Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 02:32:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1682728 times)
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #3760 on: January 09, 2015, 01:21:14 PM »

While we're at it, let's do the pepsi challenge with that photo.  Pick 5 people (who are not forum members) and ask them what this photo is.  How many do you think would answer, Guns n Roses?

Well, you still have Axl in the middle of it.  That's a rather big giveaway.

My best guess is that the answer to "who is this?" would be "Dunno.  Is that what Axl is calling Guns N' Roses these days?"

Yeah, but with the hat, the shades, and it being in black and white (read: ginger factor is turned off) how many people would recognize him?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3761 on: January 09, 2015, 01:21:45 PM »

While we're at it, let's do the pepsi challenge with that photo.  Pick 5 people (who are not forum members) and ask them what this photo is.  How many do you think would answer, Guns n Roses?

Well, you still have Axl in the middle of it.  That's a rather big giveaway.

My best guess is that the answer to "who is this?" would be "Dunno.  Is that what Axl is calling Guns N' Roses these days?"

I'd suggest you could do the same thing with pictures of AC/DC without Angus (ie: their current group), the current incarnation of Judas Priest, or the current incarnation of Queen.....and those are just 3 examples I can think of off the top of my head....in a similar photo...and you'd get a similar answer from 5 randomly chosen people on the street.

Distill it down to "5 people who are a bit more than casual rock and roll fans", and I think your answers start to change, for all bands mentioned above (including GnR).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3762 on: January 09, 2015, 01:27:40 PM »

I'd suggest you could do the same thing with pictures of AC/DC without Angus (ie: their current group), the current incarnation of Judas Priest, or the current incarnation of Queen.....and those are just 3 examples I can think of off the top of my head....in a similar photo...and you'd get a similar answer from 5 randomly chosen people on the street.

Don't you mean Malcolm, not Angus?

And Queen, come on, the guy died.  It wasn't like he was a cancer best removed.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3763 on: January 09, 2015, 01:31:30 PM »

Don't you mean Malcolm, not Angus?

And Queen, come on, the guy died.  It wasn't like he was a cancer best removed.

Yeah, brain fart. Malcolm. Still stuck on the Walmart topic, which brought back that image of Angus shirtless (not exactly what would spur me on to buy the album..but...hey, different strokes).

I understand the whys, hows, and whatfores of the various bands mentioned.  My point is....the situation you're mentioning isn't unique to GnR...for whatever reason.  There are other bands out there, having success, who the "average man on the street" wouldn't necessarily recognize as being "who they are".

I mean..AC/DC is sporting ONE original member (Angus) right now. Right?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 01:33:01 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3764 on: January 09, 2015, 01:37:33 PM »

I mean..AC/DC is sporting ONE original member (Angus) right now. Right?

Yes, but again, the guy died.  And at this point, most people probably know Brian better than Bon anyway.

But with Slash, Duff, Izzy...these guys are very much alive.  People don't look at it the same.  That band is not together, in the eyes of many, because Axl is a loon.

We all have friends.  What was their reaction to the HOF thing?  Was the reaction you heard reflective of the "overwhelming positive response" they tried to spin in that press release?  Of did people say "what an asshole."?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3765 on: January 09, 2015, 01:38:20 PM »

First the issue is that there's no band photos. Then when that's proven wrong, the issue is that Joe Average wouldn't know all the band members?
It never stops.....

Some really want an album badly. But we know that happiness will be short lived. Soon after, or maybe soon isn't even the word here, it'll be followed by the usual: The songs are old, it's not the old band, they don't like somebody who plays on it, they don't like that somebody isn't on it, it failed, there's not enough promotion, nobody knows the band, there's not shows where they want and whatever else they'll find to comment on that's something negative.

Does anybody honestly believe that the new album will "solve" anything? Last time we got an album, the thing above poster for example seems to go on about the most about its release, is his idea that Axl didn't do enough interviews. 

This entire thread in the past few day or so has been a lot of dwelling on shit they claim to know as facts. Rarely anything positive though. And the album will take all that away?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 01:41:58 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3766 on: January 09, 2015, 01:41:35 PM »

First the issue is that there's no band photos. Then when that's proven wrong, the issue is that Joe Average wouldn't know all the band members?
It never stops.....

Oh, piss off, you whiny motherfucker.

You asked me if I was wrong and I said I was.  Go cry about something else.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3767 on: January 09, 2015, 01:43:19 PM »

This entire thread in the past few day or so has been a lot of dwelling on shit they claim to know as facts. Rarely anything positive though. And the album will take all that away?

Sure will.

If for no other reason it will stop us having to listen to you tell us how inactivity and wasted time are so awesome.  Worth it for that alone.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3768 on: January 09, 2015, 01:43:30 PM »

Yes, but again, the guy died.  And at this point, most people probably know Brian better than Bon anyway.

But with Slash, Duff, Izzy...these guys are very much alive.  People don't look at it the same.  That band is not together, in the eyes of many, because Axl is a loon.

We all have friends.  What was their reaction to the HOF thing?  Was the reaction you heard reflective of the "overwhelming positive response" they tried to spin in that press release?  Of did people say "what an asshole."?

You're trying to broaden the subject to wiggle away from what was said. Smiley

My point, responding to that original post, was that the situation wasn't unique. That's it.  You can argue the why's and wheretofores, and the general perception of how the band got there...and I'll let you have at it.

But...looking at the photo and saying "Pick 5 people, show them this photo, and see if they know who this is"....well, the assumed response here isn't unique.

Nor is "I assume that's what band xxxx looks like today", because you notice a single (or a couple) familiar faces, and nobody else.

HOW people feel when they say that might very well be different between the subjects.  I'm not clairvoyant or an Empath, so I don't know.  If you want to argue an assumption...go for it.  I'll lurk through those posts without general comment.

Together again,
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #3769 on: January 09, 2015, 01:45:43 PM »

It never stops.....

Some really want an album badly. But we know that happiness will be short lived. Soon after, or maybe soon isn't even the word here, it'll be followed by the usual: The songs are old, it's not the old band, they don't like somebody who plays on it, they don't like that somebody isn't on it, it failed, there's not enough promotion, nobody knows the band, there's not shows where they want and whatever else they'll find to comment on that's something negative.

Does anybody honestly believe that the new album will "solve" anything? Last time we got an album, the thing above poster for example seems to go on about the most about its release, is his idea that Axl didn't do enough interviews. 

/jarmo

Woah, you?re connecting two different posts to make your point.  I never said there wasn?t a band photo (in fact I think I said I have seen it before).  I did wonder how many people would be able to say that was GnR.

I know you like to lump us all in one bag of awful, but at least keep our awful thoughts separate.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3770 on: January 09, 2015, 01:46:18 PM »

You really know how to have a discussion don't you?

Consider yourself warned.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3771 on: January 09, 2015, 01:46:55 PM »

My point, responding to that original post, was that the situation wasn't unique. That's it.  You can argue the why's and wheretofores, and the general perception of how the band got there...and I'll let you have at it.

Hey, if that makes you feel better...great.

We have long established I don't get all fired the fuck up if people don't consider this Guns N' Roses.  If you do, and have to come up with ways its all OK, I'm not going to stop you.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3772 on: January 09, 2015, 01:47:00 PM »

It never stops.....

/jarmo

And when it's demonstrated that the situation above isn't unique....it becomes something else. It becomes about how people FEEL about the changes in membership between the different entities.

I agree...the morphing gets a little frustrating but worse, it gets hard to follow to perpetuate discussion.  I don't mind the tangents...they can be fun.  But the wiggling gets needlessly confusing, because it honestly smacks of someone trying to score points, rather than make a point.

You can see someone else's point and yet not completely change your mind.  I wish more people would try it...

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3773 on: January 09, 2015, 01:48:12 PM »

You really know how to have a discussion don't you?

Consider yourself warned.

You asked me to admit I was wrong, which you say I never do.  I do so, and you gloss right over it and its on to other gripes.

Isn't this what you always accuse me of doing?

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3774 on: January 09, 2015, 01:51:44 PM »

We have long established I don't get all fired the fuck up if people don't consider this Guns N' Roses.  If you do, and have to come up with ways its all OK, I'm not going to stop you.

Not at all....I don't begrudge anyone else their opinion on the band. It's theirs...they can own it.

But I will occasionally pick at a point that doesn't ring entirely true.  And the point made doesn't.  Because it was held up as some sort of unique situation, or indicator of apathy, or negativity. It's not that...and I've demonstrated, IMHO, why.

It isn't necessarily that.  You can argue that it is...have at it.  But there are examples of exactly the same thing occurring which, as you pointed out actually, are similar but NOT necessarily negative or apathetic.  I think you agree actually,..which is largely why you're trying to modify the topic, slightly.  Just acknowledge that fact the litmus being used probably isn't all that great...and move on. Seriously.

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3775 on: January 09, 2015, 01:52:23 PM »

Not at all....I don't begrudge anyone else their opinion on the band. It's theirs...they can own it.

But I will occasionally pick at a point that doesn't ring entirely true.  And the point made doesn't.  Because it was held up as some sort of unique situation, or indicator of apathy, or negativity. It's not that...and I've demonstrated, IMHO, why.

It isn't necessarily that.  You can argue that it is...have at it.  But there are examples of exactly the same thing occurring which, as you pointed out actually, are similar but NOT necessarily negative or apathetic.  I think you agree actually,..which is largely why you're trying to modify the topic, slightly.  Just acknowledge that fact the litmus being used probably isn't all that great...and move on. Seriously.

I'm good, bro.  Harbor no ill will.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3776 on: January 09, 2015, 01:53:42 PM »

Woah, you?re connecting two different posts to make your point.  I never said there wasn?t a band photo (in fact I think I said I have seen it before).  I did wonder how many people would be able to say that was GnR.

I know you like to lump us all in one bag of awful, but at least keep our awful thoughts separate.

Yes, I am. Just like it's ok for you guys to claim management thinks fans are an annoyance, I can use the same tactic and make generalizations. It's only fair don't you think?

The point is, if you constantly focus on the negatives, since 2002 or whatever, chances are you won't find a new album to be that miracle pill you want us to believe it will be.
You have people here who openly say this is not GN'R to them. No album will change the fact that they'll always act the way they have been acting since the day their line up ceased to exist. Simple.

If your "highlights" in GN'R history since 2000 are the riots in 2002, the so called lack of promotion in 2008 and the so called pointless touring in 2014, then that's pretty sad existence I think. I don't feel sorry for that kind of people because they chose to be that way.

You asked me to admit I was wrong, which you say I never do.  I do so, and you gloss right over it and its on to other gripes.

Isn't this what you always accuse me of doing?

Already responded to your post once. If I was responding to you again I would've quoted you.

That's how message boards work.

Anyway, consider yourself warned. Less of that kind of outbursts. Thanks.

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3777 on: January 09, 2015, 02:33:30 PM »

You are right about one thing.... a new album will not make anybody forget whatever grievances they have with the past... one does not cancel out the other. No matter how much I like the next record... no it still wont be Guns N Roses record to ME, it's subjective (we had this discussion a couple months ago, on what subjective is). That's just how I feel. Im sorry that offends some people.

But what are we all still doing here? We want to hear new music...because we all love Axl as an entertainer,  if new music was off the table... we wouldn't be here...would that be better? I liked Chinese Democracy... and I'm sure I will like the next.

I feel like that should be enough... but you are right... even if the next album is the greatest record of all time, it's not going to change how I think about the name or Axl not showing up in Vancouver on time or anything else that I wish went down differently.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 02:37:14 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #3778 on: January 09, 2015, 02:35:31 PM »

You are right about one thing.... a new album will not make anybody forget whatever grievances they have with the past... one does not cancel out the other. No matter how much I like the next record... no it still wont be Guns N Roses record to ME, it's subjective (we had this discussion a couple months ago, on what subjective is). That's just how I feel. Im sorry that offends some people.

But what are we all still doing here? We want to hear new music...because we all love Axl as an entertainer,  if new music was off the table... we wouldn't be here...would that be better? I liked Chinese Democracy... and I'm sure I will like the next.

I feel like that should be enough... but you are right... even if the next album is the greatest record of all time, it's not going to change how I think about the name or Axl not showing up in Vancouver in time or anything else that I wish went down differently.

Well said.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3779 on: January 09, 2015, 02:36:00 PM »

I've read seen you write this same thing in what seems like a million times.  Time to get over it...  You should create a sticky note and just keep referring to it everytime you need to write this lol.
The point is, if you constantly focus on the negatives, since 2002 or whatever, chances are you won't find a new album to be that miracle pill you want us to believe it will be.
You have people here who openly say this is not GN'R to them. No album will change the fact that they'll always act the way they have been acting since the day their line up ceased to exist. Simple.

If your "highlights" in GN'R history since 2000 are the riots in 2002, the so called lack of promotion in 2008 and the so called pointless touring in 2014, then that's pretty sad existence I think. I don't feel sorry for that kind of people because they chose to be that way.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: