Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 10:26:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228557 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1682965 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3900 on: January 12, 2015, 02:36:07 PM »

Jarmo, which unheard Chi Dem era tracks are you looking forward to hearing for the first time, possibly on the forthcoming album?

My top 3 are The General, Seven & Soul Monster.  The General because it sounds like a sweeping epic, ala Estranged & NR.  Seven, because Marco Beltrami said it was his favorite out of the tracks he worked on (and he worked on a lot).  Soul Monster because of Axl's in depth description regarding how mean it is during his chats.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3901 on: January 12, 2015, 02:52:35 PM »

I'm not jarmo (though I've been accused of being him, in the past), but:

DEFINITELY the General and Seven.

Edit: Haven't we heard "pieces" of the General? Isn't that the one that was alluded to have had pieces of it in the "pre-show" intro music? Or was that a different song and I'm mixing things up?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3902 on: January 12, 2015, 02:56:19 PM »

I'm not jarmo (though I've been accused of being him, in the past), but:

DEFINITELY the General and Seven.

Edit: Haven't we heard "pieces" of the General? Isn't that the one that was alluded to have had pieces of it in the "pre-show" intro music? Or was that a different song and I'm mixing things up?

We've heard instrumental takes from it during show intros, but it's an orchestral mix, not the song itself.  I'm chomping at the bit for that one...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3903 on: January 12, 2015, 04:03:57 PM »

Going by the info we have (check first page of the thread, and please contribute if something is missing) I'm quite interested to hear The General, Soul Monster, Seven and Atlas Shrugged.

Pretty much because these are the songs we have the most info about. It's hard to get excited about a new song just based on the title of the track.

Zodiac could be something interesting, industrial. Berlin is an old song, I wonder if it's a ballad or a rocker.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3904 on: January 12, 2015, 04:39:10 PM »

Going by the info we have (check first page of the thread, and please contribute if something is missing) I'm quite interested to hear The General, Soul Monster, Seven and Atlas Shrugged.

Pretty much because these are the songs we have the most info about. It's hard to get excited about a new song just based on the title of the track.

Zodiac could be something interesting, industrial. Berlin is an old song, I wonder if it's a ballad or a rocker.

Atlas Shrugged is another one I'm utterly curious about.  The bits we've heard about it make it seem like it's along the lines of Catcher as far as style goes.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3905 on: January 12, 2015, 04:39:17 PM »

Certainly agree with the second point here.

As for having info, I'm just reminded of 'Prostitute'.  We heard a lot about that one too, ("fire and ice", etc.)  Yet people heard it and said...that's it?  In fact, we seemed to do a few weeks after the leak battling to the death if the song even WAS 'Prostitute'.  People were claiming that they could not understand him saying the title (Huh) but part of that was also based on people not feeling the track lived up to its pre-release description.

End of the day, at least to me, they are all just names on a screen until I hear them.  Frankly, I just hope for something with a proper chorus or a god damn hook.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3906 on: January 12, 2015, 04:43:38 PM »

Certainly agree with the second point here.

As for having info, I'm just reminded of 'Prostitute'.  We heard a lot about that one too, ("fire and ice", etc.)  Yet people heard it and said...that's it?  In fact, we seemed to do a few weeks after the leak battling to the death if the song even WAS 'Prostitute'.  People were claiming that they could not understand him saying the title (Huh) but part of that was also based on people not feeling the track lived up to its pre-release description.

End of the day, at least to me, they are all just names on a screen until I hear them.  Frankly, I just hope for something with a proper chorus or a god damn hook.

Yeah, I think a lot of people had an idea in their heads regarding what a GNR song named "Prostitute" would sound like.  I know the last thing I thought it would turn out to be is a sweeping ballad, where Axl refers to himself as the namesake.  I love that song, and find the lyrics incredibly moving, but I was shocked when I heard it as well, in a good way.  Anyone who's disappointed because they had a different idea of what the song should be based on a title have only themselves to blame, really.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3907 on: January 12, 2015, 05:13:39 PM »

This is why I never want to hear a leak again, or even necessarily hear people talking about what a song sounds like.  I'd rather listen to it for the first time on an album and judge for myself. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3908 on: January 12, 2015, 05:18:28 PM »

This is why I never want to hear a leak again, or even necessarily hear people talking about what a song sounds like.  I'd rather listen to it for the first time on an album and judge for myself. 

Agreed, big time.  80% of Chinese Democracy leaked in the two years leading up to the release.  Only TIL, Sorry & Scraped made it to the finish line without leaking.  Out of 14 tracks. 

The best thing the follow-up has going for it is that nothing, other than a demo of Going Down, have leaked.  The idea of 12-14 unheard tracks being dropped at the same time is beyond exciting.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3909 on: January 12, 2015, 05:37:34 PM »

Jarmo, which unheard Chi Dem era tracks are you looking forward to hearing for the first time, possibly on the forthcoming album?

Based on song titles?
I really don't know.
I know are supposed to have orchestration like several CD songs. But then again, there's probably something on there that we didn't expect....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #3910 on: January 12, 2015, 05:42:29 PM »

Man I am so hoping its this year.

You know, my life doesn't depend on it, but Guns music definitely makes my life better

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3911 on: January 12, 2015, 06:10:25 PM »

Based on song titles?
I really don't know.
I know are supposed to have orchestration like several CD songs. But then again, there's probably something on there that we didn't expect....

/jarmo

I was shocked when This I Love ended up on the tracklist for Chinese.  The only bits we heard about it were from that one interview from 1993 when Axl said he wrote it in Paris   We never heard an inkling that the Chinese lineup were working on it, then BAM!, it's on the album. 

We know Axl has several unreleased songs going back, some that even have Izzy's mark on them from when he came in to help Duff write in the mid 90s.  They've done such a good job keeping all the tracks for the next album locked down, up until now.  Who knows what'll end up on the final tracklist?
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #3912 on: January 12, 2015, 07:52:06 PM »

All those song titles sound so cool!

Anyone know where "Legend of the Red Panda" came from? I've heard it mentioned a few times, but not sure what the story is on it. If that was a possible name for the album though, then maybe there could also be a title track on the album with the same name. That would be interesting, to see what a song like that could possibly sound like and be about. It would be neat to see Guns do a song that was reminiscent of old fashioned Chinese music in one way or another.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3913 on: January 12, 2015, 08:21:28 PM »

'Legend Of The Red Panda' was rumored to be the next album title.

But that's a rumor going back a few years.  It might have been during one of MSL's bits of performance art where we heard.  I can't recall.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #3914 on: January 12, 2015, 08:29:47 PM »

Personally I'd love to heard the full version of Checkmate finally  rofl rofl rofl

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3915 on: January 12, 2015, 08:39:50 PM »

Personally I'd love to heard the full version of Checkmate finally  rofl rofl rofl

Whatever the real title ends up being for that track, that chorus is mean.  yes
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3916 on: January 12, 2015, 08:52:17 PM »

Its weird how much the greatest hits album sold so well just a couple years prior too the release of CD, with zero marketing at all

And not only sold well, but in the united  states completly destroyed sales compared to CD

I have read where sales of the greatest hits are 5 million in the united states and CD is under 700 grand

So when one argues marketing is the reason CD didnt sell the millions people thought it aould sell in the states.   I cant totally agree with that

It is just one big piece to the puzzle

And back to the fumors about the next release is true

I cant wait to hear some more of Bucketheads work!!!!

Baconman, far from weird. Think about reasons why the Greatest Hit album did much better than CD.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3917 on: January 12, 2015, 09:40:02 PM »

Its weird how much the greatest hits album sold so well just a couple years prior too the release of CD, with zero marketing at all

And not only sold well, but in the united  states completly destroyed sales compared to CD

I have read where sales of the greatest hits are 5 million in the united states and CD is under 700 grand

So when one argues marketing is the reason CD didnt sell the millions people thought it aould sell in the states.   I cant totally agree with that

It is just one big piece to the puzzle

And back to the fumors about the next release is true

I cant wait to hear some more of Bucketheads work!!!!

Baconman, far from weird. Think about reasons why the Greatest Hit album did much better than CD.

I actually think the cover of the greatest hits album looks pretty cool. Mb people bought is for that reason?

I still don't get how it sold so much

The band had 5 albums at the time.    For the price of what the greatest hits albums cost, you could probably buy all 5 albums!  Give or take 10 bux.    But put a shiny package out for the unwashed masses and people will buy anything

Hell I own a copy of it! 
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3918 on: January 12, 2015, 09:52:36 PM »

I still don't get how it sold so much

The band had 5 albums at the time.    For the price of what the greatest hits albums cost, you could probably buy all 5 albums!  Give or take 10 bux. 

The youth of the early 2000s had probably only heard of Guns N Roses through their hit songs anyway, so it was the perfect record for them to buy.

Although I think it's a consenus among 99% of the fans familiar with the whole catalog that a "Best Of" would have been the way to go with a compilation record.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3919 on: January 12, 2015, 10:00:22 PM »

Whatever the real title ends up being for that track, that chorus is mean.  yes

It certainly got some catchyness and flow to it. Sounds good.

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: