Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 12:26:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1682661 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3720 on: January 09, 2015, 11:39:50 AM »

No, no, the first show.  In Vancouver.

When Axl decides to take a helicopter and try to get to the venue at like 9:30 or some shit.

Totally irresponsible.

Oh...right right right...but that's not the show that ended up getting them shut down.  That was the show where he was supposedly in route, and the venue cancelled while he was in the air (and, yes, he should def have left earlier/been on site early), right?

They did a bunch of shows after that.  It was the Philly show/riot that ultimately shut things down.

That was a real bummer.... The atmosphere at the MSG show was epic too.... My first time ever seeing Axl live.

Wasn't it Tommy's birthday the next night in Philly   And the whole band was there waiting for Axl to show up to the gig.  Then it got cancelled and the band had to sneak out of the venue?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3721 on: January 09, 2015, 11:39:59 AM »

Thanks for the clarification.

That's sorta what I figured. In 2010/2011, they may have had more pairs of eyes on them at specific, individual, shows.

No problem. You can't really compare the whole tours. It's different because you had many more shows in 2010 in many more countries. 2014 was more aimed at Brazil. Which is the biggest market down there like it or not.

All the tours there have been successful. No matter what some like you to believe.

Him being nowhere to be found perhaps played a role there.

He was on his way.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3722 on: January 09, 2015, 11:40:40 AM »

They did a bunch of shows after that.  It was the Philly show/riot that ultimately shut things down.

Clear Channel losing their shirts is what shut that down.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3723 on: January 09, 2015, 11:41:52 AM »

Him being nowhere to be found perhaps played a role there.

He was on his way.

Like I said, not the night for that crap.

All he bought himself with that poor decision was a bunch of "same old Axl" type talk.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3724 on: January 09, 2015, 11:43:06 AM »

let's just say it was a very unfortunate night....

You would think he should have at least been in the same city somewhere near ticket time.... But the venue obviously was being difficult as well.

Yup, agree. I don't know what kept him in LA til the last minute...but I would have expected him to be on site, too, all things considered.

And the venue tried to sue....and the jurist (judge?) looked at the evidence and told the venue owners to go scratch.  He thought the whole thing was potentially avoidable if they'd just waited for Axl to arrive, so ruled they didn't do enough to limit their damages.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3725 on: January 09, 2015, 11:44:45 AM »

Wasn't it Tommy's birthday the next night in Philly   And the whole band was there waiting for Axl to show up to the gig.  Then it got cancelled and the band had to sneak out of the venue?

I don' t remember the "sneaking out" part (though it might be true), but it sounds about right.

The question of "why" though might turn out to be akin to "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop"....

Together again,
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3726 on: January 09, 2015, 11:45:13 AM »

Mortismurphy and DX...

Why don't you guys respond at all when your proven wrong?

Jarmo shows and reminds you of a band photo (when DX earlier mentions how there wasn't one in 15 years) and then you can't even acknowledge the post.

Then Jarmo tells Mortismurphy how the European 2002 tour was cancelled by management and we again get no response.  

You've both also been reminded with facts about how Chinese was actually very successful when it came out, but yet, not reply....and then continuous posts about how it was a flop.

You two are a joke at times.  Some of the things you mention have some validity, but when it doesn't, your nowhere to be found.

And how many times am I gonna have to come on here only to hear DX bitching about Axl's lack of promotion for Chinese.  Talk about a &%^$ dead horse.  And here's my two cents....GNR coming out with its first album in 15 years was promotion itself.  GNR streaming Chinese on myspace to which millions of people listened was promotion.  DR Pepper was promotion.  Axl visiting fan sites and chatting (which was posted all over the world) was promotion.  Trust me, pretty much the whole world new Chinese was coming out.  Those who didn't, probably weren't much of music fans anyhow.  Not to mention the fact that times change....this isn't 1991 anymore.  I think a lot of what you guys complain about is due to you guys living in the past.

time to move on

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3727 on: January 09, 2015, 11:45:41 AM »

Like I said, not the night for that crap.

All he bought himself with that poor decision was a bunch of "same old Axl" type talk.

Sorry that he's not like your idol Jon Bon Jovi!
He was on his way and was gonna do the show. End of fucking story.

Anyway, GN'R has gone back there and there were no issues. Just like your hometown. So, why do you still need to go on about it?

Enjoy the 2010 group photo. Print it out and put on your wall so you don't forget it exists.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3728 on: January 09, 2015, 11:45:53 AM »

let's just say it was a very unfortunate night....

You would think he should have at least been in the same city somewhere near ticket time.... But the venue obviously was being difficult as well.

Yup, agree. I don't know what kept him in LA til the last minute...but I would have expected him to be on site, too, all things considered.

And the venue tried to sue....and the jurist (judge?) looked at the evidence and told the venue owners to go scratch.  He thought the whole thing was potentially avoidable if they'd just waited for Axl to arrive, so ruled they didn't do enough to limit their damages.

Even if he had GREAT reasons for still being in LA so late... the fact that the band was there ready to go... and he had to be helicoptered in last minute.... makes him look like a diva.

It just sucked... and it was the FIRST show... everybody kinda shrugged their shoulders and went yeah that sounds about right... ha

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3729 on: January 09, 2015, 11:47:21 AM »

Clear Channel losing their shirts is what shut that down.

Well, yeah.  Ultimately.

But the decision was made off of the riot at the Philly show.

Again, there are rumors about why Axl didn't show that directly relate to a dispute with Clear Channel that played out very, very badly.  I don't know how true they are, though.  But that rumor has always been the best sourced, to me.  

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3730 on: January 09, 2015, 11:47:48 AM »

I could perhaps agree with that.  But not without asking how the hell they are even in that situation.

"Axl being Axl" is pretty flimsy, frankly.  Have your ass there.  Its the first fucking night.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3731 on: January 09, 2015, 11:48:57 AM »

Even if he had GREAT reasons for still being in LA so late... the fact that the band was there ready to go... and he had to be helicoptered in last minute.... makes him look like a diva.

It just sucked... and it was the FIRST show... everybody kinda shrugged their shoulders and went yeah that sounds about right... ha

It played into every negative clich? about the man.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3732 on: January 09, 2015, 11:51:55 AM »

You know..sometimes shit happens.  Someone you're close to is sick, or business shit takes longer than you expect, or....other unavoidable shit.

BUT, that being said.....day of the show, 2 hours before your the first show of your comeback tour...I can't imagine being in the air, on the way.  Now, I'm not Axl. I'm not a world famous rock star.  Maybe that's the norm. Maybe it was completely unavoidable. IDK.

All I know is: It fucking sucked. All of it. Top to bottom.

Axl being late sucked.
The way the venue handled it sucked.
The way law enforcement handled the aftermath sucked.

Lots of suck to go around...

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3733 on: January 09, 2015, 11:53:19 AM »

Again, there are rumors about why Axl didn't show that directly relate to a dispute with Clear Channel that played out very, very badly.  I don't know how true they are, though.  But that rumor has always been the best sourced, to me.  

My supposition is that word came down that Clear Channel was either looking to renegotiate at best, pull the plug entirely at worst.  Its been reported how much money they were losing on half filled arenas after forwarding a big advance.

But, hey...Axl sure showed them, huh?

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3734 on: January 09, 2015, 11:54:33 AM »

I could perhaps agree with that.  But not without asking how the hell they are even in that situation.

"Axl being Axl" is pretty flimsy, frankly.  Have your ass there.  Its the first fucking night.

Yeah, I mean...that's the thing...I just don't know.  I know what the media reported, and what the court papers showed.  Neither mentioned his reasoning except "something came up that needed to be handled".  Whatever that means.

And, agree with that last bit.  It's no excuse.  It could have been handled much better from top to bottom.

Together again,
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3735 on: January 09, 2015, 11:55:47 AM »

My supposition is that word came down that Clear Channel was either looking to renegotiate at best, pull the plug entirely at worst.  Its been reported how much money they were losing on half filled arenas after forwarding a big advance.

I thought the arenas on the  east coast sold out quiet well
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3736 on: January 09, 2015, 12:01:43 PM »

I've heard something like that...but it involved a bit more..and was really based off soft sales of the upcoming legs (til they got out west).  CC wasn't just trying to renegoatiate with the band, but was cutting crew, trying to reduce overhead/crew wages, etc.  All as one big package.

The one thing I do know is that CC did not let the building know until VERY late...because I talked to someone involved at the venue (who I knew from my previous time at "my" venue).

The above is WHOLEY UNSUBSTANTIATED RUMOR, FYI!  And I'm not going to discuss or go any further into it. That's not meant as "big timing"...just...I think it's irresponsible, at this point, for me to discuss it any more without more cold, hard, facts.

Long ago, I wrote up a "theory".....pretty much right after it happened.  That was enough (and got me enough "heat" at the time).
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 12:04:20 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3737 on: January 09, 2015, 12:03:26 PM »

Yup, but sales in the smaller markets in the south/mid west/sout west were soft (outside big metro areas like Chicago) and that was the leg they were starting to approach.  They weren't going to see MUCH MORE in the way of sales for those shows, given the time frames involved.

West coast shows had sold well, too...esp the show at the Forum.

Together again,
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3738 on: January 09, 2015, 12:09:27 PM »

Yup, but sales in the smaller markets in the south/mid west/sout west were soft (outside big metro areas like Chicago) and that was the leg they were starting to approach.  They weren't going to see MUCH MORE in the way of sales for those shows, given the time frames involved.

West coast shows had sold well, too...esp the show at the Forum.

Funny I always pictured small town USA as a strong hold for guns fans that would always sell out shows in those markets.  The more I look into it, the best market for guns is the big cities and vegas. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3739 on: January 09, 2015, 12:21:14 PM »

Mortismurphy and DX...

Why don't you guys respond at all when your proven wrong?

Jarmo shows and reminds you of a band photo (when DX earlier mentions how there wasn't one in 15 years) and then you can't even acknowledge the post.

Then Jarmo tells Mortismurphy how the European 2002 tour was cancelled by management and we again get no response.  

You've both also been reminded with facts about how Chinese was actually very successful when it came out, but yet, not reply....and then continuous posts about how it was a flop.

You two are a joke at times.  Some of the things you mention have some validity, but when it doesn't, your nowhere to be found.

And how many times am I gonna have to come on here only to hear DX bitching about Axl's lack of promotion for Chinese.  Talk about a &%^$ dead horse.  And here's my two cents....GNR coming out with its first album in 15 years was promotion itself.  GNR streaming Chinese on myspace to which millions of people listened was promotion.  DR Pepper was promotion.  Axl visiting fan sites and chatting (which was posted all over the world) was promotion.  Trust me, pretty much the whole world new Chinese was coming out.  Those who didn't, probably weren't much of music fans anyhow.  Not to mention the fact that times change....this isn't 1991 anymore.  I think a lot of what you guys complain about is due to you guys living in the past.

time to move on

Skip my posts.  I'm also willing to do a reciprocal agreement, if you'd like.

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: