Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:26:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1682214 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3520 on: January 07, 2015, 02:15:10 PM »

They've been there longer than any manager. They know him better than any manager.

By the way, who was the manager when Appetite For Democracy was released?
Who was the manager at the time Axl did that Revolver interview where he talked about his hopes for the future?

/jarmo

You're not wrong.  I guess what I mean is that they've basically had the second half of Chinese Democracy collecting dust for over six years now.  When Azoff was still at the helm, the tentative plan was to release it in fall 2009.  Since he was let go that year, who has been saying to Axl "Ok, what's the plan for the next album?  When do we put it out?".  Maybe they are saying that to him.  I guess the radio silence on that front, other than what Axl said last spring, has me doubtful that anyone in charge is chomping at the bit to get this out to the fans.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3521 on: January 07, 2015, 02:16:44 PM »

They've been there longer than any manager. They know him better than any manager.

By the way, who was the manager when Appetite For Democracy was released?
Who was the manager at the time Axl did that Revolver interview where he talked about his hopes for the future?

They were.  And Rockfuel said they were a fucking nightmare to deal with.

I, like many others, highly question their acumen or bona fides for this gig.  But, as you you've said, tours have gotten booked and gone on without incident.  And the DVD did get out.  Those are valid points.

But I also agree with sofine11 that the chances of them cracking the whip or telling Axl some hard truths are literally zero.  We already think you don't rock the boat, and they are you times 1000 on that front.  Little upside for them to kick some ass if need be, but that is part of the job, usually.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3522 on: January 07, 2015, 02:23:02 PM »

Cracking the whip? You guys seem to fail to remember that most of the past managers failed to get anything released...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #3523 on: January 07, 2015, 02:27:43 PM »

Beta, for whatever reason, gave Axl an ultimatum that her family (Team Brazil) be given the reigns to manage Guns N' Roses or she was gonna walk.  

"For whatever reason"? Cheesy
Maybe the reason was that the band had tried so many managers over the years and they all ended up bumming Axl out with their antics? But none of you could think of that because you didn't read it on the Internet right?

To me it's common sense. For some of you, it's not. Obviously.

/jarmo

But doesn?t this feed into the ?Axl just surrounded himself with yes people? claim?  He was bummed out at all these managers, presumably because all these managers wanted him to release new music or challenge him to do stuff.  I don't know what "antics" he didn't like.

So he then brings in people that will not challenge him or push him to do anything he doesn?t want to do.  And then you can sit back and claim ?artistic integrity? as the reason for not advancing the ball. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3524 on: January 07, 2015, 02:29:07 PM »

It wasn't about releasing music. Go read some interviews.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3525 on: January 07, 2015, 02:33:23 PM »

Cracking the whip? You guys seem to fail to remember that most of the past managers failed to get anything released...

/jarmo

"Cracking the whip" is just a blunt way of saying having hard conversations with Axl about the future of GNR.

It's like, if more than six years go by and you can't even get Axl to release an album that is more or less done, what real hope do we have for the future in regard to new music?  Is there even a vested interest?  Hard to say.  As I said before, hopefully the recent studio time means they're moving in that direction.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3526 on: January 07, 2015, 02:34:52 PM »

Bottom line it for us here.

Can you envision a scenario where they tell him something he doesn't want to hear?  Or take a firm stance that he is going to have to something for the better of the business that he does not want to do?

Spoiler : I do not

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3527 on: January 07, 2015, 02:45:54 PM »

Can you envision a scenario where they tell him something he doesn't want to hear?  Or take a firm stance that he is going to have to something for the better of the business that he does not want to do?

Yes.

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #3528 on: January 07, 2015, 02:46:58 PM »

For me, I do not like the direction the band has went in since they took over. They also seem to possess a low opinion of the fans.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3529 on: January 07, 2015, 02:49:24 PM »

Yes.

What do you base that on?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3530 on: January 07, 2015, 02:52:14 PM »

For me, I do not like the direction the band has went in since they took over. They also seem to possess a low opinion of the fans.

Their interactions with the fans are a total disaster.

I'm hardly the first one to say it, but I doubt highly that other band's managers pick fights with their fanbase on the internet.

And "complaints, complaints, complaints"?  Foolishness. 

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3531 on: January 07, 2015, 02:54:14 PM »

Their interactions with the fans are a total disaster.

I'm hardly the first one to say it, but I doubt highly that other band's managers pick fights with their fanbase on the internet.

There does seem to be a bit of an "us against the world" mentality to Team Brazil.  I don't know that I'd go so far as to say they hate GNR fans, but they certainly are not in love with us.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3532 on: January 07, 2015, 02:56:58 PM »

There does seem to be a bit of an "us against the world" mentality to Team Brazil.  I don't know that I'd go so far as to say they hate GNR fans, but they certainly are not in love with us.

They seem to paint us all with a broad brush.

We all become the same jerkoffs mouthing off on Facebook.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3533 on: January 07, 2015, 02:59:57 PM »

They seem to paint us all with a broad brush.

We all become the same jerkoffs mouthing off on Facebook.

Like I said, if you want to wear the managers hat, you better be willing to take the lumps that go with it.  When spirited fans inquire about the next album on social media, you don't chide them like mouthy children.  You don't have to respond, but if you do, you should probably choose your words wisely.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3534 on: January 07, 2015, 03:24:51 PM »

Yes.

Common sense.

They also seem to possess a low opinion of the fans.

No. This is just something that's going on and on because people like to make shit up.
See below.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that a reply to ONE person asking business related questions on a personal Instagram account? ONE person! Not the entire GN'R loving universe.
When will adults stop being so sensitive and assume they are being targeted by evil management at all times?

People like to post all kinds of bullshit on the Internet, but as soon as anybody in the band or band's camp speaks out, they get all offended. Ironic....

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3535 on: January 07, 2015, 03:30:04 PM »

Yes.

Common sense.

Ah, I see.  Illuminating stuff, thank you.

I just figured since you were so big on demanding people defend their positions on things you find totally ridiculous, you'd have a little somethin', somethin' for me to back you up, once the shoe is on the other foot.

Guess you are one of those "do as I say, not as I do" type of cats, huh?

Leadership, thy name is Jarmo.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3536 on: January 07, 2015, 03:34:52 PM »

I personally have never made any kind of statements about Team Brazil... because I don't see the point...Jarmo is tight with them...He is not going to question them in any way. However, I do think Axl's relationship with that woman is mildly fascinating/interesting/perplexing to say the least tho...

and they have said things that came off wrong...but that's ok

The bottom line tho is I don't blame them for anything that's happened with GNR... Axl is a grown ass man... they don't control him or anything like that... If we don't get another GNR record...it's at his feet....not his hand picked family/management team.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3537 on: January 07, 2015, 03:50:45 PM »

Yes.

Common sense.

Ah, I see.  Illuminating stuff, thank you.

I just figured since you were so big on demanding people defend their positions on things you find totally ridiculous, you'd have a little somethin', somethin' for me to back you up, once the shoe is on the other foot.

Guess you are one of those "do as I say, not as I do" type of cats, huh?

Leadership, thy name is Jarmo.

Hahahahahahahaha.

I'm speechless. Really.

But I'll be nice and give you a hint. Sorry, it still requires some kind of thinking on your part. I know you're not into that.
Hint: Not everybody here is in the same fucking boat.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3538 on: January 07, 2015, 04:09:34 PM »

But I'll be nice and give you a hint. Sorry, it still requires some kind of thinking on your part. I know you're not into that.
Hint: Not everybody here is in the same fucking boat.

Ah, the big time answer.  The plugged in and you're not answer.  I sort of figured.

Look, you've never seemed to have given 2 shits about credibility, at least as long as I've been around.  Its not exactly pick my jaw back up the floor time over here.

But, it does assuage some guilt, I will say.  Its harder to feel you might be giving a guy too hard a time when he can't even meet his own standards.  Really reduces how seriously you have to take the guy.

Some guys step up, some guys turtle up.  Way of the world.

mortismurphy
« Reply #3539 on: January 07, 2015, 04:49:44 PM »

Does anyone remember the 'three hour meeting' thing? ''Fernando's breaking news, a three hour meeting''. And in typical Guns N' Roses fashion, nothing came of this, three hour meeting!!
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: