Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:39:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681805 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3400 on: December 28, 2014, 07:33:15 AM »

What is everyone's hopes for the sound of the next album?

I'm thinking that if Chinese was an introduction to the sound of this era of the band, there might be more "extreme" songs on there. Stuff that sounds less like Appetite...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3401 on: December 28, 2014, 08:22:36 AM »

That its actually heard someday.

I can't imagine anything they come up with I would not be interested in.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #3402 on: December 28, 2014, 11:21:14 AM »

Agreed.  But something tells me that while the rest of CD sessions may be a bit more progressive stuff, any new stuff they are writing with DJ is going to be more classic rock style.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #3403 on: December 28, 2014, 12:13:34 PM »

I'm thinking that if Chinese was an introduction to the sound of this era of the band, there might be more "extreme" songs on there. Stuff that sounds less like Appetite...

/jarmo

That is exactly what I am hoping for.  All of my favorite bands are the ones who don't put out the same record twice.  That is why bands like AC/DC and the Foo Fighters(at least lately)  bore me to tears.  I like the Foo Fighters, but what is the point of those last few records?  There is no new ground being broken there.  It is ok to have a signature sound, as all bands pretty much do, but you have to deviate away from it a little bit from time to time.  Guns N Roses have always done a great job at changing their sound from record to record.  Every record sounds different from the last.  If a new record from a band doesn't alienate half of their fan base I don't think they are doing their job right. 
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #3404 on: December 28, 2014, 12:57:43 PM »

^^Fuckin' Bodhi, your opinion is awesome. Couldn't agree more with what you said. Every album should be like a whole new band! That's why Rush of Blood to the Head (from Coldplay) was so good. It was like their previous album only on crack and in space, still recognizable but with the incorporation of a whole new dimension.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 01:23:57 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #3405 on: December 28, 2014, 01:11:51 PM »

I don't think DJ will change anything. If you look at his Sixx AM output (which is his most recent stuff), it is very "modern rock"...nothing remotely close to AFD era GNR.

Axl will ultimately use what he wants, and it is obvious from Chinese that his focus is not going backwards sound wise or style wise. He has been there and done that.

There is no way in hell DJ can replicate the guitar soup of Slash/Stradlin. They are all really completely different guitar players with different styles.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 01:37:28 PM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #3406 on: December 28, 2014, 06:07:53 PM »

They have to look for a new guitarist and this guy have to record some guitar parts for the new album (like Ron for Chi Dem). A new album will not released before 2016.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3407 on: December 28, 2014, 06:22:23 PM »

They have to look for a new guitarist and this guy have to record some guitar parts for the new album (like Ron for Chi Dem). A new album will not released before 2016.

Has it been established that Ron has left?

Even if that's the case, I don't think there will be much additions to already complete songs this time around.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Sosso
VIP

« Reply #3408 on: December 28, 2014, 07:02:32 PM »

Even if that's the case, I don't think there will be much additions to already complete songs this time around.

The songwriting and most of the recording from Chi Dem was completed between 1999 and 2003 but it took another five years to realease the album.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3409 on: December 28, 2014, 07:14:16 PM »

The songwriting and most of the recording from Chi Dem was completed between 1999 and 2003 but it took another five years to realease the album.

That's right. I have a feeling there were a lot of non-music related issues that dragged out the release that time around though.

Sweetness is a virtue
Sosso
VIP

« Reply #3410 on: December 28, 2014, 07:40:03 PM »

That's right. I have a feeling there were a lot of non-music related issues that dragged out the release that time around though.

Yeah I have that feeling too. I don't think that the band have worked alot in the studio since 2007. I'm not even sure if DJ had recorded something on the "Going Down" demo.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 07:42:15 PM by Sosso » Logged

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3411 on: December 28, 2014, 07:54:28 PM »

I don't think that the band have worked alot in the studio since 2007. I'm not even sure if DJ had recorded something on the "Going Down" demo.

That's hard to say, cuz there's not a lot of info on that subject out there.

But, Dj and Richard have talked about working on the material. Axl (indirectly) as well.

As Richard has pointed out, Axl doesn't want to go public about new material until things are complete. This is to take the best measures possible to prevent any leaks I think.

Given this policy run by GN'R, for all we know they've been hard at work with new material for quite some time. Hopefully, anyways.

Sweetness is a virtue
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #3412 on: December 29, 2014, 11:31:17 AM »

- Hard, industrial sound with lots of electronic elements
- A more organic, basic and traditional hard rock sound
- A mix of both perhaps?

Anything written by the current members. I am curious to see what an album by these group of songwriters would sound like. Not really interested in hearing stuff that was leftover from the last album ( At least not for the next release , maybe as part of a box set or a "remix").

Axl's got good songwriters in his band right now. Let's see what they can produce. I'm sure theyre not chomping at the bit to re-record or add layers to pre-existing songs. Or maybe they are who knows?

That and as a songwriter myself who's been hugely inspired by Axl, i'd like to see him write new material that's fresh. I feel that it's better to have fresh material and record it while you still have the feelings associated with said lyrics. It comes across as more honest in the singing. But as a musician i pick up on those things. Just my opinion. 
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3413 on: December 29, 2014, 12:05:06 PM »

- A mix of both perhaps?

Anything written by the current members. I am curious to see what an album by these group of songwriters would sound like. Not really interested in hearing stuff that was leftover from the last album ( At least not for the next release , maybe as part of a box set or a "remix").

Axl's got good songwriters in his band right now. Let's see what they can produce. I'm sure theyre not chomping at the bit to re-record or add layers to pre-existing songs. Or maybe they are who knows?

That and as a songwriter myself who's been hugely inspired by Axl, i'd like to see him write new material that's fresh. I feel that it's better to have fresh material and record it while you still have the feelings associated with said lyrics. It comes across as more honest in the singing. But as a musician i pick up on those things. Just my opinion. 

I think we all agree to some extent... But as GNR fans we know that is not in the cards... so we will take what we can get.

It would also be a waste to spend all of these years and then just skip over all those songs... if it came in a box set plus brand new writing... then yeah ..we'd all be thrilled.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #3414 on: December 29, 2014, 12:09:59 PM »

- A mix of both perhaps?

I think we all agree to some extent... But as GNR fans we know that is not in the cards... so we will take what we can get.

It would also be a waste to spend all of these years and then just skip over all those songs... if it came in a box set plus brand new writing... then yeah ..we'd all be thrilled.

I'm not saying to necesarily skip them, I'm just saying it shouldn't be the next release. If this is truely a band I think he (Axl) owes it to them to see what they can produce. I've read a lot on this board about this being the longest running lineup. They havent recorded anything though (at least that we know of).
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3415 on: December 29, 2014, 12:16:21 PM »

If you have great songs, you don't necessarily wanna start writing new ones just for the sake of writing new ones.

Either way, some will find a way to be critical about it no matter what the decision is.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3416 on: December 29, 2014, 12:18:05 PM »

- A mix of both perhaps?

I'm not saying to necesarily skip them, I'm just saying it shouldn't be the next release. If this is truely a band I think he (Axl) owes it to them to see what they can produce. I've read a lot on this board about this being the longest running lineup. They havent recorded anything though (at least that we know of).

Yup... I view it similarly... It's not a band in the traditional sense .. that most of us would prefer to see. All the guys int he band are paid to help Axl do what he wants to do in terms of anything related to GNR and what they record and release.

No member of the current most stable lineup they have ever had has been an inspiration to start writing new songs... apparently.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3417 on: December 29, 2014, 12:18:29 PM »

If you have great songs, you don't necessarily wanna start writing new ones just for the sake of writing new ones.

Either way, some will find a way to be critical about it no matter what the decision is.  hihi

/jarmo

That's life... not specific to GNR

and I agree... I hope to hear some great songs soon... no matter how old they are

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #3418 on: December 29, 2014, 12:51:27 PM »

- A mix of both perhaps?

Welcome to the forum Ow-So! I would be surprised if we didn't see at least a song or two written by the BBF lineup on the next release. It is interesting though, how few and far between album releases have been. I guess when you only release one album in a great while then you put the aged wine out first because you are the most confident in its taste. It seems to me like if songs are going to get Axl's seal of approval, he has to verify first hand that over time he will continue to like them. Almost like he wants to protect himself from having any regrets about the music he releases. Just a theory though.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #3419 on: December 29, 2014, 12:56:00 PM »

/jarmo

I don't disagree with you Jarmo, but in my opinion I would rather hear something by this current lineup before hearing something recorded by a previous Incarnation. That being said, If there are lyrics to a specific song which Axl wrote years ago, why not let the current band see what they can come up with musically. I hear a lot of talk of how much chemistry this band has on stage. On stage chemistry doesn't necesarily equate to in studio chemistry.

People will always be critical about things. This band is unique in the fact that it has one original member so I really dont understand when people critique CD for not sounding like AFD or UYI. No shit it's not the same musicians.

If this new lineup made new music chances are it wouldn't sound like CD. Not the same players.

So, people will complain but ultimately as a musician who cares. It's about being true to yourself and your band.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: