Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 02:31:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1682721 times)
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #3740 on: January 09, 2015, 12:21:32 PM »

Mortismurphy and DX...

Why don't you guys respond at all when your proven wrong?

Jarmo shows and reminds you of a band photo (when DX earlier mentions how there wasn't one in 15 years) and then you can't even acknowledge the post.

Then Jarmo tells Mortismurphy how the European 2002 tour was cancelled by management and we again get no response.  

You've both also been reminded with facts about how Chinese was actually very successful when it came out, but yet, not reply....and then continuous posts about how it was a flop.

You two are a joke at times.  Some of the things you mention have some validity, but when it doesn't, your nowhere to be found.

And how many times am I gonna have to come on here only to hear DX bitching about Axl's lack of promotion for Chinese.  Talk about a &%^$ dead horse.  And here's my two cents....GNR coming out with its first album in 15 years was promotion itself.  GNR streaming Chinese on myspace to which millions of people listened was promotion.  DR Pepper was promotion.  Axl visiting fan sites and chatting (which was posted all over the world) was promotion.  Trust me, pretty much the whole world new Chinese was coming out.  Those who didn't, probably weren't much of music fans anyhow.  Not to mention the fact that times change....this isn't 1991 anymore.  I think a lot of what you guys complain about is due to you guys living in the past.

time to move on

The canceled European tour was 2001.  I'll wait for your response at being proven wrong.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3741 on: January 09, 2015, 12:22:35 PM »

I've heard something like that...but it involved a bit more..and was really based off soft sales of the upcoming legs (til they got out west).  CC wasn't just trying to renegoatiate with the band, but was cutting crew, trying to reduce overhead/crew wages, etc.  All as one big package.

The one thing I do know is that CC did not let the building know until VERY late...because I talked to someone involved at the venue (who I knew from my previous time at "my" venue).

The above is WHOLEY UNSUBSTANTIATED RUMOR, FYI!  And I'm not going to discuss or go any further into it. That's not meant as "big timing"...just...I think it's irresponsible, at this point, for me to discuss it any more without more cold, hard, facts.

Long ago, I wrote up a "theory".....pretty much right after it happened.  That was enough (and got me enough "heat" at the time).

Thing is, if I'm Axl...is it my fault you signed a bad deal and are losing money?  Not really. 

I could sort of see him coming at it from that angle.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3742 on: January 09, 2015, 12:39:08 PM »

Mortismurphy and DX...

Jarmo shows and reminds you of a band photo (when DX earlier mentions how there wasn't one in 15 years) and then you can't even acknowledge the post.

Then Jarmo tells Mortismurphy how the European 2002 tour was cancelled by management and we again get no response.  

You've both also been reminded with facts about how Chinese was actually very successful when it came out, but yet, not reply....and then continuous posts about how it was a flop.

You two are a joke at times.  Some of the things you mention have some validity, but when it doesn't, your nowhere to be found.

And how many times am I gonna have to come on here only to hear DX bitching about Axl's lack of promotion for Chinese.  Talk about a &%^$ dead horse.  And here's my two cents....GNR coming out with its first album in 15 years was promotion itself.  GNR streaming Chinese on myspace to which millions of people listened was promotion.  DR Pepper was promotion.  Axl visiting fan sites and chatting (which was posted all over the world) was promotion.  Trust me, pretty much the whole world new Chinese was coming out.  Those who didn't, probably weren't much of music fans anyhow.  Not to mention the fact that times change....this isn't 1991 anymore.  I think a lot of what you guys complain about is due to you guys living in the past.

time to move on

The canceled European tour was 2001.  I'll wait for your response at being proven wrong.

mort first mentioned 2001 and then Jarmo mentioned how European tour was cancelled in 2001.  Sorry, I was a year off.  The point was...Mort doesn't seem to blame management during that time at all. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 12:43:10 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3743 on: January 09, 2015, 12:41:30 PM »

Mortismurphy and DX...

time to move on

Skip my posts.  I'm also willing to do a reciprocal agreement, if you'd like.

No, I don't want to.  I'd rather point out when your wrong.

Hey, have you heard that there is a band photo?? 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 12:43:46 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3744 on: January 09, 2015, 12:55:11 PM »

No, I don't want to.  I'd rather point out when your wrong.

I wouldn't think you'd want to either.  There aren't enough people here to field a football scrimmage.  Not sure how choosy any of us can be about who we cut out.

Look, I'm here every weekday, all day.  I talk to everyone here.  Some of like mind, others pretty diametrically opposed.  We still get it done without any real hurt feelings.  We have some laughs.  If you want to do that, great.  You don't, oh well. 

But if my posts are going to inspire the long winded rants like the one you fired off a little bit ago, might be time to reassess.  I can assure you that if you think I am going to be browbeaten into being a loyal little puppy, that just ain't gonna happen.  So you either take what I say, and offer a counterpoint if you disagree, or skip my shit wholesale.  "Why can't you be more like me" rants are not a productive use of your time.

I saw someone posted a picture.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3745 on: January 09, 2015, 12:55:29 PM »

Thing is, if I'm Axl...is it my fault you signed a bad deal and are losing money?  Not really. 

Nope.  And safety and quality concerns given the cuts being proposed.

But..again..I'm going to leave it at that.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3746 on: January 09, 2015, 12:59:00 PM »

Hindsight is always 20/20.  And looking back its still a bit fuzzy.

But perhaps the full blown arena tour in 2002 was a bit too ambitious.  The attendance figures most certainly back that up.  It might have made more sense to do a smaller deal until you see how the public responds to what is essentially an entirely new band.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3747 on: January 09, 2015, 12:59:12 PM »

Are you admitting that you were in fact.... Wrong?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3748 on: January 09, 2015, 01:00:54 PM »

If that is an official band photo, I most certainly was.

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #3749 on: January 09, 2015, 01:04:46 PM »

But perhaps the full blown arena tour in 2002 was a bit too ambitious.  The attendance figures most certainly back that up.  It might have made more sense to do a smaller deal until you see how the public responds to what is essentially an entirely new band.

Sweatingg Bulletttttsssss!!!!!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3750 on: January 09, 2015, 01:05:39 PM »

More than a bit. For sure.

Maybe.  But then...to that end...as the promoter, that's something you consider in terms of risk management BEFORE you sign the deal.

It's like any talent/organization negotiation.  The talent is going to ask for as much as they can possibly get.  The organization is going to look to risk/reward to try to justify reduced...whatever. Compensation, scope, terms..whatever.

I'm a baseball fan (in case anyone was unaware..check the threads in fun and games).  I HATE the deal the Yankees made with A-rod. Hated it then, hated it now.  I don't hate A-rod for making it....because it was his (and his agents) job to get him the most money, the best terms, over the longest period of time, possible.

The Yanks made that deal.

CC made the deal.

But we are way far afield, and I'm starting to get into uncomfortable territory again.  So....you'll excuse me if I exit, stage right, from this piece of the convo.

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3751 on: January 09, 2015, 01:10:28 PM »

More than a bit. For sure.

Maybe.  But then...to that end...as the promoter, that's something you consider in terms of risk management BEFORE you sign the deal.

It's like any talent/organization negotiation.  The talent is going to ask for as much as they can possibly get.  The organization is going to look to risk/reward to try to justify reduced...whatever. Compensation, scope, terms..whatever.

I'm a baseball fan (in case anyone was unaware..check the threads in fun and games).  I HATE the deal the Yankees made with A-rod. Hated it then, hated it now.  I don't hate A-rod for making it....because it was his (and his agents) job to get him the most money, the best terms, over the longest period of time, possible.

The Yanks made that deal.

CC made the deal.

But we are way far afield, and I'm starting to get into uncomfortable territory again.  So....you'll excuse me if I exit, stage right, from this piece of the convo.

I'm so freaking done with Brian Cashman.... i HATE everything he has done this winter... swapping Robertson for Miller, trading Prado, CHRIS CAPUANO , CHASE HEADLEY AND STEVEN DREW?!?!?!?!?! God with all that money they could be paying Cano ... (yes his contract is absurd, but he is an elite player and homegrown and I loved him, they should've tried harder to come to an agreement, instead of over paying for Ellsbury)... but this is not the place

I do wish we had more clarity on what happened in those years with that tour....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #3752 on: January 09, 2015, 01:11:09 PM »

Is it?  How and when was that picture used (legit question, I'm curious because I have seen it before, but I don't think I've ever seen it as a formal press release, with Guns n Roses in the header).

While we're at it, let's do the pepsi challenge with that photo.  Pick 5 people (who are not forum members) and ask them what this photo is.  How many do you think would answer, Guns n Roses?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3753 on: January 09, 2015, 01:14:55 PM »

Considering it's been used in the media, I assume it is.

If you would've gone to the Vegas residency in 2012, you would've seen that photo used on some elevators as well as a big display in the hallway between The Joint and clothing store (I think).

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3754 on: January 09, 2015, 01:15:01 PM »

I'm so freaking done with Brian Cashman.... i HATE everything he has done this winter... swapping Robertson for Miller, trading Prado, CHRIS CAPUANO , CHASE HEADLEY AND STEVEN DREW?!?!?!?!?! God with all that money they could be paying Cano ... (yes his contract is absurd, but he is an elite player and homegrown and I loved him, they should've tried harder to come to an agreement, instead of over paying for Ellsbury)... but this is not the place

I do wish we had more clarity on what happened in those years with that tour....

Yup on the Yanks stuff.  Come to our 2015 thread over in fun and games...we can talk there.  It's a great baseball thread, with some GREAT lovers of the game participating (faldor (even for a Sox fan), Falcon, and Timothy are awesome!).  Way OT for this thread. Smiley

I do too, on the clarity.  It's, like, the one big unanswered question that I would LOVE an answer to.  The rest, to me, is much less interesting (or has already been answered, sorta).

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3755 on: January 09, 2015, 01:15:39 PM »

Hahahaha

Love that song.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3756 on: January 09, 2015, 01:17:30 PM »

Hahahaha

Love that song.

Me, too.  But Symphony for Destruction will forever be my jam from them! 

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3757 on: January 09, 2015, 01:17:49 PM »

While we're at it, let's do the pepsi challenge with that photo.  Pick 5 people (who are not forum members) and ask them what this photo is.  How many do you think would answer, Guns n Roses?

Well, you still have Axl in the middle of it.  That's a rather big giveaway.

My best guess is that the answer to "who is this?" would be "Dunno.  Is that what Axl is calling Guns N' Roses these days?"

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3758 on: January 09, 2015, 01:18:54 PM »

If you would've gone to the Vegas residency in 2012, you would've seen that photo used on some elevators as well as a big display in the hallway between The Joint and clothing store (I think).

While not an official group photo, I did rather like that one where they are cartoons all tied up in the electrical wires and screaming.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3759 on: January 09, 2015, 01:19:37 PM »

/jarmo

It definitely was used in the Hard Rock the first time... I have a picture in front of it.

My favorite thing about the residency was how all the table games all the dealers everything was decked out with GNR stuff.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: