Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:28:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681373 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4140 on: January 23, 2015, 11:39:46 AM »

The interview he gave indicated that his plan was to start looking at the next step after the last residency. That much we know.
Richard's guitar clinic Q&A gave a bit more information regarding the work that's allegedly been done.

So it seems like something's been going on without us knowing.

Therefore I don't think it's all doom and gloom. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4141 on: January 23, 2015, 11:51:26 AM »

The interview he gave indicated that his plan was to start looking at the next step after the last residency. That much we know.
Richard's guitar clinic Q&A gave a bit more information regarding the work that's allegedly been done.

Hell no, its not. 

This is as optimistic as things have looked in years.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4142 on: January 23, 2015, 11:53:44 AM »

Hell no, its not. 

This is as optimistic as things have looked in years.

Agreed, I stated previously that this is the closest we've been to the next album post-2008.  I'm just not ready to cash all my chips in on 2015 until we hear something more official.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #4143 on: January 23, 2015, 12:08:50 PM »

So 2015 is out of the question already? January 23rd.

/jarmo

Since the album is "already recorded", I'm not ready to rule out 2015.

It just seems that things are (intentionally?) structured in such a way that, if it doesn't happen, the band/management can say  "we never told you it was coming out, so why did you get your hopes up?" 

I hope that's not the case, and will remain optimistic (and positive).  There has been a lot of good activity and momentum from the band in 2014 (BBF notwithstanding) and it makes sense to strike while the iron is hot...but can you blame a ginger for being skeptical?
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4144 on: January 23, 2015, 12:11:54 PM »

It just seems that things are (intentionally?) structured in such a way that, if it doesn't happen, the band/management can say  "we never told you it was coming out, so why did you get your hopes up?" 

Ding! Ding! Ding!

My hope is that this album just drops on itunes, followed shortly thereafter by a physical release.  No bullshit press releases, or "it is this year" comments.  Just the epic music speaking for itself. 

Picture it: The infamous Axl Rose, who never puts out music, drops an album out of nowhere.  How does that not get traction in the media/music world?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 12:21:58 PM by sofine11 » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4145 on: January 23, 2015, 12:40:31 PM »

Of course they know better than to promise anything.
We just had somebody point out the comment Axl made in 2008 about hoping to release the next album in 2009.

Chinese Democracy was pretty much done in 2007 and then they started dealing with the record company....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #4146 on: January 23, 2015, 01:10:03 PM »

Ding! Ding! Ding!

My hope is that this album just drops on itunes, followed shortly thereafter by a physical release.  No bullshit press releases, or "it is this year" comments.  Just the epic music speaking for itself. 

Picture it: The infamous Axl Rose, who never puts out music, drops an album out of nowhere.  How does that not get traction in the media/music world?

What a great post and pretty much sums up the dreams of gnr fans

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
mortismurphy
« Reply #4147 on: January 23, 2015, 01:19:16 PM »

2016 is probably more realistic.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4148 on: January 23, 2015, 01:21:15 PM »

Perhaps.

But that would mean you spent much of this year getting it all together.

If they are still saying in 2016 "we're still taking a look at it", we might as well all cash out.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #4149 on: January 23, 2015, 01:24:04 PM »

2016....2015...2021........I love when people throw out a random year.  hihi   rofl

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #4150 on: January 23, 2015, 01:25:22 PM »

and D Gen, you should have cashed out during the CD fiasco....that way anything in the future is just gravy.

mortismurphy
« Reply #4151 on: January 23, 2015, 01:30:15 PM »

Perhaps.

If they are still saying in 2016 "we're still taking a look at it", we might as well all cash out.

You have to remember, they have been ''taking a look'' for the last four years.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4152 on: January 23, 2015, 01:32:17 PM »

Perhaps.

I actually don't believe that.  Which, makes this rather easier to swallow.

The way I see it, don't you have to think that way?  If they have seriously been hard at work putting all this together all this time, that's depressing and touching at least the outer boundaries of pathetic.

I think its better to think they haven't done all that much work on it the past 5 years.  I think you have to.

mortismurphy
« Reply #4153 on: January 23, 2015, 01:35:42 PM »

Perhaps.

I actually don't believe that.  Which, makes this rather easier to swallow.

The way I see it, don't you have to think that way?  If they have seriously been hard at work putting all this together all this time, that's depressing and touching at least the outer boundaries of pathetic.

I think its better to think they haven't done all that much work on it the past 5 years.  I think you have to.

But that presupposes that now, they are doing some work.

As I have said before, It is a boy who cried wolf thing.

2011: ''Yehh, we are going through tapes'' (Dizzy)
2012: ''yes, we are sorting out what music to put out''
etc.

Why should 2015 be any different?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4154 on: January 23, 2015, 01:37:16 PM »

This goes on much longer, I think its time to start wondering how much fired Axl has left for all this. 

That could well be the biggest problem here.  Lack of belief/interest in all this.

mortismurphy
« Reply #4155 on: January 23, 2015, 01:39:50 PM »

This goes on much longer, I think its time to start wondering how much fired Axl has left for all this. 

That could well be the biggest problem here.  Lack of belief/interest in all this.

My own belief is, (and I know I will be in the minority), CD wiped the guy out.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4156 on: January 23, 2015, 01:43:25 PM »

My own belief is, (and I know I will be in the minority), CD wiped the guy out.

No, that's pretty much where I am.

I take his complete lack of interest in creating anything with his current band to be a commentary on what he thinks of them.  Contrast that with how he was with Bucket, Robin, and Brain.  He was excited and ambitious.

I don't think he sees DJ, Ron, and Frank the same way.  Hence, the total inactivity in the studio and his declining live performances.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #4157 on: January 23, 2015, 01:45:38 PM »

Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel.....I don't listen to anyone in the band anymore, including Axl....you can throw quotes around dating back to 1994 concerning "album releases". They are all meaningless until there is a formal release date from the band AND label. Joint deal here....record till your hearts delight. It is meaningless to us if we can't hear it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 01:51:28 PM by sky dog » Logged

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4158 on: January 23, 2015, 01:45:55 PM »

Perhaps.

100% agree.  For whatever reason, it seems to take GNR and their label a good 1 and a half years after a product is turned in to get it out, be it Chinese Democracy or a live DVD.  Chinese was done recording in early 2007.  Appetite for Democracy was done long before it was released. Assuming the album gets turned over sometime this spring, 2016 might not be all that far fetched, using history is an indicator.  

I still believe 2015 is possible, but if we keep hearing "there's just so much material... figuring out what will be the next best Guns N' Roses album...starting to sift.." comments late this year or in 2016, the fucker ain't coming.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 01:56:31 PM by sofine11 » Logged
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4159 on: January 23, 2015, 01:48:51 PM »

I am sure if it was up to the other players.    Ex members and current guys.  Guns would have multiple albums out.  

That's how they will make there money.

Axl has made his already.   With money in the bank comes lack of motivation to make more.  

The question is.  If Axl was broke would we have seen more material?   I think so

I still think we will get some  new material this year.  Don't know what.  But something

Touring plans should be coming soon!    If it was a major tour.   You have to promote that shit.  

Why are they not playing rock n USA.    Concert in Vegas put on the promoters of rock in rio.  Would be perfect for guns.   They should be there!
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: