Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:33:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681988 times)
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #4080 on: January 20, 2015, 03:37:03 PM »

I would do what I did with the Radiohead item. Pay $20 bucks for it. More than what an album technically costed at the time plus it goes to supporting a band that you love.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4081 on: January 20, 2015, 04:02:46 PM »

It's true, it was Radiohead's first album after leaving their record company.

I'm not saying GN'R would do that, or are planning on doing that.
This is just a hypothetical discussion since we already had the one where I learned that many fans don't care about the packaging.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #4082 on: January 20, 2015, 04:06:48 PM »

I think I paid like $10 for In Rainbows...I would pay whatever I had to pay for an ITUNES release.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 05:21:58 PM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4083 on: January 20, 2015, 04:23:28 PM »

Just saw this in the news today... relevant to GNR, since they'll possibly be dealing with early leaks of the next album, as they did with CD.

Bj?rk Releases Album To Combat Leak, Because She's Badass

http://defamer.gawker.com/bjork-releases-album-after-leak-because-shes-badass-1680715786?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_facebook&utm_source=gawker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4084 on: January 20, 2015, 04:49:58 PM »

I'd pay for decent, high quality stuff.  As in...not the slop that iTunes feeds us.

With CD, I bought it and then ripped it in WAV format, which is 1411.  I think iTunes is still trying to push 256, right?  Or is it at least 320 now?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4085 on: January 20, 2015, 05:18:24 PM »

Considering iTunes is the standard, better to assume they wouldn't distribute WAV files.

How much would you pay for similar quality if the price would be up to you?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #4086 on: January 20, 2015, 05:26:02 PM »

Not sure if it's more interesting. Different.....

Does anybody remember when Radiohead released an album and told fans they could pay what they wanted for it? Let's say GN'R offered an album using that model, how much would you pay for high quality mp3s?

/jarmo

if GNR did that, i would pay about 25 dollars for it. I would also buy the LP/Vinyl later if they decided to release it in that format.
I would also pay about anything for concert tickets if they played here in Norway  beer

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4087 on: January 20, 2015, 05:39:42 PM »

Considering iTunes is the standard, better to assume they wouldn't distribute WAV files.

A full length CD in pristine sound?  I could be talked into more than a set price.

Meaning, I would say I would pay twice the amount of a regular CD.  But if they said it was going to be $40, I'd pony up.

But...and this is key...tracks are available for immediate download.  No way I'm pre-ordering and crossing my fingers with this crew.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #4088 on: January 21, 2015, 02:10:24 AM »

/jarmo

I would begrudge paying for a download only as I would prefer to have the physical media, printed artwork etc.

If you could pledge upfront, I would happily pay 40 pounds / 60 dollars for a decent vinyl (with download voucher for convenience).

Here today...ready to rock
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #4089 on: January 21, 2015, 05:23:18 AM »

I would pay for a download and physical release and any deluxe editions, I'd like to think a lot of other fans would too.

After all, we keep harping on about how much we want a new album, the best way we can support this is to buy the shit out of it when it arrives. Sad fact it may be, but record companies will only release what brings $$$$.

Which is why I'm glad to see that appetite for democracy sold so well; this can only be a green light for the next record

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #4090 on: January 21, 2015, 06:40:01 AM »

/jarmo

If the quality is loseless i'll pay 4 bucks max each song.

But like a fan, i'll love a limited edition. With an art booklet.

axlvai
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #4091 on: January 21, 2015, 07:40:30 AM »

i wont buy anything lesser quality than 16bit//44.1khz CD standard audio. so, nope, i wont buy any studio MP3s, period!
FLACs, even 24bit FLACs or Blu-Ray Audio with more high resolution = yes, but nothing lossy, never!

we do have 2015 and still have to mess with lossy audio being inferior quality than Audio CD standards from early 1980s!!!
take a look on video quality upgrades over the years (vhs -> dvd -> Blu-Ray -> 4k)....music quality also should finally IMPROVE!
it would be a good sign to just offer FLACs! or if so....to offer physical CDs (nothing can beat that for collectors), FLAC and other lossless downloads (little more expensive) and MP3 downloads (little cheaper) seperately - just like Metallica is doing with their live shows for years and years already, check here:

MP3  = 9,95 $
FLAC = 12,95 $
ALAC = 12,95 $
ALAC HD = 17,95 $
FLAC HD = 17,95 $
CD = 19,81 $

source:
http://www.livemetallica.com/live-music/0,495/Metallica-mp3-flac-download-8-9-2014-HEAVY-MONTREAL-at-Parc-Jean-Drapeau-Montreal-QC.html

Re-Union time, baby!!
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #4092 on: January 21, 2015, 09:44:47 AM »

/jarmo

I wouldn't pay anything anymore for any download. Ever since I started using Spotify, and pay a monthly fee for that, I have no desire to buy a CD/downloads anymore since I don't even own a device that can play it (CD's that is). I will not pay for iTunes downloads cause the quality is not that great, and I don't want to support Apple in any way (they take 20% per purchase on iTunes).

However, I would definitely purchase the album on VINYL. So I play it digitally on Spotify, and then I'd buy the VINYL to play it in my living room in high quality.

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4093 on: January 21, 2015, 10:48:00 AM »

This hypothetical discussion is about GN'R doing what Radiohead did and offering the album on their site. Not through iTunes.

So you could choose how much you want to pay for mp3 files of the album.

The music business being what it is, there's so many possibilities on how to release music.
We can have these hypothetical discussions, but it doesn't mean Interscope is gonna go down any of the paths discussed here.

But I find these discussions more interesting than yet another setlist discussion.  hihi

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4094 on: January 21, 2015, 10:55:15 AM »

GNR doesn't exactly have a sterling reputation with their web presence though.

They would need to re-establish that a bit before undertaking this sort of effort.

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #4095 on: January 21, 2015, 11:03:55 AM »

For a new album, I would happily drop ?100.

Shit, I'd pay more than that if it meant getting it out that bit sooner!!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 11:08:12 AM by Stardust » Logged

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4096 on: January 21, 2015, 11:57:43 AM »

GNR doesn't exactly have a sterling reputation with their web presence though.

They would need to re-establish that a bit before undertaking this sort of effort.

This is hypothetical discussion about how much you'd be willing to pay for a digital download of a new GN'R album if one was sold though their own web site instead of regular digital outlets.
It's not about what you think is wrong.

So if you could buy the album digitally before it was out on physical formats, how much would you pay?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 12:32:47 PM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4097 on: January 21, 2015, 12:33:32 PM »

This is hypothetical discussion about how much you'd be willing to pay for a digital download of a new GN'R album if one was sold though their own web site instead of regular digital outlets.
It's not about what you think is wrong.

So if you could buy the album digitally before it was out on physical formats, how much would you pay?

Asked and answered.  Look up.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4098 on: January 21, 2015, 12:35:04 PM »

I know, just making sure the discussion doesn't steer away from the actual question.

i wont buy anything lesser quality than 16bit//44.1khz CD standard audio. so, nope, i wont buy any studio MP3s, period!

So you wouldn't pay a single cent to have a new GN'R album as mp3s before it was out on CD, vinyl and whatever other format(s)?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4099 on: January 21, 2015, 12:37:03 PM »

Honestly, I could be talked in to most anything, price wise.

Anything within reason.  Not like, $500 or anything.  But most people would likely balk at $50, but I could probably justify it in my head.

Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: