4191 on: January 23, 2015, 06:17:14 PM »

Why do people keep saying that? He never "went out of his way to promote the current line up"? It seems like yet another misleading complaint.

Everybody was introduced at the shows, there was a concert movie featuring the whole band, there were photos, there were interviews where he talked about the band. Articles mentioned the band.
The only thing they didn't have was a music video. But that might have not even featured the band if they had made one.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #4192 on: January 23, 2015, 09:26:45 PM »

Why do people keep saying that? He never "went out of his way to promote the current line up"? It seems like yet another misleading complaint.

Everybody was introduced at the shows, there was a concert movie featuring the whole band, there were photos, there were interviews where he talked about the band. Articles mentioned the band.
The only thing they didn't have was a music video. But that might have not even featured the band if they had made one.

/jarmo

Don't you think that even little things like releasing a few posters of the current lineup could help in better promoting them as a tight-knit cohesive group? I posted a picture of my Gn'R shrine a few pages back and someone responded with: "Nice shrine for the old band." That wasn't my intention at all when I made my shrine as I love all lineups of Guns' past and present. I'd love to add posters of the current lineup to my shrine but I can't as no such merchandise has ever been made available.

We actually didn't even have a single promotional shot of any post-UYI lineup until the 2012 Vegas residency, and the comments about that shot were overwhelmingly positive with many fans wanting a poster copy. Why not print them, make the fans happy, and make some cash at the same time?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 09:30:26 PM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #4193 on: January 23, 2015, 10:47:07 PM »

/jarmo

Exactly, band members also had their solo spots at shows.

Some people are under the delusion that if it wasn't done the way they want things done, then it wasnt done at all.

Ridiculous.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4194 on: January 23, 2015, 10:51:08 PM »

I woukd love to hear the songs titles Down By The Ocean, The General or Soul Monster....

I personally think There Was A Time is the best GNR song ever, so when Axl said more of the same, it was perfectly fine with me.

My only request would be TWAT should be a regular  beer

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4195 on: January 24, 2015, 03:27:40 AM »

The support is astounding! So much positivity!

Repeating the same biased negativity over and over again.
Chinese Democracy failed blah blah blah. Certified platinum "failure".  Roll Eyes

Let's hope the album doesn't come out in 2015, so you guys can be right! Isn't that what we're all hoping for here? So you can post on December 31st, I told you so! I was right!
Isn't that your secret dream?  Tongue

I don't think he sees DJ, Ron, and Frank the same way.  Hence, the total inactivity in the studio and his declining live performances.

What does this mean? The last shows in Las Vegas last year were among the best the band played since Dj joined.

I suggest some of you read the interviews Axl has done instead of guessing and thinking too much. Smiley

/jarmo

I really like the work you do here

I love you're passion for gnr

You are great to have a conversation

But I will give you crap.   Just like I do to everyone else that is wrong.  Cause I am always right. Lol

Listen.

Don't ever think I am not supporting this band.   I just got done playing guns n roses in rock in rio  from over 10 years ago  to myself and two 60 year old men.   My dad then turns to me and says.   This guy with a bucket on his head can sure play a mean guitar     I told him. Dad.  That guy wrote a huge amount of material on that last gnr album I bought you back in 2008.   He says.   Really?   That's pretty cool.    Then I say.   Guess what  he hasn't been in the band for at least 10 years now.  Dad says   Go figure.   

I tell you.

To get fans.   Fans that are there.  That don't even know they want to still be fans.  You have a steady line up of guitar players       I want to bond with the band.   My dad wants a to bond.  And the worthless bums out also want to bond

In Mexico.  Watched gnr.   Dad can't even like a current member.

Mb I could of played a recent concert.    But no

My time.

I love that rock in rio.   And it shows gnr in.   My idea of a perfect band
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4196 on: January 24, 2015, 03:33:19 AM »

/jarmo

I think guns n roses does not promote the brand guns n roses enough

If I read/hear another interview by a member about a side junk project.   I will puke.

Where is our interviews about this band.   

Not stupid second place questions in interviews about some members stupid side project

I call them stupid side protects.   Because.   I love guns n roses

I want all the band energy into making music.   Promoting music and selling music that has to do with gnr m not some stupid side project
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4197 on: January 24, 2015, 03:53:32 AM »

To win back the unwashed masses.  Axl needs to write one hit, tour with a steady line up and promote the music

I think that's a little naive in a way. I wish it was that simple.

I think no matter what Axl does, some people will not accept it. It's very simple. They want to believe the lies and whatever image is in their heads.
Just look at the fans. No matter how much they said they needed a new album, it didn't take long until they needed something else and then something was wrong. It's always something.

You have fans who openly say that this band isn't Guns N' Roses, but they call themselves big fans. Which I assume means they actually like something the band has done at some point. But imagine a person who has no emotional connection to the band. They just know it as "Axl's band that isn't GN'R". That's where they start. That's like running 100 meters, but your lane has hurdles on it.

This is a loser's mentality.

To be clear, I am not calling you a loser.  But what you are expressing is a pity party, "woe is me" type of mindset that generates eye rolls.

No, not looking for pity. Don't care.

Just pointing out that the so called fun rock band discussion seems to often take negative turns for some. For some reason, their discussing their favorite band is a negativity filled existence.
If I dislike something to the point that I feel upset, I wouldn't call it a favorite.... Wink

Saying that we secretly hope our favorite band *doesn't* release an album just kind of striked me as being a bit outlandish.  Crazy was perhaps not the correct word.  Smiley

Yes. That part was a joke. Wasn't meant to be serious.

But sometimes you wonder if people really want an album or if they'd just rather be "right about Axl Rose"? hihi

/jarmo

You question me about the Axl has write a hit.  ......."..

Yes he does.  I am not naive.  I know it's very hard to write hit music.

It it wasn't  hard.   I would do it

If runnIng a great web site.  Wasn't hard.  I would do that

If being the bacon am drinking my face off all year making mega money wasn't hard.  You would all do.  It.

Point is.  We get it. 

Question is.   I think Axl knows how to write another mainstream huge hit song.   But like he says he doesn't want to write music like afd.   He doesn't want to be like a bum lazy band like acdc. Same songs always

But.

If he changed his mind.  The guy could write a hit in a second and sell millions.   

Thing is.   And I hope this is it.  He wants to write music he thinks is good and if it's a hit it is.

Worst case.    He doesn't want to write at all any more
mortismurphy
« Reply #4198 on: January 24, 2015, 07:05:00 AM »

In my opinion The Blues/SOD could have potentially been a hit if it was released sometime around 2001-02 and contained a music video. I have always believed that. It is the one song on that album, the only one, with that 'November Rain style' commercial appeal.

/jarmo

I think guns n roses does not promote the brand guns n roses enough

If I read/hear another interview by a member about a side junk project.   I will puke.

Where is our interviews about this band.   

Not stupid second place questions in interviews about some members stupid side project

I call them stupid side protects.   Because.   I love guns n roses

I want all the band energy into making music.   Promoting music and selling music that has to do with gnr m not some stupid side project

I think it is obvious now that new gnr were designed to be a band that co-existed with its members' various side projects. It is not like an, Appetite style, ''one for all, all for one'', ''band of brothers'' set up. New gnr is basically a vehicle for various musicians to play big shows about four-five months from a given year, while generating lots of income - a lot more money than their solo careers could potentially generate. Probably most of them however, when they originally joined, thought there would be more original material in the offing than what has actually transpired; that is why Buckethead and Finck fell away. 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 08:13:22 AM by mortismurphy » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4199 on: January 24, 2015, 08:09:11 AM »

Don't you think that even little things like releasing a few posters of the current lineup could help in better promoting them as a tight-knit cohesive group? I posted a picture of my Gn'R shrine a few pages back and someone responded with: "Nice shrine for the old band." That wasn't my intention at all when I made my shrine as I love all lineups of Guns' past and present. I'd love to add posters of the current lineup to my shrine but I can't as no such merchandise has ever been made available.

We actually didn't even have a single promotional shot of any post-UYI lineup until the 2012 Vegas residency, and the comments about that shot were overwhelmingly positive with many fans wanting a poster copy. Why not print them, make the fans happy, and make some cash at the same time?

I don't know about posters. But to be honest, I don't think selling posters is gonna make a big difference in how aware people are of the band. The majority of the people who buy the albums and concert tickets know the deal. It's not the old band. They might not be able to name each member, but that was the case back in the day as well. And is true for most bands.

Regarding writing hits. The fact still remains, the song could be amazing but it the starting point for may people will still be "this isn't the old band". It was obvious with Chinese Democracy.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: