Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:25:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 494 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1681568 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3380 on: December 22, 2014, 02:48:57 PM »

You are never going to change them though.

Not naive enough to believe I can change anybody.

But, the main "goal" is to make them understand why on this site they are considered the oddballs.  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3381 on: December 22, 2014, 03:29:49 PM »

Axl called The General the spiritual 'sequel' to Estranged, lyric-wise.  This has me utterly curious as to the subject matter of this song.  From the title, you would imagine that it has to do with Axl's journey in Guns N' Roses. 

However, the song was recorded around 2002.  I wonder if the lyrics are still the same in 2015, or if Axl has since updated the song's sentiments, if you will, in more recent recording sessions.

I guess anything is possible.

But, since he never changed the vocal track on 'IRS' or 'Catcher' in 10 years time, I tend to think whatever was recorded way back when in Dubya's first term is still the only thing committed to tape.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3382 on: December 22, 2014, 04:01:18 PM »

Axl called The General the spiritual 'sequel' to Estranged, lyric-wise. 

Wasn't that Baz saying that Axl told him that?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3383 on: December 22, 2014, 04:02:57 PM »

Axl called The General the spiritual 'sequel' to Estranged, lyric-wise. 

Wasn't that Baz saying that Axl told him that?

/jarmo

Yeah, he told Baz that back in 06/07.  That was when Axl told him that it would be on the 3rd album....Which would be out in 2012.  rofl

I remember reading that and thinking "Awe, man, 2012?!"  Looking back, 3 albums inside those six years (2006-2012) would have been a sick fucking deal.

In retrospect, I'm just glad the ball is finally rolling to get the rest of the music out, um, soonish.  ok
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 04:08:39 PM by sofine11 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3384 on: December 22, 2014, 04:25:30 PM »

Yeah, Baz hasn't really proven himself to be a much of a reporter.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3385 on: December 22, 2014, 04:29:32 PM »

Nah, not at all.  He was just wildly supportive of all things Axl while they were doing that tour together.  It was fun to watch him cheerlead, not mention, drop occasional tidbits about the unheard music Axl shared with him.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3386 on: December 22, 2014, 06:47:26 PM »

Yeah, I don't know if Axl and Baz are still BFFs, or if that was a short time bromance.

But it was worth it.  The clips of the 2 of them doing 'My Michelle' were great.  Donnington, especially. 

And I loved Axl's vocals on the three songs from Baz's album.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3387 on: December 23, 2014, 08:42:58 AM »

Happy Festivus, everyone!

I'll be preparing for "Feats of Strength" for the rest of the day.....I'm hosting the Festivus dinner, tonight, and I plan for a VERY long night (I'm not losing!).

I'll check in every so often to catch up, so continue to air your grievances (looks like you all decided to start celebrating a little early!).

Tongue

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3388 on: December 23, 2014, 10:34:42 AM »

I'll be preparing for "Feats of Strength" for the rest of the day.....I'm hosting the Festivus dinner, tonight, and I plan for a VERY long night (I'm not losing!).

I'll check in every so often to catch up, so continue to air your grievances (looks like you all decided to start celebrating a little early!).

Tongue

Every day is Festivus for some!

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3389 on: December 23, 2014, 10:38:30 AM »

What sort of posts are we making on Festivus 2015, one wonders?

We should seriously start to take a look at things in that regard, I think.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3390 on: December 24, 2014, 11:43:36 AM »

I could see Baz reporting on a shit Axl took.  "Guys you wouldn't believe this shit Axl took!   It was the coolest thing I have ever seen!  You will guys will rock out and be pretty lucky, if Axl ever shows you his shit"

He is a little over the top....
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3391 on: December 24, 2014, 01:43:08 PM »

Hey. Just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #3392 on: December 24, 2014, 02:07:56 PM »

Think Axl would ever be down to release a box set of demos, outtakes, alt versions, etc.?  If they are going to do a CD remix, I'd prefer they throw that in a box as well rather than stand alone.  Thinking of all the reissues and other packages bands put out now.  It would be nice down the line once all of the original stuff from CD sessions is released.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #3393 on: December 25, 2014, 12:23:38 PM »

Tongue

Preparing for feats of strength?  Festivus sounds hardcore! I need to look it up.

Merry whatever's clever everyone! Catcher in the Rye is the greatest rock song of all time. The nah nah nah nah part reminds me of Weezer. You should all smoke a doobie. There, now I just need Jaeball here to tell me that making these kinds of statements is not the way to make friends around here and my rounds will be complete. <------ Has zero friends on his buddy list, should really consider taking Jaeball's advice  yes

I've been gone for a while because I haven't had internet where I am and I don't have a smart phone. Right now I am visiting my friends that have it.

Edit (New stuff to say but editing rather than posting again)

Anyone here check out that evader guy's stuff? I am listening to it now for the first time and I must say, his remixes of madagascar (danube) and IRS (Bucket star chasing) are incredible. This makes me even more excited for the remix album. For the time being (it could just be because it is new to me) I actually like his mix of madagascar more than I like the original. Listening to it is putting a lot of life back into the song for me, almost as if it were a whole new song.

At the same time, I do not like evader's remixes that incorporate other artist's vocals into the mix. I like Axl's voice way too much to see it share the spotlight with another artist. I used to be a huge fan of everything Coldplay did up until the track they shared with Rhiana. She totally killed it for me and I was so disappointed I still haven't been back to check them out again. I hope if people guest star on one of his tracks that they stay somewhat in the background. I would much rather see Axl with a strong presence on another artist's new song than I would see another vocalist take over half of an Axl song. I'm sure Kid Rock or whoever would be happy to collaborate on a track of their own with him. I don't like country music per say but I think it would be cool to see him collaborate on a big time country song with Willie Nelson or something. They could do a duet together in nasally voices about how marijuna being illegal is un American.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 03:52:58 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3394 on: December 26, 2014, 04:44:51 PM »

Think Axl would ever be down to release a box set of demos, outtakes, alt versions, etc.?  If they are going to do a CD remix, I'd prefer they throw that in a box as well rather than stand alone.  Thinking of all the reissues and other packages bands put out now.  It would be nice down the line once all of the original stuff from CD sessions is released.

He was asked about a special edition of AFD in some interview. As there were no unknown b-sides to that album as he was aware of, he seemed to be open to the idea of a remastered version of the album.

To me, there hasn't been any indicators of him not being up for any sort of special edition of an album. They already did one for CD, although it didn't contain any alternate or additional audio recordings.

With the (presumably) wealth of material recorded during the CD-sessions I certainly hope most of it will see the light of day in any way, shape or form. I would even buy a CD with tracks like "Robin riff 345b - A minor".  hihi

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3395 on: December 26, 2014, 04:48:22 PM »

And I loved Axl's vocals on the three songs from Baz's album.

Same here. Those vocals didn't stand back from any of the old albums.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3396 on: December 27, 2014, 03:42:06 PM »

What is everyone's hopes for the sound of the next album?

- Hard, industrial sound with lots of electronic elements
- A more organic, basic and traditional hard rock sound
- A mix of both perhaps?

Sweetness is a virtue
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #3397 on: December 27, 2014, 05:04:29 PM »

I just want more chinese!

And from what Axl has said already, I might not be disappointed!

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #3398 on: December 28, 2014, 12:27:53 AM »

- A mix of both perhaps?

As far as sound goes, I hope it's really complex with lots of layers. I also hope it sounds more like the music Buckethead makes than CD did. This opinion formed in me after I got a little more acquainted with Bucket's music (thanks to a few of Evader's truly remarkable remixes).

CD seemed to sum up a lot of the musical styles that came and went during the time of its creation and I think it would be neat to see something equally epic and diverse in terms of sound. To me CD was brilliant and incredibly underrated (I know Jaeball, praising CD is not the way to make friends around here  hihi). I am convinced that the album crafting skills of the band were significantly fortified during the struggle to get CD right and that the next album will be even better as a result. I also think the same applies to the remix album.

As far as themes go, I would like to see a GNR song (or concept album) that deals with the subject of coming to terms with death. It is such a universal theme that everyone has to deal with at one point or another and if I'm not mistaken, they haven't done that kind of song yet. 

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3399 on: December 28, 2014, 01:31:06 AM »

- A mix of both perhaps?

As far as sound goes, I hope it's really complex with lots of layers. I also hope it sounds more like the music Buckethead makes than CD did. This opinion formed in me after I got a little more acquainted with Bucket's music (thanks to a few of Evader's truly remarkable remixes).

CD seemed to sum up a lot of the musical styles that came and went during the time of its creation and I think it would be neat to see something equally epic and diverse in terms of sound. To me CD was brilliant and incredibly underrated (I know Jaeball, praising CD is not the way to make friends around here  hihi). I am convinced that the album crafting skills of the band were significantly fortified during the struggle to get CD right and that the next album will be even better as a result. I also think the same applies to the remix album.

As far as themes go, I would like to see a GNR song (or concept album) that deals with the subject of coming to terms with death. It is such a universal theme that everyone has to deal with at one point or another and if I'm not mistaken, they haven't done that kind of song yet. 

I agree 100% with the fact that they should leave all Buckets parts intact with any release.

With Ron, playing these games now with the band, it would of been nice to have Buckets parts all over CD
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 494 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: