Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:43:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1682379 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3600 on: January 08, 2015, 03:19:13 PM »

I think the real fans know the deal They don't seem to question my credibility day in and day out.
The ones who don't, they're the ones who have agendas. They don't like how I choose to run my site, they don't like that they were stupid enough to get banned from a fan site or they don't like what I've experienced.

That whole response is perfect, but that first line...gold.  Just fucking beautiful.

You seem to loathe at least half of us that post here.  You look way the fuck down your nose.  You call us "fake fans".  Even go as far as to tell us what we are REALLY thinking or REALLY doing with our posts.  You're not fooled about how nefarious some of us are. 

And that's just the people willing to post here.  I can only imagine what you think of people that won't even come here and play your little reindeer games.  I doubt its complimentary.

You have told me more than once you'd rather a day go by without even one new post rather than it have it be something you don't want to hear.

Well, that is also the perception of TB, pretty much.  All that same stuff.  They tolerate the fans, but no more than they have to.  And demand total devotion to the point of total unreasonableness.  You can't accept that?  Some fan you are then.  Go follow some other band, hater.  They'll just stick with the true believers.

You know..."the real fans".

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #3601 on: January 08, 2015, 03:19:42 PM »

What other manager did he refer to as "mom"?  It is unique, and unlike past management relationships.  This one started out as a personal relationship, then (over time) morphed into management.

Kinda difficult considering they were MALE!
Personal relationship?

So did we manage to forget about the shower incident already?

/jarmo

No, I didn?t forget about the shower incident at all.  I know you tried to explain it to me before, but perhaps if you could be a bit more patronizing the next time.  Then it might set in.

So, in your opinion, them saying ?he?s in the shower? was said colloquially, as you said that ?they don?t necessary know if he?s in the shower.?  Again, that?s your opinion and characterization based on what they said.

Another, equally plausible scenario, in my opinion, is that they came up with the first thing they could think of why Axl couldn?t be bothered by Duff.  So they said, ?he?s in the shower.?

Which is true?  I don?t know, your opinion could be right.  Don?t you think, if they were really ok with Duff talking to Axl, they would?ve said something like, ?Holy shit, Duff!  What?s up, man!  Let me check on Axl, he may be in the shower but he would love to see you.?

Way to punt on the management issue, btw.  Ok then, did Axl ever refer to any former manager as dad?  
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3602 on: January 08, 2015, 03:24:48 PM »

I think the real fans know the deal They don't seem to question my credibility day in and day out.
The ones who don't, they're the ones who have agendas. They don't like how I choose to run my site, they don't like that they were stupid enough to get banned from a fan site or they don't like what I've experienced.

That whole response is perfect, but that first line...gold.  Just fucking beautiful.

You seem to loathe at least half of us that post here.  You look way the fuck down your nose.  You call us "fake fans".  Even go as far as to tell us what we are REALLY thinking or REALLY doing with our posts.  You're not fooled about how nefarious some of us are. 

And that's just the people willing to post here.  I can only imagine what you think of people that won't even come here and play your little reindeer games.  I doubt its complimentary.

You have told me more than once you'd rather a day go by without even one new post rather than it have it be something you don't want to hear.

Well, that is also the perception of TB, pretty much.  All that same stuff.  They tolerate the fans, but no more than they have to.  And demand total devotion to the point of total unreasonableness.  You can't accept that?  Some fan you are then.  Go follow some other band, hater.  They'll just stick with the true believers.

Not wrong.

The real joke here is that when/if GNR drops the next album, D-X, JAEBALL, Ginger King and I will likely be the first to buy it and see Guns when they come to town.  Key word here is "buy" Jarmo. Do you remember what that is?   hihi
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 03:28:44 PM by sofine11 » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3603 on: January 08, 2015, 03:28:01 PM »

I find it amazing how people can write shit like "they seem to dislike fans" or something similar.

Well, let me ask you this.

Do you think you come off a real swell liaison to the fanbase?  Any idea how someone might arrive at that conclusion?

Pretty much the same principle with TB, I reckon.

Was Niven? Was Goldstein? Was Merck? Was Azoff? (edit: I have no idea why Niven got autocorrected to Irving).

Of those 4, I'm thinking the only qualified "yes" would involve Merck.  And his efforts were...mostly...ummmmm....not so good.

I didn't see many of them as particularly involved with "Liasing" with the fanbase.  In fact, I can't think of many (any?) bands where the MANAGER is obviously orchestrating that piece.

I'm sure there is involvement (scheduling and such), but...really hands on, super obvious, stuff?  I can't think of many examples.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #3604 on: January 08, 2015, 03:30:25 PM »

I think the current management have done well.

The touring aspect of a band is important, and Guns have played alot of dates in alot of places, and that has happened without too much fuss. Long stretches of touring have historically stretched alot of bands to breaking point, and although Guns have shown signs of this, all in all, Guns have survived it all.

On another level, band members currently appear free and easy with their opinions when they speak, which is good. Also, work now appears to be ongoing with new material, which is a positive thing.

In my opinion, it is better for Guns to be aiming at the general public rather than us here on the forums in the big scheme of things. The work Guns have done with their touring, with a properly promoted new album could see a change in fortune for the band.  Obviously, if the band could do another Hammerstein with the forums, or another Dexter-licious visit in the future, it would be appreciated by the fans on the forums, but so many of us have either disappeared or gone cynical over the years, I am not sure it would even be considered now.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 03:43:10 PM by Mysteron » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3605 on: January 08, 2015, 03:58:28 PM »

Was Niven? Was Goldstein? Was Merck? Was Azoff? (edit: I have no idea why Niven got autocorrected to Irving).

Of those 4, I'm thinking the only qualified "yes" would involve Merck.  And his efforts were...mostly...ummmmm....not so good.

I was more making the point they didn't look at us with such condescension and annoyance.  Face it, TB do.

Who has ever come out on the winning end of picking fights with your own fans?  Its a losing proposition.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3606 on: January 08, 2015, 04:01:36 PM »

The real joke here is that when/if GNR drops the next album, D-X, JAEBALL, Ginger King and I will likely be the first to buy it and see Guns when they come to town.  Key word here is "buy" Jarmo. Do you remember what that is?   hihi

Of course we will.

I imagine each one of us owns just about every official release out there.  We've searched for bootlegs.  We post here (and other spots) every damn day.  We are in pretty deep with this band.

So to then merely express an opinion something or other did not work, and then be told you are some "fake fan" that can fuck right off?  25 plus years of devotion goes out the window because you dared to ask fellow fans if Axl's half ass promotion "strategy" for the last album was a good one?

Piss on that.

mortismurphy
« Reply #3607 on: January 08, 2015, 04:02:33 PM »

Ticket reduction compared to what? All tours in South America have been successful. Maybe you were expecting all shows to be sold out, just like you actually believe Axl was trying to make the greatest album of all times.

Before the shows in Brazil last year, a certain local fan site there posted about how the shows wouldn't sell at all because they thought the ticket prices were too high. Turns out, the shows weren't empty like they predicted....

You are dodging my question. Whereas prior tours had sold out, was there not a reduction in ticket sales?

Ok. So you're saying the managers before who booked the 2001, 2002, 2006 and 2007 shows were wrong. Got it.
According to you, they made mistakes. Suddenly it's not about current management.

They toured Use Your Illusion for two years. Hardly sold a lot more albums by visiting the UK for a third time in 1993 did they? Oh and played smaller venues in the USA than they did with Metallica in 1992. Bad management?

The album was not out in those years! 2001-2002 was about relaunching the band and creating a hype for the album. It collapsed in disaster but that is besides the point. 2006-07 was about generating income. Illusion is a hopeless comparison as they were so massive then and constantly co-releasing singles/music promos to coincide with legs - so yes, they probably did generate some sales from the Skin N' Bones tour.

You go on like this because you didn't get it.
I made a point that the tours weren't booked only to sell more albums. Nobody buys albums anyway! I'm sure you knew that already.

Plenty of people (e.g. Slash, Neil Young, Motorhead) still putting them out. I certainly buy them.

Many bands who go out on our play three of four new songs, the rest is the same old. Do fans complain? No.
There's no guarantee that X amount of new songs means you'll get Y amount of them into the set. No guarantees at all!

You just assume so.

People know the score - they are far better informed than you credit them. They know that if you buy an Axl ticket you will get the same old setlist (CD, Jungle etc) replete with glitter balls and solo spots. They equally know that if they buy a Dylan, Young or Springsteen ticket they will probably get a lot of new album tracks and deep cuts.

Why'd you ignore the part about bands touring so they can invest that money into their next album(s) and tour(s)? That's how they make money.
And it's still pointless? Amazing....

/jarmo

Usually labels fund albums. Is there any evidence for what you suggest? They have been touring aimlessly for about three years and, apparently, CD2 is largely complete. Just how much money do they need to generate to finish the thing?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3608 on: January 08, 2015, 04:05:28 PM »

I think the current management have done well.

The touring aspect of a band is important, and Guns have played alot of dates in alot of places, and that has happened without too much fuss. Long stretches of touring have historically stretched alot of bands to breaking point, and although Guns have shown signs of this, all in all, Guns have survived it all.

On another level, band members currently appear free and easy with their opinions when they speak, which is good. Also, work now appears to be ongoing with new material, which is a positive thing.

In my opinion, it is better for Guns to be aiming at the general public rather than us here on the forums in the big scheme of things. The work Guns have done with their touring, with a properly promoted new album could see a change in fortune for the band.  Obviously, if the band could do another Hammerstein with the forums, or another Dexter-licious visit in the future, it would be appreciated by the fans on the forums, but so many of us have either disappeared or gone cynical over the years, I am not sure it would even be considered now.

Good post.  Agree with just about all of this.

mortismurphy
« Reply #3609 on: January 08, 2015, 04:06:36 PM »

Explain to me how Chinese was NOT successful? 

It flopped in North America. I do not like it anymore than you do but you cannot argue with facts, and, when you have a new release being sold for $1, within days of its release, you know the album has sold poorly.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3610 on: January 08, 2015, 04:08:32 PM »

Not wrong.

LOL... This made my day

and it's true... Have only missed just two NYC show's since the first MSG show with Bucket and Robin ... Randalls island and Brooklyn Bowl... just couldn't swing them

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
mortismurphy
« Reply #3611 on: January 08, 2015, 04:12:35 PM »

I have often had a feeling that there are certain members who do not want Axl to release new material. I do not exactly know the reason why. A vested interest? They enjoy their Vegas shows to such a degree that they fear an album might delay or stop them? They buy the 'TB line' to such a degree that they feel they have to act, anti-album - who knows?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3612 on: January 08, 2015, 04:15:05 PM »

Explain to me how Chinese was NOT successful? 

It flopped in North America. I do not like it anymore than you do but you cannot argue with facts, and, when you have a new release being sold for $1, within days of its release, you know the album has sold poorly.

Pretty much.  It made zero impact and leaves no legacy.

Have to hope the next one fares better.  Flops happen.  Doesn't mean you give up.  But it certainly doesn't mean you ignore the facts and just insist it was a screaming success.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3613 on: January 08, 2015, 04:15:57 PM »

I have often had a feeling that there are certain members who do not want Axl to release new material. I do not exactly know the reason why. A vested interest? They enjoy their Vegas shows to such a degree that they fear an album might delay or stop them? They buy the 'TB line' to such a degree that they feel they have to act, anti-album - who knows?

I disagree.

I think they want the vaults cleared sooner than later if they ever hope to contribute in any meaningful way to the legacy of Guns N' Roses.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3614 on: January 08, 2015, 04:17:26 PM »

I knew that would annoy the hell out of you.  Kiss

You point out that there are fans out there who support the band and who know the deal, and those who object get offended. Like yourself. Every time! Cheesy

Nope. Not at all.
I just don't get your mentality. That's all. Don't have feelings for you. Don't worry. Smiley

I can only imagine what you think of people that won't even come here

Do you wanna know what I think? I don't!
It's simple. It's pointless to worry about what some unnamed people somewhere on the Internet think.

You really got no clue about me or what I think but here you are presenting your theories like you've uncovered some kind of secret.

No, I didn?t forget about the shower incident at all.  I know you tried to explain it to me before, but perhaps if you could be a bit more patronizing the next time.  Then it might set in.

I apologize. I tried to explain it as simple as possible because to me, not understanding it makes no sense. For people who are quick to understand anything else.

So, in your opinion, them saying ?he?s in the shower? was said colloquially, as you said that ?they don?t necessary know if he?s in the shower.?  Again, that?s your opinion and characterization based on what they said.

It's pretty much based on experience.

Another, equally plausible scenario, in my opinion, is that they came up with the first thing they could think of why Axl couldn?t be bothered by Duff.  So they said, ?he?s in the shower.?

So you know for a fact that he was not going to shower?
Another assumption based on negativity, that they would lie to make the meeting impossible.

Which is true?  I don?t know, your opinion could be right.  Don?t you think, if they were really ok with Duff talking to Axl, they would?ve said something like, ?Holy shit, Duff!  What?s up, man!  Let me check on Axl, he may be in the shower but he would love to see you.?

Well we don't know. Since his book only has a few sentences about the incident. I kinda think that he left out the hellos and such.

Once again, I think the main priority was the show. The whole issue wasn't with Duff. As some want to believe. If that was the Queen of England, the same would've happened!

Way to punt on the management issue, btw.  Ok then, did Axl ever refer to any former manager as dad?  

Nobody. Why is that a problem? Why does it bother you that he has management that are close to him?

You are dodging my question. Whereas prior tours had sold out, was there not a reduction in ticket sales?

Which previous tours? You have to be more specific.
I'm sorry but you're also comparing tours that were the first time, or tours that were return visits. Also tours that had more shows in one country than the previous visit. All kinds of different issues that you don't take into consideration.

The album was not out in those years! 2001-2002 was about relaunching the band and creating a hype for the album. It collapsed in disaster but that is besides the point.

So the management at the time is responsible for the disaster. Ok.

2006-07 was about generating income.

Really? So why can't these tours they did now be about that?

Plenty of people (e.g. Slash, Neil Young, Motorhead) still putting them out. I certainly buy them.

But all of them tour to make a living! Smiley

People know the score - they are far better informed than you credit them. They know that if you buy an Axl ticket you will get the same old setlist (CD, Jungle etc) replete with glitter balls and solo spots.

I'm sorry. But people go there to hear the songs they know.
Just because some of us are on the Internet dissecting every setlist doesn't mean Joe Average in Omaha knows what songs the band played at the show the night before his show.

Not everybody going to the shows give a damn about fan sites.

Usually labels fund albums. Is there any evidence for what you suggest? They have been touring aimlessly for about three years and, apparently, CD2 is largely complete. Just how much money do they need to generate to finish the thing?

Is there evidence? Man, you're the ones who keep telling me what you read in so and so article. And you have no evidence that the record companies don't really operate like they used to?

It's funny. On one hand you're there to point out the last album was a failure, then you don't understand why a band would tour and now you wonder how much money they need to make.
If you invest ?10 in the lottery and only win ?5. You've lost ?5. In order to not lose money, you'd wanna get that ?5 back some other way.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #3615 on: January 08, 2015, 04:18:04 PM »

I meant forum members. The people here haha.

Yes, they all want it out, all except Axl!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3616 on: January 08, 2015, 04:19:18 PM »

Key word here is "buy" Jarmo. Do you remember what that is?   hihi

What's that supposed to mean?

It sold hundreds of thousands in its first week.
$1 within days?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3617 on: January 08, 2015, 04:21:48 PM »

I knew that would annoy the hell out of you.

Quite the contrary.  It was a gift.

It was like you asked me to type a response for you so it could go exactly how I'd like it to go.  No complaints on this end, I assure you.

You really got no clue about me or what I think but here you are presenting your theories like you've uncovered some kind of secret.

You're a lot of things, bro.  But a big mystery ain't one of 'em.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3618 on: January 08, 2015, 04:23:23 PM »

Haha. Awesome!

I admit putting the phrase there because it's always funny to see the reaction.
"You question my fandom? How dare you! I'm a big fan damn you! * Pouts * "

That's funny.

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3619 on: January 08, 2015, 04:26:27 PM »

I just want to thank you all... You have entertained the hell out of me today during a slow one at the office. But I'm calling it a day.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: