Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:20:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681871 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3440 on: December 29, 2014, 04:25:38 PM »

Richard addressed this in the guitar clinic video where he explained that there is a lot of secrecy around GN'R and the behind-the-scenes operation. He had no answer to why, but that's how Axl wanted it.

Which I long assumed.  And that's all fine.  Its his band, not ours.

But, to me, that all falls apart when you piss and moan down the line because someone either speculated about something, or got something wrong in a discussion.  If you want to operate like you are NORAD, fine.  But you take the lumps if something gets put out there that is wrong because by never setting anything straight, you enable that.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #3441 on: December 29, 2014, 04:29:03 PM »

Ok, but if this is in fact a band in the true sense of the word as Axl claims they are, wouldn't you want to sell this great band you have by recording new material? I'm all for releasing the "old" songs but just don't think it should be the next release. You have a kick ass band. Let's see what they can do.

Who are you trying to sell the band to? I don't think the average music listener pays attention to song writing credits. If they did, many of the popular singers wouldn't be popular since they don't write their own material. Wink

If for example, you play Better to somebody, I don't think they'll say it's a worse song because Robin isn't in the band anymore.

/jarmo

When I speak of selling the band I speak of selling the band to the general public. This band is in a unique position of having to remind the "average" fan that Slash is no longer in the band. What do you tell the "average" fan when they watch the Appetite for Democracy DVD ( which has been pushed heavily) that the guys who put on that kick ass show have yet to record a single song?

I think you are mistaken when you say that you don't think that the average music listener doesnt pay attention to the songwriting credits. That may be true for let's say Pop music but Rock music fans are different.

This is my opinion: I've always been attracted to great lyrics, great songwriting, great musicianship. These things inspired me to become a musician.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3442 on: December 29, 2014, 04:37:24 PM »

Richard addressed this in the guitar clinic video where he explained that there is a lot of secrecy around GN'R and the behind-the-scenes operation. He had no answer to why, but that's how Axl wanted it.

Which I long assumed.  And that's all fine.  Its his band, not ours.

But, to me, that all falls apart when you piss and moan down the line because someone either speculated about something, or got something wrong in a discussion.  If you want to operate like you are NORAD, fine.  But you take the lumps if something gets put out there that is wrong because by never setting anything straight, you enable that.

True, it sparks more speculation.

On the other hand, whenever Axl choses to say something - let's say in a press release - I think it has more of an impact than if the information channels are wide open all the time. Often making headlines all over. It might be part of his strategy to get his words out to as many as possible.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3443 on: December 29, 2014, 04:59:08 PM »

Welcome to the board Ow-So!  Smiley

Active posters are much welcomed.

Sweetness is a virtue
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #3444 on: December 29, 2014, 05:04:16 PM »

Welcome to the board Ow-So!  Smiley

Active posters are much welcomed.

Thanks for all the love.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3445 on: December 29, 2014, 05:18:54 PM »

Any fans that would bemoan getting more Robin/Bucket/Tobias penned tracks on the next album....I don't know what to tell you.  Those guys absolutely threw down on Chinese Democracy.  I don't care how long said players have been gone or who's in the band now. I'm chomping at the bit to hear those songs.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #3446 on: December 29, 2014, 05:30:42 PM »

Always wondered this about this board. Why is it that some posters are told that this board is a board to discuss and celebrate Guns N Roses (which we are always reminded should be the current line up) but when people bring up releasing music that feature former members (I.E. Buckethead, Finck) that's ok? Why are those people not called reunists?

Personally i'd like to hear the Finck and Buckethead stuff but would rather hear what this lineup can produce first.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3447 on: December 29, 2014, 06:20:04 PM »

Always wondered this about this board. Why is it that some posters are told that this board is a board to discuss and celebrate Guns N Roses (which we are always reminded should be the current line up) but when people bring up releasing music that feature former members (I.E. Buckethead, Finck) that's ok? Why are those people not called reunists?

Personally i'd like to hear the Finck and Buckethead stuff but would rather hear what this lineup can produce first.

Do the math ... Those guys never played with public enemy number 1.

I'd love the cd band to be the touring band .. But it wasn't meant to be. Those guys were not willing to wait around.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3448 on: December 29, 2014, 06:26:35 PM »

In this case I don't think there's a question of which line-up is better (well, maybe for some), but rather wanting to hear new music. It's not a question of wanting the old band members to return, but rather getting to hear the complete works of that line-up. If there was unreleased material produced by the classic line-up which they planned to release, I would buy it in a second - and still support the current line-up for the future.

I would love to hear an album from the current line-up, but the situation is that the previous line-up created a lot of music yet unreleased and as a fan of GN'R that's something I would love to hear. And, going by the information we've got, the status of the music of the current line-up is that it's written but not recorded yet. It will take longer for that to see the light of day I think.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 06:28:16 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3449 on: December 29, 2014, 06:28:18 PM »

I'd love the cd band to be the touring band .. But it wasn't meant to be. Those guys were not willing to wait around.

That's not even close to the answer.  No math involved.

Wanting to hear the rest of the music they created while in GNR is totally different than saying you'd want them back in the band or wanting that lineup over the current lineup.

I personally would like to hear the Finck/Bucket stuff before having something by the current lineup.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3450 on: December 29, 2014, 06:53:41 PM »

When I speak of selling the band I speak of selling the band to the general public. This band is in a unique position of having to remind the "average" fan that Slash is no longer in the band. What do you tell the "average" fan when they watch the Appetite for Democracy DVD ( which has been pushed heavily) that the guys who put on that kick ass show have yet to record a single song?

What do you tell them?
First of, we don't know what they have and what they haven't done together.

Just because they didn't sit together in a circle writing songs doesn't mean they haven't recorded together. All of them, with the exception of Dj who joined after, are featured on Chinese Democracy.

I think you are mistaken when you say that you don't think that the average music listener doesnt pay attention to the songwriting credits. That may be true for let's say Pop music but Rock music fans are different.

I don't think they care for the details to be honest. Most just assume the singer writes lyrics and a guitar player the melodies.
Even many GN'R fans assumed Chris Pitman shouldn't be in the band or that Paul Tobias wasn't important. And look who had writing credits on Chinese Democracy.

Besides, you can't really read album booklets while driving. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3451 on: December 29, 2014, 08:06:59 PM »

I think the perfect world would be to release what is already recorded

Then write and release another album with the current bsnd, what ever that is, at the time.   

And not to take years to do any of this
Gunnerfan23
Opening Act

« Reply #3452 on: December 29, 2014, 08:22:10 PM »

Why do 'most' topics here start as something and get dissected to the nth degree with people still bashing and airing out opinions of things THEY'D like to see, but with a negative air about it?
Is there some sort of issue with Axl, the lineup, the releases..what exactly?
I thought this thread would be something creative instead of the same old story? Sad

Every one is a fan of music, celebrities, artists etc. but they have a difficult time imagining those people evolving purely because there's too many issues that each person has with even the smallest thing. Now it's easy to pick out a few things one person might dislike and go on tirades about them and there will be others who agree with certain aspects of every argument?but we're all Guns n Roses fans. If you listen to AFD and UYI..you might not be a fan of UYI because it has more ballads and a deviation from the 'classic rock' sound of the 80s. Then SI is a deviation from UYI..and so on.
GNR releases music..not iPhones?it's not a bunch of 'data' and 'user suggestions' that get analyzed by programmers etc. to produce the next one ?.people who make music make it so THEY get to have their voices heard as it represents them best?it's like a musical novel telling a story with chapters and each chapter has it's own 'soundtrack'. Some stuff keeps happening, other things change or evolve, some things change entirely and the thing that's the hardest to do is accept this as a part of life no matter who the lineup is or what songs they decide to put out or not.

I'm personally just excited to see whatever they put out next and happy that mostly every member of the current and past lineups has music out there that we can enjoy!

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3453 on: December 29, 2014, 08:28:01 PM »

Why do 'most' topics here start as something and get dissected to the nth degree with people still bashing and airing out opinions of things THEY'D like to see, but with a negative air about it?
Is there some sort of issue with Axl, the lineup, the releases..what exactly?
I thought this thread would be something creative instead of the same old story? Sad

Every one is a fan of music, celebrities, artists etc. but they have a difficult time imagining those people evolving purely because there's too many issues that each person has with even the smallest thing. Now it's easy to pick out a few things one person might dislike and go on tirades about them and there will be others who agree with certain aspects of every argument?but we're all Guns n Roses fans. If you listen to AFD and UYI..you might not be a fan of UYI because it has more ballads and a deviation from the 'classic rock' sound of the 80s. Then SI is a deviation from UYI..and so on.
GNR releases music..not iPhones?it's not a bunch of 'data' and 'user suggestions' that get analyzed by programmers etc. to produce the next one ?.people who make music make it so THEY get to have their voices heard as it represents them best?it's like a musical novel telling a story with chapters and each chapter has it's own 'soundtrack'. Some stuff keeps happening, other things change or evolve, some things change entirely and the thing that's the hardest to do is accept this as a part of life no matter who the lineup is or what songs they decide to put out or not.

I'm personally just excited to see whatever they put out next and happy that mostly every member of the current and past lineups has music out there that we can enjoy!

So what is creative about saying you will be excited with whatever they put out next

Nothing

Who wouldnt be excitted?  And if we all just made comments like that the board aure would be a boring place

Gunnerfan23
Opening Act

« Reply #3454 on: December 29, 2014, 09:55:06 PM »

You're right man. My bad.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #3455 on: December 30, 2014, 12:42:15 AM »

I think he's a little closer than you give him credit for.  Come on, Duff plays some shows, Izzy plays some shows, it's all well and good.  Hell, even Robin and Brain came back for a show.  You can confidently and positively express support for those past members reuniting without running afoul of any GnR support guidelines.

But there is a line drawn.  Mention one name you'd like to see back on stage, and you're an evil reunion-loving troll.  That shouldn't come as a surprise.  We're told (not that we needed to be) that this is Axl's band, he runs the show, and there's one person that he will never forgive.

Back on topic, I'm 100% on board with new music being the remaining CD tracks.  Some new, current lineup tracks would be nice, but they're having a tough time as it is releasing songs that are already recorded.  Adding completely new songs to the mix would, IMO, only add further delay.
Gunnerfan23
Opening Act

« Reply #3456 on: December 30, 2014, 12:57:38 AM »

'Creative' hopes:

Richard recently got a kickass Scala guitar that's like a cross between a Telecaster and Les Paul which I hope he gets to showcase on some work in the album because it's basically the 2 guitars that are pretty signature for him.
Ron switched to Engl and  I'm hoping he gets to use those (assuming he's not left the band..if he has then there's a Bumblefoot album we get to check it out on that drops in February 2015) IF he's not in the lineup?then I'd be stoked to see which crazy motherfucker steps in to THOSE shoes because he basically nails down Slash/Buckethead parts and then some.
DJ just produced the Sixx AM record and everyone was raving about him working real hard on getting some serious tones down for the record that I'm hoping make their way onto re-tracking of some GNR stuff or totally new stuff altogether.
Frank would likely be the main/only drummer on this album, so I'm hoping he gets to write everything drums/percussion this time as opposed to the Freese/Brain/Frank comp'd drums (which are still freaking awesome)
and HOPEFULLY Caram is still working with them because he was able to balance out SO many tracks and produce the album with so many musicians that it'll be cool to see what he can churn out with a 'simpler' band-structure.
Then there's also been signs of other guys taking chances at lead vocals (historically and present) so I'm hopeful that continues as it would definitely lessen the load for Mr. Rose and the guys who like playing/singing can do their thing on certain tunes.
Also, with a lot of the 'structures' of songs laid out over 2 decades almost..and featuring the work of Paul, Brian/Buckethead, Robin, Dave, Zakk, Brian May, Slash(?), Izzy (?)?it would be great to see what the current guys would do ala. What Ron did for the 'Catcher in the Rye' parts?

On top of that..this lineup seems to enjoy themselves playing anything from classics to covers and joke around on stage so it'll fun to see what the combined goofiness results in when they all have time to get into a room to jam out some existing 'unreleased' songs or write new stuff altogether!!

My apologies for being a hypocrite earlier and trolling people for airing out their opinions. I speak out of place way too often..my bad and no offence meant to anyone especially any of the GNR fan base/family!! You're all awesome and every opinion as equally valid since we all love the band in some way, shape or form.

/Brian Vegas

**Sig style inspired by jarmo**
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #3457 on: December 30, 2014, 08:32:21 AM »

Then write and release another album with the current bsnd, what ever that is, at the time.   

Absolutely true, I think they have about 40-60 tracks done by now + all the demos done since mid-90s.  And oh, they have that re-recorded Appetite For Destruction done also (I think it was already one back in 1999-2000), why not release that as a bonus CD?

I don't think that we'll get a new album in 2015 even though that picture which Axl posted from studio (?) gave me hope. But I'm quite sure we'll hear most of the new unreleased songs + Appetite Destruction "revisited" one day, it could be 2020 or 2040 but I don't think that Axl will take those songs to his grave.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3458 on: December 30, 2014, 08:50:54 AM »

I think he's a little closer than you give him credit for.  Come on, Duff plays some shows, Izzy plays some shows, it's all well and good.  Hell, even Robin and Brain came back for a show.  You can confidently and positively express support for those past members reuniting without running afoul of any GnR support guidelines.

Bingo.. But that's ok. I was just trying to answer the question... You desire a reunion with Slash and Izzy... thats not acceptable ... you want Bucket and Robin back... well you are a supporter of Axls vision!

Personally...I would welcome a reunion with any of the above... and I think it sucks that people come out and state I'd rather hear old songs than songs from the current band that is known as Guns n Roses.

I want to hear the old songs... but it is just a clusterfuck that people would rather not have the band write new songs if it means getting in the way of old stuff.

Just not an ideal situation.... Unfortunately if CD and the follow up could have been released in a timelier fashion... this wouldn't be an issue.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3459 on: December 30, 2014, 08:52:32 AM »

Absolutely true, I think they have about 40-60 tracks done by now + all the demos done since mid-90s.  And oh, they have that re-recorded Appetite For Destruction done also (I think it was already one back in 1999-2000), why not release that as a bonus CD?

I don't think that we'll get a new album in 2015 even though that picture which Axl posted from studio (?) gave me hope. But I'm quite sure we'll hear most of the new unreleased songs + Appetite Destruction "revisited" one day, it could be 2020 or 2040 but I don't think that Axl will take those songs to his grave.

I have similar thoughts... I NEVER thought Chinese Democracy would NEVER come out... same with the next record...

but I have no expectations or reason to believe its going to happen soon ... more hopeful today than a year ago... but still.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: