Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 04:24:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1682787 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #3780 on: January 09, 2015, 02:41:11 PM »

Next album is imminent I think.

but you are right... even if the next album is the greatest record of all time, it's not going to change how I think about the name or Axl not showing up in Vancouver on time or anything else that I wish went down differently.

Say hello to rock'nroll? Tongue

How about beating up some security-hitlers? headbanger

PS
I still got the ticket from the cancelled euro-tour Grin

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3781 on: January 09, 2015, 02:44:05 PM »

You are right about one thing.... a new album will not make anybody forget whatever grievances they have with the past... one does not cancel out the other. No matter how much I like the next record... no it still wont be Guns N Roses record to ME, it's subjective (we had this discussion a couple months ago, on what subjective is). That's just how I feel. Im sorry that offends some people.

But what are we all still doing here? We want to hear new music...because we all love Axl as an entertainer,  if new music was off the table... we wouldn't be here...would that be better? I liked Chinese Democracy... and I'm sure I will like the next.

I feel like that should be enough... but you are right... even if the next album is the greatest record of all time, it's not going to change how I think about the name or Axl not showing up in Vancouver on time or anything else that I wish went down differently.

Great post.  Onboard with all that.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #3782 on: January 09, 2015, 02:45:15 PM »

I think Axl should do it as dan mccafferty, don't stop until the health says no.

Hopefully, he is not done yet with doing stuff. peace

PS

Yes, wanted the ticket more than a refund. Embarrassed
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 02:51:55 PM by norway » Logged

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3783 on: January 09, 2015, 03:07:14 PM »

Next album is imminent I think.

but you are right... even if the next album is the greatest record of all time, it's not going to change how I think about the name or Axl not showing up in Vancouver on time or anything else that I wish went down differently.

Say hello to rock'nroll? Tongue

How about beating up some security-hitlers? headbanger

PS

I also think they are definitely PLANNING on getting this out soon... as we all know things can change... but I'm optimistic that by the end of 2015 we will be real close. Hopefully some shows or info about who will actually perform with Axl will come sooner than that to tide us over a little bit.

I'm not gonna lie. I really hope Duff becomes the full time bassist.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #3784 on: January 09, 2015, 03:16:02 PM »

I also think they are definitely PLANNING on getting this out soon...

How will that album sound tho?

Electronic? No more buckethead? Voice-acrobatics?

I'm not gonna lie. I really hope Duff becomes the full time bassist.

Still loving u  Tongue

Duff rocks, but Tommy is the punk-vibe that gnr needs imo.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3785 on: January 09, 2015, 03:20:12 PM »

Even if its not in our hands by 2015, I have to suspect we will know by year's end if its in motion.

And as for whether a new album would make everything right with the world, I'd say yes and no.  

No, in the sense that JAEBALL said that a new album doesn't automatically make you reverse your thinking on something that went down that you felt was fucked up.  There is no connection there.

But yes, in the sense...who will care at that particular moment?  We "whine" and "harp on" things now because we have nothing to talk about.  The very second there is a new album, that's the focus of every thread.  You can't seriously think that once a new album comes we are going to talk about iffy vocals from some 2012 show, or the Vancouver riot.  At that moment, no one will give a shit about any of that.  Not that they forget it, or even changed their minds, but it will be way in the background.

In a lot of ways, its the easily offended and the grand protectors of Axl's feelings that should be rooting harder than anyone for a new album.  It would shut down all that treason and sedition talk that they find to be so anti-fan.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Poops Magee
Headliner

« Reply #3786 on: January 09, 2015, 03:40:14 PM »

Now there's music from the "vault" I would like to hear! If Duff and Izzy got with Axl and dusted off some tunes from any of the eras they were together that would be the mother-lode of all gold mines. I mean, unless Slash was in and they brought some of his old riffs too... Smiley For that I would suspend all of my criteria for how albums and bands go.

But for me, I just don't see how you can put out an album with music and performances by people who are not in the band and not marginalize the guys in the current incarnation. And how does that press release read? What do interviews about the album look like? It's like sister-wives or something. Everyone says they're cool with it, but we all suspect they'd rather have a family of their own. Or put another way, move on from your Ex. Nobody wants to hear about how he/she was a Pilates instructor and helped the homeless at X-mas. You're with me now and I like beer...

The fact of the matter is that it is a major bummer when bands break up because that material dies with the group. It's why we debate who can play what tunes or call the band by what name. Disclaimer: I am a super-fan and will buy anything that bears the name GN'R. But the priority level should always be, in my opinion, work on material with the guys you share a tour bus with and then find a way to drop the old material. With the way music goes today it should not really be that hard: write and record (and release!) an album, then release the old stuff to Itunes as you please. If some of those are big sellers, put 'em in the lineup and let it grow organically. Outside forces working against all this not withstanding...

Inland Invasion 09/23/06
Gibson Amphitheater 12/20/06
T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, 2nd show, 04/09/16
Qualcomm Stadium, 8/22/16
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #3787 on: January 09, 2015, 03:54:26 PM »

Now there's music from the "vault" I would like to hear! If Duff and Izzy got with Axl and dusted off some tunes from any of the eras they were together that would be the mother-lode of all gold mines. I mean, unless Slash was in and they brought some of his old riffs too... Smiley For that I would suspend all of my criteria for how albums and bands go.

But for me, I just don't see how you can put out an album with music and performances by people who are not in the band and not marginalize the guys in the current incarnation. And how does that press release read? What do interviews about the album look like? It's like sister-wives or something. Everyone says they're cool with it, but we all suspect they'd rather have a family of their own. Or put another way, move on from your Ex. Nobody wants to hear about how he/she was a Pilates instructor and helped the homeless at X-mas. You're with me now and I like beer...

The fact of the matter is that it is a major bummer when bands break up because that material dies with the group. It's why we debate who can play what tunes or call the band by what name. Disclaimer: I am a super-fan and will buy anything that bears the name GN'R. But the priority level should always be, in my opinion, work on material with the guys you share a tour bus with and then find a way to drop the old material. With the way music goes today it should not really be that hard: write and record (and release!) an album, then release the old stuff to Itunes as you please. If some of those are big sellers, put 'em in the lineup and let it grow organically. Outside forces working against all this not withstanding...

I hear ya, Poops, but Axl, Dizzy, Tommy and Chris were all around back in the CD era, so I can see where they are pumped that this material may be coming out.  Granted, the guitarist and drummer (arguably important parts in creating a rock album) from the CD-era are not around, and that does kind of suck, but it?s not as if Axl is the only current member with fingerprints on this material.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #3788 on: January 09, 2015, 03:59:11 PM »

Even if its not in our hands by 2015, I have to suspect we will know by year's end if its in motion.

And as for whether a new album would make everything right with the world, I'd say yes and no.  

No, in the sense that JAEBALL said that a new album doesn't automatically make you reverse your thinking on something that went down that you felt was fucked up.  There is no connection there.

But yes, in the sense...who will care at that particular moment?  We "whine" and "harp on" things now because we have nothing to talk about.  The very second there is a new album, that's the focus of every thread.  You can't seriously think that once a new album comes we are going to talk about iffy vocals from some 2012 show, or the Vancouver riot.  At that moment, no one will give a shit about any of that.  Not that they forget it, or even changed their minds, but it will be way in the background.

In a lot of ways, its the easily offended and the grand protectors of Axl's feelings that should be rooting harder than anyone for a new album.  It would shut down all that treason and sedition talk that they find to be so anti-fan.

Exactly.  During the end of this past residency, when they sounded great, what were our (our being defined as the always negative group) comments?  They were about how good they sounded (gasp!).  And after Axl's interview came out?  OMFG, our posts were how cool it is to hear directly from the man himself!

Now, not much is really happening, so we get back to re-hashing old topics, and thinking about what's to come (based on our experiences in the past).  Let me skip to the end: If and when a new album comes out, you can bet that our posts will be how cool it is to have new music.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3789 on: January 09, 2015, 04:17:05 PM »

Whenever anything good happens, its the focus.

My god, they played YCBM as the opener one night and you'd have thought we landed on the moon, based on the reaction.

And the interview, same thing.  Go back and look at the threads around that time.  Nothing but good vibes and high hopes.

mortismurphy
« Reply #3790 on: January 09, 2015, 05:09:41 PM »

Mortismurphy and DX...

Then Jarmo tells Mortismurphy how the European 2002 tour was cancelled by management and we again get no response.  

The tour was cancelled by management? I thought the promoter pulled the plug?

I discussed this with Jarmo at some length. You must have overlooked the replies. Jarmo introduced the 2002 tour to make a rhetorical point (which is still, not completely clear to me, even now) about, me not blaming management for its cancellation. I replied that I see the blame, as resting more with Axl. There the debate stands. The whole discussion can be read above.

You've both also been reminded with facts about how Chinese was actually very successful when it came out, but yet, not reply....and then continuous posts about how it was a flop.

It was being sold for $1.99, in bargain bins a week after its release. Do you consider that a good indicator of success? I even remember somebody on one of the forums posting pictures of copies being offloaded.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3791 on: January 09, 2015, 06:22:48 PM »

I've read seen you write this same thing in what seems like a million times.  Time to get over it...  You should create a sticky note and just keep referring to it everytime you need to write this lol.

I know. I sound like a broken record.
Just can't get the fucking point in focusing on what you don't like about a band you haven't really liked in a decade or more... Just, don't, get, it....
The whole "we want GN'R to succeed" doesn't make sense considering the same people spend most of their time putting the band down.

I admit that the logic behind all this is a mystery to me. I wish I got it, I just don't. And for almost a decade now I've been trying to understand it. I could see part of it being frustration back in like 2005 when we had nothing going on. But once the band started being active in 2006 and forward, I just didn't see the reasons anymore.

I'm sure this offends some, but that's my honest opinion, I'm just speculating here and judging things by the cards some of you've dealt me.

2001! Your beloved management booked a tour and admitted to doing so. When will you listen?

It was being sold for $1.99, in bargain bins a week after its release. Do you consider that a good indicator of success? I even remember somebody on one of the forums posting pictures of copies being offloaded.

I honestly don't remember seeing it being sold at Best Buy the week after its release for $1.99. Got a source?

I do remember Best Buy selling the album for that price in 2011. YEARS after its release.

In your defense, you could convert two plus years into weeks. But not "a week after its release". So even though I tried to make it seem like you have a clue what you're talking about, I can't help you. Sorry.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 06:25:59 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3792 on: January 09, 2015, 07:05:04 PM »

Mortismurphy and DX...

Then Jarmo tells Mortismurphy how the European 2002 tour was cancelled by management and we again get no response.  

I discussed this with Jarmo at some length. You must have overlooked the replies. Jarmo introduced the 2002 tour to make a rhetorical point (which is still, not completely clear to me, even now) about, me not blaming management for its cancellation. I replied that I see the blame, as resting more with Axl. There the debate stands. The whole discussion can be read above.

You've both also been reminded with facts about how Chinese was actually very successful when it came out, but yet, not reply....and then continuous posts about how it was a flop.

Not at any if the local bb in ct, the week after release. I was in a fair number of them looking for additional vinyl copies (which went quick around here...short supply).

And since its chain wide pricing..and advertising (ie weekly sale flyer)...if someone, somewhere, found it for that price, id bet it was a pricing error/tag error...not an intentional markdown.

I did see them for that price, eventually. But it was awhile later. Maybe a year or two? It was 7.99 for the longest time, too.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 07:09:00 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3793 on: January 09, 2015, 07:08:07 PM »

I've read seen you write this same thing in what seems like a million times.  Time to get over it...  You should create a sticky note and just keep referring to it everytime you need to write this lol.

I know. I sound like a broken record.
Just can't get the fucking point in focusing on what you don't like about a band you haven't really liked in a decade or more... Just, don't, get, it....
The whole "we want GN'R to succeed" doesn't make sense considering the same people spend most of their time putting the band down.

I admit that the logic behind all this is a mystery to me. I wish I got it, I just don't. And for almost a decade now I've been trying to understand it. I could see part of it being frustration back in like 2005 when we had nothing going on. But once the band started being active in 2006 and forward, I just didn't see the reasons anymore.

I'm sure this offends some, but that's my honest opinion, I'm just speculating here and judging things by the cards some of you've dealt me.

2001! Your beloved management booked a tour and admitted to doing so. When will you listen?

I honestly don't remember seeing it being sold at Best Buy the week after its release for $1.99. Got a source?

I do remember Best Buy selling the album for that price in 2011. YEARS after its release.

In your defense, you could convert two plus years into weeks. But not "a week after its release". So even though I tried to make it seem like you have a clue what you're talking about, I can't help you. Sorry.

/jarmo

Sounds like my kind of barging sale! 
Poops Magee
Headliner

« Reply #3794 on: January 09, 2015, 07:09:12 PM »

I hear ya, Poops, but Axl, Dizzy, Tommy and Chris were all around back in the CD era, so I can see where they are pumped that this material may be coming out.  Granted, the guitarist and drummer (arguably important parts in creating a rock album) from the CD-era are not around, and that does kind of suck, but it?s not as if Axl is the only current member with fingerprints on this material.

Yeah that's true. Sometimes I forget that! It would suck to have all the stuff you worked on shelved because of new personnel. I'm just hoping that the additions of Ron and DJ produces a cache of songs closer to that gritty, blues-rock thing that grabbed me in the first place. If I never hear another industrial/electronic influenced GN'R song again I'll be fine.

Inland Invasion 09/23/06
Gibson Amphitheater 12/20/06
T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, 2nd show, 04/09/16
Qualcomm Stadium, 8/22/16
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3795 on: January 09, 2015, 08:27:53 PM »

Bach said he once confronted Axl about the lateness at a show in Nassau Stadium in 1992. The whole place is virtually rioting. The promoters are telling Skid Row to keep playing and they only have one album out. In walks Axl as if this is the most normal thing in the word. Bach goes, ''dude, where were you?'' to which Axl replies, ''I was taking a shower''.

Actually it was in June of 1991. It was my first concert ever! We didn't know what was going on since there was no announcement or anything. I actually tried to fall asleep during the Skid Row part. My buddy at the time was ticked at me.  From what I read after that, this was the concert that started the trend of Axl being late. 
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #3796 on: January 09, 2015, 10:21:58 PM »

Bach said he once confronted Axl about the lateness at a show in Nassau Stadium in 1992. The whole place is virtually rioting. The promoters are telling Skid Row to keep playing and they only have one album out. In walks Axl as if this is the most normal thing in the word. Bach goes, ''dude, where were you?'' to which Axl replies, ''I was taking a shower''.

Actually it was in June of 1991. It was my first concert ever! We didn't know what was going on since there was no announcement or anything. I actually tried to fall asleep during the Skid Row part. My buddy at the time was ticked at me.  From what I read after that, this was the concert that started the trend of Axl being late. 
Axl said in a interview with rolling stone in early 1992 that Gnr had a show in Helsinki 91 (the first one) and he went on stage without feeling mentally ready to give his best, and the show was terrible, that first show in helsinki axl went off stage mid--set during jungle, and dint come back for about 20-30 mins.
And he feels bad about the gig and hes bummed about it because he knew that he could have done a better show, and thats why since then he dosent go on stage when he dosent Feel ready.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3797 on: January 09, 2015, 10:54:56 PM »

Mortismurphy and DX...

As I recall, the $1.99 price was a couple years after release...which isn't really that uncommon, especially when the store bought so damn many copies.

Yes, I thought Chinese was a rather successful album.  Not in terms of radio play, or people talking about it everywhere you went.  But I think the amount of records it sold in a day where records just aren't really bought...and also after you could have already listened to it on myspace, pretty much indicates that it was successful.  Like I mentioned earlier, most any other band out there would take those sales.  You could follow up by saying...but this isn't any other band, it's guns n roses!  But it's not Guns N Roses of 1991.  It's a new band with new faces, and who had a very long delay between there last album.  Things are different.

So my question to you and DX is, what were/are your expectations for this version of GNR? 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3798 on: January 09, 2015, 11:38:53 PM »

So my question to you and DX is, what were/are your expectations for this version of GNR? 

Solid, consistent, arena level act here in the U.S.

The back catalog alone supports that.  I never expected Axl to ever have a big hit again.  He does, great.  But even if not, I figured he could put out albums with his new band and tour behind them.  Something like, 1/3 new band stuff and 2/3 old band stuff at first, moving closer to 50/50 at time wore on.  But be a basic touring institution and a solid player in the rock touring scene.

My expectations would be that a band of this caliber, with this catalog, with this talent, should be an arena act in every major city in the country.

mortismurphy
« Reply #3799 on: January 09, 2015, 11:42:16 PM »

But we are talking about 2002 here - at least the poster who accused me of ignoring replies was.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: